Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,369 members, 7,864,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak (38997 Views)

Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation / How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) / Okuama Residents Trapped In Forests, Send SOS To Tinubu, Oborevwori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Caramia2020(m): 3:32pm On Mar 20
jidamsel43:
Since you don't see any anomalies in what the community did, then you should never cry fowl for the killing in the community presently. The Chairman and leader whom the youths were protecting would be made scapegoats by the military
We all condemned the actions of the people, but let me ask u, what is a major, captain n others doing in the village in the first place? Where is their place of assignment? What if the killers are from the camp of the enemy?
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Shimbo96(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20
Forumites:
they said the soldiers attacked them two times in two days before the retaliation.
so you believed it? But when the military said they didn't kill anyone you didn't believe it😂 .
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Igbofirstson: 4:35pm On Mar 20
Buccalcavity2:
Take all the local chiefs, kings and LG chairman away. They'll produce the assailants. You are on monthly subvention to prevent a situation like this if you were a king!
trash
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Sokari29: 5:12pm On Mar 20
It's wise to stay neutral when an elephant and a rat is fighting..... because If you support the rat the elephant might decide to take actions against you and if you support the elephant the rat might get emotional n surely lose all or any hope to continue living.... Don't forget he who controls the media will always be seen as the victim...
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by udomas(m): 8:40pm On Mar 20
derecho:
Nigerian Army, disciplined?
Abeg make we hear word

Exactly my question.
The most unprofessional military in the world.
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by udomas(m): 8:41pm On Mar 20
Forumites:
they said the soldiers attacked them two times in two days before the retaliation.

I don't doubt this at all. The Nigerian Military I know is capable of doing such 💯
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Vulcan24(m): 9:35pm On Mar 20
phemmie06:
Does that mean the soldiers came back that sane day for reprisal attack?
They came back that same day to lure you guys into peace meeting after 16 or 17 soldiers were killed. Who will attend such meeting with even police?

Something is totally missing in this story

The story is saying there was a massacre by the first contingent of military and they came 2nd time, it was the 2nd contingent that was counter attacked!

But the whole story didn't add up cos there was no news of the attack on the villagers

My guess is the army was ambushed by a guerilla units that didn't recognize they are Ng soldiers
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by ogascomax: 9:36pm On Mar 20
UncleKoboko:
I don't understand

Before or after the soldiers were killed?

Twisted stories.
If before, was it that attack that caused retaliation against the soldiers?

Yes. The soldiers had already killed people from the community before they were ambushed on the 16th.
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Vulcan24(m): 9:47pm On Mar 20
UncleKoboko:
I don't understand

Twisted stories.

I think the story is clear now, the villagers said they were attacked on the 14th by a contingent of soldiers asking for peace talks 2ce

On the 16th another contingent came, those are the ones that were ambushed and killed.

My doubts is if soldiers has killed in a community, they would not come with a small unit the next time !

Mistaken identity is likely the issue here!
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Vulcan24(m): 9:49pm On Mar 20
humilitypays:
Why are some people twisting the story to exonerate terrorist Nigerian army that is well known for brutalizing unarmed civilians?

They said soldiers came to make peace, probably someone from the other community having crises with Okuama have a close relationship with the army so he called the army who should have left after meeting with the community leaders but because they are bias, they wanted to arrest the Okuama community leaders and in the process the community youths tried to stop them from taking their leaders away, knowing how brutal and unfriendly Nigerian soldiers are, they must have felt insulted as the community youths stopped them from taking away the community leaders and probably shot some of the outspoken youths which led to pandemium and probably more shooting.

Maybe one of the community youths who have a brother in one militant group called to alert his brother of how soldiers shot and killed their people and they probably mobilized and ambushed the soldiers as they were leaving the community.

This must be what played out.

Nigerian army are not disciplined neither do they treat unarmed civilians like humans, this is well known

It's not same day, peace talk killing was on the 14th, retaliation is on the 16th
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Pauliaette(m): 10:41pm On Mar 20
They will flex their muscles here...
Bokoharam are bombing barracks and killing soldiers for fun in Northern part...
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by PropertyBuying(f): 11:51pm On Mar 20
That is callous!
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Peterodion49(m): 12:41am On Mar 21
I'm not happy oooo chia why you kill soldiers
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Peterodion49(m): 12:42am On Mar 21
When they came they did not kill anyone so why?
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by Iamanoited: 4:43am On Mar 21
ONE SOLDIER'S LIFE EQUALS ONE THOUSAND OKUAMA BLOODY RESIDENTS. SO STOP KILLING SOLDIERS.
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by pacespot(m): 6:06am On Mar 21
UncleKoboko:
I don't understand

Twisted stories.

It was before soldiers were killed. People in the community welcome Nigeria army with cultural dance in their townhall meeting. Then army wanted to take away their two chiefs when they were about to leave and people resisted and soldiers opened fire on them killing dozens and wounded many more. It was after army had done these atrocities and left the community that they were waylaid by militants in the water and several of their officers killed.
Re: Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak by alezzy13: 6:29am On Mar 21
The question is what is the military doing in such mediation??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala With Frank Edwards / Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" / IGP Receives Operational Vehicles From Innoson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.