Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,877 members, 7,810,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines (2032 Views)

Anambra Gay Principal Owns Shrines, Church / Coffins, Dollars, Found In Shrines Destroyed In Lagos. Photos / Police Demolish Three Shrines In Lagos, Rescue Couple (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by IzunnaOkafor(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20
By Izunna Okafor, Awka

Some villagers have allegedly stripped a widow naked, assaulted her, and dragged her to four different shrines in Anambra State to swear oaths.

The incident reportedly happened at Umueri Community in Anambra East Local Government Area of the State, where the suspects also allegedly assaulted two sons of the widow and also invaded their home with machete and dagger.

Recounting her ordeal in a video that is currently trending on the social media, the victim, Mrs. Obiageli Nnalue, said she was at her home when the gang stormed with a vehicle, broke into her house, and began to pack her property into the vehicle.

She said she was full of surprise, that she began to question them about what was happening and where they were taking her belongings to.

“As I asked them that, they bounced on me and began to beat me, tore all my clothes, stripped me naked, and insisted that I must follow them to shrines to go and swear oaths that I would never behold whatever would cause their death,” she recounted in Igbo language.

She said from there, they dragged her to four shrines, including Oviemmili, Ogwugwu Ụmụdiala, Akpụ Mgbago and Arọ Mgbago Shrines, to go and swear the oaths.

According to her, she was also forced to swear separate oaths for some other villagers who joined them on the way. She said when she attempted to resist the intimidation, they also joined hands to beat and molest her, while also vowing to send her back to her hometown, Nteje, Oyi Local Government Area.

Mrs. Nnalue further recounted how one of her tormentors claimed that her husband's kinsmen said they were no longer interested in keeping her as wife, and also provided the sum of N50,000, for them to transport her and her belongings back to her hometown, Nteje.

When asked what could have triggered such actions by the people, the victim recounted that one of her sons, identified as Somadina Nnalue (who is challenged), was accused of rape, and was stripped naked and severely assaulted and maltreated by the people, who also eventually demanded the sum of N10,000 to release him. She said even after paying the demanded amount, the people still declined to release her son, until one Amaechi paid them additional money.

While speculations abound that her challenged son may have been wrongly accused, victimized and extorted by the people; Mrs. Nnalue said it was shortly after the incident that the people stormed her house and began to demand that she must swear oaths that she would not behold whatever would cause their death.

Corroborating the narration, another son of the widow who resides in Onitsha, Mr. Henry Nnalue, recounted how the people also bounced on him, attacked and injured him with machete and dagger when he returned back from Onitsha after hearing what they did to his mother and his younger brother.

He noted that the people had previously called and issued life threats to him on the phone, warning him not to dare come back to Umueri, especially over the matter they had with their mother. He further recounted how the gang invaded their home the second time and chased his mother around with machete, with which they also attacked him when he attempted to resist them.

While this reporter, Izunna Okafor, gathered that the matter had been reported to the Anambra State's Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare, his efforts to get the reactions of the Ministry's Commissioner, Mrs. Ify Obinabo, on the matter proved abortive, as calls to her phone bounced back, while she was yet to respond to the text message of enquiry sent to her by this reporter, as at the time of this publication.

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by delzbaba(m): 6:19pm On Mar 20
Barbaric culture, what is the purpose of all that shenanigans?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by tunjiajayi: 6:23pm On Mar 20
Backward people of the east.
Women suffer from all manners of atrocities in the East.

From being stigmatized when there husbands die to
Being disentitled from inheritance and not afforded education or any form of self improvement for thar matter to being sold as commodity in the guise of marriage etc...
And don't forget the evil caste system that make other humans lesser than monkeys.

Evil caveman era understanding.

Shame.

Nzobu nzobu no brainers.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by JohnAOne: 6:25pm On Mar 20
IGBO AMAKA!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Asuzero2(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20
This woman husband must have plenty land

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Morbeta11(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20
They should get the idiots that participated in this iberiberism and punish them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Cantonese: 7:03pm On Mar 20
tunjiajayi:
Backward people of the east.
Women suffer from all manners of atrocities in the East.

From being stigmatized when there husbands die to
Being disentitled from inheritance and not afforded education or any form of self improvement for thar matter to being sold as commodity in the guise of marriage etc...
And don't forget the evil caste system that make other humans lesser than monkeys.

Evil caveman era understanding.

Shame.

Nzobu nzobu no brainers.

Certainly cannot be compared with people whose stock in trade is hacking fellow humans to death, drinking their blood and selling their body parts like vehicle parts for ritual purposes and quick money making.

No shame at all.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Alexiiydon: 7:20pm On Mar 20
Pictures or I no believe
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by columbus007(m): 7:22pm On Mar 20
Lolz.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by PoliteActivist: 7:25pm On Mar 20
delzbaba:
Barbaric culture, what is the purpose of all that shenanigans?

Poverty

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by tunjiajayi: 7:51pm On Mar 20
Cantonese:

Certainly cannot be compared with people whose stock in trade is hacking fellow humans to death, drinking their blood and selling their body parts like vehicle parts for ritual purposes and quick money making.

No shame at all.

We don't expect you or your people to have any shame, as you and your people are shameless and senseless.

Yes, ritual killing is rampant but not exclusive to the west, but as humans we condemn such acts. We don't condone it.
But for you people, your inclination to crime is institutionalized, from cannibalism to barbarism to incest and raucous behavior.

That you feel no shame is part of your genome.

Carry on.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:22pm On Mar 20
This people are so backwards.very stupid culture

4 Likes

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Babangidapikin: 9:45pm On Mar 20
Gov Soludo would not fight for the woman's right, it's to be regulating burial ceremony that he knows

1 Like

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Cantonese: 11:14pm On Mar 20
tunjiajayi:

We don't expect you or your people to have any shame, as you and your people are shameless and senseless.

Yes, ritual killing is rampant but not exclusive to the west, but as humans we condemn such acts. We don't condone it.
But for you people, your inclination to crime is institutionalized, from cannibalism to barbarism to incest and raucous behavior.

That you feel no shame is part of your genome.

Carry on.

Ah, so now ritual killing has become rampant, “but not exclusive to the west”? What acts do you condemn please?

“…from cannibalism to barbarism to incest…”. You perfectly described what has become the culture and tradition of your people. How can you shamelessly not know that drinking of human blood, eating of human flesh and presentation of such is cannibalism? And by the way, looking in the news daily, how many such reports have you found outside of your area?

With a penchant to marry several wives, have concubines all over, after overdose of paraga, hemp and shekpe, have you suddenly shamelessly forgotten how your men enjoy raping and sleeping with their daughters? We read those things everyday. Or do you play the ostrich and pretentiously avoid such news?

No shame is to see the truth and turn it on its head. You are truly shameless and senseless.
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by NuclearWinter: 12:23am On Mar 21
The very Hobbesian state of Alaigbo.

Terrible region

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by NuclearWinter: 12:30am On Mar 21
Cantonese:

No shame at all.

Rest.

We know people who breed babies like pigs in baby factories that end up being pounded in motar for money rituals.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by NuclearWinter: 12:31am On Mar 21
PoliteActivist:

Poverty

No.
It's not poverty but an ingrained gene of pure barbarism.
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by oz4real83(m): 6:27am On Mar 21
Shrines on week days, synagogue and church on Sabbath day shocked, the level of hypocrisy of these people is so annoying. Real Jews and Christians don't oppress widows embarassed

1 Like

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Jeans601: 11:51am On Mar 21
Christians region with the highest number of shrines in Nigeria.

Monday - Saturday = visit and swear in shrines

Sunday = visit catholic church.

Holy Christians/shrines worshipper.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by NaijaCover(m): 12:08pm On Mar 21
Nawa o
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by TrustNone: 12:27pm On Mar 21
IzunnaOkafor:

By Izunna Okafor, Awka

Some villagers have allegedly stripped a widow naked, assaulted her, and dragged her to four different shrines in Anambra State to swear oaths.

The incident reportedly happened at Umueri Community in Anambra East Local Government Area of the State, where the suspects also allegedly assaulted two sons of the widow and also invaded their home with machete and dagger.

Recounting her ordeal in a video that is currently trending on the social media, the victim, Mrs. Obiageli Nnalue, said she was at her home when the gang stormed with a vehicle, broke into her house, and began to pack her property into the vehicle.

She said she was full of surprise, that she began to question them about what was happening and where they were taking her belongings to.

“As I asked them that, they bounced on me and began to beat me, tore all my clothes, stripped me naked, and insisted that I must follow them to shrines to go and swear oaths that I would never behold whatever would cause their death,” she recounted in Igbo language.

She said from there, they dragged her to four shrines, including Oviemmili, Ogwugwu Ụmụdiala, Akpụ Mgbago and Arọ Mgbago Shrines, to go and swear the oaths.

According to her, she was also forced to swear separate oaths for some other villagers who joined them on the way. She said when she attempted to resist the intimidation, they also joined hands to beat and molest her, while also vowing to send her back to her hometown, Nteje, Oyi Local Government Area.

Mrs. Nnalue further recounted how one of her tormentors claimed that her husband's kinsmen said they were no longer interested in keeping her as wife, and also provided the sum of N50,000, for them to transport her and her belongings back to her hometown, Nteje.

When asked what could have triggered such actions by the people, the victim recounted that one of her sons, identified as Somadina Nnalue (who is challenged), was accused of rape, and was stripped naked and severely assaulted and maltreated by the people, who also eventually demanded the sum of N10,000 to release him. She said even after paying the demanded amount, the people still declined to release her son, until one Amaechi paid them additional money.

While speculations abound that her challenged son may have been wrongly accused, victimized and extorted by the people; Mrs. Nnalue said it was shortly after the incident that the people stormed her house and began to demand that she must swear oaths that she would not behold whatever would cause their death.

Corroborating the narration, another son of the widow who resides in Onitsha, Mr. Henry Nnalue, recounted how the people also bounced on him, attacked and injured him with machete and dagger when he returned back from Onitsha after hearing what they did to his mother and his younger brother.

He noted that the people had previously called and issued life threats to him on the phone, warning him not to dare come back to Umueri, especially over the matter they had with their mother. He further recounted how the gang invaded their home the second time and chased his mother around with machete, with which they also attacked him when he attempted to resist them.

While this reporter, Izunna Okafor, gathered that the matter had been reported to the Anambra State's Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare, his efforts to get the reactions of the Ministry's Commissioner, Mrs. Ify Obinabo, on the matter proved abortive, as calls to her phone bounced back, while she was yet to respond to the text message of enquiry sent to her by this reporter, as at the time of this publication.
I know this woman very well, she's a very wicked witch that lives in the village where I was serving during my NYSC days.
Her daughter is a well known nuisance on this forum with the moniker DKM123, a Single mother of 47 years and is a 100 level student in a mushroom university in the South East.
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by DKM123: 1:10pm On Mar 21
TrustNone:
I know this woman very well, she's a very w!cked w!tch that lives in the village where I was serving during my NYSC days.

Her son is called Victor Omerigwe a well known r@pist and perpetual beggar on this forum with the moniker TrustNone, EbenezerTriumph and 40 other monikers, he is an imp0tent niccur of 47 years and a banned teacher accused of m0lesting his pupils

Kikikiki! You said you were waiting for me. Is this all?! Uncle Victor Omerigwe, the old 0gre! 😀
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by TrustNone: 1:13pm On Mar 21
DKM123:

Kikikiki! You said you were waiting for me. Is this all?! Uncle Victor Omerigwe, the old 0gre! 😀
I know what your problem is.
You're apparently thirsty for a diick, obviously that's the root of your frustration and you keep fantasizing and craving for it but your ego bars your pride and ego from asking for it.
I'm available though, send me a PM.
I got a long, thick and curved one grin
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by DKM123: 1:18pm On Mar 21
TrustNone:
I know what my problem is.
I Victor Omerigwe, aka TrustNone aka EbenezerTriumph and 40 other monikers, I am a g@y fcvuker apparently thirsty for a diick, obviously that's the root of my frustration and I keep fantasizing and craving for it but my ego bars my pride and ego from asking for it.
I'm available for all g@ys though, send me a PM.
I got a long, thick and curved one grin

Uncle Victor Omerigwe, also known as HellVictorinho6 aka TrustNone aka EbenezerTriumph aka keet13 aka MrsAminaBello. aka abba190 and 40 other monikers you are clearly imp0tent. I mean, you can't POSSIBLY have a woman and then be on a faceless forum hiding behind 50 monikers 24/7 just so life will be worth living for you. No one who has segx can be YOU! Hahahaha! Impossicant! You have no iota of social life in the real world and you know it!!

Imp0tent Imp with a shriveled little 5 naira kpomo you call a pen!s! Irrelevant p!glet who can't FACE the real world grin
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Blackfire(m): 1:47pm On Mar 21
Watch as all the culprits will be dealt with

grin
But the woman fine small
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by Deebami: 3:45pm On Mar 21
It is enough trauma to lose her husband, it is more traumatic to make life miserable for her. Man to man inhumanity!
Re: Villagers Strip Widow Naked In Anambra, Drag Her To Four Shrines by PulaPower: 4:45pm On Mar 21
This is why I dey everly laugh whenever brainless mob says nah north dey drag Nigeria backward..

The most unfortunate backwardness you’ll witness in Nigeria are located in the east..

(1) (Reply)

Video : Girl Allegedly Beat Up, Has Hole In Her Head After Hit In Head Heels / Furious Lady Pees In Her Ex‘s Car / 12 Youths Butchered By Suspected Herdsmen In Plateau State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.