Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53512 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2012
Signing in. . . .
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ronkebp(f): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2012
Signing in too,
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
Hmmmm and wot is d duty of Badosky lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I refuse to make coffees ooo angry angry angry

maclatunji:

Well, it looks as if TeHN has a clear action plan, there is not much to add than to wish you good luck with the implementation of your plan(s).
Much nicer Son! tongue cheesy
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
Signed in grin

Who is making the tea & taking notes
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2012
oh eff! forgot to pay my contributions. Done now r231 please check and confirm
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Hmmmm and wot is d duty of Badosky  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I refuse to make coffees ooo  angry  angry angry
Much nicer Son! tongue  cheesy

Don't worry you will be my P.A and our thread comedian  grin grin Just get ready to work late hours  grin

naijababe:

oh eff! forgot to pay my contributions. Done now r231 please check and confirm

Thanks. God bless.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
Signing in with my blackberry porsche from Ipad.

@All,is Tehn(the charity group) ripe and ready for CAC registration?How do we raise money for that?

Who wants to donate or build a free website for the group?

What do you think we should add/remove from the groups mode of operations?We are open to suggestions
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
OAM4J:

Don't worry you will be my P.A and our thread comedian  grin grin Just get ready to work late hours  grin
^Haaaaaa!

See chancing ooo,so are u telling me am not d marketing and campaign supervisor again? Haaa pelu gbogbo jersey ti Bado ti lo print,eeemh Oga R2bees edakun eba wa dasi oo,gbogbo robo rebe dat is happening ko to si Badosky ooo.  cry cry cry

Anyways Issorai----- I  go hold comedy na be,as long as all d Jegende,Simbi and Jelilis are laughing dier money away den my mission af complete ni yen o.May God help me so cool
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
ifyalways:

Signing in with my blackberry porsche from Ipad.

@All,is Tehn(the charity group) ripe and ready for CAC registration?How do we raise money for that?

Who wants to donate or build a free website for the group?

What do you think we should add/remove from the groups mode of operations?We are open to suggestions

what is wrong in operating from the site for now?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
Freiburger:

Nothing is wrong with it. We are only putting all the options on the table.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
I Think that is just too early for now if we really want to reach for the sky, however if we have the means why not? But my instinct tells me it is still tool early.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
i'will say lets join hands together here, handle numerous cases, lets do the things that are almost impossible to the common mind, only through that we will be able create a kind of appeal that the people will want to trace this organisation to wherever it is.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2012
I get your point Freiburger. We just want to consider other people's opinion as well.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
I believe we have couple of volunteers for the website all we have to do is follow up and see if the offer is still on the table

In the meantime, we need more volunteers for the website

Thank you all in advance
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2012
Freiburger:

I personally love our operating from here.However in recent times,some nairalanders asked about website with one user going as far as promising to build one.

We are only seeking everyone's opinion and suggestions and yours have been duly noted likewise.Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 10:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
r231:

I believe we have couple of volunteers for the website all we have to do is follow up and see if the offer is still on the table

In the meantime, we need more volunteers for the website

Thank you all in advance

Please do you have these people's id, and can we possibly send them a PM to join our discussion here.

If it will cost us nothing/little to have/maintain, we can just have it in addition to operating from here.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
Also we might need one or two more hands to join the team (subject to everyone's approval) as field officers

the criteria remains:

- Must be able to donate some of their precious time to go out and investigate cases anywhere in Nigeria
- To physically confirm and lead projects; must be in Nigeria, ready to devote time for the exercises
- Must be a regular poster on Nairaland NOT once a week poster
- Member since at least 2007 or have recommendations of at least 3 well known Nairalanders who have been members since 2007

I know toluxa1 and Gboliwe offered themselves the last time. I don't know if they are still willing and able to serve.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2012
OAM4J:

Please do you have these people's id, and can we possibly send them a PM to join our discussion here.

If it will cost us nothing/little to have/maintain, we can just have it in addition to operating from here.

Done
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by bknight: 12:05am On Feb 22, 2012
Indeed I offered to give a hand in d website development. Depending on what features you want on d site, I'd like to do it free so long as it remains a charity thing.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 12:14am On Feb 22, 2012
bknight:

Indeed I offered to give a hand in d website development. Depending on what features you want on d site, I'd like to do it free so long as it remains a charity thing.

Thank you so much for responding to our mail.

yea sure its solely for the charity and as for the features, its just going to be something basic for now with a link to make a payment through paypal
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 1:11am On Feb 22, 2012
bknight:

Thank you for your response. We will really appreciate it.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 8:48am On Feb 22, 2012
I thought it was supposed to be a Nairaland Forum charity organization dedicated to Nairaland Forum, so why opening a website for it. I think it should be run on dis forum.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 10:45am On Feb 22, 2012
Emeka your suggestion is noted. It was nairalanders that suggested we open a website in the first place. We are comfortable doing it here.
Where are everyone that suggested a website?come now and speak out on why you think its necessary.
What about the CAC registeration? Is it necessary? If yes, how do we raise the funds?if no, why no?
As long as we are not registered, we would continue to use a private account for funds which won't be displayed online. Ofcourse, we are comfortable operating that way but still its still nairalanders that said they prefer a special account solely for charity and can be displayed online.

Tehn is also looking for compassionate friends. "compassionate friends" are nairalanders that are ever ready to support us. We can pm them at any time we are :
Working on a project
Need their advise
Etc. Please if you want to be our compassionate friend, signify your interest on the thread.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 10:54am On Feb 22, 2012
Just to add to what Ify said regarding the website, it will be an avenue to showcase what we have done and it doesn't take anything away from NL or us helping NLnders.

And as you can see, its another nlnder that is trying to help us with it in their own little way
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 12:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
ifyalways:

Emeka your suggestion is noted. It was nairalanders that suggested we open a website in the first place. We are comfortable doing it here.
Where are everyone that suggested a website?come now and speak out on why you think its necessary.
What about the CAC registeration? Is it necessary? If yes, how do we raise the funds?if no, why no?
As long as we are not registered, we would continue to use a private account for funds which won't be displayed online. Ofcourse, we are comfortable operating that way but still its still nairalanders that said they prefer a special account solely for charity and can be displayed online.

Tehn is also looking for compassionate friends. "compassionate friends" are nairalanders that are ever ready to support us. We can pm them at any time we are :
Working on a project
Need their advise
Etc. Please if you want to be our compassionate friend, signify your interest on the thread.

LOL, I don't know about being compassionate but I can be a friend to TeHN (if you can tolerate my sometimes troublesome nature). grin

Registration is necessary, it gives TeHN credibility, clout and confidence to knock on people's doors (no matter how highly placed). Does TeHN have a lawyer as a member? If you don't I suggest you ask for the advice of one on the options you have for the purposes of registration and how to reduce cost.

I cannot be as active on this thread as I would like but I hope other people can expand on my suggestions if they agree with them.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
Emeka 7.:

I thought it was supposed to be a Nairaland Forum charity organization dedicated to Nairaland Forum, so why opening a website for it. I think it should be run on dis forum.

Our operational base will still be Nairaland. The website will only be an additional means of showcasing the charity.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2012
1 man up for registeration/CAC though he did not suggest ways of raising funds for it.How do we get funds for CAC ?do we take out a percentag of funds raised in the course of a project for it,do we start a fund raising for it or its absolutely NOT necessary . . . peoples opinion needed.  smiley

Mac,Tehn members are volunteers and we have enough troubles already keeping the team in check,staying focused to our mission and maintaining intergrity so we might not be able to deal with your sometimes troublesome nature. We want friends . . . those that would bridge the gap for us,offer us sound advise in times of crisis,give us a helping hand during fund raising etc.

We have an idea of the cost of getting CAC(cutting cost etc),however we want to know if CAC is absolutely needed now and we intend getting the major shareholders ie nairalanders opinion on that.

Your opinions are well noted.Thank you and God bless.

maclatunji:

LOL, I don't know about being compassionate but I can be a friend to TeHN (if you can tolerate my sometimes troublesome nature). grin

Registration is necessary, it gives TeHN credibility, clout and confidence to knock on people's doors (no matter how highly placed). Does TeHN have a lawyer as a member? If you don't I suggest you ask for the advice of one on the options you have for the purposes of registration and how to reduce cost.

I cannot be as active on this thread as I would like but I hope other people can expand on my suggestions if they agree with them.

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2012
ifyalways:

1 man up for registeration/CAC though he did not suggest ways of raising funds for it.How do we get funds for CAC ?do we take out a percentag of funds raised in the course of a project for it,do we start a fund raising for it or its absolutely NOT necessary . . . peoples opinion needed.  smiley

Mac,Tehn members are volunteers and we have enough troubles already keeping the team in check,staying focused to our mission and maintaining intergrity so we might not be able to deal with your sometimes troublesome nature. We want friends . . . those that would bridge the gap for us,offer us sound advise in times of crisis,give us a helping hand during fund raising etc.

We have an idea of the cost of getting CAC(cutting cost etc),however we want to know if CAC is absolutely needed now and we intend getting the major shareholders ie nairalanders opinion on that.

Your opinions are well noted.Thank you and God bless.

*Takes of 'troublesome nature agbada'* grin The bolded is noted and I can feel that it comes from your heart. tongue grin

Now, I know it is easier not to be registered but TRUST ME, when I say you need it. It is for your noble intentions, maintaining integrity and dareIsay for the survival of TeHN that you must register. Here is what I suggest:

Round-off with this case of Perx you have at hand. Then do an elaborate PR campaign for TeHN- how you started, those that you have helped and how you have helped them. Thereafter, explain why you need the registration and tell people that you are looking for funds to register- in other words, TeHN needs help to help the needy.

Caveat- All my suggestions are total rubbish if you the members of TeHN do not believe you need CAC registration. Hence, I suggest you guys think about it and make a decision in-house before coming to the open floor or are you saying the decision to register or not is going to be based on what we say here? (I am asking).
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2012
maclatunji:

*Takes of 'troublesome nature agbada'* grin The bolded is noted and I can feel that it comes from your heart. tongue grin

Now, I know it is easier not to be registered but TRUST ME, when I say you need it. It is for your noble intentions, maintaining integrity and dareIsay for the survival of TeHN that you must register. Here is what I suggest:

Round-off with this case of Perx you have at hand. Then do an elaborate PR campaign for TeHN- how you started, those that you have helped and how you have helped them. Thereafter, explain why you need the registration and tell people that you are looking for funds to register- in other words, TeHN needs help to help the needy.

Caveat- All my suggestions are total rubbish if you the members of TeHN do not believe you need CAC registration. Hence, I suggest you guys think about it and make a decision in-house before coming to the open floor or are you saying the decision to register or not is going to be based on what we say here? (I am asking).

Tehn is not a personal organization hence the members can only but make limited decisions.We know about all the Pros of getting registered . . .and same time know about all the cons and costs.

We are empowered by Nairalanders 100%,no external help so far.We, in as much as we might want (or not) to get registered,the decision lies greatly with nairalanders,our sponsors.

. . .and oh,cool suggestions you've brought up.The co-ordinator and team would look into it.Thank you
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
maclatunji:

*Takes of 'troublesome nature agbada'*  grin The bolded is noted and I can feel that it comes from your heart. tongue  grin

Thanks mac for your input.

Lemme explain few things here. TeHN was born out of the willingness of some Nairalanders to continue offering help to the needy.  The power of decision lies with these  nairalanders who are the major shareholders. TeHN committee can be sacked today if majority of these nairalanders decide to do so or any member of the committee sacked if majority of Nairalander have a reason to do so. So TeHN committee only exists in trust of nairalanders.

I needed to say that, so you can understand why the decision to register, have a website, approve our mode of operation etc have to be taken by the committee’s boss (The nairalanders). If Nairalanders decide they do not want to go “plc”, that they are comfortable with us running our operations in house and comfortable with the current status quo then so be it. But if majority decides it is about time we get big and able to engage corporations and Govt agencies outside nairaland then we will work with it, and I guess they (Nairlanders) will be able to support/fund the registration.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2012
^ Lady and Gentleman, going by what the two of you have said, what you need is a poll on the matter.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2012
^ its not about doing a poll, its all about funding it.

We put a poll and people will answer yes or no but will they fund it which is the big question

We made an inquiry regarding fees and it cost about N130k and the idea now is to find out what you guys want us to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.