Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri (23418 Views)

Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected / Tension Comes In As GLO Now Charges N16 Per Sms / Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by AnonPoet: 5:52pm On Mar 15
From a National Security perspective, what would have happened to Nigeria yesterday and today if we did not have Glo to rely on? MTN, Airtel and 9Mobile went off the air. They were down. And the reason they were down is because their infrastructure is not tailor-made for Nigeria. That is why the sabotage, allegedly by the Houthi rebels, affected them.

But why did it not affect Glo? Because their commitment level to Nigeria is not as strong as Glo's.

Globacom was the first African telecom company to build an intercontinental submarine cable, the Glo 1 cable, which ran from Bude, a seaside rural town in north Cornwall, England and traversed seventeen countries, including Ghana, before terminating in Nigeria.

By going from Europe to the West Coast of Africa, it avoids the more turbulent but cheaper to maintain MENA region (Middle-East and North Africa).

Contrast that with MTN. They did not build from scratch. They came into Nigeria by scavenging on another telco. Their purpose is to suck Nigeria dry and repatriate money made in Nigeria to South Africa. Is Airtel any better? Yesterday answered that question.

Let me ask Nigerians a question: With all the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa, how much has MTN spent to educate our Black South African brothers to be more tolerant to their fellow brother Black Africans, which they derogatorily call 'makwerekwere'? Nothing. Did they provide a plane when Nigerians were running away from xenophobia in South Africa? No. I helped arranged free airlifts for those willing to return home. Let MTN tell us what they did.

So, let this Red Sea Cable sabotage open the eyes of our National Security architecture. If all we had to rely on were MTN, Airtel and 9Mobile, Nigeria would have been toast. And imagine that we were fighting a real war. Can we rely on undersea cables that could be turned off from South Africa and India? What happened in Niger after their quarrel with France? France turned off their satellite communications.

This has been the rationale behind my #GrowNairaBuyNaija campaign. We saw how DSTV had a 'blackout' when Nwabali saved goals for Nigeria against South Africa. Nigerians must control Nigeria's cable and satellite infrastructure, or we are not really an independent country.

Reno Omokri

136 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Cantonese: 5:56pm On Mar 15
No sense in this at all.

If MTN and Airtel are not Nigerian, what about 9mobile? How did he avoid 9mobile?

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by 123yes(m): 6:01pm On Mar 15
Glo has been there to save Nigerians from MTN and their evil capitalist tendencies. Glo Brought down prices of SIM card then from over ₦50k to ₦6.5k immediately they started and start seconds billing two days after they started which MTN claims that it will take them another 2 years to start seconds billing. The only problem Nigerians runs from GLO is their slow internet connection. If they can improve on that sky is their limits and bye bye to other services providers operating here in Nigeria

277 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by CTee1: 6:09pm On Mar 15
Ok
Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by psalmskiddy(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15
My MTN is still serving me

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by datola: 6:10pm On Mar 15
Reno has come again for MTN

4 Likes

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Anijay1212(m): 6:11pm On Mar 15
Nigeria as a country has never been truely independent.
Our economy, religion, culture, education and more is tied to the apron strings of the western countries .
Mr Reno i am with you on this.
angry angry

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by id4sho(m): 6:12pm On Mar 15
tongue
Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by vibemad007: 6:13pm On Mar 15
Sense left this man years ago.
A typical example of age has nothing to do with wisdom

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Fryx: 6:13pm On Mar 15
Even though Glo is not affected. MTN and Airtel still has more speed than them.

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Chetas81(m): 6:13pm On Mar 15
THE GLO NETWORK DESCRIBED WHO ARE THE NIGERIAN CITIZENS

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by ednut1(m): 6:13pm On Mar 15
Coming from a clown whose first family are in the USA and his second family in UK.

246 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Greenfusion: 6:14pm On Mar 15
Thus one wen nor dey 9ja dey talk of committed network for nigeria.....abeg is 9mobile nigerian owned?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Mayeldah(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15
Dis Reno and MTN quarrel, e be like say na Putin or Donald Trump go settle am.

Guy make small sense sha!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Santana1(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15
I have 3 sim cards.. so whatever shit mtn is doing is not my business. Their data are costly and don't last nowadays.. I'll advice people to try other sims as well

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by AnietiePictures: 6:15pm On Mar 15
Hasty conclusion

4 Likes

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by JuanDeDios: 6:15pm On Mar 15
Cantonese:
No sense in this at all.

If MTN and Airtel are not Nigerian, what about 9mobile? How did he avoid 9mobile?
What about 9mobile? Do they have good network since yesterday?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by JoshTim: 6:15pm On Mar 15
Can glo offer 20gig for 3k

126 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by winner37(m): 6:15pm On Mar 15
No be Reno matter I want put mouth ..
I was once his followers on Facebook but due to my interactions on almost all his posts when telling Nigerians not to be wearing or eating foreign stuff while himself is in Europe eating and wearing foreign stuff is that not act of depriving people from good life? he blocked me for pitching some bitter truth to him ...
That man ................I don't want to say it out ..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Jughead29: 6:16pm On Mar 15
MTN is so useless and fraudulent in it's services to Nigerians,

Imagine given bonus of 30gb because of huge recharge and then , when you open a single web page, 1gb is gone ha!!!!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by bobbybrown007: 6:16pm On Mar 15
His words sometimes are always foolish? Just like saying dangote cement is better just because it's been processed and produced in Nigeria, but you no that they don't have what the likes of mtn has. Have you ever wondered if glo really works in other countries? A proverb says , don't invest in a closed bar.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by inoki247: 6:16pm On Mar 15
Lol Dey Play....

Glo user no dey even complain about Network outage...

Have never seen on Glo user Status complain Abt dere Network bkuz dey don't even av network to complain Abt they don't av network to post and complain....

I don see on NL, Whatsapp Status, Twitter people complain about Airtel and MTN network....

Buh Glo user not having network is norm to Dem no be new thing they don't care Abt Network....

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by JuanDeDios: 6:16pm On Mar 15
JuanDeDios:

What about 9mobile? Do they have good network since yesterday?
What am I asking sef. 9mobile has a terrible network on the best of days.

4 Likes

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by olayinka63: 6:16pm On Mar 15
Some are true, but majority are tribalism. The cable cut is around Senegal and Abidjan. Is Houthis rebel operate around this region? NO. They operate at middle east. Reno should look for another talk.

9 Likes

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Bubu4Sea: 6:17pm On Mar 15
What is that fool Reno Rubbish Omokri saying now?

Let Druggie give him a job let's rest biko

5 Likes

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by nairalanda1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 15
Well,it wasn't MTN fault, and it certainly had nothing to do much with the events in Yemen.

Still, Mr Omokiri's point which is buy Nigeria, is well taken

10 Likes

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Almunjid(m): 6:17pm On Mar 15
My MTN internet connection is still very slow. My AIRTEL internet connection is even faster than MTN now.

4 Likes

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Carisayo: 6:18pm On Mar 15
123yes:
Glo has been there to save Nigerians from MTN and their evil capitalist tendencies. Glo Brought down prices of SIM card then from over ₦50k to ₦6.5k immediately they started and start seconds billing two days after they started which MTN claims that it will take them another 2 years to start seconds billing. The only problem Nigerians runs from GLO is their slow internet connection. If thoe can improve on that sky is their limits and bye bye to other services providers operating here in Nigeria

I use Glo as my internet and it is solid and cheaper compare to other network I use.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by Jughead29: 6:18pm On Mar 15
MTN is so useless and fraudulent in it's services to Nigerians, imagine given 30gb bonus because of huge recharge and then when you open a single web page 1gb is gone ha!!!!!

They need to pack and leave this country....#saybyetomtn

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri by mannobi(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15
If only glo could spend less on their celebrities and use that to strengthen their network. I would have preferred glo

31 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno N7 Is Officially Out / 7 Types Of Phone Users / Tecno WX4 Pro Complete Phone Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.