Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room (56768 Views)

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? / Why Did You Marry In The First Place. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by dobnina(f): 5:13am On Mar 15
pansophist:
There is a reason why if you are learning to drive a car, they always teach you with a manual car, which is more challenging than an automatic car.

And it's simply because, in life, hard mode is the default. Easy mode and luxury are privileges. If everything in life fails you, then by your very existence, you are thriving in hard mode.

Having the above in mind, it is a very narrow worldview to expect a man to marry only when he is living large, especially when ''living large'' is not the default.

If you advise a single man not to marry in such an accommodation, would you also advise a married man to divorce his wife if he can't afford a mansion anymore due to life's problems?

If you would expect a woman to still be with her husband during challenging times, then why advise a man who is just starting life not to marry in such an apartment? Or advice a woman not to marry such a man? There should be consistency.

Whats also the usefulness of such a wife if she is just intending to "move in", instead work and "build with" her man? What's the usefulness of her education and growth then?

This is not an encouragement for women to marry losers, but not all broke people are losers. Some men just need sunlight, watering, and photosynthesis to blossom. Team up with him. Nigeria is hard. Being wealthy is not the norm in Nigeria.

Everyone is playing the game of life at different levels, or in different stages. If you go to the deepest poorest village anywhere, humans will still form families and thrive in it.

If two people mean well to each other, I don't see a reason why a woman and a man can't marry in such an apartment and keep working hard to move into a better place. Most of our parents started like that.

This generation and materialism. Na wa
I have never regretted following you. You are so full of wisdom. I wish i could tap using a straw.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by NoSmoking: 5:50am On Mar 15
AMI3:

I have seen people that have nothing getting married and today they are billionaires.
It all depends on what u want

I have seen some that got poorer
It depends on what u see
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by yommen: 6:37am On Mar 15
Ance4Liverpool:
Dont wait till u live in a mansion b4 u marry. Any girl that marries you in this one room is a wife material that can adapt to any condision, though its very hard to find

This room is not even for a poor man. He will scale up when the time comes.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by dangoteinlaw: 7:11am On Mar 15
BigYash:
They should have enough to rent a better place by then.. Except the man did have plans for the future. A lady was saying girls should not marry a man earning less than 800k. A man replied her on X ,of how a lady married him with a salary of 35k. Today they own the house they live in.. Her last birthday was celebrated outside Nigeria. His vision and actions matters,no be room..
don’t believe that liar lol. I will not mention the man's moniker on Nairaland, but he is a flagrant liar. To hear an indigenous person from Lagos who attended Lagos State University and inherited a business say he came from humble beginnings would be like Dangote telling you he only had one shoe.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by sidonlook: 7:14am On Mar 15
Why not.
Don't people living in one room apartment get married ?
A person living in this apartment can get married..
Now choose :
Married and live in duplex and have unhappy marriage.
Or married and happily live in this one room with love.
Which would you choose ?
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Banhammy717: 7:22am On Mar 15
Yeah. He should get married
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Rejoice28(f): 7:37am On Mar 15
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Incrediblekutty(m): 8:38am On Mar 15
Room wey never contain one person finish??
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by lordnkem000(m): 11:17am On Mar 15
Jewessgratitud3:

Lol.. me too I like a very spacious apartment. Can't marry a man living in this kind of room.
Lately you have been talking too much here, seems you are related to ilamina. Because you both have it in common. Talking and posting baseless topics. Though I feel na boredom or joblessness dey worry you. Even me sef with my job, I feel jobless in this times and tinubulation
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Jewessgratitud3: 11:32am On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Lately you have been talking too much here, seems you are related to ilamina. Because you both have it in common. Talking and posting baseless topics. Though I feel na boredom or joblessness dey worry you. Even me sef with my job, I feel jobless in this times and tinubulation

Please please please.. just because you live in one room apartment doesn't mean everyone must like it. Ok?

I can not marry man that lives in a one room apartment and that's final! You can't force to accept your choice.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Lovit(m): 12:25pm On Mar 15
Once space for nacking dey, it is good to go

They will plan from there.

some japa people abroad, room wey dem and their family dey manage no pass this one
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by lordnkem000(m): 2:37pm On Mar 15
Jewessgratitud3:

Please please please.. just because you live in one room apartment doesn't mean everyone must like it. Ok?

I can not marry man that lives in a one room apartment and that's final! You can't force to accept your choice.
How do you know I live in one room apartment? Stop being dumb abeg. Besides, people who live in such apartments re nice and great people too and deserve respect and peace. No one is forcing you to like it or not. Just stop being this judgy and shit okay. You can still be wealthy and be empathetic to people, still be okay and be a destiny helper to people. That's my two cents as your friend
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Jewessgratitud3: 3:12pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

How do you know I live in one room apartment? Stop being dumb abeg. Besides, people who live in such apartments re nice and great people too and deserve respect and peace. No one is forcing you to like it or not. Just stop being this judgy and shit okay. You can still be wealthy and be empathetic to people, still be okay and be a destiny helper to people. That's my two cents as your friend

If you feel I'm talking too much these days and it's affecting your sanity, simply avoid my posts or stop visiting this site altogether because you have no right whatsoever to tell me how often to post or talk around here.

I don't know you from Adam and I never mention you whenever I make my post so it shouldn't affect you.

If you're looking for who to hate on, go pick on someone your own size.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by jamesversion: 6:31pm On Mar 15
descarado:

Everybody in this world have grace unless you don't have realistic vision and ambition.
Grace always find everyone.

Oga, you see for this world, winch dey follow some people. If you like believe me or not. Some people are chained to badluck.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by pansophist(m): 8:19pm On Mar 15
dobnina:

I have never regretted following you. You are so full of wisdom. I wish i could tap using a straw.

The result of reading very old books and knowing how to think wink

3 Likes

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by lordnkem000(m): 8:48pm On Mar 15
Jewessgratitud3:

If you feel I'm talking too much these days and it's affecting your sanity, simply avoid my posts or stop visiting this site altogether because you have no right whatsoever to tell me how often to post or talk around here.

I don't know you from Adam and I never mention you whenever I make my post so it shouldn't affect you.

Stop vexing naa, I don't hate you. We all dey catch cruise abeg
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by GodisFirst: 5:08am On Mar 16
This is very okay for a start until economy improves. What matters is understanding.

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Adv14(m): 12:09pm On Mar 16
pansophist:

The result of reading very old books and knowing how to think wink

Hmmm I dey feel u always I no just talk ni, suggest few of these books
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by pansophist(m): 11:06pm On Mar 16
Adv14:

Hmmm I dey feel u always I no just talk ni, suggest few of these books

Try search my previous comments. I always write it.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by optm(m): 5:30am On Mar 17
Marry someone that's ready to build with you and not one that sees you as a ticket to enjoy the good life they are not ready to work out in achieving with you. Those saying they cannot marry someone in that accommodation may not be able to even afford one of such for themselves. Some women would make you see reasons why getting a bigger accommodation would be better and would join you in seeking ways to get a bigger one but you see those that would tell you, they cannot live with you there and are not suggesting ways to get a bigger space, you had better left them alone . Those type are not ready to do life with you , they are only after doing life through you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by trollx: 5:06pm On Mar 17
Jewessgratitud3:

Madam calm down and stop being sassy. You've been talking too much and out of place in here. I blame those bantering words with a teenage girl like you who's yet to see life. Focus on your monthly allowance from your parents and come in here to read and learn when elders post. You don't have to contribute with your dense and retard reasoning. Thank you!

No shades! No offense!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by IbeOkehie: 6:37pm On Mar 17
NoSmoking:
No

I wont

Where will she keep her stuff?

Abi she no go come with anything?

When I returned back from my disastrous move to Nigeria in 2013, I restarted my life in a studio like this in a fairly bad Hamilton neighborhood in Baltimore City. Most of my friends and co-workers...especially the Nigerians...refused to visit me there LOL.

Oh and by the way, the owner of the building is a Nigerian woman.

My own was slightly bigger, with a small bathroom/toilet. The kitchen was part of the room too...I should say the stove and fridge were in the room.

My wife moved into that studio with me when she came to the USA and we got married. So on my own experience, the answer is YES.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by mariahAngel(f): 7:26pm On Mar 17
IbeOkehie:

When I returned back from my disastrous move to Nigeria in 2013, I restarted my life in a studio like this in a fairly bad Hamilton neighborhood in Baltimore City. Most of my friends and co-workers...especially the Nigerians...refused to visit me there LOL.

Oh and by the way, the owner of the building is a Nigerian woman.

My own was slightly bigger, with a small bathroom/toilet. The kitchen was part of the room too...I should say the stove and fridge were in the room.

My wife moved into that studio with me when she came to the USA and we got married. So on my own experience, the answer is YES.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

So, what are we saying, what are you saying?
I mean, you had your own space to yourself.

Do we need to remind you that in Nigeria, with a room like that, you're most likely to share the toilet, bathroom and kitchen with your neighbours? Do we?
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by IbeOkehie: 7:32pm On Mar 17
mariahAngel:

Do we need to remind you that in Nigeria, with a room like that, you're most likely to share the toilet, bathroom and kitchen with your neighbours? Do we?

I had that in the back of my mind. That's why I tried to describe. No, mine wasn't a public house or face-me-I-face-you. But in the USA it is certainly a very low level living space.

Yes, a man and woman can get married and live in the accommodation pictured by the OP, with public shared toilet & kitchen. Every couple starts somewhere.

Thanks.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by mariahAngel(f): 7:36pm On Mar 17
IbeOkehie:

I had that in the back of my mind. That's why I tried to describe. No, mine wasn't a public house or face-me-I-face-you. But in the USA it is certainly a very low level living space.

Thanks.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

As long as you had your own space.

You're welcome.

All the very best to you.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by IbeOkehie: 7:44pm On Mar 17
mariahAngel:

As long as you had your own space.

You're welcome.

All the very best to you.

A man and woman can get married and live in the accommodation pictured by the OP, with public shared toilet & kitchen.

Every couple starts somewhere. I have a few friends or acquaintances who started their lives in worse circumstances. And they're all doing well today 🙂

In fact one oil & gas engineer who earns $1K per day in Nigeria right now lived in such a place with his wife in Nigeria, in PH to be precise. He and his wife have remained married for over 30 years.

To each their own.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by mariahAngel(f): 7:51pm On Mar 17
IbeOkehie:

A man and woman can get married and live in the accommodation pictured by the OP, with public shared toilet & kitchen.

Every couple starts somewhere. I have a few friends or acquaintances who started their lives in worse circumstances. And they're all doing well today. 🙂

In fact one oil & gas engineer who earns $1K per day in Nigeria right now lived in such a place with his wife in Nigeria, in PH to be precise. He and his wife have remained married for over 30 years.

To each their own.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

The stories always have happy endings, but yeah, to each their own. smiley
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by IbeOkehie: 8:02pm On Mar 17
This is a very good thread.

There's all kinds of lessons to be had.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Elohorp(f): 12:46pm On Mar 19
SSpeter:
Na Naija still dey worry you, when you pay #1250 pounds monthly in WC London for this room, you go add your grandma plus 4 children and hubby sef...them no dey tell person grin

I don't live in Nigeria,and yet we don't live in such a room
Do you think people living in such room are getting married and having kids aboard,the government will take your kids from you and give them to other people that can care for them
Even your landlord will evict you because their is a limit to how many people live in a particular space,that's the law
Just imagine someone that doesn't e en know about us law just by your comment telling me that na naija dey worry me,I laugh 😂
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Elohorp(f): 12:50pm On Mar 19
MrBrownJay1:

if thats what you guys can afford then thats what you guys have to work with... nobody should pretend to be who they are not. a man and a woman can easily live in the above room although i wouldnt advise them to have children "yet". when they better their lives they can get a bigger apt and start a family.

just because you guys are married doesnt mean you have to have kids recklessly, regardless of whether you can afford/accommodate kids or not.

Pregnant is a game it can come even when on active protection,so why gamble

I believe if a man gets married too early,when his not yet stable it prevents him from actually ever getting his footing in life
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by CockPit: 7:59pm On Mar 19
Elohorp:

Pregnant is a game it can come even when on active protection,so why gamble

I believe if a man gets married too early,when his not yet stable it prevents him from actually ever getting his footing in life

100% in agreement with you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by CockPit: 8:01pm On Mar 19
mariahAngel:

I actually grew up in two rooms like that, 2 parents and 7 kids? Its not desirable and not a good experience I would recommend for anyone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism / Woman Finds Panty In Her Husband’s Car (Photo) / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.