Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation (1944 Views)

Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - / Uzor Kalu Slok Airline Begins Operation! / Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by aloyemeka4: 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2011
Monday, November 14, 2011
[size=14pt]Bola Tinubu's First Nation Airways Begins Operation[/size]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-LXfVBwoKPfw/TsD5joNJ-EI/AAAAAAAAK1E/qGeDjqXDLE0/s1600/first+nationlindaikejiblog.jpg[/img]

Ex-governor Bola Tinubu's new airline company - First Nation Airways (formerly Bellview Airline) has commenced operation.

The resuscitated airline, which the former governor and ACN Chieftain allegedly bought for $30 million, started operations on Thursday November 3, 2011, with its first flight plying Lagos/Abuja route.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/11/bola-tinubus-first-nation-airways.html
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by PHIPEX(m): 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2011
Am having a mixed feeling
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by aloyemeka4: 10:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
Why?. Are you not happy for him?
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
OBJ thieving pals. it really is not hard to see how corrupt OBJ administration really was. sad
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by igbo2011(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
THis is good and bad. Good because this will help Nigeria's economy somewhat. But bad because they stole that money from Nigeria, Atleast they are putting the money into Nigeria and not abroad.
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by aloyemeka4: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2011
igbo2011:

THis is good and bad.  Good because this will help Nigeria's economy somewhat.  But bad because they stole that money from Nigeria,  Atleast they are putting the money into Nigeria and not abroad.

Do you have proof that he stole your money?. I am saying this because in Yoruba culture, the asiwaju title cannot be given to a thief. So people actually did background check before honoring him with that title.
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by Beaf: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
Filthy lucre.
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by igbo2011(m): 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Do you have proof that he stole your money?.
No but that is what I always hear I hear that he stole a lot from Lagos and continues to steal. I could be wrong though, it is all he say she say. But Nairaland people always call him a thief.
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by aloyemeka4: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
igbo2011:

No but that is what I always hear  I hear that he stole a lot from Lagos and continues to steal.  I could be wrong though, it is all he say she say. But Nairaland people always call him a thief.

Haters call him a thief.
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:12pm On Nov 14, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Haters call him a thief.
igbo2011:

No but that is what I always hear  I hear that he stole a lot from Lagos and continues to steal.  I could be wrong though, it is all he say she say. But Nairaland people always call him a thief.

grin grin grin grin
Wonders shall never end, perhaps somebody will care explaining this article and Tinubu current court case at Abuja Nigeria. Since we are now arguing whether Nigerian Politicians of all people are corrupt.    http://allafrica.com/stories/201109121101.html.

American Group Demands Trial of Tinubu for Perjury, Fraud

Maxwell Oditta 9 October 2011
Email|Print|Comment
Share:

JUSTICE For All Nations (JFAN), a United States of America-based non-governmental organisation, has described that the planned commencement of the trial of former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, by the Code of Conduct Tribunal as a welcome development.

The impending trial is in connection with Tinubu's alleged operation of 16 foreign bank accounts while in office as Lagos State governor.

JFAN however added that Tinubu must also be prosecuted for alleged perjury, having reportedly lied on oath by refusing to declare the operation of several foreign bank accounts in the assets declaration form CCB-1 he submitted to the Code of Conduct Bureau on January 6, 2004.

'Most importantly, too, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) must tell Nigerians what has happened to the case against Tinubu, which its former Chairman, Malam Nuhu Ribadu said had international dimension,' JFAN said in a statement, Saturday September 10.

The statement issued by JFAN Coordinator, Dr. Dada Popoola, said that President Goodluck Jonathan must demonstrate to Nigerians that he has the will to tackle corruption, which is the number one enemy of the progress of the country by making sure that no one is treated like a sacred cow.

Relevant Links
West Africa
Nigeria
Legal Affairs
NGO
According to the group, 'We are happy that the Code of Conduct Tribunal has woken up to its responsibilities and we urge that this case must be diligently prosecuted. It is also hoped the EFCC will also tell Nigerians where Tinubu corruption files are being kept.

'At least, we are aware that Ribadu said publicly that "Tinubu's corruption has international dimension" and there is no time for the EFCC to tell Nigerians what has happened to that corruption case and its international dimension.

'Tinubu should also be made to face criminal charge for perjury because he lied on oath by refusing to declare the operation of several foreign bank accounts in the assets declaration form CCB-1 he submitted to the Code of Conduct Bureau on 6th Janu
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by EvilBrain1(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2011
Beaf:

Filthy lucre.

Whatever, man. If Tinubu is really a thief, then its GEJ and Yar'Adua's fault for not prosecuting him. Your party controls the police and the EFCC so find some evidence and prosecute the man or STFU.

It's funny how PDP supporters all have selective amnesia. They never remember names like Ibori, Odili, Obasanjo and co when they're talking about corruption. But one mention of Tinubu, and everybody starts shouting.
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by Beaf: 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2011
Evil Brain:

Whatever, man. If Tinubu is really a thief, then its GEJ and Yar'Adua's fault for not prosecuting him. Your party controls the police and the EFCC so find some evidence and prosecute the man or STFU.

It's funny how PDP supporters all have selective amnesia. They never remember names like Ibori, Odili, Obasanjo and co when they're talking about corruption. But one mention of Tinubu, and everybody starts shouting.

Lol! So Nigeria can only be seen through partisan eyes?
Tinubu stops being a thief, because he is in a different party. Lord a macy!!! shocked
Its no surprise the nations problems are intractable, everyone is clannish, even worse, ethnically or religiously bigotted.

Pity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/524033_TinubuTif_jpg4a6f1ebf2f823fa79b6b462d5a62baa6
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by Beaf: 12:05am On Nov 15, 2011
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by aloyemeka4: 12:11am On Nov 15, 2011
Where are the Nairaland ACN squad led by Eko-Ole?
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by TomFord: 12:27am On Nov 15, 2011
How viable this airline will be with government support as at when necessary coupled with its chance of surviving stiff competition remains to be seen
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by EvilBrain1(m): 12:41am On Nov 15, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! So Nigeria can only be seen through partisan eyes?
Tinubu stops being a thief, because he is in a different party. Lord a macy!!! shocked
Its no surprise the nations problems are intractable, everyone is clannish, even worse, ethnically or religiously bigotted.

Pity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/524033_TinubuTif_jpg4a6f1ebf2f823fa79b6b462d5a62baa6

I'll give you $1billion if you can show me where in my last post I said Tinubu is not a thief. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but if there's any indication that he stole public money then its the job of your useless PDP president to prosecute him. If he's buying airlines with the proceeds of crime, then it means that your useless PDP president isn't doing his job as chief security officer. The same applies to the 2 useless PDP presidents who preceeded him.

But we all know that to ask a useless PDP president not to turn a blind eye to corruption is like asking an Ijebu man not to eat amala. A man cannot go against his nature.
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 15, 2011
So the yoruba culture wil follow up after givin a person a title of asiwagu and make sure he does not steal. Haba my guy where did he get the money to buy an airline. give us prove since u said he is not a thief. We are talkin of a politician not a businessman. A former gov. Pls prove me wrong cos i cant c how a man like him can hv al that wealth without dippin his hands in public money.
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by Beaf: 12:55am On Nov 15, 2011
Evil Brain:

I'll give you $1billion if you can show me where in my last post I said Tinubu is not a thief. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but if there's any indication that he stole public money then its the job of your useless PDP president to prosecute him. If he's buying airlines with the proceeds of crime, then it means that your useless PDP president isn't doing his job as chief security officer. The same applies to the 2 useless PDP presidents who preceeded him.

But we all know that to ask a useless PDP president not to turn a blind eye to corruption is like asking an Ijebu man not to eat amala. [size=14pt]A man cannot go against his nature.[/size]

True, and Tinubu's nature is stealing and drug pushing. No?

In the meantime, can you prove that you have a billion USD? If not sssshhhhhhhaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap!!!! grin
Tinubu is a thief, and thats all that matters. The other thing that matters is that you are his willing donkey, bruv.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/524178_tinubuTif2_jpg4f96886de71ba2e3a7e17b862330af73
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by youngmonie: 1:01am On Nov 15, 2011
To me I dont see d reason for all this noise that he's a thief. Fine hes already on trial IF HE IS FOUND GUILTY HE GOES TO JAIL, if there is any proof of corruption then EFCC should pick him up, if nt all our noise on nairaland wont make a difference
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by manny4life(m): 1:05am On Nov 15, 2011
Tom Ford:

How viable this airline will be with government support as at when necessary coupled with its chance of surviving stiff competition remains to be seen

Dude please can you use punctuation?  embarassed embarassed embarassed

Better yet can u explain what you're trying to say? grin grin grin

Is it not the same airline that was rumored to be bought out for $300 million. shocked shocked shocked That's a 1,000% exaggeration. Thank God that the airline was resuscitated finally.
Re: Tinubu's Airline Begins Operation by OAM4J: 1:09am On Nov 15, 2011

(1)

Time To Decide If We Can Remain As One Country- Northern CAN / Jonathan: Constitution Is Flawed / The Reuben Abati They Did Not Know By Sonala Olumhense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.