Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. (32465 Views)

How To Recover Your Money Back After Making A Wrong Transfer (tested) / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by 99thEnemy(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

LIGHT SUPERMARKET, that's the only information I have.
You have been blessed cool
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by seanery: 1:55pm On Mar 17
Spend am..., mk dem use Life tire u.

Happened to me also.
Needed money at when d alert wrongly came in; left with no choice than to spend it with hope i will return it back when d money i was expecting drops.
Omo, na so he choke me o...., no going forward, no going backwards.
The bank and d owner of d money worry my life.
They even inverted me to the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by atiku4President(m): 1:56pm On Mar 17
Gadafii:
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you
Stop this your fake righteousness, he won't spend the money. If he wanted to spend it, he wouldn't have brought it here. The problem with some of you that talk too much and offer unnecessary advice is that you are not better.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Pray(m): 1:58pm On Mar 17
Use am run weekend fess. During the week you go sort am.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Tochi360: 1:59pm On Mar 17
Illegal1:

omoh.........senior man abeg 4get long preaching,the matter no go anywere..

he go spend the money and notin go happen..las las he go tell them say he no dey receive alert,so he no knw wen money enter he acct..

dat supermarket get luck say nah good guy acct the money enter,if not..dat money nah bye bye...NO CASE.

Lol grin grin grin see as e just easy for your mouth,be like se You nor know se this thing wey We call wahala,na color riot e dey wear,wen he sup ehh,your mind go dey grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by kayswag100(m): 2:00pm On Mar 17
I'm sure you've seen recent posts from EFCC on X where ppl that spent money mistakenly sent to their accounts were displayed.

I know you know what you want to do already!!

1 Like

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Rumundele(m): 2:01pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

You will not get a call because its weekend, work resume tomorrow the owner will go to bank to complain, you will soon get call from tomorrow or next.
As for that money no look am again o, you can't even chop it, take note of that

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by BareFacedLies(m): 2:01pm On Mar 17
Leave the money as it is, hopedully the owner will contact you soon through your bank
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Treasure17(m): 2:01pm On Mar 17
Gadafii:
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you
cheesy grin
You are actually funny and mean. He said Incase you have strength for wahala.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by KingAfo(m): 2:02pm On Mar 17
kestolove95:
God Don answer ur prayer give ursef a treat
Poor mentality….
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by KingAzubuike(f): 2:02pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

You don't need to threaten him.
He can spend the money and get away with it.
He can claim he was also expecting transfers from other sources.

The only thing they can do is wait till he has enough to refund them (if at all he wants to)
Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details.
Nigerians too dey fear. All this talks of not spending money wrongfully paid into your account na bullshít. If you are smart and have a good lawyer, nothing will happen. They only prey on the weak and once they sense fear in you, they'll capitalise on it.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by greggng: 2:03pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

When i faced similar situation . This is what I did

I visited the nearest police station to report the situation . They documented it and gave me complain serial number which they adviced me to keep it very well . I was allowed to still keep the money till date nobodycame for it .

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Xplicit1(f): 2:03pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

I created this thread to know how to get the money back to the sender. Spending it is not on my agenda.

Thank you so much!

Better.

Go to ur bank on Monday to inform them. I guess they didn't call because they don't have ur phone number
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Serendipity2023: 2:03pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

I created this thread to know how to get the money back to the sender. Spending it is not on my agenda.

Thank you so much!

that's the best thing to do bro

Don't spend it.

And you have to report to bank in writing or report to the police so you won't be implicated in any fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Jlow2: 2:03pm On Mar 17
Make sure you send it back to the same account number that sent it To you, no matter the pressure don’t send back to a different account or return back in cash, never trust anyone, you can spend years in jail in Nigeria for being ignorant and too kind

6 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by bablon20(m): 2:04pm On Mar 17
How much is the money? Just asking for a friend.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by slimfit1(m): 2:06pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Report it to the police. Maybe its a money from kiddap before you end up in the hands of DSS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by GindoX(m): 2:07pm On Mar 17
Chai, your side chick quiet logged ya account, you come here con cast am.... baby men plenty for nairaland grin.... Just chill, the side chick go call.. grin
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by BigDawsNet: 2:08pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Go to the bank... they will take it out and return it...

It wills save you the stress of embarrassment from the police if they come looking for u

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by vowiski(m): 2:09pm On Mar 17
SporaD8:

Go to your bank on Monday, see the customer service desk. They will give you the account number of the sender and you can send the money back to sender.
Reject any spirit of greed especially if your account is link to BVN!!!

Na everything una Dey go bank for ..

No wonder the bank is always congested ..

If I was a customer care. He no get how I no go curse like 20 customers every day..

What you can do on your app, internet banking and via email .. Una go run go bank ..

I have not been to the bank for more than 2 years.. and everytime we dey get am hot.

Only hardware token for GTBANK would have taken me there .. I asked, can you ship it ? They said no..

I simply started using my Wema bank for everyday transactions.

No time.

@OP send a f*cking mail to your bank and this will be history ..

You run come nairaland, as if here na your bank ..

If you last 2secs na so you go run come nairaland still, Dey find solution. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by onadana: 2:10pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Make your eye no look am one Kain if not nah so one Kain you go see jail.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Chicagograduate(m): 2:10pm On Mar 17
talk2hb1:

The money is too small to be in authorities mess, because they will definitely come for you if the super market reported the transaction.
The sender go spend pass the amount.Bank wey customer go complain dem no go take action.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Useku(m): 2:11pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

The only thing they can do is wait till he has enough to refund them (if at all he wants to)
Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details.

Very wrong information !

Anyways, reconciliation will soon expose the wrongful credit,your account will be blocked for withdrawal,if your current phone number is what you have on your account, you would get a call from the bank,if the fund is huge,bank will involve efcc or the police.

Upon arrest,you will be asked to refund them asap or charged to court and jailed.

If you rough and the money gara,u suppose carry the raba fante and the rest go be history!
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by 9japride(m): 2:11pm On Mar 17
Illegal1:

omoh.........senior man abeg 4get long preaching,the matter no go anywere..

he go spend the money and notin go happen..las las he go tell them say he no dey receive alert,so he no knw wen money enter he acct..

dat supermarket get luck say nah good guy acct the money enter,if not..dat money nah bye bye...NO CASE.
[color=#006600][/color]

Una sabi push someone to fire, if he start having court case. Will you provide lawyers for him?
How about bailing him out from police detention?
It's unfortunate that most youth will die the money.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Chicagograduate(m): 2:14pm On Mar 17
BigDawsNet:

Go to the bank... they will take it out and return it...

It wills save you the stress of embarrassment from the police if they come looking for u
Nigeria police?
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Treasure17(m): 2:15pm On Mar 17
If it's just like 2k or 5k kind of money, I will say you should just look away pending when bank reached out to you or you discovered uninitiated deduction from your account. Cause it's not worth the stress except one of their branches is at your proximity.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Makunahatata: 2:15pm On Mar 17
Starboytwo:
Runaway

Do face surgery

Japa
lol untop how much
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Fuckyoumod: 2:15pm On Mar 17
Gadafii:

story... He needs commendation not this your CBN crap advice.

How many people done die for spending money that went into their accounts?

The man is obviously a good man, stop threatening him.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by nairalanda1(m): 2:15pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Contact your bank and inform them about the money.

If you spend out of that money, by the time they come for you wahala dey.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by blackgold2018(m): 2:15pm On Mar 17
kestolove95:
God Don answer ur prayer give ursef a treat
nope.. don't be heartless. It's someone private business.

Assuming it's a government enterprise. Then you can take it
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by AuthorMan: 2:16pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

God bless you.
I wonder how people will type good English like an educated fellow but with a reasoning like an illiterate.
God forbids what if the child of the receiver is on admission at the hospital and the money comes in at the right time. Na to buy drugs and pay hospital bill and then wait for the modafucka who will sue him for spending the money he found in his account.

All he will need to claim is he was expecting money from a friend, family member or a client.

The worst is to refund the money when he gets it.

Complete nonsense.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by 2shure: 2:16pm On Mar 17
Track my foot.someone paid 130k when I needed money the most last year November. It took me and the bike man just 3mins to pos.i lived like a king for 2days.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents / ₦‎1 Trillion Old Notes Received By CBN, Banks - Emefiele / MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.