Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire (12549 Views)

Ngige, A Political Goat Taunting The Lion Of Burdillon / So Called Lockdown Will Backfire / IPOB Supporters Donate Cow Named ‘Buhari’ To Nnamdi Kanu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Chigboboss: 10:41am On May 29, 2017
I'm not a coward or pacifist (as called by some ignorant brothers) but a REALIST. Stop the UNNECESSARY taunts towards the North and ponder on the following;

Can we match the northern controlled Army, Air-force and Navy?

Do we have any arms or weapons stockpiled for any eventuality?

Do you know 99% of Nigeria's military establishments and armories are in the same north you are bragging against?

Are the IGBOS in the north not 15x the number of northerners in our homeland so would suffer the hardest blow?

Do you want millions of our kinsmen dead again because of pride that will take us nowhere?

Do we have the US/UK as allies like the north? Did you see what they used their US/UK influence to do to poor Jonathan?

Did your father experience the war and tell you of the horror they survived?

Returning fire for fire is not by sitting and punching sentences on your keyboard. Stop letting your fingers write cheques that your skin cannot cash. I am a PROUD IGBO man that fears nobody but I am smart enough to know my limits.

I implore all REASONABLE brethren to storm social media and debunk the "Cow named Buhari" tale and I implore my IPOB brothers to shelve the slaughtering of that cow because it is hugely SYMBOLIC. Nobody is saying cower and fear the northerners (Tufia!) but stop the unnecessary taunting.

I have lived long enough on earth to know how to pick my battles wisely. A word is enough for the wise.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by ayindejimmy(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2017
After 1979 presidential elections which shagari won, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe complained that he was rigged out...and Dr Chuba Okadigbo as Political Adviser to Shagari said Zik's complaint was a ranting of an ant....in 1981, Okadigbo, Collins Obi, K.O. Mbadiwe and others announced that Zik was dead...Find below DR. NNAMDI AZIKIWE response TO DR. CHUBA OKADIGBO...and it came to pass....
“My boy, may you live to your full potential, ascend to a dizzy height as is possible for anyone of your political description in your era to rise. May you be acknowledged world-wide as you rise as an eagle atop trees, float among the clouds, preside over the affairs of fellow men…. as leaders of all countries pour into Nigeria to breathe into her ear.
But then, Chuba, if it is not the tradition of our people that elders are roundly insulted by young men of the world, as you have unjustly done to me, may your reign come to an abrupt and shattering close. As you look ahead, Chuba, as you see the horizon, dedicating a great marble palace that is the envy of the world, toasted by the most powerful men in the land, may the great big hand snatch it away from you. Just as you look forward to hosting the world’s most powerful leader and shaking his hands, as you begin to smell the recognition and leadership of the Igbo people, may the crown fall off your head and your political head fall off your shoulders.
None of my words will come to pass, Chuba, until you have risen to the very height of your power and glory and health, but then you will be hounded and humiliated and disgraced out of office, your credibility and your name in tatters forever…” copied.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Trut(m): 10:56am On May 29, 2017
Nigga, according to the news in circulation, the writer used the word "allegedly", he or she is not certain whether they called the cow Buhari. They didn't write Buhari in the body of the cow given to NK. So why given yourself headache for propaganda?

16 Likes

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Chigboboss: 10:59am On May 29, 2017
Please Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticlala let this reach a wider audience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Nobody: 10:59am On May 29, 2017
if you're scared go to church..

no be today nigeria became a nation.. and bet you.

We've seen it all..

don't think anybody is scared of anybody.. again!

12 Likes

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by IgboSubmarine: 10:59am On May 29, 2017
If the North has any iota of honour, they will agree to disintegration since it is clear that the love has gone

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Splashme: 11:00am On May 29, 2017
The caricature was meant to mock the President of Nigeria unless you mean Buhari is only President of the North

8 Likes

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Nobody: 11:01am On May 29, 2017
God bless the OP for telling his brothers the truth. The whole nation is watching how igbos are misbehaving but the igbos can't see that ordinary Nigerians are angry and loathe the igbo. A word is enough for the wise. Igbos should caution themselves.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by IgboSubmarine: 11:02am On May 29, 2017
Alcatraz005:
God bless the OP for telling his brothers the truth. The whole nation is watching how igbos are misbehaving but the igbos can't see that ordinary Nigerians are angry and loathe the igbo. A word is enough for the wise. Igbos should caution themselves.

Are you not tired of living with people who are fed up with you

If Nigerians have any iota of honor and pride, they will conduct referendum and let the Biafrans be

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Chigboboss: 11:04am On May 29, 2017
Trut:
Nigga, according to the news in circulation, the writer used the word "allegedly", he or she is not certain whether they called the cow Buhari. They didn't write Buhari in the body of the cow given to NK. So why given yourself headache for propaganda?

The responses on that thread are read by millions (and will be shared on other social media platforms) and the statements were largely provocative, especially as accompanied by the photos of the Youths with the Cow and Nnamdi Kanu. What you call propaganda appears as facts and we know the enemy will not take time to differentiate the two before unleashing their wrath. If it is propaganda as you claimed, I call on my brethren to DEBUNK the tale and present it as the propaganda it is, instead of taunting the Northerners who are watching closely.

Cc: Abagworo

15 Likes

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by IgboSubmarine: 11:04am On May 29, 2017
It is so shameful that Nigerians are begging for unity
Very disgusting

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 11:06am On May 29, 2017
Buhari is a bastard cow vegetable monkey ...afonja go and die bloody cowards grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by TheFreeOne: 11:07am On May 29, 2017
The last time Buhari returned from London some northerners boldly wrote baba oyoyo Buhari on a cow so why the fuss about this story that sounds concocted to cause crisis

I do not believe that was the motive of those who gave the cow to kanu.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2017
IGBOS BE CAREFUL
IGBOS BE CAREFUL
IGBOS BE CAREFUL

HMMM IGBOS BE CAREFUL

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Jabioro: 11:08am On May 29, 2017
ayindejimmy:
After 1979 presidential elections which shagari won, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe complained that he was rigged out...and Dr Chuba Okadigbo as Political Adviser to Shagari said Zik's complaint was a ranting of an ant....in 1981, Okadigbo, Collins Obi, K.O. Mbadiwe and others announced that Zik was dead...Find below DR. NNAMDI AZIKIWE response TO DR. CHUBA OKADIGBO...and it came to pass....
“My boy, may you live to your full potential, ascend to a dizzy height as is possible for anyone of your political description in your era to rise. May you be acknowledged world-wide as you rise as an eagle atop trees, float among the clouds, preside over the affairs of fellow men…. as leaders of all countries pour into Nigeria to breathe into her ear.
But then, Chuba, if it is not the tradition of our people that elders are roundly insulted by young men of the world, as you have unjustly done to me, may your reign come to an abrupt and shattering close. As you look ahead, Chuba, as you see the horizon, dedicating a great marble palace that is the envy of the world, toasted by the most powerful men in the land, may the great big hand snatch it away from you. Just as you look forward to hosting the world’s most powerful leader and shaking his hands, as you begin to smell the recognition and leadership of the Igbo people, may the crown fall off your head and your political head fall off your shoulders.
None of my words will come to pass, Chuba, until you have risen to the very height of your power and glory and health, but then you will be hounded and humiliated and disgraced out of office, your credibility and your name in tatters forever…” copied.
This is where you know the elder teeth that broke the kolanut.. and eventually come to pass.. I am a living witnessed..

3 Likes

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Chigboboss: 11:09am On May 29, 2017
Brugge:
The op is a very stupid man.

How does calling a cow Buhari translate to taunting the North?

Is Buhari the president of the North or the president of Nigeria ( which as at today Nigeria include the SE region) ?

This is democracy and freedom of speech is one of the benefits of democracy and moreover, is the name Buhari reserved only for the president?

Why didn't you create the same post when "grown" men from both SW and North were calling our former president unprintable names?

Please stop being an idiot and stop heating up the polity.

Splashme:
The caricature was meant to mock the President of Nigeria unless you mean Buhari is only President of the North

I will ignore the insults because it is only indicative of your infancy, background and upbringing.

The President is a northerner and highly revered in the North so making a tasteless caricature accompanied by social media taunting is highly provocative and likely to backfire.

We are clearly and obviously unable to defend ourselves against the northern military and her foreign allies so this is a very SELF-DESTRUCTIVE path we are taking.

20 Likes

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by ayindejimmy(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2017
Chigboboss:

Great story but whats your point?
My point is in the greatness of the story
Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2017
IGBOS BE CAREFUL
EVEN THE BIBLE SAID " FEAR NORTH "
IGBOS WATCH IT.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Nobody: 11:12am On May 29, 2017
Jabioro:
This is where you know the elder teeth that broke the kolanut.. and eventually come to pass.. I am a living witnessed..

Africans and their archaic mentality. So all the people that opposed and cursed Obama would invariable met an untimely end? I am sure you are aware of the heat GB took after the Iraqi war and also the heat that Hilary took as well as what Trump is passing through.

Ooh I forgot all those curses and blessings from elders are only effective in African. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Nobody: 11:13am On May 29, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:
IGBOS BE CAREFUL

IGBOS BE CAREFUL

IGBOS BE CAREFUL

HMMM IGBOS BE CAREFUL
go and deal with religious extremism in ur region first bfor u start foaming from the mouth because of igbos matter.
for ur info i am a nigerdeltan

12 Likes

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Nobody: 11:13am On May 29, 2017
The atmosphere is really getting charged by the day. The OP might not realise he is inadvertently providing and an alibi for a violent reaction from the north. I wish we can stick to facts and issues but there should not be any reason for a violent reaction from the north owing to the caricature made of Buhari by representing him with a cow. I don't support it but it should not bring any violent response.

But we have been killed in the north when apparently, there was not provocation. The north is well known to do whatever they wanted without any concern or consideration for anyone. Why should we live in fear of what consequences will come from the north? We need to overcome this fear of violence from the north because it is the reason for the endless domination and oppression. They the Hausa and Yoruba we know today will take oppression from no one. We should all recall how the Yoruba fought gallantly against oppression which manifested in the Abiola stolen mandate. They fought it and never accepted defeat until even the northerners agreed to cede power to a Yoruba to calm the political climate. If the Jews were scared about violence they will not be strong today. What we need is consistency and unity of purpose.

Anyone expecting the Yoruba or Hausa / Fulani to give up the juicy position they are enjoying today without a fight is living in a world of make believe. They themselves can’t believe the Igbo can take this level oppression without adequate response. That is where we must rally behind Nnamdi Kanu such that we get the oppressors to negotiate or we follow the route for complete excision from Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Alcatraz005:

You are an idiot! The Yorubas have told u to get out of their land and have your utopian Biafra countless times but you all have sat down tight to enjoy the goodies of Yoruba land while insulting us at the same time. We are not begging you to stay. Initiate the proper mechanisms to trigger a referendum and you can have your country.

Yeah, it was evident in Osibanjo's speech during the "Biafra: 50 years after". clown. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by joeyfire(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2017
OP what are the repercussions for other tribes who for fun upload pictures of naked, dead or starving Igbo civil war babies for fun on NL

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Naijiant: 11:14am On May 29, 2017
Chigboboss:
I'm not a coward or pacifist (as called by some ignorant brothers) but a REALIST. Stop the UNNECESSARY taunts towards the North and ponder on the following;

Can we match the northern controlled Army, Air-force and Navy?

Do we have any arms or weapons stockpiled for any eventuality?

Do you know 99% of Nigeria's military establishments and armories are in the same north you are bragging against?

Are the IGBOS in the north not 15x the number of northerners in our homeland so would suffer the hardest blow?

Do you want millions of our kinsmen dead again because of pride that will take us nowhere?

Do we have the US/UK as allies like the north? Did you see what they used their US/UK influence to do to poor Jonathan?

Did your father experience the war and tell you of the horror they survived? Do you know up till now my mother is traumatized whenever war is mentioned?

Returning fire for fire is not by sitting and punching sentences on your keyboard. Stop letting your fingers write cheques that your skin cannot cash. I am a PROUD IGBO man that fears nobody but I am smart enough to know my limits.

I implore all REASONABLE brethren to storm social media and debunk the "Cow named Buhari" tale and I implore my IPOB brothers to shelve the slaughtering of that cow because it is hugely SYMBOLIC. Nobody is saying cower and fear the northerners (Tufia!) but stop the unnecessary taunting.

I have lived long enough on earth to know how to pick my battles wisely. A word is enough for the wise.
Very stupid post. A few people naming a cow "Buhari" doesn't mean all Igbos are taunting the "north". Buhari is only one person and the only person being taunted by having a cow named after him, and you should not condemn all Igbos for the actions of a few. Think b/4 you post.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 11:14am On May 29, 2017
Alcatraz005:

You are an idiot! The Yorubas have told u to get out of their land and have your utopian Biafra countless times but you all have sat down tight to enjoy the goodies of Yoruba land while insulting us at the same time. We are not begging you to stay. Initiate the proper mechanisms to trigger a referendum and you can have your country.
we are not going anywhere lagos is a no mans land,cry till enternity igbo man coming to buy your fathers house and send you packing to osogbo cry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Nobody: 11:17am On May 29, 2017
Brugge:

Yeah, it was evident in Osibanjo's speech during the "Biafra: 50 years after". clown. grin grin

What do you expect an Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to say? Are you igbos this daft? Do you think osibanjo as a Yoruba man naturally likes the igbo people and culture?

Needless engaging you lot I swear.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by wristbangle: 11:18am On May 29, 2017
Great write up OP but they won't heed to your advice

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Nobody: 11:21am On May 29, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
we are not going anywhere lagos is a no mans land,cry till enternity igbo man coming to buy your fathers house and send you packing to osogbo cry

Then you continue your servitude to the sons and daughters of oduduwa. About selling my compound to an igbo, in my family, we don't even rent property to igbos not to talk of selling our family house to them. Do you think Yorubas are that poor? We have made billions of dollars from igbo taxes and Igbos provide cheap labor for the sons and daughters of oduduwa. Continue chest beating that you are buying yorubaland while neglecting your erosion ravaged region you hear? Continue.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Chigboboss: 11:22am On May 29, 2017
joeyfire:
OP what are the repercussions for other tribes who for fun upload pictures of naked, dead or starving Igbo civil war babies for fun on NL

That is tasteless and uncivil but should serve as a reminder of the consequences of going into a war unprepared. Two wrongs have never made a right.
Re: Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire by Nobody: 11:22am On May 29, 2017
Chigboboss:

I will ignore the insults because it is only indicative of your infancy, background and upbringing.

The President is a northerner and highly revered in the North so making a tasteless caricature accompanied by social media taunting is highly provocative and likely to backfire.

We are clearly and obviously unable to defend ourselves against the northern military and her foreign allies so this is a very SELF-DESTRUCTIVE path we are taking.

Meanwhile before I go on to respond to you, I have to remind you that non of the trash you wrote above answered the questions I asked you.

You will ignore my insult but you went ahead to remind me of "my infancy, background and upbringing". I wonder how you are still alive.

Yes the president is from the north, but common sense should have told you that Buhari presidency supersedes his loyalty to the north. As at today based on Nigeria constitution and all that is just, Buhari is first the president of Nigeria before being described as a northern.

It is cowards like you that allow the north to keep perpetuating their violence tendencies since idiots like you out of fear will always find reason to justify their actions.

As at today this country belongs to all of us and Buhari is the president of everyone: stop being an idiot wake up and understand your rights first as human being and secondly as a citizen of this country.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Denied Being Placed On Hold By The President During 2016 Nimbo Crisis / Anambra: Voting Continues Today As System Failure Mars Election / Falana: Lagos Parking Levy Illegal, Should Be Withdrawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.