Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know - Islam for Muslims (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know (30703 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Praise And Admiration By Prominent Non-muslims For Islam and the Prophet / Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by vedaxcool(m): 7:46am On Apr 07, 2012
mkmyers45: Two people translating a verse differently? Hmmmn "'O, People of the Book! Ye have no
ground to stand upon unless ye
stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord.' It is the revelation that cometh to thee from thy Lord, that increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy ... those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures), and the Sabaeans and the Christians - any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, - on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." (Sura 5:71-72). (My emphasis). Please quote us you Sura 5:71

Really, did you even understood the question you asked? Or the answer I gave? And if u do could u state what u understood by the answer I provided? Cause I am yet to see how this is relevant to what I wrote!
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by vedaxcool(m): 8:45am On Apr 07, 2012
mazaje:

Yes, you need an original document to show a corrupted one. . .Christians print from the copies of the once they claim to be the original one just like muslims print from the copies of the ones they also claim to be the original one. . .Again where is allah's original bible so that we can compare it with the one muslims claim is corrupt and differentiate from the two. . Was it eaten by camels under aisha's bed?. . .

Ok I see u are writing according to ur intelligence, as even a child would tell one can disprove the authenticity of book by merely examing the contents of the book and bringing out its inconsistency . . . What did saint Augustin say about such issues? He said pertaining conflicting
Message of the bible that ' . . . It is either my interpretation of the books are faulty or the words have not been faithfully transmitted to us' this is the simple logic that mr. I got a million dols in my account cannot just figure. We do not need an original to be able to determine whether a book has been corrupted or not, as Christians attribute the bible to come from an author that is perfect, does not create contradictions in his message etc hence if the book a perfect author is suppose to give a perfect logical information, this is common sense yet the bible carries undeniably severely "bad" materials that associating such to its perfect author becomes impossible to sustain. And ignoramus it might interest u to know that the second vatican council which sat on 1945 labeled the old testament obsolete and imperfect. To compound the situation the writership of the books of the bible remain a case of possibly, maybe, perharps, etc in such a situation we are left wondering how can rational maintain that the books of the bible aren't corrupt?
On the second question, u lied against the christians, as no knowledgeable christian can make such a claim, take the new testament, they claim they have 26000 copies of the "original" yet no two of these copies are identical, differing both in minor and major aspect, it is this difference that resulted to the versions Christians have today. Again leaving us to conclude even the Christians do not have anthing close to the original, in fact this led to the RSV removing entire verses from the NT claiming that they do not occur in the most ancient manuscript, the RSV removed the so called ascension of Christ verse from the bible
. . .

mazaje:
Very interesting that it is only stories that are written in details in the binle that happen to be also written in details in the koran. . .Allah reveals or Mohammed and his cronies plagiarized?. . .Keep on deluding yourself with the mythological writings and superstitions of ancient arabs. . .So you are better off as muslims, eh? Sure how else will the delusion make sense to you, if you don't delude yourself into thinking that accepting aged long mythologies and superstition makes you better. . .I laugh i arabic. . .

The fact that the deluded slave of godlessness is repeating what he wrote in a different way seeking to prove his famed ignorance and illogicity, leaves us merely expressing our profound pity upon such a delusion
mazaje:
Means mohammed got his stories from a christian. . .

We also heard mazaje have a miilion dols in his account, that 9-11 was an inside job, that Bush is from the lineage of Hitler, that atheism is a form of insanity, that the world does not exist - it is all a dream, that the Qur'an expressly say the Qur'an is from Allah, that the hadiths all attest to how Muhammad pbuh received revelation from angel Jibril, that . . .

mazaje:
According to christians they got the copy they have today from the copies of the original, just as muslsims claim to get their copies of the koran from the original. . .

Already addressed.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by mkmyers45(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2012
vedaxcool:

Really, did you even understood the question you asked? Or the answer I gave? And if u do could u state what u understood by the answer I provided? Cause I am yet to see how this is relevant to what I wrote!
*Scratching my Head* How can you explain two different translation for one verse?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LagosShia: 9:15am On Apr 07, 2012
mkmyers45: *Scratching my Head* How can you explain two different translation for one verse?

translation? the verse you presented is verse 68 of surah 5 and you considered that to be verse 71.please show us where you got your reference from.if i'm not mistaken you most likely did not copy the verse and the reference from a Quran website.you most likely copied it from someone on a missionary website who himself copied it wrongly.this is how people spread rumor and mistakes.if you are normal,you should apologize for the mistake and spreading a wrong reference of a verse.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by mazaje(m): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2012
vedaxcool:
Ok I see u are writing according to ur intelligence, as even a child would tell one can disprove the authenticity of book by merely examing the contents of the book and bringing out its inconsistency . . . What did saint Augustin say about such issues? He said pertaining conflicting
Message of the bible that ' . . . It is either my interpretation of the books are faulty or the words have not been faithfully transmitted to us' this is the simple logic that mr. I got a million dols in my account cannot just figure. We do not need an original to be able to determine whether a book has been corrupted or not, as Christians attribute the bible to come from an author that is perfect, does not create contradictions in his message etc hence if the book a perfect author is suppose to give a perfect logical information, this is common sense yet the bible carries undeniably severely "bad" materials that associating such to its perfect author becomes impossible to sustain. And ignoramus it might interest u to know that the second vatican council which sat on 1945 labeled the old testament obsolete and imperfect. To compound the situation the writership of the books of the bible remain a case of possibly, maybe, perharps, etc in such a situation we are left wondering how can rational maintain that the books of the bible aren't corrupt?
On the second question, u lied against the christians, as no knowledgeable christian can make such a claim, take the new testament, they claim they have 26000 copies of the "original" yet no two of these copies are identical, differing both in minor and major aspect, it is this difference that resulted to the versions Christians have today. Again leaving us to conclude even the Christians do not have anthing close to the original, in fact this led to the RSV removing entire verses from the NT claiming that they do not occur in the most ancient manuscript, the RSV removed the so called ascension of Christ verse from the bible

Any time you shoot the bible down, you end up shooting the koran as well. . .Muslims claim the bible is corrupt but still use the bible to validate islam. . .If the OT is obsolete and imperfect then so is the koran since most of the stories are almost identical. . .Every body knows that the bible has many issues, but I would have expected the muslims that use the bible to validate islam to provide the original bible so that we can compare the two and differentiate between the alleged words of god and words of man. . .That is basically my point. . .

The fact that the deluded slave of godlessness is repeating what he wrote in a different way seeking to prove his famed ignorance and illogicity, leaves us merely expressing our profound pity upon such a delusion

grin grin. . .I am not the person that believes in the mythological writings and superstitions of deluded arab men that plagiarized stories form other civilizations and claimed some imaginary entity called allah "revealed" part of it to a man in a cave when experiencing some form of schizophrenia. . grin grin. .Pity your self and your mythical delusions you slave of allah. . . grin grin

We also heard mazaje have a miilion dols in his account, that 9-11 was an inside job, that Bush is from the lineage of Hitler, that atheism is a form of insanity, that the world does not exist - it is all a dream, that the Qur'an expressly say the Qur'an is from Allah, that the hadiths all attest to how Muhammad pbuh received revelation from angel Jibril, that . . .

Sure, the koran is from allah, just as the verders are from shiva and the bible is the word of yahweh, the same way we are told that mohammed divided the moon into two and made the moon to bow. . .Heard that mohammed also made a tree trunk to cry like a child in one of the hadiths. . . grin grin. . You are the one that believes in those tales by moon light so deal with it. . .Mohammed received "revelations" (plagiarism) from some mythical angle Jibril?. . .What am I to do with that arabic tales by moon light?. . . grin
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by vedaxcool(m): 10:08am On Apr 07, 2012
mkmyers45: *Scratching my Head* How can you explain two different translation for one verse?

When u r thru scratching ur head could simply answer the questions asked

vedaxcool:

Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by vedaxcool(m): 10:34am On Apr 07, 2012
mazaje:

Any time you shoot the bible down, you end up shooting the koran as well. . .Muslims claim the bible is corrupt but still use the bible to validate islam. . .If the OT is obsolete and imperfect then so is the koran since most of the stories are almost identical. . .Every body knows that the bible has many issues, but I would have expected the muslims that use the bible to validate islam to provide the original bible so that we can compare the two and differentiate between the alleged words of god and words of man. . .That is basically my point. . .

Does this deluded slave of godlessness knows what he is doinhg? Or do u suffer attention deficit disorder? Remeber that my post proved two things, first that to prove a book to b corrupt does not require providing the original and two tha
t Christians themselves do noy have documents that can be termed close to the original, now how does any of what u wrote resembles a rebuttal or are you concurring to the points? cause common sense demand we finish one issue at hand B4 u take us to another topic . . .
mazaje:
grin grin. . .I am not the person that believes in the mythological writings and superstitions of deluded arab men that plagiarized stories form other civilizations and claimed some imaginary entity called allah "revealed" part of it to a man in a cave when experiencing some for of schizophrenia. . grin grin. .Pity your self and your mythical delusions your slave of allah. . . grin grin

There there, poor deluded slave of godlessness, if despite ur condition u say u do want pity, all u need to say is don't pity me and we won't! Lol

mazaje:
Sure, the koran is from allah, just as the verders are from shiva and the bible is the word of yahweh, the same way we are told that mohammed divided the moon into two and made the moon to bow. . .Heard that mohammed also made a tree trunk to cry like a child in one of the hadiths. . . grin grin. . You are the one that believes in those tales by moon light so deal with it. . .Mohammed received "revelations" (plagiarism) from some mythical angle Jibril?. . .What am I to do with that arabic tales by moon light?. . . grin

INCHOHERENCY . . .
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by mkmyers45(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2012
vedaxcool:

When u r thru scratching ur head could simply answer the questions asked

The relevance cannot be over-emphasized. Is the Ali and Pickhall versions the same?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by BIGERBOY1: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2012
what is this addiction with translation? ok, ok.... why is shaikh Abubakar Gummis hausa translation different from that of my great grand father? for heavens sake its bcoz they are all translation of the original arabic. thank goodness the quran is the only book which is still in a living language, unlike other religious scriptures.

now immagine for example a letter written by odudua (yoruba deity) in hausa! (what?), now thats one of the contentions with the bible. jesus was jewish, he had jewish deciples he spoke aramic, but the 'original' bible is in greek! why? how?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by mkmyers45(m): 11:35am On Apr 07, 2012
BIGER BOY: what is this addiction with translation? ok, ok.... why is shaikh Abubakar Gummis hausa translation different from that of my great grand father? for heavens sake its bcoz they are all translation of the original arabic. thank goodness the quran is the only book which is still in a living language, unlike other religious scriptures.

now immagine for example a letter written by odudua (yoruba deity) in hausa! (what?), now thats one of the contentions with the bible. jesus was jewish, he had jewish deciples he spoke aramic, but the 'original' bible is in greek! why? how?

Greek? Where? Dont talk just because you want to talk
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LagosShia: 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2012
[size=14pt]Difference Between Versions & Translations: Muslim and Christian Perspectives [/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn544oDRtbM
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by Sweetnecta: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2012
some true boko haraam don't have to be muslims, or live in nigeria.
true boko haraam are those book educated, yet worse that the uneducated hoodlums roaming the streets of backwater places of nigeria.

such a person will argue that Quran is not in arabic, though muslims whose book it is say Quran is only in arabic, not in the any other language which it is expressed in "what it means".

such a person will confuse translation types in say english by many authors to mean the same as versions of bibles in english service the catholic which is over 70 books, yet protestant bibles in english containing only 66 books.

should we not expect such sophisticated man with boko haraam mind to tell us which Quran in arabic is missing a verse, even if not a chapter [surah]? The mind of a boko haraam is a terrible thing to educate.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by Sweetnecta: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2012
actually the mind of worldly boko haraam is a very difficult thing to spiritually educated.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by Sweetnecta: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2012
educate
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LogicMind: 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2012
so should i consume the 9 yr old wife to please allah?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LagosShia: 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
Logic Mind: so should i consume the 9 yr old wife to please allah?

you should consult the 3rd of 3 christian "gods" (i.e. the "holy spirit" ).our christian friends would willing teach you how to speak in tongues.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LogicMind: 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2012
LagosShia:

you should consult the 3rd of 3 christian "gods" (i.e. the "holy spirit" ).our christian friends would willing teach you how to speak in tongues.

what are you afraid of?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LagosShia: 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

what are you afraid of?

i'm not.but i dont speak in tongues.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LogicMind: 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
LagosShia:

i'm not.but i dont speak in tongues.

so answer the question.

should i fu.c.k my 9 yr old wife?
would allah approve?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
I am zulu
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LagosShia: 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2012
patriot2: who gives a f.uck about your quran.
We do not give a rat's ass!
na wa o!

when they get desperate and confused,they start using dirty language.i dont know if they claim "inspiration" for that too!
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LagosShia: 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

so answer the question.

would allah approve?

i think if i may recall correctly,i have already answered you:

https://www.nairaland.com/909078/imam-molested-jss2-student#10547577
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2012
I am zulu
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LogicMind: 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2012
LagosShia:

i think if i may recall correctly,i have already answered you:

https://www.nairaland.com/909078/imam-molested-jss2-student#10547577

no you didn't. you showed links trying to disprove certain assertions.

A simple yes or no would suffice in this instance. your own belief not twist and turns. here are my questions one again:

would allah approve?

(shine the light)
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LogicMind: 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2012
is the light blinding your eyes lagoshia?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by mkmyers45(m): 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2012
LagosShia:

No, didnt the 'Slave of God' marry an underage? The Hadith has all we need to handle our paedo urges cool
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LagosShia: 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2012
mkmyers45: No, didnt the 'Slave of God' marry an underage? The Hadith has all we need to handle our paedo urges cool

https://www.nairaland.com/846958/tell-me-why-mohammed-married#9975134
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LogicMind: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
another soldier of allah on the run.
fear! that's what drives you
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LagosShia: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2012
Logic Mind: another soldier of allah on the run.
fear! that's what drives you

stay with your atheism.attention seeker!
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LogicMind: 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2012
LagosShia:

stay with your atheism.attention seeker!

was my question too complicated for a simple yes or no?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LagosShia: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

was my question too complicated for a simple yes or no?

"axe ur momy" -wizkid grin
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by LogicMind: 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2012
soldier of allah.

light is coming. run!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

People Eating In Public During Ramadan Will Be Arrested - Sharia Police / Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship / Why Did Allah Save Jesus From Death But Allowed Muhammad To Eat Poison?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.