Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:15 PM

Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir (12062 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / Yohana Mamman Dickson Is Dead (former Taraba State Governor) / #photo - Apc Vp Candidate Prof Osibanjo's Father Still Lives In A Mud House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by Baawaa(m): 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2011
It is not that the house is complete mud,but the house is not fancy as the ones our politicians were building now!!That shows the man is not corrupt,because money has spirit!!
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by Reference(m): 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2011
Very well. But just for argument sake. So some of you guys will never opt out of your cuddly cots and beloved toys to make this country a better one. I must say I'm shocked, disappointed. C'mon. I'ts just a mud house. Wonder what his wife and relations think of him.
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2011
Baawaa:

It is not that the house is complete mud,but the house is not fancy as the ones our politicians were building now!!That shows the man is not corrupt,because money has spirit!!
i wish i could have such a spirit
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by nagoma(m): 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
@Owobokiri
Stagnation should never be a pride of any culture. Every society moves forward by developing her cultural instruments. There were ancient houses in the west at a point but they improved on that to biuld something more conducive for human habitation. I think its about time the North stops being fanatical about certain things. This idea of maintaining a culture of mud houses biult with little structural evaluations is wrong. I have read of many places in the north where sudden rain led to huge loss of human lives as a result collapsed mud houses. They also pratically lock up the windows thereby making the house too hot for those who stay inside most times-the women. The Sahara is advancing, ozone layer is depleting, the warming of the environment will create more deseases as everywhere gets hotter, especially areas close to the desert . Time to biuld bigger houses that are strong, well ventilated and well planned/structured. Modeernization should not be demonized as a western thing, or termed "new culture" , it is for all humanity.

Stagnation in terms of human development is what is happening in this country now .But you try to conceal the erosion of democracy and promote unbridled ostentation by so called leaders in the absence of any regulartory capacity or will, by promoting unearned flamboyance and extravagance in the name of material development. We are talking about leadership here not 30 or so years of transient physical comfort at the expense of the poor human beings you lied on oath and swore to protect and treat justly. We are talking about concience and justice not buildings. Concience and justice are the true human developments, they are what animals (like our current leaders and some Nairalanders) don't have.
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by Dawgpound: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
Living a primitive life that is not safe all in the name of maintaining culture is plain dunb. Those mud houses should be @ the museum please.
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by mummy3(f): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2011
Infact the man is tired of flamboyance life and now decided to come down to mud house grade. But let me ask, when he was a Youngman, was he living in a mud house?

Culture ko, culture ni
May be that's what his gods asked him to do to save something tongue
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by nagoma(m): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2011
"All the above factors have significantly contributed and are continuing to contribute to the failure to protect the Heritage of the northern region of Nigeria. The “Restoration and Conservation of Kano Walls” proposed to reinstate the Kano walls in three stages – one of which is to set-up workshops in traditional Hausa building, as a way of reviving the almost lost method of construction, and in the quest to train local inhabitants, architectural and building students as well as other interest groups in the fundamentals of this simple and sustainable method of construction.

INTBAU Nigeria is hoping that this workshop will be an avenue that will help to encourage the preservation and conservation of Traditional Hausa Architecture, developments and innovation in mud or earth construction and to generally bring together a diverse group of individuals to get their hands dirty and acquire a new skill in a fun and professional environment.

More details: www.intbau.org/hausaarchitecture2009.htm"
Dates: 16 – 18 January 2009
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by lagcity(m): 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2011
that journalist is very kolo oo. he boldly asked the Justice, "why have you decided to punish yourself like this? grin grin grin very naughty journalist.
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by InkedNerd(f): 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2011
@OP: I love the lines in Justice Mamman's last statement!
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by runsgirl: 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2011
He probably has several flamboyant houses and just making a show with this one.
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by cheikh: 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2011
nagoma
We are talking about leadership [/b]here not 30 or so years of transient physical comfort at the expense of the poor human beings you lied on oath and swore to protect and treat justly. We are talking about [b]concience and justice not buildings. Concience and justice are the true human developments, they are what animals (like our current leaders and some Nairalanders) don't have.

@Gbam^^ Well said bro! wink

Most so called mud houses are cooler and very comfortable than some so called "modern" houses. 'Mud' or local earth is appropriate material, for building adequate and appropriate houses instead of "alien" inspired structures. Most "modern" or 'alien' inspired houses use  imported materials/"ideas" hence the so called modern houses are hot, very expensive and inappropriate for our environment unlike the denigrated so called "mud" or brick house. It's a shame that we have regressed indeed and not exactly discerning enough to see beyond the "Mud".
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by redsun(m): 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2011
An endangered specie. Men like him are very scarce in africa,men like father. Men with principles and of pure blood.
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by member479760: 2:32am On Nov 15, 2011
the man no bi tiv like hin brothers!
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by hollars(m): 9:20am On Nov 15, 2011
living in a mud house is not a proof that he is not corrupt like others, don't get me wrong. im not saying he is corrupt. im only saying, he chose a mud house out of interest and cultural background, does that mean if Oyinlola builds a mud house today, he's humble and not corrupt.
don't be surprised if the man owns a rolls royce. wat about that? he might crave luxurious cars and live in a mud house
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by 9ijaMan: 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2011
hollars:

living in a mud house is not a proof that he is not corrupt like others, don't get me wrong. im not saying he is corrupt. im only saying, he chose a mud house out of interest and cultural background, does that mean if Oyinlola builds a mud house today, he's humble and not corrupt.
don't be surprised if the man owns a rolls royce. wat about that? he might crave luxurious cars and live in a mud house
Why not try to read and re-read the article before making a contribution. It'll do you a lot of good to comprehend a topic first and then make a sound response intead of shooting from the hip.

Hmmm, I really tire for Nigerian youths o!
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by hollars(m): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2011
9ijaMan:

Why not try to read and re-read the article before making a contribution. It'll do you a lot of good to comprehend a topic first and then make a sound response intead of shooting from the hip.

Hmmm, I really tire for Nigerian youths o!

you should try and understand my point before replying, if you dont get it you have an easier option. move on
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by Rossikk(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2011
If you foolz are gonna criticise 'mud houses', at least see what some of them look like,  They're not all like the little huts in your village.

Hausa architecture:

[img]http://3.bp..com/_TVZzV61jies/SfnWkj5tntI/AAAAAAAAAGY/hpYUS-a93aA/s1600/Taditional%2BHausa%2BArchitecture%2B1.jpg[/img]
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by cheikh: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2011
Rossikk
at least see what some of them look like,  They're not all like the little huts in your village.

@ ^^ Gbam grin grin. Thank you for such beautiful pictures. It's amazing how ignorant a lot of Nigerians are about local architecture and materials available for local production. We've become addicted to everything "foreign inspired" or modern to "Leadership" style which I believe the topic was about. As usual lazy bones have managed to turn the topic into "Mud" and 'modern' homes. Please post more of such photos. They are inspirational indeed. Perhaps it will educate our multitude of mis-guided/mis-educated Nigerians grin.
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by Dede1(m): 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
@POST

If the so-called mud house dweller is the same Justice Mamman Nasir of 1976 boundary adjustment commission, the dude is as black as devil. He is worse than Obasanjo – the instigator who was not schooled on merits of social justice.
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 19, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

If the so-called mud house dweller is the same Justice Mamman Nasir of 1976 boundary adjustment commission, the dude is as black as devil. He is worse than Obasanjo – the instigator who was not schooled on merits of social justice.
a beg shed more light no the 1976 commission, would like 2 know who the devil is u or him!
Re: Why I Live In Mud House - Justice Mamman Nasir by Fimsah(f): 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
[color=#000000][/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASTMA Official In Free-For-All Fight (Photo) / Why Killings Continue In Zamfara Despite Mining Ban — Nigerian Military / PDP NEC May Approve Throwing Presidential Ticket Open Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.