Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room (56651 Views)

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? / Why Did You Marry In The First Place. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Omoejigbahe(m): 7:12pm On Mar 14
Families of 4 live here, so I don't get your point.

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by pek(m): 7:15pm On Mar 14
Some people just ask useless and irrelevant questions

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by 96ACE: 7:16pm On Mar 14
PointZerom:

The insult and abuse no be here o.

I know one guy that did it, his wife has to runaway, refuses to come back unless the guy rents a house.
Na d last see finish for man be dat.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Jewessgratitud3: 7:18pm On Mar 14
SSpeter:
Na Naija still dey worry you, when you pay #1250 pounds monthly in WC London for this room, you go add your grandma plus 4 children and hubby sef...them no dey tell person grin

That place is different. At least the weather is cold and you won't feel it even if it's overcrowded but try it in naija if heat no go finish una.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by AMI3(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14
NoSmoking:

We must not stay there

We move to a spacious place
It boils down to choice.

Watch ur pocket
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by SSpeter(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:

That place is different. At least the weather is cold and you won't feel it even if it's overcrowded but try it in naija if heat no go finish una.
you are shifting the goal post, one room is one room anywhere in the world. If it is cold, put on the heater. If you cannot get married in one room in Naija you shouldn't stay in one room when you get to London or Toronto, because there are people who can't stay in one room even in this places. You think you can or should get more in Naija and that is what shaped your belief. When I stayed briefly in Abuja, I was paying 895k (in 2018) for a boys quarter in Maitaima. There are places this room will be located and you will not be able to afford it so relax

3 Likes

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Walz001: 7:37pm On Mar 14
Hmmmm sometimes i get tired of some comment on Nairaland but i believe some of the members on this page are either below 30 years

My advice ... Yes its very possible i will use myself as a case study

I rented a room where i do live alone with one ventilated window then got marry in that same room after some months i move to a room palour self having 2 kids i knew it will be choked then i started my house within 2 years i built my house

Now note if i dont have the courage to get married then in that one room when will it be
2 get yourself a good lady we have alot of them
Stop following women that will create problem for yoy and your family

Got alot of friends with big mansions to still single and searching and some their wife has left them

We need thinking out of the box moat times

Even some of the ladies that said noo will eventually get pregnant for a man without a small room

Such is life but start where you are tomorrow might be too late

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Jewessgratitud3: 7:40pm On Mar 14
SSpeter:
you are shifting the goal post, one room is one room anywhere in the world. If it is cold, put on the heater. If you cannot get married in one room in Naija you shouldn't stay in one room when you get to London or Toronto, because there are people who can't stay in one room even in this places. You think you can or should get more in Naija and that is what shaped your belief. When I stayed briefly in Abuja, I was paying 895k (in 2018) for a boys quarter in Maitaima. There are places this room will be located and you will not be able to afford it so relax

Mtcheewww
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by SSpeter(m): 7:43pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:

Mtcheewww
there is nothing wrong in acknowledging that it is not every one room that you can afford. It is called self-realization grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Karismatik(f): 7:45pm On Mar 14
My room was not this equipped when I got married years back
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Jeje247: 7:56pm On Mar 14
Sirmwill:
Contrary to the opinion of the person above me
If I don't have a big mansion

I'm not marrying yet

The person I would marry deserves to be treated as a queen...

Dhurr, I will never go for a girl who is big orrrr sees herself as being big.
She would be the most looked down upon by other girls.
Then, I'd bring her up above them ✌️

Back to the room above

It's not good for marriage
writing from your father's house
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Pisol(m): 7:58pm On Mar 14
I can still recall how my ex left me because I couldn't afford to rent an apartment she wanted.

This God is really faithful. Please I need a God fearing Lady. Please she should be matured in spheres that matters.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by NoSmoking: 7:58pm On Mar 14
AMI3:

It boils down to choice.

Watch ur pocket

If my pocket ain't deep enough

Why marry

Why bother

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by yesloaded: 7:59pm On Mar 14
SSpeter:
Na Naija still dey worry you, when you pay #1250 pounds monthly in WC London for this room, you go add your grandma plus 4 children and hubby sef...them no dey tell person angry
grin
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Majesty33(m): 8:04pm On Mar 14
Omo, if u marry for this room, e go rough like mad and moreover this room is too small to contain her clothes let alone her shoes.

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by ezeokechukwu738: 8:12pm On Mar 14
Marry but no child untill you guys work and gather enough fund
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Machinegun91(m): 8:18pm On Mar 14
This house worth more than all nairaland ladies total net worth.

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by AfDapone: 8:34pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:

Everything is wrong with it because once they start living together as man and wife the next thing children will start coming. how will they cope then?

Then they have achieved the notion of starting small and growing big. Rather than initially wasting money they barely have because they want to satisfy societal expectations.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by aalangel(f): 8:35pm On Mar 14
NoSmoking:
No

I wont

Where will she keep her stuff?

Abi she no go come with anything?

There's a wardrobe there.
The room is cool for 2.
...but when babies start coming, it'll be inconvenient.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by mariahAngel(f): 8:53pm On Mar 14
SSpeter:
It will cost you around #1,100 pounds in London and #1200 CAD in Canada to rent this room. When I visited Canada, I saw Nigerians that own average looking duplexes living in a single room with their families. No complain! I guess you guys are judging from Naija perspective

I guess we are.

You know, it is perfectly okay for people (particularly women) to want what they want out of life without others (especially men) emotionally manipulating/blackmailing into accepting less. smiley
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by AfDapone: 8:55pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:

You are been told reality of life. Unrealistic societal expectations will not let you agree.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Jewessgratitud3: 8:59pm On Mar 14
AfDapone:

You are been told reality of life. Unrealistic societal expectations will not let you agree.

Your reality I guess? Definitely not mine.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Tochi360: 9:02pm On Mar 14
MrBrownJay1:
whats wrong with this room? if thats what they can afford then so be it.

You go see even girl wey she,her papa,her mama and her 4 siblings share one room wey no even clean reach like dis sef go dey form levels grin grin

To a real Woman the problem is not the room but rather the plans and agenda the guy has for the future.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Emdebby2: 9:06pm On Mar 14
There's nothing with this room if that is what the guy can afford.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by NoSmoking: 9:16pm On Mar 14
aalangel:

There's a wardrobe there.
The room is cool for 2.
...but when babies start coming, it'll be inconvenient.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Akharmony: 9:20pm On Mar 14
Those saying trash.. hope they are aware that some of there family member living abroad stay in rooms like this...... This room nah hot cake for UK

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by SSpeter(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14
mariahAngel:

I guess we are.

You know, it is perfectly okay for people (particularly women) to want what they want out of life without others (especially men) emotionally manipulating/blackmailing into accepting less. smiley

but the same woman will come to the UK, with children plus husband and mother and squat in a room for months. No one is manipulating anyone, my point is there are one rooms that you may not be able to afford
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by mariahAngel(f): 9:33pm On Mar 14
SSpeter:
but the same woman will come to the UK, with children plus husband and mother and squat in a room for months.

No one is manipulating anyone, my point is there are one rooms that you may not be able to afford

If she's okay with it, then it's okay.
What is not okay is you trying to emotionally blackmail me into accepting it.

I'd rather choose a spacious place I can afford.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by bummyla(m): 10:25pm On Mar 14
One of the biggest mistake I made in marriage was not to allow my ex-wife live for at least 6 months in my face-you-I-slap-you apartment in the ghetto.

She visited me there, I did not allow her to cook, nor bath, nor sleep over there, that's why she did not appreciate a bungalow in a gated estate. Where we have a spacious compound, clean borehole water and well. Better than average power supply.

If she had lived in the ghetto and fought some of those girls there, she would have appreciated GOD more the blessings.

Most young millionaires live in one room apartment, till they get married

2 Likes

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by YorubaKing: 11:33pm On Mar 14
Sirmwill:
Contrary to the opinion of the person above me
If I don't have a big mansion

I'm not marrying yet

The person I would marry deserves to be treated as a queen...

Dhurr, I will never go for a girl who is big orrrr sees herself as being big.
She would be the most looked down upon by other girls.
Then, I'd bring her up above them ✌️

Back to the room above

It's not good for marriage

Okoro Savage mentality. angry
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Vision101(m): 1:19am On Mar 15
poshestmina:

If there's restroom /kitchen inside the apartment,I don't have energy for face me,I slap you houses ,just few adjustments 'ear and dear',I don see husband be that ,Mariah.
Correct wife material
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by AMI3(m): 5:04am On Mar 15
NoSmoking:

If my pocket ain't deep enough

Why marry

Why bother

I have seen people that have nothing getting married and today they are billionaires.
It all depends on what u want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obituary Of 193 Year Old Woman As Family Claims / My Uncles 2nd Wife Is Still A Virgin @ 41 / Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.