Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far (5738 Views)

Fayose’s Kangaroo Panel Recommendations, A Joke Taken Too Far / Buhari Has Turned Nigeria Into Banana Republic By Speaking Hausa- Ohanaeze / "Reported Release Of Kabiru Sokoto: Hatred For President Buhari Taken Too Far" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
Though I am in agreement with virtually everyone from the Niger Delta that the marginalization meted to our people by the Nigeria state through the 1999 Constitution and other laws like the Land use Act(1978), Nigeria Waterways Act(1997), Petroleum Act(1969), Section 44 of the 1999 constitution(as amended), and other laws that have been denying the ethnic nationalities of controlling their destiny, I have consistently maintained(a position I expressed to a group on palmchat) that it amounts to irresponsibility for a group to engage in violence and suspicious scheme masking under the cloak of Niger Delta struggle.

As a keen observer of the economic terroristic activities by a faceless group in the Niger Delta region that called themselves Niger Delta Avengers, I found it laughable and a mockery of our collective sensibilities when they threatened seceding Niger Delta region from Nigeria.

This group not only engaged in destruction of pipelines and other oil facilities, but has dealt huge blow on both the on the environment, and financial earning of country. In fact, Delta state Governor Ifeanyi Okowa in June while speaking on the activities of the NDA lamented that “We are suffering from pollution, our communities are affected, we are the greatest losers; our communities are impacted negatively.” This same group suddenly woke up to demand for secession?

MILITANT GROUPS AND THEIR NON-STOP ULTIMATUMS
Since the rebirth of militancy in April 2016, we have seen different groups issuing different threats and giving different ultimatum all in their bid to outdo each other in attention seeking.

Recall that on Monday, June 6, a group that called themselves the Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force (JNDLF) had boasted that they will launch missile attack on Aso Rock, the seat of power, and other government institutions including Police headquarters, Defence headquarters, NNPC towers, Central Bank of Nigeria headquarters, national assembly, and military formations across the country within 48 hours. Their ultimatum came and gone but not even an ant was hurt by this group.

Similarly, another group that called themselves Adaka Boro Avengers(ABA) came with their own threat for secession and issued an ultimatum that they will secede Niger Delta region from Nigeria on August 1st. However, just like the JNDLF, the said date came and has gone, but their threats and ultimatum never materialized.

Instead of avoid being a laughing stock like their colleagues, the Niger Delta (sc)Avengers have decided to tow further their inglorious path by pronouncing their own date for Niger Delta secession and given a definite date of October 1, 2016.

THE CARICATURE OF NIGER-DELTA AGITATION
These so-called militants forget or choose not to remember that Major Isaac Adaka Boro, the icon of Ijaw and Niger Delta struggle did not pursue his interest but the interest of Ijaw nation which he represented. They choose not to remember that Ogoni legend, Ken Saro Wiwa did pursue the interest of Ogoni nation(and Niger Delta region) and not his personal interest.

It is however unfortunate that some group of people always find it pleasing to add “Niger Delta” to their nomenclature just to give legitimacy to their unpatriotic conduct. To them, Niger Delta struggle is about blowing oil facilities, and collecting amnesty to further their personal purse and those of their sponsors. These people have succeeded in making caricature of the legitimate struggle of the Niger Delta people.

Sadly, with attention seeking groups like Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force (JNDLF), Adaka Boro Avengers(ADA), and Niger Delta Avengers, the joke has only been further extended while the mockery of our struggle remains across the traditional and social media space.

However, I am comforted with the fact that there are thousands of patriotic Niger Deltans that will continue to seize every available legitimate means to press for an end to the marginalisation of our people.

Long Live Niger Delta Region.
May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Firefire(m): 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
They are jokers... grin

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
Firefire:
They are jokers... grin
My oga, I loyal o
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by project8(m): 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
nice writeup.though i dnt not suscrib to ur use of the word ' marginalization"
by maginalization u mean no govt presence in d niger delta i guess interms of infrastructure.pls in a laymans analysis how do u explain this

13% derivation to all d ss states.

they ave monthly allocation from d federation account.

all d major oil firms pay d local authorities and d communities.

During obj a total of 200bn was givin to NDDC fr infrastructures bt only God knows wat hapened.

when yaradua came he created d ministry for niger delta which we all kno has a yrly budget.

some of the top militants leaders like asari dokubo,tompolo,ateke tom bcame over night billionaires .
Their governors e.g dickson stil owe salaries despite d huge allocations.
what are their leaders doin with d huge federal allocations received from d federal govt? despite d fact we know they ave d highest allocation even wit fewer local govts and small states.

now my question is :can anyone show me a single block of classroom built by asari for d benefits of d niger delta on whose name he made his money?
infact asari built a world class university in benin republic.y didnt he build it here fr his pple? he even denouce his citizenship of bein a nigerian.

wat abt tompolo who has abt 40bn worth of contract.did he in any way help his pple?
the truth remains ur leaders diverts almost all d allocation and so no tangible project is done.

jus early this month we read that d ministry of niger delta jus complete a single project in 6yrs.

y cant people frm ss hold their leaders accountable?
gej was president for 6yrs ,can u show us any tangible project he has done for ss? and d most pathetic part this people stil sees him as their hero.
now to d NDA:
they are jus a bunch of lunatic who leaves in a fools paradise thinking they are helping d ss.causing environmental pollution which by implication both d waters they drink and their farmlands are polluted.
to be honest d ordinary niger deltan is d victim here cos those claiming to fight on their behalf collect money frm shell etal,govt at d expense of d poor.and i bet u d NDA is no different.
NDA are jus overated cos in a conventional war they cant stand NA though i dnt support war bt d poor niger deltan wil be at d receiving end cos when d war starts, d criminals and cowards wil run n leave them wit NA wrath.
war should b d resort.i share their pains bt a more honest and civilized approach shud be employed.
i rest my case

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by KINGwax007(m): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
Tonye, na ur people... U shld rejoice with them...

I no give a fucck how many groups dey your region.

As it goes, there is no one that won't belong to one group or the other..

Even your ancestors will form the ASND...Ancestral spirit of Niger Delta!

Anyways, make I quickly comment before I lose the opportunity of the first page..

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by dullardeen(m): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
NDA the wreckers!
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by engineerboat(m): 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Word from the son of the soil

Only if the agitators and their sponsors reasoned enough
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by JohnsonOlanre: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
No be this OP dey bin dey find people wey him go deceive with lower niger congress that year? What was the LNC supposed to achieve? Jollificating with murderous abookis and yoruba muslims in the spirit of one nigeria? Confusion break bone!

Laugh no gree me. grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
KINGwax007:
Tonye, na ur people... U shld rejoice with them...

I no give a fucck how many groups dey your region.

As it goes, there is no one that won't belong to one group or the other..

Even your ancestors will form the ASND...Ancestral spirit of Niger Delta!

Anyways, make I quickly comment before I lose the opportunity of the first page..
Funny guy, no be your people self? But seriously na why you go link our ancestors with spirit militancy?

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Firefire(m): 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My oga, I loyal o

How are you sir? being a while... tongue
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by temitemi1(m): 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
Barcanista, are you sure this guys are joking Fear NDA ooo grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
that is what happens when goverment celebrates and pardons terrorists instead of pounding them hard with missiles. Now there are several dokubo and tompolo wanna-be thugs scattered all over the niger delta. They have realised that crime pays in a country like Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Bekwarra(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
We all know it's one hell of a huge joke except perhaps their perennial cheerleaders the UGUandans.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
JohnsonOlanre:
No be this OP dey bin dey find people wey him deceive with lower niger congress that year? What was the LNC supposed to achieve? Jollificating with murderous abookis and yoruba muslims in the spirit of one nigeria? Confusion break bone!

Laugh no gree me. grin grin
A Lower Niger Congress driven by intellectuals with purpose calling for a restructured country or an independent State via referrendum CANNOT be compared with some gangs that engaged in economic terrorism and carnage.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by engineerboat(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
temitemi1:

Na every month dem they shift goal post

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
temitemi1:
Lol you never know these my brothers wey call themselves militants. How dem wan take achieve NDR using terrorism? Where and were will be the territory? Who are they leading? It is more like BH and ISIS declaring caliphates

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by DRISKLEF(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
Firefire:

How are you sir? being a while... tongue
Yeah, sent you msg on WA
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by mrvitalis(m): 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
The truth is this... All this people are just political thugs being used by politicians... From ipod to NDA

We are in democracy and everything we do should be democratic in nature...

If u want something from the center, channel it to ur leaders who the only representative the world and government recognises to present for u..

For me I feel we need to from regional political parties in the south to press home our demands . .. That's the only way. .. so that when the party makes demand it would be seen by all as the wish of the people

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
[s]Though I am in agreement with virtually everyone from the Niger Delta that the marginalization meted to our people by the Nigeria state through the 1999 Constitution and other laws like the Land use Act(1978), Nigeria Waterways Act(1997), Petroleum Act(1969), Section 44 of the 1999 constitution(as amended), and other laws that have been denying the ethnic nationalities of controlling their destiny, I have consistently maintained(a position I expressed to a group on palmchat) that it amounts to irresponsibility for a group to engage in violence and suspicious scheme masking under the cloak of Niger Delta struggle.

As a keen observer of the economic terroristic activities by a faceless group in the Niger Delta region that called themselves Niger Delta Avengers, I found it laughable and a mockery of our collective sensibilities when they threatened seceding Niger Delta region from Nigeria.

This group not only engaged in destruction of pipelines and other oil facilities, but has dealt huge blow on both the on the environment, and financial earning of country. In fact, Delta state Governor Ifeanyi Okowa in June while speaking on the activities of the NDA lamented that “We are suffering from pollution, our communities are affected, we are the greatest losers; our communities are impacted negatively.” This same group suddenly woke up to demand for secession?

MILITANT GROUPS AND THEIR NON-STOP ULTIMATUMS
Since the rebirth of militancy in April 2016, we have seen different groups issuing different threats and giving different ultimatum all in their bid to outdo each other in attention seeking.

Recall that on Monday, June 6, a group that called themselves the Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force (JNDLF) had boasted that they will launch missile attack on Aso Rock, the seat of power, and other government institutions including Police headquarters, Defence headquarters, NNPC towers, Central Bank of Nigeria headquarters, national assembly, and military formations across the country within 48 hours. Their ultimatum came and gone but not even an ant was hurt by this group.

Similarly, another group that called themselves Adaka Boro Avengers(ABA) came with their own threat for secession and issued an ultimatum that they will secede Niger Delta region from Nigeria on August 1st. However, just like the JNDLF, the said date came and has gone, but their threats and ultimatum never materialized.

Instead of avoid being a laughing stock like their colleagues, the Niger Delta (sc)Avengers have decided to tow further their inglorious path by pronouncing their own date for Niger Delta secession and given a definite date of October 1, 2016.

THE CARICATURE OF NIGER-DELTA AGITATION
These so-called militants forget or choose not to remember that Major Isaac Adaka Boro, the icon of Ijaw and Niger Delta struggle did not pursue his interest but the interest of Ijaw nation which he represented. They choose not to remember that Ogoni legend, Ken Saro Wiwa did pursue the interest of Ogoni nation(and Niger Delta region) and not his personal interest.

It is however unfortunate that some group of people always find it pleasing to add “Niger Delta” to their nomenclature just to give legitimacy to their unpatriotic conduct. To them, Niger Delta struggle is about blowing oil facilities, and collecting amnesty to further their personal purse and those of their sponsors. These people have succeeded in making caricature of the legitimate struggle of the Niger Delta people.

Sadly, with attention seeking groups like Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force (JNDLF), Adaka Boro Avengers(ADA), and Niger Delta Avengers, the joke has only been further extended while the mockery of our struggle remains across the traditional and social media space.

However, I am comforted with the fact that there are thousands of patriotic Niger Deltans that will continue to seize every available legitimate means to press for an end to the marginalisation of our people.

Long Live Niger Delta Region.
May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
[/s]

This yorubar imposter...SMH

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
[s]A Lower Niger Congress driven by intellectuals with purpose calling for a restructured country or an independent State via referrendum CANNOT be compared with some gangs that engaged in economic terrorism and carnage[/s].

Go and charter your Oduo course...leave us SS/SE alone.

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
Olu20090:

This yorubar imposter...SMH
Are you for real? undecided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
Olu20090:

Go and charter your Oduo course...leave us SS/SE alone.
Very funny grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
[s]TonyeBarcanista:
Are you for real?[/s] undecided

Don't you ever reply me again or I'll slap that afonja divisive spirit in you. You have no shame!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by GTkester: 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
As usual... Always writing trash!

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
^^^^^
Some people sha angry

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Omololu007(m): 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My oga, I loyal o
j
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by wowmenow: 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Is anything wrong for a group of people to ask for freedom

I don't understand the op

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by vedaxcool(m): 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
Militants no gree get sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by temitemi1(m): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lol
engineerboat:

Na every month dem they shift goal post
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by wowmenow: 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
Buhari use this same method by using book haram to get in to power

In Nigerian the easiest to become rich is to become violent or sychophant.

You become violent with some boys the government notice you and give you contract

The second job write in favor of government like tonyebarcanista ia doing now with thia post you wil be noticed and get propanganda jobs felm abuja

Do you think omenka and tonye have any job they do online than doing propaganda online

mrvitalis:
The truth is this... All this people are just political thugs being used by politicians... From ipod to NDA

We are in democracy and everything we do should be democratic in nature...

If u want something from the center, channel it to ur leaders who the only representative the world and government recognises to present for u..

For me I feel we need to from regional political parties in the south to press home our demands . .. That's the only way. .. so that when the party makes demand it would be seen by all as the wish of the people

11 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by aressssa: 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
Though I am in agreement with virtually everyone from the Niger Delta that the marginalization meted to our people by the Nigeria state

1. The Nigerian state did not marginalize you, Ibori marginalized you by looting you dry and he's in jail for his crimes against you.

2. The Nigerian state did not marginalize you, Alams marginalized you by looting you dry

3. The Nigerian state did not marginalize you, Emmanuel Uduaghan marginalized by looting you dry and leaving you with nothing to show for 8 years of governance..

4. he Nigerian state did not marginalize you, Odili marginalized you by looting you dry..

5. The Nigerian state did not marginalize you, Jona as the governor of Bayelsa not building ordinary classroom or doing anything for you as the president of Nigeria marginalized you.

You get IGRs

You get allocations that's higher than many states

You get billions in amnesty money flowing to that region

Obviously, you get more than the rest of Nigeria and it's all because of your oil.

Today, Delta is the largest debtor state in Nigeria, that state owe N700 billion, that's N300 billion more than Lagos state, bu can you show us 1 single thing or meaningful in that state to justify that huge debt?

Please, we are all Nigerians and we all know what's going on so stop trying to fool us with that marginalization story, that story is worthless and it played out a long time ago...

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update On Enugu Fire: Ugwuanyi Aids Victims With Cash Donations / Nigerian Soldiers After Engaging ESN Came To Town And Started Shooting Women / NSCDC Arrests Four Suspects With 90,000 Litres Of Adulterated Fuel In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.