Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari (12537 Views)

Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash / Mele Kyari Biography, Profile, Age Of NNPC GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Islie: 10:06pm On Mar 14
The Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kyari, has said the Port Harcourt refinery will commence operations in two…

The Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kyari, has said the Port Harcourt refinery will commence operations in two weeks time.

Kyari, who appeared before Senate ad-hoc committee investigating the various Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) Projects of the Nigerian Refineries, said over 450, 000 barrels of oil had been stocked into the Port Harcourt refinery.

In an interview with newsmen after briefing the senators, Kyari said the mechanical works have been completed on the Port Harcourt, Warri, and Kaduna refineries, stressing that the Kaduna refinery would commence operations in December this year.

He said, “We are serving this country with honour and dignity. And we will make sure that the promises we make on the rehabilitation of this refineries will take place.

“We did a mechanical completion of the refinery that was what we said in December. We now have crude oil already stocked in the refinery. We are doing regulartory compliance test that must happen in every refinery before you start it, and I assure you that this Port Harcourt refinery will start in the next two week..

“Completing the mechanical work means that you are done with the rehabilitation work, now you have to test to see how it works. Of course, we have also completed the mechanical work on Warri refinery. It is also undergoing regulatory compliance; processes that we are doing with our regulator, and this will soon be completed and it will be ready.

“Kaduna refinery will be ready by December. We have not reached that stage in Kaduna, but we promise Kaduna will be delivered by December.

“Lastly, all the crude lines supplying crude to Port Harcourt and Warri are very active and we have delivered over 450, 000 barrels of oil into Port Harcourt refinery. We are confident of integrity of it. There may be security issues, but government is responding to that.”

On his part, chairman of the committee, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah (APC, Anambra South), said, the next step is for the committee to visit the refineries to ascertain the level of work done.

https://dailytrust.com/p-harcourt-refinery-will-kickstart-operations-in-two-weeks-mele-kyari/

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by StOla: 10:08pm On Mar 14
If this does not happen, then this man must be sacked.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Namaster: 10:10pm On Mar 14
By now, one would think Nigerian politicians and their cronies would have learned to stop giving timeframes to launch or complete a project.

Knowing Nigeria, the project may still be postponed indefinitely.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Chicagograduate(m): 10:15pm On Mar 14
Has it not started refining petroleum?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Paraman: 10:26pm On Mar 14
For him to tell the senators this, that means they might start selling in two weeks time

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by kcprince: 10:30pm On Mar 14
Do it, then tell us what you did when it starts working. We are tired of promises and assurances that don’t come through.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by budaatum: 10:34pm On Mar 14
Paraman:
For him to tell the senators this, that means they might start selling in two weeks time

There is no way he could be telling them lies?

Guess my place is booked. 2 weeks soon pass.

2 Likes

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by SoNature(m): 10:37pm On Mar 14
Dear Mele Kyari,

How about you just stfu and tell us that the refinery has refined the first batch of one million barrels of crude oil?

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Paraman: 10:39pm On Mar 14
budaatum:

There is no way he could be telling them lies?

Guess my place is booked. 2 weeks soon pass.
I don't think he's lying.

1 Like

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by budaatum: 10:41pm On Mar 14
Paraman:
I don't think he's lying.

I don't know if he's lying. What I do know is I'll find out in two weeks.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by GodHimself: 10:51pm On Mar 14
Practicing positive confessions.

Islie:

The Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kyari, has said the Port Harcourt refinery will commence operations in two…

https://dailytrust.com/p-harcourt-refinery-will-kickstart-operations-in-two-weeks-mele-kyari/

Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Sangoamadioha1: 10:56pm On Mar 14
GodHimself:
Practicing positive confessions.

With Nigerian politicians, it is very difficult having faith in them. Fingers crossed 🤞
Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by EmiloCorn: 11:06pm On Mar 14
My oga is working cool

Very soon dangote will stop selling his own and leave us to buy small too. Then dollar will go down and price of food will stabilise wink

Just remain calm, patient and hungry . . . For highest another 8 years undecided

9 Likes

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Paraman: 11:14pm On Mar 14
budaatum:

sure but I still believe he's saying the truth
Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by rinzaugustine: 11:16pm On Mar 14
From December last year date to now 2 weeks. I hope it’s not another dangote refinery April fool on Nigerians

20 Likes

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by rayvelez(m): 11:23pm On Mar 14
This unfortunate werey again
Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Emman08: 1:29am On Mar 15
But they said it would be by end of 2023 🤣

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by finallybusy: 1:33am On Mar 15
Whether e work, whether e no work, e no concern me.

3 Likes

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Jlow2: 1:37am On Mar 15
What does it change? More looting and suffering for common man
Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by completeskills: 1:38am On Mar 15
This will be nice if true. You don't know when to believe them again because they are always making promises they can not keep

1 Like

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by slaawomirr: 1:39am On Mar 15
Damnnn niggar
Bunch of miscreants

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Lincton: 1:39am On Mar 15
So many dates have been issued as deadline before now

2 Likes

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Lexusgs430: 1:39am On Mar 15
Another story o .......😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Gossiphub: 1:41am On Mar 15
Paraman:
sure but I still believe he's saying the truth

Sharrap please.

Your student loan kickstart that you boasted would be on Thursday is now postponed indefinitely.

Stop this high level of sychophancy for your mental health.

18 Likes

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by osuolale95(m): 1:42am On Mar 15
I wonder when all this will be true
Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:46am On Mar 15
budaatum:

😆 Budaa!!!
Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by NaijaCover(m): 1:50am On Mar 15
Following The Thread
Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Amudeneogu: 1:57am On Mar 15
How many times of this promise failed are you sure that these people came for a serious business

2 Likes

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Ofodirinwa: 2:17am On Mar 15
NNPC = Money laundering

4 Likes

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by khattab02: 2:23am On Mar 15
StOla:
If this does not happen, then this man must be sacked.
I stand with u

This our man has been misfiring since Buhari man
Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by Badgers14: 2:23am On Mar 15
grin

1 Like

Re: P/Harcourt Refinery Will Kickstart Operations In Two Weeks – Mele Kyari by meum: 2:23am On Mar 15
Another date😂😂

Oga Kyari, two weeks na end of March. I hope you know?

Na March 31 dem go know how far

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire / Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.