Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,060 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Inside The $350 Million Abandoned TINAPA RESORT! What Has Changed In 2024 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside The $350 Million Abandoned TINAPA RESORT! What Has Changed In 2024 (5063 Views)

Snakes, Wild Lizards, Rodents Take Over Tinapa / Calas Vegas: Ayade Builds ‘World-Class’ Resort Despite Tinapa’s ‘$450M Setback / Ayade To Turn Tinapa Into University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside The $350 Million Abandoned TINAPA RESORT! What Has Changed In 2024 by Godfullsam(m): 7:12pm On Mar 05
Rantingpiglets:
Tinapa was killed by YORUBA.

Immediately Tinapa DIED, they started the LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE.

Now, the zone in Lekki is dead also, because the planning and implementation was hurriedly conceived by useless and envious people.

Same people that used Propaganda to kill development in the SS will soon tell you that IGBOs killed Tinapa.

Anybody from SS that believes YORUBA Propaganda against IGBOs is a fool.

Tinapa will resurrect under a sovereign nation.

Nuff said

Yoruba killed tinapa ?

Chai!
How did yorubas kill tinapa?

Is it with gun or Cutlass?
Ayam not understanding...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside The $350 Million Abandoned TINAPA RESORT! What Has Changed In 2024 by mrvitalis(m): 7:14pm On Mar 05
Noneroone:

Since Akwa Ibom has infrastructure, it can be said to be showing symptoms of development? I advise you to cool down because your brain is overheating.

can you tell me one country that grew without foreign investment? You seem to enjoy making reckless academic statements you can't defend. Jewish investment made US a global powerhouse after the second world war. US investment reinvented Japan after same war. China opened up it's economy to welcome transformation, while Jewish diaspora made Israel.

Whether a US based Abia native built a factory in Aba or a white American built same factory, they are all classed as " foreign investment". Foreign investment matters too but local investors must take the lead to competitively keep foreigners in check and conserve national values. The job of government is to Keep the enabling environment for all to thrive by providing critical infrastructure. If the economy thrives, financial institutions will be better positioned to provide loan facilities for start ups. Government should not provide loans for business. Government is not a business venture.

you support local industries by making it very easy for them to produce and facilitate export. You do this by building seaport, power plants, Rail networks and tax relief as encouragement. When they export and interact with the global peers, they learn more ideas. With time they grow beyond national boundary and become a multinationals.

You don't hand them 💰 money without creating a conductive environment. That is a global principle known to all except for some radicalized Obidient mob.

Nigeria has all the oil in the world but without the critical infrastructure called refinery. The cost of producing refined oil went high. That is why fuel isn't affordable to Nigerians and crude oil isn't profitable for export. This is what absence of infrastructure can cause. A vibrant rail system means that product from the north will reach target markets in the south within hours and vice versa. This is what keeps an economy running.

swallow your pride and get some education. If there is a little more of people with your line of thought in the East, then, there is a very serious problem.

Empty brain feeding me back with the same Akwa Ibom example I gave him. Akwa Ibom failed because there is no incubation of ideas, skills and hardwork like I said before. Even if you dash them 100 million each they'll waste it on carnival. A man without vision sees money as luxury while a man with ideas will see Same money as capital. They lack human capital and infrastructure there can't help them.
Bros ok when u govern your state borrow n invest in fine infrastructure

Leave me alone

I don't why Africans are so stubborn

After during the great depression how did America recover it's economy? By building infrastructure?

After the world War the money America gave Europe was used to build infrastructure?

Did China start by building infrastructure? Or helping it's businesses grow first then built infrastructure as demand increased?

See eeh let Africans continue to build infrastructure then end up paying people to use them

Tinapa failed, obudu failed, all free trade zone failed Lmaooo
Re: Inside The $350 Million Abandoned TINAPA RESORT! What Has Changed In 2024 by Noneroone(m): 8:34pm On Mar 05
mrvitalis:

Bros ok when u govern your state borrow n invest in fine infrastructure

Leave me alone

I don't why Africans are so stubborn

After during the great depression how did America recover it's economy? By building infrastructure?

After the world War the money America gave Europe was used to build infrastructure?

Did China start by building infrastructure? Or helping it's businesses grow first then built infrastructure as demand increased?

See eeh let Africans continue to build infrastructure then end up paying people to use them

Tinapa failed, obudu failed, all free trade zone failed Lmaooo
Take your silly questions back to your secondary school teachers or you make use of your phone instead jumping into arguments and punching above your intellectual weight. You are asking questions that already contain answers.

Handing cash to people in the name of SME support which you and your dumb mentor Obi propose is called poverty alleviation.

Trading and importation which Igbos dominate in Nigeria will only make a large number of Igbos gainfully employed but will never lead to significant economic growth. This is why the East struggle with IGR.

What makes an economy a giant is manufacturing and export aided by critical infrastructure. It is time for Igbos to transition to that. It was manufacturing and export of goods and Agricultural products and coal that made eastern region one of the fastest growing economies in the world. All the industrial layout still bubbling in the East such as harbour in Onitsha, Trans amadi in PH, and Emene in Enugu were created then with enabling infrastructure. They didn't dash people money the Obi way.

Igbos retired for trading instead of manufacturing after the civil war because infrastructure such as power was destroyed and the economic integration of the Eastern region was disrupted by state creation and end of autonomy for states. The 3R which was to serve as a Marshall plan was on papers. Oil exports turned Nigerians into consumers and Igbos filled the void.

Develop infrastructure, manufacture, add value and export, you'll have a strong currency and import agricultural products and raw materials cheap. This is the secret of first world countries. China borrowed heavily from the west to finance infrastructure projects. No country grows without developing infrastructure.

Lastly, I don't know why you are laughing. Tinapa is not critical infrastructure. Neither is Obudu. They were white elephant tourism projects being hosted by hungry natives. They were bound to fail.

You guys need rehabilitation. Obi has brainwashed you into zombies. Have you ever bothered to ask why he failed woefully as governor?

1 Like

Re: Inside The $350 Million Abandoned TINAPA RESORT! What Has Changed In 2024 by mrvitalis(m): 8:36pm On Mar 05
Noneroone:
Take your silly questions back to your secondary school teachers or you make use of your phone instead jumping into arguments and punching above your intellectual weight. You are asking questions that already contain answers.

Handing cash to people in the name of SME support which you and your dumb mentor Obi propose is called poverty alleviation.

Trading and importation which Igbos dominate in Nigeria will only make a large number of Igbos gainfully employed but will never lead to significant economic growth. This is why the East struggle with IGR.

What makes an economy a giant is manufacturing and export aided by critical infrastructure. It is time for Igbos to transition to that. It was manufacturing and export of goods and Agricultural products and coal that made eastern region one of the fastest growing economies in the world. All the industrial layout still bubbling in the East such as harbour in Onitsha, Trans amadi in PH, and Emene in Enugu were created then with enabling infrastructure. They didn't dash people money the Obi way.

Igbos retired for trading instead of manufacturing after the civil war because infrastructure such as power was destroyed and the economic integration of the Eastern region was disrupted by state creation and end of autonomy for states. The 3R which was to serve as a Marshall plan was on papers. Oil exports turned Nigerians into consumers and Igbos filled the void.

Develop infrastructure, manufacture, add value and export, you'll have a strong currency and import agricultural products and raw materials cheap. This is the secret of first world countries. China borrowed heavily from the west to finance infrastructure projects. No country grows without developing infrastructure.

Lastly, I don't know why you are laughing. Tinapa is not critical infrastructure. Neither is Obudu. They were white elephant tourism projects being hosted by hungry natives. They were bound to fail.

You guys need rehabilitation. Obi has brainwashed you into zombies. Have you ever bothered to ask why he failed woefully as governor?
Like how u ignored the great depression, world War and china question
Re: Inside The $350 Million Abandoned TINAPA RESORT! What Has Changed In 2024 by Noneroone(m): 8:57pm On Mar 05
mrvitalis:

go and help yourself with the answers.
Re: Inside The $350 Million Abandoned TINAPA RESORT! What Has Changed In 2024 by Bitterkolatea4: 9:51pm On Mar 05
mrvitalis:

i like how he schooled you, if you are wise you will learn some lessons from him and moreover he is not even asking for school fees for the great work he did.

Learn some free lessons and stop jumping on every thread with a half baked knowledge.
Later you will say school na scam shey you enjoyed how he calmly schooled you.
School no be scam my brother.
Re: Inside The $350 Million Abandoned TINAPA RESORT! What Has Changed In 2024 by mrvitalis(m): 10:00pm On Mar 05
Bitterkolatea4:
i like how he schooled you, if you are wise you will learn some lessons from him and moreover he is not even asking for school fees for the great work he did.

Learn some free lessons and stop jumping on every thread with a half baked knowledge.
Later you will say school na scam shey you enjoyed how he calmly schooled you.
School no be scam my brother.
Schooled what? Lmaooo are you serious? What school?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Etteh Steps Aside: Finally / Where Are The Bad Roads? Got a more serious photo? / Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.