Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! (5735 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Kills 7, Injures Many In Maiduguri / Polls Celebration Gone Wrong: Lamido’s Aide Kills One, Injures 4 With Car / Police Battle Hoodlums As Jonathan Campaigns In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Relax101(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
Another Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi!

KANO (AFP) – A roadside bomb exploded in the city of Bauchi, injuring four people, the latest in a series of attacks to hit the region in recent months, police said Saturday.

“There was a bomb blast in Wuntin-dada suburb of the city in which four people were injured,” Bauchi State police spokesman Mohammed Barau told AFP.

He said the incident happened Friday evening as workers were returning home.

“The bomb which was planted by the roadside went off as people were closing for the day. Forensic experts have been conducting investigation into the incident and bomb fragments have been taken to Abuja for analysis,” he said.

Barau said no arrests had been made and it was too early to blame any group for the incident.

The radical Islamist sect known as Boko Haram has been blamed for scores of bomb and gun attacks in Nigeria, including the capital, Abuja.

The sect claimed responsibility for the August suicide bombing of the UN headquarters in Abuja which killed at least 24 people and coordinated attacks in the country’s northeast last week that left some 150 people dead.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/another-bomb-blast-injures-four-in-bauchi/
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by icez: 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2011
Thank God no one was killed.

The fg should send el-rufai to bauchi. cool
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Pukkah: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
Why should El-Rufai be sent to Bauchi? What's the link here?
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by icez: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
Pukkah:

Why should El-Rufai be sent to Bauchi? What's the link here?

Are you just arriving from the moon? undecided
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by yoji: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
forgive my ignorance but since we learn everyday, pls can u pls beak it down, wats d link btw el-rufai and bauchi?
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by ayusman16(m): 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
Agreed. El-rival should head the delegation to mediate and negotiate with the notorious Islamic Sect.
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by asha80(m): 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
pukkah and yoji el-rufai said the government should dialogue with boko haram
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Scream(m): 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
El-rufai tweeted (on twitter) that Federal Govt should negotiate with Boko Haram. Some people (I,inclusive) think that there is nothing to discuss with them but if he is convinced that his tweet is reasonable, let him lead the delegation. For once, let a politician back words with actions, Obj has tried it. Meanwhile, he ought to address the people bombing, but if he doesn't think he should, then all his criticism against the GEJ's Govt can best be seen as capitalising on genuine aspirations of Nigerians to pursue hidden agenda(ie if we reason along the line of him being innocent until declared guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction in all the cases he is answering concerning his stewardship in positions he occupied).
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by OAM4J: 1:31am On Nov 13, 2011
Na wa o!

Forget ElRufai and his comment/opinion, he is not the president, he only expressed his opinion like millions of other Nigerians can do.

Let the C in C of the armed forces and Nigeria security officials find a solution to this and secure the life and properties of the citizens.
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by slap1(m): 11:11am On Nov 13, 2011
Relax101:

Another Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi!

KANO (AFP) – A roadside bomb exploded in the city of Bauchi, injuring four people, the latest in a series of attacks to hit the region in recent months, police said Saturday.

“There was a bomb blast in Wuntin-dada suburb of the city in which four people were injured,” Bauchi State police spokesman Mohammed Barau told AFP.

He said the incident happened Friday evening as workers were returning home.

“The bomb which was planted by the roadside went off as people were closing for the day. Forensic experts have been conducting investigation into the incident and bomb fragments have been taken to Abuja for analysis,” he said.

Barau said no arrests had been made and it was too early to blame any group for the incident.

The radical Islamist sect known as Boko Haram has been blamed for scores of bomb and gun attacks in Nigeria, including the capital, Abuja.

The sect claimed responsibility for the August suicide bombing of the UN headquarters in Abuja which killed at least 24 people and coordinated attacks in the country’s northeast last week that left some 150 people dead.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/another-bomb-blast-injures-four-in-bauchi/
Una no go kill pesin wit laff!
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2011
Normal news.
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by 1025: 11:34am On Nov 13, 2011
El-rufai tweeted (on twitter) that Federal Govt should negotiate with Boko Haram. Some people (I,inclusive) think that there is nothing to discuss with them but if he is convinced that his tweet is reasonable, let him lead the delegation. For once, let a politician back words with actions, Obj has tried it. Meanwhile, he ought to address the people bombing, but if he doesn't think he should, then all his criticism against the GEJ's Govt can best be seen as capitalising on genuine aspirations of Nigerians to pursue hidden agenda(ie if we reason along the line of him being innocent until declared guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction in all the cases he is answering concerning his stewardship in positions he occupied).

@scream,
i am from imo state though i do not know who or what you are but for those of us who come to this politics section of nairaland, WE MUST KNOW THE FUNDAMENTALS OF POLITICS.
in a democratic setting(as we claim here) critics or criticism is legal. name one country of this world where democratic is that is free of criticism.
why is it that anyone that does not support GEJ and his ideas automatically becomes a criminal why all those who are stealing our public funds but support GEJ remain innocent?
this same el rufai had cases to answer but choose to ran out of the country until the wisest man on earth(GEJ) forcefully cancelled all charges and gave him a presidential pardon same with ribadu.
on the other hand, militants in niger delta were killing and destroying public properties until negotiations made them billionaires and send them abroad on FG's budget so what is wrong in doing same to boko haram, kidnappers and future rebels?
idiots must learn to finish whatever they start. tell me in a simple term what a loyal/obidient nigerian has gained from nigeria and compare it with the militants. at the end of the day, if been a militant or rebel pays, why been a loyal citizen?
when the militants were acting, someone suggested negotiation for FG so what is wrong with el rufai suggesting here? would u rather let the boko haram kill all of us since GEJ has made it clear that he is not a lion or a golliat?
what is ur idea of the number of nigerians that we have lost to bombs and bombings since GEJ came on board and how many more do u want to die before GEJ acts.
i listened to GEJ swore to protect our lives and properties on may 29 but that he is not doing.
why leaving our chief security officer to blame el rufai while families loose their loved ones daily.
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2011
Situation gets worse everyday
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by toluxa1(m): 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2011
Scream:

Lmao. El-rufai tweeted on twitter. Where else would he have twitted? On skype?? grin
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by okosodo: 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2011
How will u compare militants with the useless boko haram
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Reallikeity: 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2011
who can giv me d reason y dis country shouldn't disintegrate,if anyone can't lets via 4 change like other africa countries, williams 4rm south west
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by lafuria1(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2011
the act of negociatin wt dem is 2 draw them out. We knw so much of boko haram but yet dont knw who they are. Who is their leader, wat they want. So many theory abt who sponsers them. Hw do u go abt fightin pple u dont knw. Back in 2009, their oga was knw but nw who is he?
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by sholay2011(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
Na wa 4 nigerians oh, if any bomb blast occurs in any nook nd cranny of d country, it' s boko haram,
i wonda if it wont get 2 d stage in wc mass failure of stdnts in waec is causd by boko haram, d inability of a family to take 3 square meals per day is also bh, nd d cause of unemployment of youths nd juvenile delinquency is bh! i shake my head, ppl doing evil under d bh canopy, and i hope corruptn was causd by boko haram too,
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
armajiri kill armajiri
im not bothered cool cool
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2011
sholay2011:

Na wa 4 nigerians oh, if any bomb blast occurs in any nook nd cranny of d country, it' s boko haram,
i wonda if it wont get 2 d stage in wc mass failure of stdnts in waec is causd by boko haram, d inability of a family to take 3 square meals per day is also bh, nd d cause of unemployment of youths nd juvenile delinquency is bh! i shake my head, ppl doing evil under d bh canopy, and i hope corruptn was causd by boko haram too,

Such a s.tupid rant. SMH.
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by runsgirl: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2011
Don't panic. FG is on top of the situation as usual
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by trimwis: 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
boko haram will soon be a thing of the past
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by ifyalways(f): 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2011
The boys are not smiling and getting bolder.

From Maiduguri,bornu,kd(kafanchan),bauchi. . .Jos,Akwanga etc.

When would Johnny boy do something?
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by 1025: 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
will jonathan behave the way he is behaving now if his wife, children or parents becomes a victim of these random bomb blasts?
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by eghost247(m): 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2011
this is getting serious,my beloved country is slowly turning to the like of Iraq,Afghanistan, God save us
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by ak47mann(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
Afghanistan in making  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

this boko boys no send,i hope before he blow him-self up he must salute Nigerian flag and sing nigerian anthem i pledge to nigeria my country to be faithful royal and honest i love nigeria with all my strength and defend our unity so help me GAAD tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Almustee(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2011
Lets no decieve our self, our leaders know d problem of bh. They knw there sponsors, and wat they want. Don't u heard wat bayelsa govono told Gej's brother that if they remove him 4rm power he will hire boko haram to come and perish there family.
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Odunnu: 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2011
No! Not Again!
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by Beaf1: 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2011
toluxa1:

Lmao. El-rufai tweeted on twitter. Where else would he have twitted? On skype?? grin

cheesy grin
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by renewnaija(m): 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
For these attacks to persist, there is surely more that meets the eye. The article didnt say BM claimed responsibility. But they are the usual suspects.

The Federal Govt definitely knows who is responsible for these blasts else statements such as 'We are always on top of the situation' and 'BM will be a thing of the past' will not be uttered by the SS and the President. They know them yet do not stop them. Why?

Someone suggested dialogue. Has it now come to the country being held to ransom by a few? Why dont the Igbos do the same so that Biafra will be free or Niger Delta copy the same methods? If you are aggrieved, do you blow up your kinsmen to make a statement?

The Govt has failed us. A situation where we come from a country where an NYSC member has to be posted to a selective location for the sake of his/her life is not accepted.

Or is it the Americans? Are they thinking strategically in terms of securing our resources for themselves ahead of China & upcoming super powers? Do they have interests in our land & are trying to justify their presence in tackling the issue for us?

I think it is beyond GEJ (not that he was competent to tackle it anyway), but I just dont understand
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2011
Let the give Boko Haram amnesty and salary too plus schorlarship abroad just the way they did to MEND the other terror group

But since Retardeen is too clueless to figure that out, he is waiting for Boko Haram to get tired of bombing
Re: Bomb Blast Injures Four In Bauchi! by nagoma(m): 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2011
When will Nigerians and Nigerian government realizes that Boko haram terrorist are not Muslims ? They are anarchists that are anti - state and anti - people. We Nigerians don't care about statistics or anything but out of the thousands killed by Boko haram, in my estimation 95% were Muslims . No Muslim organization will kill Muslims like this , not even America in it's war on terror had directly killed Muslims in such numbers. the sooner Nigerians realize that the better.
Muslims at the moment do not know what to do between burying their loved ones in hundreds , expecting more attacks from BH and listening to insensitive ignorant and hateful insults such as seen on  Nairaland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far / Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. / Insecurity: APC’s Best Not Yet Good Enough, Fayemi Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.