Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,733 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding (12771 Views)

Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, 4 Others Spend N28.3bn On Ramadan Feeding / Zainab Ahmed: FG To Spend N6.72trn On Subsidy In 2023 / NSITF Spent N5.7bn On DSTV Subscription, Fuel Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by lexy2014: 5:48pm On Mar 12
mhmsadyq:

The security and welfare of the people is the primary responsibility of any government.

that is not what I aksed.

1. where have you seen governments spending on churches?

2. how is it right for the government to feed the poor?

3. is it feeding the poor that will get the poor out of poverty?
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Mar 12
Emu4life:

www.google.com

then use your "www.google.com" to answer the following:

where have you seen governments spending on churches?

how is it right for the government to feed the poor?

is it feeding the poor that will get the poor out of poverty?
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Don009: 5:55pm On Mar 12
Just for consumption, my brother u are doing well.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Mvnster: 6:03pm On Mar 12
ManirBK:
Good development
Yes o, almajiristan issa goal.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Gboom: 6:04pm On Mar 12
What is monthly internal generated revenue of Sokoto state?
Is it up to 6.7billion?
Why spending more than your monthly revenue on religious activities that gas no economic importance?

This is why these people are against resource control because unified purse is free money
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by messenger4891: 6:08pm On Mar 12
Imagine 6 billion for feeding ...abeg how many are Nigerians (maximum of 300 million)?

What's happening in Nigeria for crying out loud .....if all Nigerians should share the money it means every Nigerian will get 10 million each and the money will still remain but someone budgeted the money to feed one state during a program .....

We all know the problem of this country not that there is no money .We are so blessed in Nigeria but governance killed everything good God has given us .
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by t2luv1: 6:10pm On Mar 12
Emu4life:

U sound like a Junkie. May you find healing.

Junkie !!!!! No Senor. Simplementa no me gusta la gente estupida (No Sir, I just don't like stup*d people) Bienvenido a Miami Florida (Welcome to Miami, Florida)
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Fearurcreeator: 6:17pm On Mar 12
Omihanifa:
Nigeria has a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

How can a state like sokoto spend that much to feed people when they can easily use that to fix water problem, build classroom, hospitals and provide other basic amenities.

If all these nonsense continues, nigeroa will never develop.
Them be oloriburuku
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by MagnusPrime: 6:23pm On Mar 12
Statistics oo

Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by blowjohn(m): 6:28pm On Mar 12
beardedboy:

1. An educated criminal is worse than an uneducated one.
2.They are beggers. Don't shift the goalpost.
3. Really? Is rehabilitation of criminals now allowed? I guess only southern criminals should be rehabilitated since they're educated. You see how you sound?

Integrated
Not rehabilitated.

Dont try to change the narrative.

U cannot Integrate a brain washed illiterate.
What output can almajiri give?
What profits?
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Father4all: 6:37pm On Mar 12
Opportunity to steal money
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by IkeAbuja: 6:44pm On Mar 12
6.7bn on feeding in one state for just one month of fasting is outrageous. Please my Muslim brothers and sisters are you guys actually fasting or you're feasting.🥴
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by UKEMY(m): 7:05pm On Mar 12
Imagine
That Amount will provide a Rice Mill in all the Local Government of the state.
They uses Religion to deceive their Gullible followers.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Emu4life(m): 7:32pm On Mar 12
GenFunction:
U used it wrongly. as if u jus learnt the word.
You are entitled to your opinion.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Emu4life(m): 7:33pm On Mar 12
atiku4President:

Of course, we don't have a country. We can do any thing and spend anyhow. Next century, your descendants will still be here managing to survive. I understand your situation. You have no tomorrow.

Is this your current situation Sir? Cuz it is pitiable
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Emu4life(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12
GenFunction:
Mumu u think we are uninformed like u.just weeks the boko haram ravaged yobe is using huge sums,really huge sums to build nd renovate mosque and buy a.c for mosque
How is that your problem?
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Emu4life(m): 7:41pm On Mar 12
lexy2014:

then use your "www.google.com" to answer the following:
where have you seen governments spending on churches?
how is it right for the government to feed the poor?
is it feeding the poor that will get the poor out of poverty?
What if I refuse to answer??

1 Like

Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Emu4life(m): 7:43pm On Mar 12
lexy2014:

what has the issue got to do with being woke or not woke?
I owe you no explanation Sir

1 Like

Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Emu4life(m): 7:44pm On Mar 12
Nteogwuija:

How is that their money? How much does Sokoto generate as IGR or how much does it contribute to the national purse?
I've given you that as a Home Work.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by tophempire: 7:45pm On Mar 12
IF THIS IS NOT FOOLISHNESS THEN I DONT KNOW ANOTHER NAME FOR IT.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by jimts(m): 7:54pm On Mar 12
Let's do the analysis to know if this good spending

₦6.7B spent on 18,400 orphans, that's ₦364,130 roughly..
Now, let's set a benchmark. The minimum wage for lowest salary earner in Nigeria is ₦30,000.
This implies that the orphans will receive in an amount that is equal to 12months salary of a minimum wage earner.

Deductions:
If a government has bluntly refused to increase minimum wage to ₦100k for workers who spend 24/30 days in a month working, what are the odds that they will willingly spend ₦360k om orphans that are almost non-existent as far as Nigeria's government is concerned?
Long story short, somebody go kolobi billions by the time all is said and done...Q.E.D.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Rejoice28(f): 8:02pm On Mar 12
Misplaced priority

Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by prophetfire: 8:04pm On Mar 12
ManirBK:
Good development
. Stealing activated. Governor and his boys will maga.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Kingrshd3: 8:07pm On Mar 12
Omihanifa:
Nigeria has a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

How can a state like sokoto spend that much to feed people when they can easily use that to fix water problem, build classroom, hospitals and provide other basic amenities.

If all these nonsense continues, nigeroa will never develop.

May God bless your generation 😊
Nigerians are block heads and filled their brains with religion..

And it's really giving us set back 😔
And yet we are still underdeveloped .

Even India that don't understand christain or Muslim are far better than Nigeria
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by YouAreNobody: 8:09pm On Mar 12
Angelfrost:
I'm very sure I have never heard of any Southern state using or claiming to need billions to feed kids during Lent (fasting)...!

The only difference between corruption under APC and under PDP is the style and approach.

PDP stole and misappropriated funds secretly, leaving citizens to find out from whistle blowers.

APC, on the other hand, don't even bother hiding a damn thing... They do what they like with the sure knowledge that the suffering masses will be too divided to raise a fuss.
true talk
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by zikodem(m): 8:14pm On Mar 12
Nonsense, using government money for religious purpose
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by ehsan55p: 8:20pm On Mar 12
But they spend them on Churches?? What difference does it make. Stop the hypocrisy please. The only reason to complain is Inflated figures for it is Very Right to feed the poor.But they spend them on Churches?? What difference does it make. Stop the hypocrisy please. The only reason to complain is Inflated figures for it is Very Right to feed the poor....
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by Dbegining: 8:23pm On Mar 12
Emu4life:

Others spend on Churches. Stop telling people what to do with thier Money

No1. Is that the government doesn't have any business with religion. It's a personal service to a person and his God. E it church or mosque, Muslim or Christians.

No.2. is that can that money also be used fir christians? Can the sokoto state government also extend that programme of feeding people irrespective of their religion?
No. 3. Is did you see Rivers state government ding this kind of thing even in this lent season?

No.4 is telling a citizen of Nigeria not to tell a state in Nigeria not to do with money has to be a joke. Cause apart from thr fact that these states do not generate the revenue used to run the state but depend from the federal government which belongs to all Nigerians just shows that you don't even know what you're saying. I mean state government takes 50% of VAT generated from the country, irrespective of the state.
No.5 is what do you think is the responsibility of the government? Feeding People for a month or empowering people to feed themselves as long as they live? Oga, the government is not a philanthropist organization. It's for the long term betterment of the lives of the citizenry.

Don't reply. Some things are for you to read and learn. This is one of them.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by lexy2014: 8:40pm On Mar 12
Emu4life:

I owe you no explanation Sir

do you owe me these comments?

Emu4life:
The hypocrites and woke beings condemning this gesture are simply stewpid. It is not an aberration for any Government to feed its poor population especially during a sacred Month like Ramadan.

What you should complain of is implementation and budget inflation. Stop being unnecessarily woke please.
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by xtian110: 8:47pm On Mar 12
Wicked world

Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by GenFunction: 8:51pm On Mar 12
Emu4life:

How is that your problem?
it can neva be my problem,if dem like dey shud use all their allocatn to buy shit.na u wan talk off point i use am guide u so u dnt go astray And uninformed
Re: Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding by GenFunction: 8:52pm On Mar 12
Emu4life:
You are entitled to your opinion.
mttchew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDLEA Plots To Abduct Me, Kashamu Cries Out / Hadiza Bala Usman Visits Ali, Comptroller General Of Customs / FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.