Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) (1250 Views)

Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / Corpse Refuses Burial As Over 10 Strong Men Struggle To Carry Its Coffin (Video) / Man Killed By Lightning In Kwara Buried In Pigs Blood, Corpse Exhumed. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by Ojemedad: 2:59am On Mar 09
According to the tradition of the urhobos/isoko if the wife cheats and the man is aware without sending her packing or informs family for ritual rites and continue to sleep with her or eat her food, him or the children will die.

Now according to sources, this man was aware of his wife bleeping around but decided to keep quiet all in the name of tradition doesn’t work or Christianity have come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by Nwodosis(m): 5:00am On Mar 09
The god that preserves the guilty and kill the innocent!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by oz4real83(m): 5:35am On Mar 09
In Edo, when a married woman whose bride price was paid and other marriage rites were done by a man cheats on that man, tradition does something I hate so much embarassed, everything about the man whether business and all will collapse, the husband and children become sick and may even die, while nothing happens to the woman shocked, until she confesses and necessary actions are takenshocked. Her confession is just to heal her husband and children, not for her personal cure shocked. These are real events among all Edoid related groups, why nothing directly happens to the woman is still something i don't understand embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by Cassandraloius: 9:06am On Mar 09
oz4real83:
In Edo, when a married woman whose bride price was paid and other marriage rites were done by a man cheats on that man, tradition does something I hate so much embarassed, everything about the man whether business and all will collapse, the husband and children become sick and may even die, while nothing happens to the woman shocked, until she confesses and necessary actions are takenshocked. Her confession is just to heal her husband and children, not for her personal cure shocked. These are real events among all Edoid related groups, why nothing directly happens to the woman is still something i don't understand embarassed

Hmmm... That is very weird, why not attack the woman instead fo the man?
Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by Cassandraloius: 9:07am On Mar 09
And he's just 41 yrs old?? Na wa!
Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by Chasito(m): 9:35am On Mar 09
Too young.
Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by ednut1(m): 10:54am On Mar 09
He probably had underlying health issues

2 Likes

Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by danzaki63: 12:56pm On Mar 09
Why will the gods take the innocent and leave the guilty one? Why? Please, apease this god so that he can change the calibration of the vegeance. The innocent shouldnt die for the sins of another sinner.
Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by Makamatic: 1:12pm On Mar 09
ednut1:
He probably had underlying health issues

All these things na superstition to u but the reality na say e they make people turn fatherless
Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by hitekk: 3:03pm On Mar 09
In my home town, if a woman commit adultery, or the man friend gave her money and she happens to use the money to cook for the husband, the husband will fall sick and die if the woman didn't confess.

But if she didn't use the money to cook for the husband, she will fall sick and can only get well except she confesses and necessary things done.
Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by bummyla(m): 10:26pm On Mar 09
I once lived in a community in Lagos, once a married woman is pregnant and about to put to bed, the husband will enforce that she declares who owns the baby or she will die in labor. My land lady nearly died, before she quickly confessed, some sacrifices were made, the baby died at birth. My other neighbor died because she refused to confess. One escaped because the husband decided not to enforce his rights, their first daughter looks very well like the wife's calabar ex-lover, even the tribal marks could not distort the resemblance

1 Like

Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by Dancebreaker: 1:43am On Mar 10
oz4real83:

Bolded is not always true. If she is confronted with the allegation of cheating and denies it, she is made to swear an oath to the ancestors. Yes, some are wicked enough to deny and swear.
In that case, it will likely kill her. There are also sub-clans where the women may have trouble during child birth. Some only confess at that point. She may or may not survive it.

Remember that traditionally, the wife typically has no blood ties with the ancestors of her hubby, whereas her children and hubby do. The taboo is typically to ancestors of the man and the earth/land/homestead. While the woman is only bound by marriage ritual/rites (which proper traditional divorce can undo), her children and hubby are forever bound by blood to their ancestors. So they bear the consequences.
Re: Burial Poster Of Urhobo Man Killed By Ancestors (erivwi) by RedboneSmith(m): 10:56am On Mar 10
Putting all that on the obituary poster is plain stewpeed,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Learn About The Awka(oka) People Of Anambra State / Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? / Port Harcourt Boy Thanks Duncan Mighty For Taking Ikwerre Language International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.