Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,569 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? (14663 Views)

Christland Sex Scandal: Where Did We Go Wrong? What No One Is Talking About / When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. / Divorce Invitation: Weirdest Party Invitation I Have Ever Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Bmaster(m): 12:06pm On Mar 05
judatech:
Go with a lawyer to avoid stories that touch....
Hmmm...for this country ehn.... [lperson wey no dey relationship get peace of mind.
this is what many don't know,since I realized this every Sunday evening I will freshen up myself and go down to those favorite spots in town where those gen-z's normally do gather with their boyfriend and girlfriend.
I'll then demand for a full garnished chicken with cold stone for easy digestion.
Gen-z's will all be looking around to see who I came with. grin
Man alone,God has blessed single guys with plenty peace of mind,but na only few realize am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by rilChilz: 12:07pm On Mar 05
Go with your own lawyer and make a counter allegation... Let her not be the only one in defensive mode
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by millionboi2: 12:08pm On Mar 05
JayPeeOham:
Right of freedom

She should report the matter to any police friend of hers if she has any... Going with a lawyer might just send a wrong or a different message to the hungry police officers!
always go with your lawyer incase like this.
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Truvelisback(m): 12:09pm On Mar 05
Afonja2000:

Wouldn't that make it look like she is guilty of the unfounded accusations against her?
Thanks for your quality input anyway
It won't. If she goes alone, the police may detain her(put her in their cell). She would then have to bail herself or someone would have to bail. Or the police may not judge the matter fairly.
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Chickensoup: 12:10pm On Mar 05
This is the problem I have with women. Whenever a lady complains, other ladies believe without asking themselves what about the other person's side of the story or could she be lying. Look at what you typed, the only thing I see is what your friend told you. Have you asked the husband or asked yourself if the story she is giving you is hyped. Have you ever seen a lady breakup and say she is the one at fault?

All the things she told you, what is the connection with police calling your friend. Did she commit a crime or not? Why all the irrelevant info about her married life. There are good and bad people for both genders so until we hear the husband's side of the story, we don't know if your friend is lying or saying the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by somtochukwu161: 12:11pm On Mar 05
Don't go with a lawyer because if u do is assumed u knw Ur offence .so just go there as an invitation but also make sure u tell Ur family members when going so that they will come immidiately u have gone there based on the fact that they heard u were invited by the police quote author=slimjohn2k5 post=128778322]Ask her to go with a lawyer [/quote]
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by millionboi2: 12:15pm On Mar 05
yewit37486:
You will please bring along with you.... "self". Hahahaha.

Anyway, I wish her and her husband a peaceful resolution.
initially I think na me no Sabi read oo hahahaha police English

1 Like

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by GhostWisperer: 12:16pm On Mar 05
Afonja2000:
This my female colleague at work received a call from a female Police officer by name officer angel.

She informed her that her husband brought a complaint against her to the station and as a result her presence is required at the station.

It was when she got home tonight that the police Invitation was handed to her by a co-tenant.

Right now, she is contemplating if she should honor the invitation or not as she is not sure if the Nigerian police can be trusted.

From what I could gather concerning her and her husband is that they have been married for less than two years. The foundation of the marriage was built on lies. The husband pretended to be what he wasn't during their courtship, which unfortunately lasted less than three months.

My colleague for reasons I'm yet to understand failed to make all the necessary enquiry concerning the man she was getting married to.

The man has been married before in which the first wife died as a result of maltreatment from the man and his family members especially from his mother and his elder sisters.

My colleague saw a completely different man from what she thought that she got married to in less than a month after their white wedding.
She was always treated like a slave by her mother in law and two of her daughters with broken marriages.

The husband always accused her of having extra marital affairs with no tangible evidence to back it up and usually have her locked out of their rented apartment.

This is actually the first time she stood up to her husband and the next thing he did was to report her to the police.
if you're a male colleague, you're a disgrace.

If you're a female, I see you not getting married in your life

2 Likes

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by ehissi(m): 12:16pm On Mar 05
Afonja2000:
This my female colleague at work received a call from a female Police officer by name officer angel.

She informed her that her husband brought a complaint against her to the station and as a result her presence is required at the station.

It was when she got home tonight that the police Invitation was handed to her by a co-tenant.

Right now, she is contemplating if she should honor the invitation or not as she is not sure if the Nigerian police can be trusted.

From what I could gather concerning her and her husband is that they have been married for less than two years. The foundation of the marriage was built on lies. The husband pretended to be what he wasn't during their courtship, which unfortunately lasted less than three months.

My colleague for reasons I'm yet to understand failed to make all the necessary enquiry concerning the man she was getting married to.

The man has been married before in which the first wife died as a result of maltreatment from the man and his family members especially from his mother and his elder sisters.

My colleague saw a completely different man from what she thought that she got married to in less than a month after their white wedding.
She was always treated like a slave by her mother in law and two of her daughters with broken marriages.

The husband always accused her of having extra marital affairs with no tangible evidence to back it up and usually have her locked out of their rented apartment.

This is actually the first time she stood up to her husband and the next thing he did was to report her to the police.

The Nigerian Police will never get involved in dispute between married couples as they insist it is a family matter. Never.....This is a fact

Your colleague is definitely keeping some information from you at best, at worst she is lying to you!....

An invitation is poor man's arrest, meaning the person that reported to the police didn't have money to mobilise them to get you arrested.....

So she should go to with lawyer & respond to the invitation.

Remember, when getting involved with couples, never judge any matter or person by listening to one side of a story, especially if the woman is the one talking.....

It will save you from doing or saying or getting into anything stupid/foolish/dangerous, experience in these type of cases is usually the worst teacher......
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Draslo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 05
Tallesty1:
grin grin grin

a Female Angel in a police station.

Even Jesus go surprise.
Normally sef Angel no suppose get gender
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by greggng: 12:17pm On Mar 05
This matter is very simple . Let her go with her lawyer . Is better to remain single than to be in abusive marriage ....After the invitation let her commence the divorce procedure . An abusive man can never change....but if she fails to follow this way ...weight wake up one day and read about her death on news paper
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by gabbasin: 12:18pm On Mar 05
Afonja2000:

Right now, she is contemplating if she should honor the invitation or not as she is not sure if the Nigerian police can be trusted.I suspect this your colleague is cheating on her husband with you as alleged

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Tallesty1(m): 12:19pm On Mar 05
Draslo:

Normally sef Angel no suppose get gender
Even if at all e go get gender, it can never be female.

1 Like

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by JayPeeOham: 12:21pm On Mar 05
millionboi2:
always go with your lawyer incase like this.

Okay and what if the Lawyer is unavailable?
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by 1000angstroms(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05
VeryWickedMan:
An invitation is technically a respectful arrest.
OP you neva talk wetin your sister do.

Hahahaha!

Use the beyonCe crypto people wey Nigeria invite come arrest.
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by neonly: 12:34pm On Mar 05
Cowbell521:
You no get sense. The man did this. The man did that. What did she do that made him.report her to the police? She damaged Abi she no damage? Follow her to the station na. Sheybi you dey the same house with them. Mugu

D guy na complete monkey see d way he just narrating d story as if he live in same house with them bonfool
For a husband to report his wife in station means der is likely treat to life
A woman is innocent until
A man is guilty until
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Britishpea: 12:37pm On Mar 05
If you are a man I pity you. One way judgement.
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by flexy44vibez: 12:38pm On Mar 05
Wahala

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by neonly: 12:39pm On Mar 05
Afonja2000:

According to her, the husband ceased her phone and denied her access to her personal effects which caused a tussle between them, after which he claimed that she damaged his properties.
She is my work colleague like I said initially

U bi real monkey carrying other people matter for yur head
At yur age instead make you don settle down with yur own family na another person matter you put for yur head abi you wan take over from d guy i dislike people like
Appriko jobless monkey
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Beverlyjean(f): 12:40pm On Mar 05
yesloaded:

This is not a criminal case but civil and it's only handled by competent court of law. Police are mandated to involve only in criminal case

If their marriage is not working due to domestic violence, they need to approach court of law fordl dissolution

We only heard one side of the story whereas coin has 2 sides

She damaged his properties and u say its not a criminal case ... destruction of properties is against the law ... its a criminal case... and I will advise her to go with enough cash cos whether she likes it or not , she must part with cash or she will sleep inside cell, even if she goes there with a lawyer
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Donedeal1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 05
The did has been done
Pregnancy involved?.
Answer the invitation
Wise women built her homes
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by yesloaded: 12:47pm On Mar 05
Beverlyjean:

She damaged his properties and u say its not a criminal case ... destruction of properties is against the law ... its a criminal case... and I will advise her to go with enough cash cos whether she likes it or not , she must part with cash or she will sleep inside cell, even if she goes there with a lawyer

According to op, this is the full story but I can't see where he talked about the wife damaging the husband's properties

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Tom1960: 12:48pm On Mar 05
She should go with a lawyer.
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Tookool(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05
Afonja2000:

By saying “stood up to the husband” what do you mean ?
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Beverlyjean(f): 12:51pm On Mar 05
yesloaded:

According to op, this is the full story but I can't see where he talked about the wife damaging the husband's properties

Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Alvino1(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05
Afonja2000:

She should honour the invitation, the offense for which she is invited is a bailable one, but she shouldn’t go alone and empty handed…. She should get someone who would stand as a surty to accompany her and also have some cash at hand.. cos after her statement, the next thing would be to detain her… but if she has a surty and also some bailout money, she will be heading home immediately after the statement then the police will give them an appointment date and time…
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by storysaver11: 12:55pm On Mar 05
With Story Saver Instagram, you can view and save Instagram stories from public accounts in high-quality MP4 format while staying anonymous. Our service was created to provide an easy and secure way to download IG stories, as Instagram does not allow you to browse or save IG stories unless you use the official Instagram app.
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Maobichek: 12:56pm On Mar 05
Afonja2000:

Seriously, na now I begin dey value my singleness

Many homes/marriages are doing well, please don't celebrate singleness because if you have a good home/marriage, you will not hesitate to encourage singles to go and get married.

A man need a woman and a man need a man.
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Levels1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 05
[quote author=Afonja2000 pos...
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Zeebuy: 12:59pm On Mar 05
VeryWickedMan:

Explains the malicious damage charge.

Depending on the item she damaged, she may be locked up but if she drop kpekus for OC, we will drop the charges & charge the husband with homosexuality which is 14 years.
hahahahahahaha....guy you don off me
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by Levels1(m): 1:01pm On Mar 05
From your write up, you have been able to establish that your so called friend is an irresponsible lady as such she is contemplating either to honoured a lawful invitation.

Going forward, she calmed her husband first wife dies due to maltreatment and the likes from her husband mother and sister, this alone might be the reason for the invitee as she indeed have a case to ANS and do advise her to go along with her prove as she might not be going back home if otherwise.

I don't really understand why we now have irresponsible ladies in our society, let her go back home and learn the principle of marriage.

She was bitter towards her in-law from your post and she doesn't deserve to be married.

Let her ignore the invitation please so that she will spend months behind the bar. Thanks
(Modify) (Quote
Re: Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? by yesloaded: 1:10pm On Mar 05
Beverlyjean:

Oh, I didn't read that part and I wonder who op failed to include that in his main post instead of posting it later. Can you now see why I said in my post that there's 2 sides to the story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? / What Should I Do? Please Help! / What's The Reason Behind Your Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.