Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Does God Favor Some People Over Others? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? (17553 Views)

Prominent Nigerian Pastor Slammed With God's Favor-Pastor Taiwo Abiara (prayers) / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by syrup(f): 9:16pm On May 09, 2006
jagunlabi:

BTW,administrative deities are known as ORISHAS in yoruba language. wink

Oh, I didn't see that at first. Still, I respect your views. Amicably. smiley
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by kimba(m): 9:09am On May 10, 2006
@Afeni
The Christians and Muslims use their population to push for policies that affect the State in the negative way. For instance, the Sharia law that is in the North has cost Nigeria millions of jobs. No one in their right mind would invest in a country of Islamofascist that go around implementing babaric laws. Also, the 5 years jail time for those who pratice homosexuality is total uncalled for. Just because your son of LovePeddler, and tyranical jihadist oppose the practice doesnt mean you have to force the madness onto the entire state.

The gods of the Arabs and the Europeans likes the Arabs and the Europeans. You stupid Nigerians that call yourselves Christians would make your ancestors roll in their graves. You are the worst of men.

You insult Christianity and Christians,
You insult Islam and Muslims,
I worship no one. I am not a stupid servant like the Christians or Muslims.
You insult Nigeria and Nigerians,
thank you!!!

I understand where you are coming from. At birth, your brain cells did not fuse properly. You are all grown up now and the situation cannot be helped anymore. sorry. Thats why your speech betray your birth-right, only sons of whores talk like you do.
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by mamaput(f): 9:35pm On May 10, 2006
At the end of a long day , will our ancestors not turn in their graves?
Did we not have a religion be4 the comming of the white man?

Did our great great grandfathers not try to fight them.?
Did they not force their religion on us.
You know what they say about the bible and the flag.
The Arabs are they not doing the same to this day.
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by tlops(m): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2012
"Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. "Simple.

http://www./video/x43q2g_bishop-t-d-jakes-favor-ain-t-fair_news
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by Joagbaje(m): 10:00am On Feb 07, 2012
God may Favour some people over others. But we have the greater part to win such Favour .
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by 2good(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2012
Joagbaje:

God may Favour some people over others. But we have the greater part to win such Favour .

Are you god's brother to have known this? You speak with authority like you have proof for your allegations.
The god that man have created doesnt exist and the bible, quran and every other religious books contains folklore written by ancient uncivilized men. Modern men should learn how to use their brain to think and do away with religion.
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by Joagbaje(m): 10:42am On Feb 07, 2012
1 Samuel 2:30
. . . for them that honour me I will honour. .
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by 2good(m): 11:32am On Feb 07, 2012
Joagbaje:

1 Samuel 2:30
. . . for them that honour me I will honour. .

Quoting from thesame ancient folklore book. Its all myth based on superstition
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by mnwankwo(m): 11:33am On Feb 07, 2012
God does not favor some people over others. The laws of God ensures that each person reaps what he has sown either through their action or inaction. The action or inaction is not restricted to physical action but also includes out thoughts, words, imagination, motives and intuition. It is the combinations of all these activities that form the tapestry of our faith. Every second, new threads are added to our fate. Our present earth-life is a small but significant phase of our existence. Each human spirit has been on earth several times in different physical bodies (reincarnation) as well as the many intervening times in the beyond (non-physical planes), that is, between each earthly incarnation. Thus what we experience presently on earth are just snap shots of our previous existence as well as our present earthly existence. A new born baby is not a new spirit but a very old soul in a young body. It is just that prior to incarnation into the physical body developing in the womb of a woman, his inner eyes, that is the eyes and senses of the soul are blindfolded so that he cannot consciously survey his or her previous existence. But these previous existence slumbers within the soul and when it will be of spiritual benefit to the soul, the spiritual bandage is removed permitting such a soul to consciously survey his entire existence right to the present incarnation as well as future incarnation. Such a seeing one can just by looking at the picture of a person survey the journey of the soul across several reincarnations and habitations in the none material spheres. But for their own good, this bandage is closed for many human being and experiences from past life filters unconsciously from the spirit to the brain and manifest as personality traits, hunches, premonitions, some cases of child prodigy,  etc.

Thus because many cannot consciously survey when they sowed the seeds, when the fruits arrive they conclude that it is undeserved. If the fruits are good, the call it favour, blessing, grace or providence. If they are bad fruits, they say it is misfortune and the work of the devil or that God does not want to bless them. But the reality is that God returns to each of us the fruits of our seeds. It is us that determines through the nature of the seeds whether the fruits will bringing blessing or misfortune. Each spirit has identical talents at the moment of their creation. How these talents develop into abilities are entirely dependent on each spirit. Thus the varied maturity of different souls is entirely dependent on how each soul have used the power of God via there free will.

The laws of God take into account the entire existence of the spirit and not just the present existence in this present physical body. Thus what people consider providence, favor, misfortune or bad things only appear to be so. The reality is that these are the fruits which the spirit once sowed but the brain is not couscous of the experience of the spirit. When the faculty of the spirit is opened, such a soul will be able to see where, when, how he sowed the seeds that have just ripened for him or her. Then an understanding that God is just will sink in. Genuine spirituality is very practical and is not shrouded in mysteries . By our free will we can raise ourselves to the luminous kingdom of God or we can descend into darkness. It is our choice. God does not choose for anyone one, rather the laws of God ensures that we are irrevocably bound to the consequences of our choice. If we begin today to live our life according to the laws of God, then we are adding new beautiful threads to our tapestry of fate such that the bad threads from our previous activities will be mitigated and in some cases "annulled" by a harmless symbolic action. Thus what may have cut off our head will just remove our cap. Each genuine soul should not waste his or her time lamenting on what befalls him. Absorb the experience, absorb the lessons that the experience bring and move forward with calm confidence. The invigorating power of God is always there to a help any soul who genuinely desires to follow the laws of God. Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by Image123(m): 11:40am On Feb 07, 2012
YES, God favours some people more than some others but there's usually a reason why. It may be some promise, covenant, or plan. Or it may be some thing that person did or his/her parent or family. History and experience attest to this biblical fact.
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by Enigma(m): 11:49am On Feb 07, 2012
A story:

For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard. “About the third hour he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ So they went. “He went out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did the same thing. About the eleventh hour he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’
” ‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.
“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

“The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. ‘These men who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’
“But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

cool
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by dare2think: 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ofcourse,God favours his Pastors- they are his favourites to the extent that his judgment for them is different from the rest of us 'normal people'.

Remember? Touch not his anointed!!! whilst the rest of us, unanointed second-class folks, can be touched.

-Sighs-

Religion!!!
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by Image123(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2012
stop being such an humpty dumpty. Every child of God is God's anointed, not just pastors. irreligion.
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by dare2think: 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2012
Image123:

stop being such an humpty dumpty. Every child of God is God's anointed, not just pastors. irreligion.

Really!!!!!

shocked

Never knew,

Are you sure? I thought Our MoG's are far more important in God's eyes that they are beyond reproach from mere mortals like us. Their followers certainly give that impression.

Mmmm.
Re: Does God Favor Some People Over Others? by Image123(m): 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2012
dare2think:

Really!!!!!

shocked

Never knew,

Are you sure? I thought Our MoG's are far more important in God's eyes that they are beyond reproach from mere mortals like us. Their followers certainly give that impression.

Mmmm.
Now you know better. You should have 'dared to think'. All children of God are God's anointed, and anyone that touches, harms or seeks to harm them offends/displeases God, and is put under God's judgement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Fly To China As A Witch? / My Faith Verses Near Death Experiences - I'm Losing It. / I Am Tired Of Going To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.