Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief (11727 Views)

APC Set For Disintegration / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck / GEJ Is On A Mission To Destablize Nigeria For Disintegration In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by PaulJohn1: 11:24am On Aug 28, 2012
Former Chief of Defence Staff, Lt. Gen. Alani Akinrinade (retd), has said Nigeria is on the road to disintegration and can only be rescued when the citizens agree to discuss issues affecting it.

He added that such discussions must border on what the ethnic nationalities in the country genuinely desire.

Akinrinade, who is also the convener of Yoruba Assembly, spoke to journalists in Lagos on Monday against the backdrop of the conference of South-West leaders holding on Thursday in Ibadan, Oyo State.

He said, “Disintegration for Nigeria is not out of possibility. We are not far from the road to disintegration. It will be the fault of all us if it happens. Let us sit together and speak honest truths to one another. Let us use superior arguments among ourselves in the spirit of give and take to decide what we want.”

The former CDS also said Yorubas must re-appraise themselves and decide their destiny within the Nigerian nation.

He stated that it was time leaders in the South-West sat together and discussed issues affecting the region.

Akinrinade said, ” It is our belief that the conference will afford the Yoruba the opportunity to sit together and revalidate their position on the Nigerian nation and present it so that we will reflect on it soberly.”

He stressed that the people in the region had never hidden their clamour for autonomy to be given to ethnic nationalities in the country for them to develop at their pace.

According to him, it is wrong for anyone to say such call is not negotiable and unpatriotic.

Akinrinade noted that there was no other way to resolve the challenges confronting the country than through honest discussions among the ethnic.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeria-heading-for-disintegration-ex-defence-chief/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by PointB: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2012
Well said Lt. Gen. Alani Akinrinade.

Let Yoruba Nigerians keep playing ostrich until the country explode in their face!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by PaulJohn1: 11:39am On Aug 28, 2012
Why can't our leaders for ones drop ethnic card, and face reality? sad
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by PointB: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2012
Paul John: Why can't our leaders for ones drop ethnic card, and face reality? sad

[b]Ethnicism [/b]is the current reality! When are you going to get that into you skull. Nigeria is no country, we are not, and will NEVER be one, without discussion! Why is this hard for some of you to fathom? Na wa oo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by PaulJohn1: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
That's why development is slow. We claim to be one but divided. I think it'll be better if we divide and stand on our own, or we unit and drop the Ethnic thing. Than to be as a country and divided within.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by PointB: 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
Paul John: That's why development is slow. We claim to be one but divided. I think it'll be better if we divide and stand on our own, or we unit and drop the Ethnic thing. Than to be as a country and divided within.

I agree with you. Either a negotiated united country or divided country. What we have now is the middle ground. I don't think anyone likes it the it is now.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by Callotti: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nigeria is on the road to disintegration and can only be rescued when the citizens agree to discuss issues affecting it.

Aburi Discord Part 2. grin
We are waiting for the 'citizens' to agree oooooooooo. . . .Kwenu Yaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
The citizens of Nairaland or the citizens of NiGGeria? wink

Make I go siddon jeje wait for 'abandoned property' jare!

Oya citizens. . .AGREE!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by slimming: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
I know there is hope for this nation.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
Callotti:

Aburi Discord Part 2. grin
We are waiting for the 'citizens' to agree oooooooooo. . . .Kwenu Yaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
The citizens of Nairaland or the citizens of NiGGeria? wink

Make I go siddon jeje wait for 'abandoned property' jare!

Oya citizens. . .AGREE!!! grin
me sef siddon dey look! This gonna be interesting.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
No one should listen to all these "Retired" "Ex" "Former" old fools who are threatened by joblessness that politics and political gains are their only expected means of survival. Lt. Gen. Alani Akinrinade (retd), I curse you in the name of Nairaland. Die ! Die !! Die!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by icon8: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nigerians cannot be forced to exist as a people forever. "Force", meaning "against their will". That, my brother, is the REALITY!
Paul John: Why can't our leaders for ones drop ethnic card, and face reality? sad
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by sheyguy: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
O[/b]ur [b]let Nigeria Divide Clique will Have Something [b]J[/b]uicy to feed On. Go back in history and you will be quick to find out they were the ones who called for Nigeria in the first place . . . Snakes
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by ujchief(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
[quote author=PointB][/quote]
Allow me to quote ur signature, 'A just, fair and Federal Nigeria, or a divided nation, whichever comes first!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by martin123: 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
LORD LUGARD ON NIGERIANS AND AFRICANS IN GENERAL

In character and temperament" wrote Lord Lugard, "the typical African of this race-type is a happy, thriftless, excitable person. Lacking in self control,
discipline, and foresight. Naturally courageous, and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving weapons as an oriental loves jewelry. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future, or grief for the past. His mind is far nearer to the animal world than the that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the State he has reached. Through the ages the African appears to have evolved no organized religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural"

He lacks the power of organization, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility

....he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal -an instinct rather than a moral virtue

......In brief, the virtues and defects of this race-type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy

.......Perhaps the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his ability to visualize the future"
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by sheyguy: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2012
Billyonaire: No one should listen to all these "Retired" "Ex" "Former" old fools who are threatened by joblessness that politics and political gains are their only expected means of survival. Lt. Gen. Alani Akinrinade (retd), I curse you in the name of Nairaland. Die ! Die !! Die!!!
Them Forget say na [b]T[/b]urn By [b]T[/b]urn

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by 1800bc(f): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2012
People are coming out to say reasonable things,this one just woke up from hibernation to say rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by Demdem(m): 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
SNC NOW.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by lauyanAbuja: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2012
Lousy Yorubas are hypocrite. Much talk, less action.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2012
As I read the headline I said to myself: this can't be Paul Dike. IT MUST BE THIS YORUBA MAN. Lo and Behold, it was him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by sambos994(m): 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
Really?

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by idnole4(m): 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
Our 'leaders' know the truth...they are only shying away from it for their selfish ends. God save this unholy union!
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2012
martin123: LORD LUGARD ON NIGERIANS AND AFRICANS IN GENERAL

In character and temperament" wrote Lord Lugard, "the typical African of this race-type is a happy, thriftless, excitable person. Lacking in self control,
discipline, and foresight. Naturally courageous, and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving weapons as an oriental loves jewelry. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future, or grief for the past. His mind is far nearer to the animal world than the that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the State he has reached. Through the ages the African appears to have evolved no organized religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural"

He lacks the power of organization, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility

....he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal -an instinct rather than a moral virtue

......In brief, the virtues and defects of this race-type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy

.......Perhaps the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his ability to visualize the future"

in other words, we are animals!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
What will I personally gain from disintegration. Nothing! What will you personally gain ?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by maigaskiya1: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Paul John: Former Chief of Defence Staff, Lt. Gen. Alani Akinrinade (retd), has said Nigeria is on the road to disintegration and can only be rescued when the citizens agree to discuss issues affecting it.

He added that such discussions must border on what the ethnic nationalities in the country genuinely desire.

Akinrinade, who is also the convener of Yoruba Assembly, spoke to journalists in Lagos on Monday against the backdrop of the conference of South-West leaders holding on Thursday in Ibadan, Oyo State.

He said, “Disintegration for Nigeria is not out of possibility. We are not far from the road to disintegration. It will be the fault of all us if it happens. Let us sit together and speak honest truths to one another. Let us use superior arguments among ourselves in the spirit of give and take to decide what we want.”

The former CDS also said Yorubas must re-appraise themselves and decide their destiny within the Nigerian nation.

He stated that it was time leaders in the South-West sat together and discussed issues affecting the region.

Akinrinade said, ” It is our belief that the conference will afford the Yoruba the opportunity to sit together and revalidate their position on the Nigerian nation and present it so that we will reflect on it soberly.”

He stressed that the people in the region had never hidden their clamour for autonomy to be given to ethnic nationalities in the country for them to develop at their pace.

According to him, it is wrong for anyone to say such call is not negotiable and unpatriotic.

Akinrinade noted that there was no other way to resolve the challenges confronting the country than through honest discussions among the ethnic.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeria-heading-for-disintegration-ex-defence-chief/
lt gen akrinade former deputy comander 3rd marine commando during d civil war nd also nijas fist defence chief out of experience just tod hs Yoruba Yoruba brodas d gospel truth

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by ebamma(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
may thunder fire lord lugard and his wife even in their graves for making this mistake called nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by cashcpt(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
Gen Alani Akinrinade led hundreds of Ipetumodu men (my father included)eastward to destroy the Biafrans, m very proud of that, now our sights are on a new campaign. Call us cowards but we win wars with careful plans

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief by psalmizt(m): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
martin123: LORD LUGARD ON NIGERIANS AND AFRICANS IN GENERAL

How insightful...These guys have always known us better than we know ourselves, I guess that was why we were conquered... We indeed take actions for which we do not weigh the options...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Governor's House Built By Former Ekiti Governor / FG Begins Release Of N100bn For Constituency Projects / I Can’t Confirm If Buhari Endorsed Proscription Of IPOB – Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.