Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,636 members, 7,955,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (54032 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
OAM4J:

Thanks mac for your input.

Lemme explain few things here. [b]TeHN was born out of the willingness of some Nairalanders to continue offering help to the needy.  The power of decision lies with these  nairalanders who are the major shareholders. [/b]TeHN committee can be sacked today if majority of these nairalanders decide to do so or any member of the committee sacked if majority of Nairalander have a reason to do so. So TeHN committee only exists in trust of nairalanders.

I needed to say that, so you can understand why the decisions to register, have a website, approve our mode of operation etc have to be taken by the committee’s boss (The nairalanders). If Nairalanders decide they do not want to go “plc”, that they are comfortable with us running our operations in house and comfortable with the current status quo then so be it. But if majority decides it is about time we get big and able to engage corporations and Govt agencies outside nairaland then we will work with it, and I guess they (Nairlanders) will be able to support/fund the registration.

r231:

^ its not about doing a poll, its all about funding it.

We put a poll and people will answer yes or no but will they fund it which is the big question

We made an inquiry regarding fees and it cost about N130k and the idea now is to find out what you guys want us to do

Nairaland has over 800,000 members, how do you determine what this population wants TeHN to do? I say ask them through a poll. Please, educate me if I have missed something in my submission.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2012
In fact, you can even ask them if they are willing to contribute towards TeHN registration if they like the idea.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2012
^^and that is the reason why Ify is asking now
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
r231:

^^and that is the reason why Ify is asking now

I doubt you will get much of a reaction here going by the fact that this thread is as old as ___________. Gots to go, TTFN!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2012
maclatunji:

I doubt you will get much of a  reaction here going by the fact that this thread is as old as ___________.  Gots to go, TTFN!

again that is my point exactly. . . .

you don't open a thread for every new information, we resume back to this thread yesterday so with the new information we have, the thread goes back to the frontpage from there NOT from page1 to attract both new and old members.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
I think it is a serious idea, I should be in support.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2012
There is no better ideal that this; while Nairaland still remain our basic flatform, the new website will stand to reflect and explain what we are doing.
My full support.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2012
Nairaland Forum is really doing much o.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 2:07am On Feb 23, 2012
Nairaland Forum is really doing much o.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 8:58am On Feb 23, 2012
Excuse me Mr. Moderator, why was my post deleted?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by niyooo(m): 10:46am On Feb 23, 2012
I think you need to create a position for an auditor in your Organogram. Just my two cents
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by aglomar: 11:35am On Feb 23, 2012
Great effort, kp it up!!!

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by debosky(m): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
Signing in. . . .

I'd like to volunteer to be a compassionate friend as ify requested.

Regarding decision making, I fear waiting for 'nairalanders' will stall things from moving forward - who exactly are the nairalanders in question? Is it the whole of nairaland or just those that have signified interest in being a part of this?

If it is the latter - how do we get a handle on what this number is? Do we already know who/how many people these are?

How do we get their views before taking a decision? By poll? By pm asking them to post here?

What is the decision making criteria? Simple majority? Minimum quorum of members voting?

How long do we deliberate on an issue before taking a decision?

In my view, the committee must be empowered to take certain 'executive' decisions on behalf of all the interested nlders - that is why one was appointed in the first place. In addition, as mac said, the committee should take a decision internally on a proposal before bringing it to the house for consideration - this helps make decision making faster.

Now as for my view on CAC registration, I think it is a good idea in principle, BUT given that our current project with Perx is far from complete it may not be the optimal time to go ahead with registration given the cost (a third of what we've managed to get to Perx so far).

Unless there is an identified major sponsor needed to actualise the current project requiring CAC registration before making a contribution, I'd suggest putting it off for now.

Since we have volunteers willing to build a website, we should proceed with that but avoid making it complex so we can maintain it easily on an ongoing basis.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by manny4life(m): 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2012
maclatunji:

Nairaland has over 800,000 members, how do you determine what this population wants TeHN to do? I say ask them through a poll. Please, educate me if I have missed something in my submission.

800k members? shocked shocked shocked

How do you explain people who use multiple ids? How do you explain the likes of 190 who had like 50 ids during the voting process? How do you explain a lot of banning and creation of another id? Me think that NL is about 1/3rd or probably 1/2 its original size and not that figure you see at the top right corner of your webpage.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2012
Tunji u have issues,I have read all ur replies and it almost seems u want it to go ur way.I seriously cant be asked replying to all ur debates,but something is for sure NOTHING IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU.Do you think bin troublesome will benefit the people TEHN are willing to help? I mean get over ursef arguing and bickering makes you look like a KID still sucking his thumb.U are not d voice of d people so pls pave way for oda opinions,its not a COMPETITION of who said it right.

Peace!!!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2012
^sweetheart, what are you talking about? I have not said anything today except for asking a simple question. By the way, there are things you don't know. I have no problems with TeHN and I have had my say- the majority can have their way. I will gist you later.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by kizito96(m): 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2012
Nairaland is gradually taking the shape of a Political Party. In the near future we will seek for Registration from Inec. The funny thing is that all are faceless members
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2012
maclatunji:

^sweetheart, what are you talking about? I have not said anything today except for asking a simple question. By the way, there are things you don't know. I have no problems with TeHN and I have had my say- the majority can have their way. I will gist you later.

you keep saying there are things people don't know. . . . you care to explain THINGS LIKE WHAT undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2012
As much as I love charity, when it comes to Nigerians, I have my doubts. . .
My countrymen are creative with their scams and quick to turn a good thing bad.
I'll have to wait this one out.

However those in the position to verify each case, and are prominent members of the forum in good standing, can still broadcast such situations to us.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mac,I didn't see your deleted comments.Anywayz,bear in mind that Tehn is not here to take orders from anyone.Make your opinions known in a civil way.

Btw,which "things are not know" ? Does that statement refer to Tehn or a personal issue?

You've made your points yesterday and we have taken note.Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mac,I didn't see your deleted comments.Anywayz,bear in mind that Tehn is not here to take orders from anyone.Make your opinions known in a civil way.

Btw,which "things are not know" ? Does that statement refer to Tehn or a personal issue?

You've made your points yesterday and we have taken note.Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2012
For the love of God, r231 and Ifyalways I was talking to ID. Like Ify has said, I made my points to members of TeHN yesterday. And for the record, my deleted post was not anything like an order.

You guys seem to believe I am out to control or boss TeHN- nothing could be farther from the truth. I leave myself and my intentions for God to judge.

As for saying I keep saying there are things ID or anybody else doesn't know, I see no reason why it should really matter to you- but if it will re-assure you, just know that I keep my criticisms in the open or direct to you. You should know that by now.

Have a nice day/night.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2012
Niyoo,which ones be organogram?LOL

Thanks for your input though.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 7:50pm On Feb 23, 2012
2buff, thanks for stopping by. We would strive to be as open as possible and also try not to fall victims to scam.

We hope to see more of you around in future. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Idowuogbo(f): 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2012
Na wa oooo

Tunji and narrative writing looool

E DON DO oooo

@2buff

No fear notin dey happen,but if worse comes to worstinga we fit go ur village go consult oracle u hia. grin
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
@debosky, thank you for answering the clarion call. We are delighted to have you as a friend.

You have asked very valid questions.OAM4J would be in the position to answer it appropriately.
It seems thhough from your input so far,you are saying "CAC" should be put on hold and I personally absolutely share same sentiments. Aside the money its gonna gulp, we still have obstacles like 'signatories,physical address etc' .
Thank you, thank you debosky.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by DisGuy: 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
can someone please post/send the paypal contact

thought it was in one of the previous threads
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2012
We are still on the issue of the new website if i'm right.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2012
Dis Guy:

can someone please post/send the paypal contact

thought it was in one of the previous threads

account info sent
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2012
Our sincere appreciation to everyone.

1st, I want to assume that no one has any objection to the structure and mode of operation of TeHN.

2ndly, from the look of things, majority of the contributors welcome the idea of having a website while Nairaland remains our base.

3rdly, on CAC registration; while it is a good idea, looks like it will be better we push it till later time while we continue to operate within the confine of Nairaland.

@ Debosky

Actually we do not have a number in mind. sometimes in the middle of our activities we get a lot of these criticisms. We only want to give room to discuss all these issues openly. Our conclusion will be based on simple majority from those who participate in the discussion. No we are not waiting for 800,000  or 1000 responses, neither do we see the need to add a poll cos we are not just interested the number of those for or against, we are more interested in the arguments/ intelligent points for and against the issues. So we simply open a matter for a day or 2 and reach a conclusion from the number of contributions we get.

@ all

One other crucial issue we will like to bring to open and reach a conclusion on is the issue of setting aside a small percentage of the contributions for administrative expenses.

Is it a good idea? If so what percentage is reasonable enough?

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 7:51am On Feb 24, 2012
^ No o, not yet o.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2012
^^^what are you talking about sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24)

A Huge Python Vomiting Out A Deer After It Was Obstructed (Graphic Video) / Is This Possible? See Photo Of A Man Lifting 7 Bags Of Cement / The Long Snake Killed At A Mechanic-Workshop In Port-harcourt (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.