Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,765 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? (14666 Views)

Christland Sex Scandal: Where Did We Go Wrong? What No One Is Talking About / When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. / Divorce Invitation: Weirdest Party Invitation I Have Ever Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Afonja2000: 11:22pm On Mar 04
This my female colleague at work received a call from a female Police officer by name officer angel.

She informed her that her husband brought a complaint against her to the station and as a result her presence is required at the station.

It was when she got home tonight that the police Invitation was handed to her by a co-tenant.

Right now, she is contemplating if she should honor the invitation or not as she is not sure if the Nigerian police can be trusted.

From what I could gather concerning her and her husband is that they have been married for less than two years. The foundation of the marriage was built on lies. The husband pretended to be what he wasn't during their courtship, which unfortunately lasted less than three months.

My colleague for reasons I'm yet to understand failed to make all the necessary enquiry concerning the man she was getting married to.

The man has been married before in which the first wife died as a result of maltreatment from the man and his family members especially from his mother and his elder sisters.

My colleague saw a completely different man from what she thought that she got married to in less than a month after their white wedding.
She was always treated like a slave by her mother in law and two of her daughters with broken marriages.

The husband always accused her of having extra marital affairs with no tangible evidence to back it up and usually have her locked out of their rented apartment.

This is actually the first time she stood up to her husband and the next thing he did was to report her to the police.

1 Like

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Cowbell521: 11:31pm On Mar 04
You no get sense. The man did this. The man did that. What did she do that made him.report her to the police? She damaged Abi she no damage? Follow her to the station na. Sheybi you dey the same house with them. Mugu

170 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by slimjohn2k5: 11:45pm On Mar 04
Ask her to go with a lawyer

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Afonja2000: 12:13am On Mar 05
Cowbell521:
You no get sense. The man did this. The man did that. What did she do that made him.report her to the police? She damaged Abi she no damage? Follow her to the station na. Sheybi you dey the same house with them. Mugu
You can actually make your point without sounding stupid; riffraff!

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Afonja2000: 12:16am On Mar 05
slimjohn2k5:
Ask her to go with a lawyer
Wouldn't that make it look like she is guilty of the unfounded accusations against her?
Thanks for your quality input anyway

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by VeryWickedMan: 12:17am On Mar 05
An invitation is technically a respectful arrest.
OP you neva talk wetin your sister do.

135 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by judatech: 12:23am On Mar 05
Go with a lawyer to avoid stories that touch....
Hmmm...for this country ehn.... person wey no dey relationship get peace of mind.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Afonja2000: 12:29am On Mar 05
VeryWickedMan:
An invitation is technically a respectful arrest.
OP you neva talk wetin your sister do.
According to her, the husband ceased her phone and denied her access to her personal effects which caused a tussle between them, after which he claimed that she damaged his properties.
She is my work colleague like I said initially

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Afonja2000: 12:30am On Mar 05
Now that we are in the front page, I will keep updating the thread as the case unfolds.

For those asking how I happen to know so much about the couple, I have a cousin who is from the same community with the man's family and has always been the one keeping me informed with the situations in that family

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by VeryWickedMan: 12:34am On Mar 05
Afonja2000:

According to her, the husband ceased her phone and denied her access to her personal effects which caused a tussle between them, after which he claimed that she damaged his properties.
She is my work colleague like I said initially

Explains the malicious damage charge.

Depending on the item she damaged, she may be locked up but if she drop kpekus for OC, we will drop the charges & charge the husband with homosexuality which is 14 years.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Afonja2000: 12:45am On Mar 05
VeryWickedMan:

Explains the malicious damage charge.

Depending on the item she damaged, she may be locked up but if she drop kpekus for OC, we will drop the charges & charge the husband with homosexuality which is 14 years.
Lol u are a typical Nigerian policeman, so her fears are well founded?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by VeryWickedMan: 1:05am On Mar 05
Afonja2000:

Lol u are a typical Nigerian policeman, so her fears are well founded?

Tell your sister to go with a lawyer as someone told you up there.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by SIXFEETUNDER: 2:12am On Mar 05
Wetin your sister do ??

Talk true

Abi she day sponsor baby factory ??

5 Likes

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Tallesty1(m): 7:40am On Mar 05
Some things in this story no just suppose be.

A female police officer that her name is Angel

How is that even possible?

Tell her to be careful

She should go with 4 SANs and 6 landlords just incase

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Afonja2000: 8:05am On Mar 05
VeryWickedMan:

[b]Tell your sister [/b]to go with a lawyer as someone told you up there.
Alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Afonja2000: 8:06am On Mar 05
Tallesty1:

Tell her to be careful

Hmmmmmmmmmm!
This is serious!
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Afonja2000: 8:07am On Mar 05
SIXFEETUNDER:

Wetin your sister do ??

Talk true

Abi she day sponsor baby factory ??
Sorry, this post is meant for mature minds who are experienced in such matters

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Ofunaofu: 8:19am On Mar 05
Tallesty1:

Tell her to be careful

Are you implying that a Nigerian police officer cannot be an angel or bear the name Angel?  grin grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Tallesty1(m): 8:45am On Mar 05
Ofunaofu:

Are you implying that a Nigerian police officer cannot be an angel or bear the name Angel?  grin grin grin
grin grin grin

a Female Angel in a police station.

Even Jesus go surprise.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Stephen0mozzy: 11:32am On Mar 05
angry
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Parydelegate: 11:35am On Mar 05
Ok
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Timoleon(m): 11:35am On Mar 05
The write up positions the 'wife' as a victim, the husband and his family as terrible people, my question is why is she hell bent on staying in the marriage? Perhaps the writeup isn't telling us the truth.

As regards the actual question, I do not have any trust or love for the Nigerian police. She should get a lawyer to accompany her to the station. She has to honor the invitation for her own sake and that of her family, it might just be where they finally grind out their differences and become a better couple

12 Likes

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Dididrumz(m): 11:35am On Mar 05
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Guyfawkes2: 11:36am On Mar 05
A police woman answering Angel ?

She should better go with a lawyer

2 Likes

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by noobody(m): 11:36am On Mar 05
Nothing can go wrong!!

Best to go with a lawyer.

Also try to be respectful to the police officers,

You can't get locked up for no reason.

Also try to update police PPRO on twitter before stepping out,

So the IPO knows not to mess up.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Angel55555(m): 11:36am On Mar 05
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:38am On Mar 05
What a terrible mistake. 3 months courtship is not enough no matter how desperate you are to get married. Marrying a man who together with his family killed his first wife is suicide. Marrying a man who will later lock you up due to a misunderstanding is foolishness.
She should update her family now o that the wife killer she married is about to lock her up and about to kill her in her matrimonial home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by MyExpression(m): 11:38am On Mar 05
noobody:
Nothing can go wrong!!

Best to go with a lawyer.

Also try to be respectful to the police officers,

You can't get locked up for no reason.

Also try to update police PPRO on twitter before stepping out,

So the IPO knows not to mess up.

This sums it up!
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by JayPeeOham: 11:39am On Mar 05
Right of freedom

She should report the matter to any police friend of hers if she has any... Going with a lawyer might just send a wrong or a different message to the hungry police officers!

2 Likes

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Thazard(m): 11:40am On Mar 05
Afonja2000:
Seriously, na now I begin dey value my singleness
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? / What Should I Do? Please Help! / What's The Reason Behind Your Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.