Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. (32535 Views)

How To Recover Your Money Back After Making A Wrong Transfer (tested) / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Koldam2020: 3:28pm On Mar 17
Dis person is a good person, d day I mistakenly sent money to a wrong account, d guy withdraw d money immediately, I went to first bank to complain with d receipt and everything, Dey said dey have blocked d account, uptill now I have not seen my money back
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Exceed15: 4:01pm On Mar 17
Don't touch it bro. Trust mean is not even enough to make you.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by obaidan: 4:04pm On Mar 17
Goalnaldo:
Someone like me that is owing a loan of 40k, if 100k mistakenly enters my account and the 40k got deducted, will I be asked to refund it?
loooool.....omo God dun answer ur prayer be dat o
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by evesdon4u: 4:09pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

LIGHT SUPERMARKET, that's the only information I have.

This is an indication that your conscience is pricking you. All you need to do is to approach your bank with this complain and allow them to do the rest. Please don't take from that money...
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by mymadam(m): 4:17pm On Mar 17
advanceDNA:

U don't know what u are saying
💯
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Invest4growth: 4:52pm On Mar 17
Visit your branch or send an email to your relationship.officer. Be the first to complain. PND when placed on your account makes it suspicious for a long time even.after it has been removed
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by yewit37486: 4:54pm On Mar 17
Put yourself in the sender's shoes and ask what you would want OP to do.

FYI - If you are telling the OP to spend the money and you also criticise the government for being corrupt, just know you are a hypocrite.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by dNortherner(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

How much?
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by badoh(m): 4:58pm On Mar 17
kestolove95:
God Don answer ur prayer give ursef a treat
And you want a better Nigeria? Some of you are even worse than your leaders.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by badoh(m): 5:02pm On Mar 17
Kelklein:
Go to your bank on Monday and complain.. they would help reverse it..

Well done 👍🏼

What is rightfully yours would locate you this same way..
He doesn't need to show physically at his bank to reverse the transaction. A simple mail to contact centre of his bank directing them to reverse the transaction will suffice.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by millionboi2: 5:09pm On Mar 17
KingAzubuike:

Nigerians too dey fear. All this talks of not spending money wrongfully paid into your account na bullshít. If you are smart and have a good lawyer, nothing will happen. They only prey on the weak and once they sense fear in you, they'll capitalise on it.
is it your money that's the question.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by millionboi2: 5:10pm On Mar 17
greggng:

When i faced similar situation . This is what I did

I visited the nearest police station to report the situation . They documented it and gave me complain serial number which they adviced me to keep it very well . I was allowed to still keep the money till date nobodycame for it .
how much?
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by eeithis(m): 5:10pm On Mar 17
Eat it in the morning and beg for forgiveness in the evening God is a merciful God he will forgive you do this so that you will be among those that will enter the kingdom of God!!!

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Bishop(m): 5:12pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Report to your bank and don't wait for anybody to reach out to you.

The circumstances in which that money reach your account can be very delicate for you later.

Imagine a scenario where the money was transferred to your account at gun from the owner.You are in gbege soup.

I leave the rest for you.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by tunjijones(m): 5:12pm On Mar 17
fidelmarshal199:

Yeah, He will be waiting in the prison till the money is complete. You have a very myopic reasoning.

So if someone mistakenly put yam in my kitchen and I boil the yam and eat it, I have committed a crime punishable by law?

If he spends the money and the supermarket involves the police and the guy is invited, he will honour the invitation of the bank, he will tell them that he did not notice such money enter his account and he has been spending.

He will reach an agreement to be paying them back 5k monthly till he completes the payment. Case close. It's your responsibility to send money to the correct account not my responsibility to watch your money for you.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by blueAgent(m): 5:14pm On Mar 17
Illegal1:
omoh.........i no knw y all dis kind wrong transfer no dey ever see my acct enter.

i wn jst check if i be honest nigerian or not.

Who one do that kind mistake with username like that your own." illegal" grin grin grin
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Allymosh: 5:26pm On Mar 17
[color=#550000][/color]
GreatVocalist:

I mistakenly sent 600k to UBA wrong account, upon gotten Court order for reversal that person have withdrew 256,000 out of that money and stop using that account

I approached the bank, I was told that untill he received fund into that account nothing they can do to it

Pls I need advice from Nairalander.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Kelklein(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17
badoh:

He doesn't need to show physically at his bank to reverse the transaction. A simple mail to contact centre of his bank directing them to reverse the transaction will suffice.
that's true
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Goalnaldo(m): 5:37pm On Mar 17
Shikena:
You don't have any problem. The bank and the police in Nigeria are very understanding grin

This made me laugh 😂 sarcasm at it's finest
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by lekonso: 5:56pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

You don't need to threaten him.
He can spend the money and get away with it.
He can claim he was also expecting transfers from other sources.

The only thing they can do is wait till he has enough to refund them (if at all he wants to)
Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details.
If he is expecting money from other sources, is it an excuse for not finding out the source of a money received into your account before beginning to spend from it?
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by olowolekan(m): 6:03pm On Mar 17
Don't touch the money and have peace!
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by greggng: 6:06pm On Mar 17
millionboi2:
how much?

You wan come carry am from.me? E no go easy o
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by berrystunn(m): 6:10pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Go to the police station and make a report if you know what is good for you .
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by ApostlePaul14: 6:13pm On Mar 17
Gadafii:
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you

Modified…..

I see some of you are quoting me saying bull crap and all, because I advised him not to spend it..it is well oo

Someone said he’s already looking at the money one kind and you are saying he won’t spend it

If he like make he spend am. There are two possible outcome, he either get away with that or get blacklisted

I doubt if he would prefer the later, because the chances of the former is very slim

I mistakenly transferred 50k to a VFD microfinance bank last year November from my Palmpay account, I reported the issue to Palmpay; up till now no result and no refund of my money
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Rumundele(m): 6:14pm On Mar 17
Allymosh:
[color=#550000][/color]

I mistakenly sent 600k to UBA wrong account, upon gotten Court order for reversal that person have withdrew 256,000 out of that money and stop using that account

I approached the bank, I was told that untill he received fund into that account nothing they can do to it

Pls I need advice from Nairalander.
That is not correct, approach court to get other banks link to that BVN notify of the act or involve the police for statement to track other banks account link with same bvn to do the needful. If you want to get your money you follow up otherwise that money is gone.
The bank also has the address of the person. Try and follow up don't relax
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Cheeryfeet: 6:22pm On Mar 17
Illegal1:

omoh.........senior man abeg 4get long preaching,the matter no go anywere..

he go spend the money and notin go happen..las las he go tell them say he no dey receive alert,so he no knw wen money enter he acct..

dat supermarket get luck say nah good guy acct the money enter,if not..dat money nah bye bye...NO CASE.

What one poster said above is very true. It happened to me, luckily for me it was a little amount. They put my account PND, the particular fund was held back in my account, you will will balance a different thing then book balance is another thing, the bank called me after 3 days or so that please someone made a wrong deposit to me that they need my permission to debit my account back . I said okay. The bank guy was even begging. When I said permission granted you could feel his relief. But I am sure if I had spent the money, dey go blacklist your bvn
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by thatigboman: 6:33pm On Mar 17
Op, if you are not expecting the money, report to your bank and ask them to reverse it and have the evidence. The funds maybe a genuine error or proceed of money laundering.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by correctguy101(m): 6:45pm On Mar 17
Gadafii:
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you

Modified…..

I see some of you are quoting me saying bull crap and all, because I advised him not to spend it..it is well oo

Someone said he’s already looking at the money one kind and you are saying he won’t spend it

If he like make he spend am. There are two possible outcome, he either get away with that or get blacklisted

I doubt if he would prefer the later, because the chances of the former is very slim

Op oya choose..
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by WantsandMore: 6:46pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

is it worth it?
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Greatguy01(m): 6:57pm On Mar 17
For you to create this thread means that you have no intention of spending the money. Don't worry God will bless you with finances that are rightfully yours. You are a good person.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Testimony1988(m): 6:59pm On Mar 17
Go to your bank to track the sender.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by BALLOSKI: 6:59pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

If you spend am, wahala go full ground for you.

Do the Honorable thing and contact your bank on twitter for them to act on it. If they come at you on their own, you'll be embarrassed. They'll always get their money back.

Export License from Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC)? / I Need A Loan From Micro-Finance Banks / Nwanta Anayoeze Yonaracha Leaves Asians Scrambling For Money

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51