Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders (7830 Views)

Lagos Stadium: Business Owners Lament Seven-day Eviction Notice / Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React / How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by AmakaTips2: 12:10pm On Mar 05
Oyo State Government, on Tuesday, gave seven days ultimatum to occupants and owners of illegally erected kiosks, containers, shanties and business operations to vacate the road sides or face the full wrath of the law.

The state Commissioner for Environment and Natural Resources, Abdulmojeed Mogbojuola, gave this ultimatum during his visit to Ojoo community in the Akinyele Local Government Area of the state.

Mogbojubola, who said their activities have been constituting nuisance to public health, added that “the act has been causing unwarranted obstruction of free flow of traffic, passers by and vehicles” contrary to the Environmental Sanitation Regulation, 2013.

Illegal operations should be halted, especially, on the road sides and drainages occupied by the individuals. And you must vacant this place in seven days.”.

He, therefore, advised that business activities should be relocated to more suitable places meant for them in the neighborhood markets.

This, he said, would curb road accidents and loss of lives and property.

https://punchng.com/oyo-issues-seven-day-quit-notice-to-roadside-traders/

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by AmakaTips2: 12:11pm On Mar 05
The government should provide another source for people to sell their market before making such move

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by TopBanter: 12:17pm On Mar 05
AmakaTips2:
The government should provide another source for people yo sell their market before making such move

Are they legally registered businesses or sellers, to begin with, for government to even be concerned about their plight?

The government would be supporting illegality doing anything for those who set up shop where trading is not allowed and cannot be legally registered sellers because those with properly registered businesses follow the law.

Poverty does not mean illegality and turning a blind eye to wrongdoing should becomes our reality in Nigeria. Otherwise government should even begin providing free rooms for ashawos to do their ‘business’.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Nvestor02: 12:27pm On Mar 05
Hhh
Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Namaster: 1:00pm On Mar 05
Nice one.

Some of these "CEOs" will park their business wheelbarrow/table at a bend in the street. Thinking that somehow means more traffic for them and their business.

By the way, government should stop giving ultimatums in cases like this. Kick them out IMMEDIATELY. Sure, they'll weep and bitch and cry that it's not fair.

But they'll still weep and bitch and cry that it's not fair when it's done in 7 days. Save yourselves the trouble and get it over with.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by omoredia: 1:02pm On Mar 05
It's about time

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by omoredia: 1:02pm On Mar 05
AmakaTips2:
The government should provide another source for people to sell their market before making such move

Are u asking government to do everything? The government has done nothing before sef

6 Likes

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by bigdammyj: 1:02pm On Mar 05
Noted.
Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by verybadmouth(m): 1:03pm On Mar 05
Makinde is doing a great job in Oyo. This is commendable. Anyone that wants to sell should get a shop and stop littering the road sides

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Joy2dworldxyz: 1:03pm On Mar 05
Seems this bad economy no reach Oyo government .

Now u want them to quit road side trading and go home abi?

See, this is not the best time for all these

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Alexlalax1(m): 1:03pm On Mar 05
Telling the people to vacate is a very good call but my problem with those in authority is, why can't they fix the economy so that we'll see less of these illegal kiosks, shanties and street hawking. Since those in authority can't fix them, they try to fix themselves with these petty trading to keep body and soul together. If you vacate them, make provisions for them before thunder go fire una!!!! Truly, it's very hard to be a Nigerian

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Oghene86: 1:05pm On Mar 05
AmakaTips2:

Fubara do same in Rivers State, traders have taken over the road at Eleme junction

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by NaijaCover(m): 1:06pm On Mar 05
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by MosayA: 1:06pm On Mar 05
Good move. Bad time
Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Skillsnigeria: 1:07pm On Mar 05
Hmmm
Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Easybet1(m): 1:09pm On Mar 05
To go to where.... Useless people
Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Oxtertee(m): 1:10pm On Mar 05
They should help decongest that ojoo road starting from bite more restaurant down to Alakara police station round about, ladegbuwa to old Lagos park, from ojoo road about down to Sabo round about, both left and right.

Traders have slim fit the road and cause unnecessary traffic hold up along that axis during the day.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by yewit37486: 1:11pm On Mar 05
Namaster:
Nice one.

Some of these "CEOs" will park their business wheelbarrow/table at a bend in the street. Thinking that somehow means more traffic for them and their business.

By the way, government should stop giving ultimatums in cases like this. Kick them out IMMEDIATELY. Sure, they'll weep and bitch and cry that it's not fair.

But they'll still weep and bitch and cry that it's not fair when it's done in 7 days. Save yourselves the trouble and get it over with.

Bros, I salute you, merciless chief. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Calitoscassius(m): 1:13pm On Mar 05
TopBanter:

Are they legally registered businesses or sellers, to begin with, for government to even be concerned about their plight?

The government would be supporting illegality doing anything for those who set up shop where trading is not allowed and cannot be legally registered sellers because those with properly registered businesses follow the law.

Poverty does not mean illegality and turning a blind eye to wrongdoing should becomes our reality in Nigeria. Otherwise government should even begin providing free rooms for ashawos to do their ‘business’.
There are street traders all over the world.

And yes, government should provide rooms for Ashawos too, and tax them, use some of the taxes to provide securities for the ashawos, tongue ashawos are humans and ashawo is also a business, afterall men/people go to ashawos and pay for services, ashawos provide important services to many men or people.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by FreeStuffsNG: 1:13pm On Mar 05
AmakaTips2:

In some parts of Ibadan, it will be difficult o but I wish the Oyo state government the best.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

27 Likes

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Dreamhighnow(m): 1:14pm On Mar 05
Good

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Johnjustice: 1:14pm On Mar 05
Why can't Southern governors forum, come together and vacate herdsmen from southern Nigeria, have they not done enough damage?

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by veekid(m): 1:21pm On Mar 05
Make them start from Mokola abeg, next is orita challenge and then make Dem vacate Micra drivers from that dugbe express opposite access bank

1 Like

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by thesicilian: 1:22pm On Mar 05
verybadmouth:
Makinde is doing a great job in Oyo. This is commendable. Anyone that wants to sell should get a shop and stop littering the road sides

No money no food no light
Yet I still have to rent a shop before selling my N300 bag of pure water
Wallahi you people deserve bad government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Oxtertee(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05
FreeStuffsNG:

In some parts of Ibadan, it will be difficult o but I wish the Oyo state government the best.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Well in this case, their is nothing difficult. This is not the first time OYSG is pushing road side traders back off the road.

There was a time those traders at the roundabout at ojoo was pushed back into the space of land formerly occupied by Asset Oil and gas that was fenced with wire mesh.
But it is surprising they have return back to displaying their wares on the main road which is supposed to be use by pedestrian 🚶. Now making free flow of traffic difficult on that axis of the road

You will also be shock seing motorcycle parked vertically across the road has they have turned the road to their loading point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by sofeo(m): 1:25pm On Mar 05
In this economy, how will they survive?.
Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by EleventhWeirdo: 1:26pm On Mar 05
Wrong timing
Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by tunjijones(m): 1:32pm On Mar 05
Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by seanwilliam(m): 1:32pm On Mar 05
Seyi omomakinde, ranti awon yi na lofibo gbeowole o. Sepele pele.,

Seyi for president 2027 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Dwightventures(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05
These are the pictures i took at an area called Gate 2 weeks ago. My dear brodas if you know how jampacked people and vehicles usually are in this area ehn! When coming from Mapo/Beere road once you reach the beginning of this Gate till you exit, it will take sometimes over 30 minutes in traffic. IN THIS ERA OF FUEL UNAFFORDABILITY!

Expected news is that THEY ARE BACK, not fully but they've crept back. I was there yesterday.

Nigerian govt, let me tell you since you wouldn't allow me help develop this nation: it is FAR CHEAPER to use money to civilize near-animals so they continue to behave properly than to spend on white elephant projects that they will bring down and hence waste the money, because that's how they understand life to be lived. If you know how many brown shirt officials the government employed to police the place you'll understand what i mean. EDUCATION -- not going to university to learn nothing. Real knowledge acquisition and discipline with a focus on primary and secondary schools. The bastard at the top now is the first to take schools away from government control that our dear Gen Obasanjo made govt policy in 1976, and encouraged private profit-driven individuals to establish "schools". The private schools in every corner are now a weekday extension of Sunday School and the other religion has also done likewise. The "teachers" themselves need to be taught how to be human beings, but instead they're in charge of young minds. Proprietor is looking at his bottom line -- money.

God knows how much i hate this nation. Every decade we go from bad to worse as a society. To me, it's already a failed state

1 Like

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by qtx(m): 1:41pm On Mar 05
AmakaTips2:

Only during the governor's second term you will hear this. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders by Originalsly: 1:42pm On Mar 05
Is it now the government know it is illegal? ... why do they allow things to get out of hand before taking action? I hope when they clear them they will enforce the laws daily and not allow them to crawl back out and clog the streets.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Info From Experinced Aliexpress Buyers. / What Business Can I Start With #400,000 In Nigeria / Where Can I Sell My Ebook To Nigerians Online?please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.