Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu (16806 Views)

Nigeria Needs Restructuring / Ahmad Lawan: Nigeria's Security Architecture Has Failed, Needs Restructuring / Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by J3susFr3ak: 5:33pm On Mar 05
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

Tinubu told Nigerians that buhari was the only solution for Nigeria and that he will continue from where buhari stopped.

how then are you now blaming buhari and thinking that Tinubu is better than buhari?

Those are mere political statements Mr. Lexi. Even you should know that. If you're a lawyer and the stern biased Judge glares at you and say "Look at me funny again and I will throw you and your client out of my court to jail! "
That unequal balance of power in those situations forces you to take temporary positions in lieu of a broader objective.

That being said...

The major ethnic groups exist in a tight high voltage tension especially regarding who ultimately controls the massive oil revenues got both on and especially off shore. Today, politics and its shenanigans are one means by which these large ethnic groups fight to negotiate who gets that spoil. Talks about Regionalsm and fiscal Federalism is seen as testy and sensitive by those most bound to lose.

I suppose the fact that the type of self enriching and corrupt capitalism that evolved in the country since the 60s had not produced export oriented corporations utilizing local resources from the various regions that can be seen as dollar earning alternatives to the oil cos but rather created opportunistic people and entities out to ravish the little morsels falling down from the political largesse table... says a lot about how dire the situation is right now.

OK. From a MIddle Belter's view....foundational steps in Restructuring starts from resolving core security issues. Each State and Region must control its own internal security. We do not want the Federal Military used as a tool by a small population segment to circumvent the internal security structures of a state or region and its values in order to commit gross crimes and economic sabotage.

The Federal Military has no right to enter a Region or State except expressly invited in by the State Governor. What we have now are Federal soldiers being used as ethnic cleansing tools.

States grouped into regions has to make economic sense. Nigerians need to be educated on how they can honestly tap into the dominant resources in their areas and assisted in not just its production but also exportation as well. Banks and Government resources need to actively assist those type of producers and not just greedily fixate on short term gains from currency and commodity price speculations. One of my grand fathers in the 1950's and 60s was mining and exporting tin to the international markets because the colonial government actively encouraged that right until the Nigerian Government took over everything and ran everything to the ground. I am certain not many Nigerians oday know how to create a legal production oriented company for the exports market,

Using the 6 geo political zones as a basis for future regions is a bit lacking especially when the North Central Zone alone is larger than all the southern zones combined. There is no historical connection between a Kwara or Niger with Plateau for instance. That zone needs to be divided into two economically cohesive regions given its diversity.

Physical political boundaries even within the country needs to be strictly defined. People should know what is acceptable in one jurisdiction and illegal in another. This way you do not have an abused centralized system like we do now where any Tom Dick and Harry can use Federal connections to Abuja to abuse the sensibilities of local systems.

In a Restructured Economic landscape, each place can now define what their internal markets should look like. They can choose to revoke or forbid a Dangote from supplying certain items and choose to give licenses to their own preferred companies or protect their own production base.

Each region should have its own dominant Central Bank where the effort of their own economic output as reflected in their own dollar reserves reveals how serious or unserious they have chosen to become.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by lexy2014: 5:35pm On Mar 05
J3susFr3ak:

Those are mere political statements Mr. Lexi. Even you should know that. If you're a lawyer and the stern biased Judge glares at you and say "Look at me funny again and I will throw you and your client out of my court to jail! "
That unequal balance of power in those situations forces you to take temporary positions in lieu of a broader objective.

That being said...

The major ethnic groups exist in a tight high voltage tension especially regarding who ultimately controls the massive oil revenues got both on and especially off shore. Today, politics and its shenanigans are one means by which these large ethnic groups fight to negotiate who gets that spoil. Talks about Regionalsm and fiscal Federalism is seen as testy and sensitive by those most bound to lose.

I suppose the fact that the type of self enriching and corrupt capitalism that evolved in the country since the 60s had not produced export oriented corporations utilizing local resources from the various regions that can be seen as dollar earning alternatives to the oil cos but rather created opportunistic people and entities out to ravish the little morsels falling down from the political largesse table... says a lot about how dire the situation is right now.

OK. From a MIddle Belter's view....foundational steps in Restructuring starts from resolving core security issues. Each State and Region must control its own internal security. We do not want the Federal Military used by a tool by a small population segment to circumvent the internal security structures of a state or region and its values in order to commit gross crimes and economic sabotage.

The Federal Military has no right to enter a Region or State except expressly invited in by the State Governor. What we have now are Federal soldiers being used as ethnic cleansing tools.

States grouped into regions has to make economic sense. Nigerians need to be educated on how they can honestly tap into the dominant resources in their areas and assisted in not just its production but also exportation as well. Banks and Government resources need to actively assist those type of producers and not just greedily fixate on short term gains from currency and commodity price speculations. One of my grand fathers in the 1950's and 60s was mining and exporting tin to the international markets because the colonial government actively encouraged that right until the Nigerian Government took over everything and ran everything to the ground. I am certain not many Nigerians oday know how to create a legal production oriented company for the exports market,

Using the 6 geo political zones as a basis for future regions is a bit lacking especially when the North Central Zone alone is larger than all the southern zones combined. There is no historical connection between a Kwara or Niger with Plateau for instance. That zone needs to be divided into two economically cohesive regions given its diversity.

Physical political boundaries even within the country needs to be strictly defined. People should know what is acceptable in one jurisdiction and illegal in another. This way you do not have an abused centralized system like we do now where any Tom Dick and Harry can use Federal connections to Abuja to abuse the sensibilities of local systems.

In a Restructured Economic landscape, each place can now define what their internal markets should look like. They can choose to revoke or forbid a Dangote from supplying certain items and choose to give licenses to their own preferred companies or protect their own production base.

Each region should have its own dominant Central Bank where the effort of their own economic output as reflected in their own dollar reserves reveals how serious or unserious they have chosen to become.

how is all of the above related to the following?

Tinubu told Nigerians that buhari was the only solution for Nigeria and that he will continue from where buhari stopped.

how then are you now blaming buhari and thinking that Tinubu is better than buhari?
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by longview007: 5:37pm On Mar 05
And President Goodluck Ebere Jonathon was Sabotage by Agbada for the same CONFAB restructuring.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:37pm On Mar 05
Regional Government. Complete Restructuring: What i expected from Buhari but he spent 8years in forgetfulness.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by J3susFr3ak: 5:40pm On Mar 05
lexy2014:

Like I said, those are political statements. Just the way you told your child that if he came first in class you will buy him a bike. Only to realize later you do not have the money to buy the child a bike.

You only made those statements to stimulate a rather self serving outcome.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Spandau: 5:56pm On Mar 05
SoNature:
I love this! A man from the South South is heading the senate, while another from the South West is heading the executive. Let's get Nigeria to work for all! You have no excuse not to restructure this country now!

However, the South-West is facing an avalanche of migration from the other zones of the country to the extent that in 25 years’ time, if the current trend continues, the South-West would be home to 50 percent of the population of Nigeria

No need to fear. Allow all states/regions control their resources, execute their capital projects, have their state police and pay taxes to the centre. Afterwards, there won't be any need for everyone to go to Lagos just to get jobs and import goods into the country.

Until you realize that the Fulani Caliphate and Islamic ruling council of the North is against regionalism or restructuring, you don't know the kind of obstacles that the Southern regions have.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by lexy2014: 6:01pm On Mar 05
J3susFr3ak:

Like I said, those are political statements. Just the way you told your child that if he came first in class you will buy him a bike. Only to realize later you do not have the money to buy the child a bike.

You only made those statements to stimulate a rather self serving outcome.

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Krankhead: 6:01pm On Mar 05
Let's divide the country and let the flat head developers go their way. They have to get strict VIDS restrictions before they set their foot on Yorubaland.....Let's them even do a referendum in their region and let's see wether 2 third .of then Will support it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by SoNature(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05
Spandau:

Until you realize that the Fulani Caliphate and Islamic ruling council of the North is against regionalism or restructuring, you don't know the kind of obstacles that the Southern regions have.

Go and sleep because Nnamdi Kanu has brainwashed all of you.

Let Tinubu try to restructure the country and let's see who will stand in his way.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by J3susFr3ak: 6:25pm On Mar 05
lexy2014:

Lexi dude....

I am sure deep down in your heart, you are totally for some type of Restructuring. Now, here, even Tinubu is saying that he is also for Restructuring. Are you not willing to put aside some of your hang-ups and differences and at least meet with him half way there?

That dude you call Buhari was a wolf in sheep's clothing. He also pretended to play nice until he had total access to Federal Powers.

What did he do? He unleashed his dogs and wolves all over the nation to kill indigenous Nigerians to make roo for some Fula enclave.

Tinubu does not have a Yoruba expansionist agenda. Buhari did and like his ilk, still does.

I am sure what most Yorubas, Igbos and Southerners want (including Christian MB folk) is a level playing ground to conduct their businesses all over the country failry, and make a decent living.

Those with expansionist agendas do not see through that lens. Firm Regional Structures and systems puts a halt to any type of blood thirsty expansionist agendas as was seen callously wielded by a Buhari and still nursed by people from Sharia lands.

Giving too much Federal Power to a place like Abuja makes it all too easy to carry out this agenda aggressively because of the evil multiplier effects a twisted unitray system enforces.

Creating Regions with some equal weights of power checks the types of nonsense puked out of a Abuja by expansionists.

Tinubu is not an expasionsist by my observations so far. But he had to also play nice with a blood thirsty tyrant like Buhari who has no qualms offing countless innocents using Federal tools.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by bjayx: 6:29pm On Mar 05
Tinubu... Focus on electricity n security n stop all this trash talk
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by lexy2014: 6:34pm On Mar 05
J3susFr3ak:

Lexi dude....

I am sure deep down in your heart, you are totally for some type of Restructuring. Now, here, even Tinubu is saying that he is also for Restructuring. Are you not willing to put aside some of your hang-ups and differences and at least meet with him half way there?

That dude you call Buhari was a wolf in sheep's clothing. He also pretended to play nice until he had total access to Federal Powers.

What did he do? He unleashed his dogs and wolves all over the nation to kill indigenous Nigerians to make roo for some Fula enclave.

Tinubu does not have a Yoruba expansionist agenda. Buhari did and like his ilk, still does.

I am sure what most Yorubas, Igbos and Southerners want (including Christian MB folk) is a level playing ground to conduct their businesses all over the country failry, and make a decent living.

Those with expansionist agendas do not see through that lens. Firm Regional Structures and systems puts a halt to any type of blood thirsty expansionist agendas as was seen callously wielded by a Buhari and still nursed by people from Sharia lands.

Giving too much Federal Power to a place like Abuja makes it all too easy to carry out this agenda aggressively because of the evil multiplier effects a twisted unitray system enforces.

Creating Regions with some equal weights of power checks the types of nonsense puked out of a Abuja by expansionists.

Tinubu is not an expasionsist by my observations so far. But he had to also play nice with a blood thirsty tyrant like Buhari who has no qualms offing countless innocents using Federal tools.

what has all this got to do with the following?

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Spandau: 6:34pm On Mar 05
SoNature:

Go and sleep because Nnamdi Kanu has brainwashed all of you.

Let Tinubu try to restructure the country and let's see who will stand in his way.

Ode ni o. Talo so fun o pe omo Ibo nimi? I am telling you the truth, you're ranting about one inconsequentialNnamdi Kanu. Everybody who is knowledgeable about Nigeria politics know that Northern elites and political class are against restructuring, resource control and all other trappings of true federalism because they believe, for some strange reason, they will be on the loosing end. They have seen the trajectory of Tinubu's policies and that is why they started calling for protests and even a couple d'etat early last month.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Spandau: 6:35pm On Mar 05
bjayx:
Tinubu... Focus on electricity n security n stop all this trash talk

You cannot have security or electricity with the way the country is except a proper restructuring is put in place.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Spandau: 6:41pm On Mar 05
JohnieWalker12:
Clueless government

Obi will not be president.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by frog12: 6:44pm On Mar 05
na akeredolu dey supervise SW security aromotekun. why he come get cancer and die

the northern governors no show sympathies at all
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Bebigiby1: 6:45pm On Mar 05
Spot on! I agree with the points you made…. As I’ve said on several threads and continue to post…. To salvage Nigeria….. Restructuring the country’s economic and political landscape to empower states/regions is inevitable…. Indeed you’ve made a compelling opinion….

J3susFr3ak:

That being said...

OK. From a MIddle Belter's view....foundational steps in Restructuring starts from resolving core security issues. Each State and Region must control its own internal security. We do not want the Federal Military used as a tool by a small population segment to circumvent the internal security structures of a state or region and its values in order to commit gross crimes and economic sabotage.

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Spandau: 6:50pm On Mar 05
longview007:
And President Goodluck Ebere Jonathon was Sabotage by Agbada for the same CONFAB restructuring.

Why are there so many unintelligent ogogoro guzzlers around?
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by J3susFr3ak: 6:51pm On Mar 05
lexy2014:

I am not a politican Lexi....I think I liken myself to be an Independent with no strict political affiliations.

So pardon me here. Even though I was also critical of the whole MM ticket when it was conceived....I sort of have to understand the fact that you have to work with what you have.

I understand that certain politicians are sometimes expected to play their parts in the public space even though their private stance and beliefs are the total opposite. Hence the reason why I can never be a policitian. I will likey tell Buhari to his face: You have murdered a lot of people and you are definitely going to hell if you do not repent.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to Tinubu's CURRENT words and actions and see if that hints to what he truly believes in.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Bebigiby1: 6:51pm On Mar 05
Again you’ve my vote…. Well said and thank you! smiley

In my opinion Tinubu is a pretender he is only paying lip service to the issue…. If truly he cared about restructuring why did he not push for restructuring over the Fulani mass killings during Buhari’s regime. Was he not the APC national leader? That was the right time to push for restructuring of the country….

J3susFr3ak:

Lexi dude....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Gboom: 7:25pm On Mar 05
lexy2014:

what foundation for true federalism needs to be laid that has not been laid?
Can you explain the foundation that has been laid?
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by JohnieWalker12(m): 8:03pm On Mar 05
Spandau:

Obi will not be president.

Your problem not mine. God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by lexy2014: 8:20pm On Mar 05
J3susFr3ak:

I am not a politican Lexi....I think I liken myself to be an Independent with no strict political affiliations.

So pardon me here. Even though I was also critical of the whole MM ticket when it was conceived....I sort of have to understand the fact that you have to work with what you have.

I understand that certain politicians are sometimes expected to play their parts in the public space even though their private stance and beliefs are the total opposite. Hence the reason why I can never be a policitian. I will likey tell Buhari to his face: You have murdered a lot of people and you are definitely going to hell if you do not repent.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to Tinubu's CURRENT words and actions and see if that hints to what he truly believes in.

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Spandau: 8:45pm On Mar 05
JohnieWalker12:

Your problem not mine. God bless Nigeria

Yeah
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by J3susFr3ak: 8:48pm On Mar 05
Bebigiby1:
Again you’ve my vote…. Well said and thank you! smiley

In my opinion Tinubu is a pretender he is only paying lip service to the issue…. If truly he cared about restructuring why did he not push for restructuring over the Fulani mass killings during Buhari’s regime. Was he not the APC national leader? That was the right time to push for restructuring of the country….

Thanks for your thoughts.

It's pretty hard for me to also ascertain the true motives of certain groups or individuals especially since I am not a politician or belong to any political party.

I can only rationalize things to an extent based on general characteristics, outcomes or some past antecedents. I suppose pushing hard for certain policies at a time when one had no real power would have been like political suicide given the long term objective.

Different people have different ways of confronting ruthless tyrants especially ones they were hoping to fund and tame. Some bide their time. Some proceed head long (not sure if you can recall the humiliation Oladipo Diya endured in Abacha's phantom coup). But from what I have read in articles Tinubu was very serious about Buhari not trifling with Yoruba concerns and issues. Perhaps this also made the same Buhari double down on his own ethnocentric agendas isolated from their own party's assumed common goals.

The Muslims have boldly said it even here on Nairaland that little by little their goal is a total demographic change that favors their Northern Muslim populations as they tactically push southward where the oil and gas is. Hence the violence in certain Central states.

Underneath each region's insecurity is the Fear of Missing Out from this whole oil windfall....since these need to be clarified from a rational economic angle. Will a Restructured and decentralized system mean no more easy FAAC? If yes... Will there be a grace period for the Regions to build up a viable economic base before cutting off the FAAC feeding bottle? Is that all possible without a resulting perpetual subregional wars, or even tragically a coup? If no....how can the current FAAC be designed to encourage economic productivity rather than just dole out so much money simply because the population know how to have a lot of sex with little human development index and agro estates to show for it?

Some things to think about as those in the political class ponder on how to tweak or totally revamp the current unperforming system. If current FAACs even reward efforts towards certain specific types of development that can be objectively measured...that will be a step in the right direction.

I suppose we'll all wait and see. But I am sure even as economic blueprints are ironed out...of greater urgency is the security situation which needs very urgent Restructuring as in from yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by J3susFr3ak: 8:54pm On Mar 05
lexy2014:

I am familiar with your endless circular Musical chairs Lexi.

So pretend that I am Tinubu. And this is me saying: Buhari is NOT the solution for Nigeria. And there is even no transport money to continue where Buhari stopped. We all have to come out of the bus and trek to our various destinations.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by lexy2014: 9:02pm On Mar 05
J3susFr3ak:

I am familiar with your endless circular Musical chairs Lexi.

So pretend that I am Tinubu. And this is me saying: Buhari is NOT the solution for Nigeria. And there is even no transport money to continue where Buhari stopped. We all have to come out of the bus and trek to our various destinations.

what has all this got to do with this comment and d follow up question?

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by lexy2014: 9:04pm On Mar 05
Gboom:

Can you explain the foundation that has been laid?

according to you
Gboom:
True federalism foundation should be laid ASAP

pls what is federalism?

what is "true federalism"?

when is federalism not true?

does Nigeria practice federalism?
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by pacespot(m): 10:02pm On Mar 05
The most important restructuring Nigeria needs right is giving states full control of own security.

Create State police, create state national guards equivalent to the military but limited to securing borders around states (they have the same in USA), make key institutions like judiciary and electoral umpire regional or state-controlled, give more resource control to states, etc.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Sammy5413(m): 10:32pm On Mar 05
Baba free all these long talks,
You capable abi you no capable?
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by abiona36622: 10:48pm On Mar 05
Proper foundationProper foundation...
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by HBB1(m): 10:57pm On Mar 05
Pristine664:

Lol not that you are worthy of my reply but:

1979 Igbo supported Shagari against Awolowo

1993 The entire country supported Abiola except Igbo that still voted Tofa, another northerner

1999 you didn't have a choice because you had to choose between two Yoruba men.

And you still blame Yorubas for your region's political failure in 2024?? E be like say neck dey pain

btw, Yorubas are not the ones always shouting "we SE and SS" 😅

The guy na fool naw🤣

I just didn't have the time or energy to reply him.
Was hoping someone did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plateau Gov. Mutfwang Introduces Subsidized Metro Buses As Palliative Measure / Ipob: Army To Begin Deradicalisation Of Members / Tony Nwulu Reaches Out To Thousands Of Imolites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.