Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route (9780 Views)

Gov Soludo Commissions 26.6KM Amansea-ufuma Road Commissioned For Public Use / Ubah/ekwunife Tsunami: Soludo Mulls Joint Ticket With Chidoka / Soludo Begins Construction Of Amansea, Awka – Ufuma Road In Anambra (pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by bigdammyj: 8:26am On Mar 21
Noted.
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by lexy2014: 8:28am On Mar 21
senatordave1:

I agree but it can be an agric city

must it be a city? did the farmers say they need a city? how will it being made a city make farming easier and attractive?
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Diligence: 8:36am On Mar 21
Soludo: What about AGRIC... that place their soil dey fertile Wella.... One thing about siting a City at such place is that: more estate MGT guz go site other residential estates their thereby further reducing the arable areas...Na so hunger dey take start-o

1 Like

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by papiwyte(m): 8:43am On Mar 21
I thought obi did everything for anambara.
Lamba
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by jaxxy(m): 9:06am On Mar 21
After distracting himself with Peter Obi presidency he wants to face the job he was voted for? That's nice
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Abagworo(m): 9:12am On Mar 21
senatordave1:

Anambra is the most urbanized state after Lagos and rivers.anambra north like ayamelum,oyi,anambra east,ogbaru are the agric zines

Anambra and Imo are more urbanized than Rivers. Rivers, Abia, Delta, Osun and Akwaibom are same level of urbanization.
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by PropertyBuying(f): 9:23am On Mar 21
Good one!
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by 99thEnemy(m): 9:45am On Mar 21
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by stasius: 10:35am On Mar 21
As long as there is security there.

Make we go buy land there sef.
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by asha80(m): 10:37am On Mar 21
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Gentlelox: 11:24am On Mar 21
yarimo:
NGIGE and OBIANO all did well as governors of Anambra state, now SOLUDO is doing great
u like spamming with thesame thing on Anambra threads. Anyways keep on fighting dem. Nah u get time
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by yarimo(m): 12:10pm On Mar 21
Kwaramustgoodag:
ur hate for obi will ki..ll u

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by ubimagos: 12:42pm On Mar 21
More like it, the other one na Mr. go and verify!
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by deeva2: 12:58pm On Mar 21
What Gbajue master could not do for 8 years..

S/E should present Soludo for presidential candidate and let's see if Nigerians won't vote for him massively..
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Eagba(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21
okeychris:

Anambra State Governor, Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR, has hinted that a new city will emerge along the newly built 26.4 kilometres Amansea-Ntoko-Ndiukwuenu-Awa-Ufuma road.

Governor Soludo stated this during the commissioning of the road where members of the various communities he visited who are connected to the long stretch of roads thronged the venues of the brief ceremonies in their numbers. They all dance in excitement to receive the Governor's entourage.

The Governor explained that building "One Anambra" is the agenda, irrespective of social stratification, political party affiliation or religious inclination, pointing out that APGA's major concern is to lift everyone out of poverty in tandem with its mantra of "be your brother's keeper".

According to the Governor, the late Mr. Joe Anatune who hailed from Awa was the first person that hinted about the strategic importance of the road, recalled that he promised to construct the road during Mr. Anatune's funeral ceremony, emphasizing that completing the road is in fulfillment of the promise he made in his memory.

Governor Soludo stressed that after assumption of office, his government did not start work from the areas that voted highly for him, but from local government areas where he narrowly lost, where there is greatest need.

He reminded them during campaign, their major request was for his government to construct the road, adding that the commissioning calls for celebration.

For the Transition Committee Chairman for Orumba North, Sir Ogochukwu Ekwueme, said the people of Orumba North will ever remain grateful and continue to pray and support the Governor and his team.

Others who spoke during the event include the Traditional Ruler of Awa, Igwe Israel Ezue, President General of Awa, Chief Raymond Ofor, President General of Ufuma, Rtd. Commodore Clement Ofor described the road project as fulfilment of a promise.

Dignitaries that graced the occasion include Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mr. Ernest Ezeajughi, Principal Secretary to the Governor, Barr. Joachin Anaeto, Deputy Speaker, Anambra State House of Assembly, Hon. Chukwuma Okoye, member representing Orumba North at the State House of Assembly, Hon. Paul Obu, Commissioner for Works, Engr. Ifeanyi Okoma, Chief Protocol officer, Hon Chinedu Nwoye, Chief Chinedu Obidigwe, among others.

Cutting of the tape by motorcyclists, keke, shuttle bus drivers and the late Joe Anatune's wife, formed the highpoint of the event.
This is sad
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Litmus: 4:48pm On Mar 21
Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by okey chris

I've bravely ventured the idea in several quarters that many states in Nigeria could do better long term (cost effective) starting afresh with new cities than investing in sanitising the current ones.
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Prolificgiant(m): 9:55pm On Mar 21
ImmaculateJOE:

Anambra is more urbanized than Rivers.

I have been to both places.

You will find more empty lands in PH and her surroundings than you will get in Onitsha and enviros.
To some extent, even Awka has been build up than PH.
the land mass of river is like ×5 of Anambra,you really can't say rivers is not urbanize
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by IncredibleWrite: 11:32pm On Mar 21
Svoboda:

I know awka south goes beyond the triangle i mentioned, but i daresay that umuawulu, awgbu and the succeeding towns along that stretch to ndiowu and ufuma still form part of the agric belt i previously talked about. Also, Nise and mbaukwu. Govt doesnt have to forcefully urbanize some of these sleepy towns to unecessarily create high population densities when we gain so much agriculturally from them.
I'm from Awgbu so I get your point.
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by IncredibleWrite: 11:42pm On Mar 21
ImmaculateJOE:

Anambra is more urbanized than Rivers.

I have been to both places.

You will find more empty lands in PH and her surroundings than you will get in Onitsha and enviros.
To some extent, even Awka has been build up than PH.
Anambra has a higher population density and more urbanized than Rivers state due to our small landmass, but to say Awka is more built up than PH sounds funny. It will take Awka decades to get to the current level of PH.

What's even the size and population of Awka compared to PH? PH is more populated than Onitsha but Onitsha is more congested. So I agree with your third paragraph. I'm from Anambra based in PH.
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 6:40am On Mar 22
IncredibleWrite:
I'm from Awgbu so I get your point.

Nice. You people have land o. I passed thru awgbu on the 3rd of jan when you held that masquerade festival.
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:53am On Mar 22
IncredibleWrite:
Anambra has a higher population density and more urbanized than Rivers state due to our small landmass, but to say Awka is more built up than PH sounds funny. It will take Awka decades to get to the current level of PH.

What's even the size and population of Awka compared to PH? PH is more populated than Onitsha but Onitsha is more congested. So I agree with your third paragraph. I'm from Anambra based in PH.
I said to some extent.

In Anambra State, you will get many minor cities and Major towns, but in Rivers, everything is happening in PH and enviros, no spread development.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:56am On Mar 22
Prolificgiant:
the land mass of river is like ×5 of Anambra,you really can't say rivers is not urbanize
Big fat lie.

Area of Anambra state is 4,844 km2
Area of Rivers state is 11,077 km2 ( note that good portion of Rivers state are occupied by sea.)

Also, the only Major place in Rivers state is PH and Enviros, no developmental spread.

Unlike Anambra state, there are many major towns in the state.
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by IncredibleWrite: 11:41pm On Mar 22
ImmaculateJOE:

I said to some extent.

In Anambra State, you will get many minor cities and Major towns, but in Rivers, everything is happening in PH and enviros, no spread development.

Rivers state as a whole has a more solid infrastructure than Anambra. I visited a remote village and was shocked at the roads I saw, some leading to thick bushes. Anyway, I get your point and I agree Anambra is more urbanized. But we need to work on our infrastructure. We need wide roads with closed drainages. Not the crappy narrow roads with open drainages Soludo has continued to construct. Anambra can do better

1 Like

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by IncredibleWrite: 11:51pm On Mar 22
Svoboda:

Nice. You people have land o. I passed thru awgbu on the 3rd of jan when you held that masquerade festival.
Enu-Awgbu day 😁 it's always fun. Yes, Awgbu is actually one of the largest towns by size and population in the zone. Where you from?
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by aalangel(f): 1:40am On Mar 23
Svoboda:

Thank you. I dont know what this craze for blind urbanization of every area of anambra state. Its fast killing its pristine innocense. Building of a new mega city should have been concentrated in awka north.

Why Awka North?
Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 7:16am On Mar 23
IncredibleWrite:
Enu-Awgbu day 😁 it's always fun. Yes, Awgbu is actually one of the largest towns by size and population in the zone. Where you from?

Yes. Nawfia.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route by Svoboda(m): 7:18am On Mar 23
aalangel:

Why Awka North?

Because of its landmass.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance / ****** 2014 African Dollar Billionaire Rich List****** / PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.