Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value (6938 Views)

Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) / House Of Reps Wants New Number Plate Project Halted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by rolchi(m): 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
musawisdom:

Don't 4get electricity wil be charged double next year. Removal of fuel subsidy, new number plate. I think it is time to group some militant in southwest to terrorise this jonathan system of oppressing masses govt

grin  grin  grin Today, I become General Rolchi  wink wink wink   smiley  smiley  smiley
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by baslone: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2011
sweet9ja:

We want worldclass facilities, then we must be ready to pay for them, nothing is for free.
In most western countries more than 50% of personal incomes go to different kind taxes.
Nigerians welcome to the 21st century.

My parents have been paying for it ever before I was born and thankfully I can see the worldclass facilities.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by sweet9ja: 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2011
la furia:

, but those western countries have simple basic amenities like good road, power, stable water supple, good govt sch, etc. When it comes 2 exploitin nigerians, we compare ourselves wt western nations but wen it comes 2 providing amenities, we say nigeria is nt western countries. Smh.
I do understand you, but we cannot afford to be cynical.
Nigeria was better economically than many east European countries, but in the last two decades following the defeat of communism, they've really bounced back. Those governments didn't archieve their current status by taking populist decisions, but by implementing painful economic policies, that sometimes seems inhumane.
We must accept that in the race to modernise Nigeria, there are going to be a lot of painful decision taken by our governments.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by Ess: 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
musawisdom:

Don't 4get electricity wil be charged double next year. Removal of fuel subsidy, new number plate. I think it is time to group some militant in southwest to terrorise this jonathan system of oppressing masses govt
Dont forget introduction of toll gate and steady increase of university fees,
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by crackhouse(m): 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2011
The question would have been what is the importance and economic value to the initiators of the new number plate and the answer is constant smile to the bank. A lot of people are on queue to collect their own percentage, that's why they supported it.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by rickadon(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
Shut up your dirty mouth and stop comparing Nigeria with western countries.Do we earn wages that equals that of western countries?
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by lightest(m): 3:57pm On Nov 15, 2011
this is a gross ripping of our hard earn money. seem most of you here are not aware of the number plate. know this it will be renewed every three years. lets us think atleast with nairaland, facebook, twitter and so many we can tell them we don't want
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by tlops(m): 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
they changed currency last year, this year na plate number, next year it will be change of name. gOODLUCK JONATHAN to you all!
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by musawisdom(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
@general rolchi, are you ready to submit everything for d betament of naija. Dn i'm glad revolutn wanna take place. These looters wil smel hell
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by walebilewu: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
Everybody shout Halleluia 7times!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shout Halleluia 7times!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shout a big Halleluia 7times!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shout Alhamudullahi 7times!!!!!!!
Shout Alhamudullahi 7times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop all arguments and all abuse,the house of reps has just suspended the new introduction of the new plates no
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by begwong: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
thank you hon.members for suspending the issuance of the new plate number.the cost is damn outrageous some say 35k anoda version say 40k. imagine all above the minimum wage!!!
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by mustspin: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
walebilewu:

Everybody shout Halleluia 7times!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shout Halleluia 7times!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shout a big Halleluia 7times!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shout Alhamudullahi 7times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop all arguments and all abuse,the house of reps has just suspended the new introduction of the new plates no
bros what is d source of this ur news
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by Skipfr(m): 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
Is this d problem we hv in Naija?
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by walebilewu: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2011
Just watch channel news at ten tonight and you will get the full gist
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by runsgirl: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
Number plate suspended
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2011
thank God. brainless frsc people, i wonder when they would merge them with the traffic section of the Nigerian police.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by mygee33(m): 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
My predictions……
Later, the house of reps or their bros will set up a comittee to investigate and report back within 2 weeks. You know the rest
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by mygee33(m): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
Come to think of it, there is no differnce with the old one. The same plate, same number of letters except "de first shall be the last" was applied.

Is it actually suspended??
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by Wadosky(m): 12:40am On Nov 16, 2011
Let the idiotic government pay for it ,ok they are also removing subsidy from dat one?
One day shall be one day
Jonathans government with stupid reforms without feeling the poor mans pulse
Government stealing from their own people
Terrible,terrible
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by group507(m): 9:28am On Nov 16, 2011
Now how do we get plate old or new?

I have tipper that I have been trying to register in Lagos now for than 4 weeks.

Pls help !
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by walcolm(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2011
sweet9ja:

We want worldclass facilities, then we must be ready to pay for them, nothing is for free.
In most western countries more than 50% of personal incomes go to different kind taxes.
Nigerians welcome to the 21st century.

have u been to Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman? they have out-of-this world class facility and pay no taxes. oh they are oil producing countries like Nigeria in case you're wondering
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by sweet9ja: 6:38pm On Nov 17, 2011
walcolm:

have u been to Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman? they have out-of-this world class facility and pay no taxes. oh they are oil producing countries like Nigeria in case you're wondering
Compare the total population of those countries to that of Nigeria. When you're done, check how much money they make from oil export, compare that again to what Nigeria makes. See if your comparism is fair.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Crashes His Bentley In Lekki Area Of Lagos (photos) / Urgent Advice Needed: Choice Between 1999 & 2001 Mercedes Benz C Class. / Siena: Please Read VW Jetta Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.