Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo (10476 Views)

Obaseki Reforms: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo. / FG To Partner Nasarawa State On Local Processing Of Lithium / Nasarawa Government Signs MoU With Russian Firm On Abuja-Keffi Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by UdabaPrince100: 6:48pm On Mar 20
Obaseki Reforms: Russian firm, Rosatom commences exploration of lithium in Edo, gets nod to build processing plant

One of Europe’s largest nuclear energy companies, Rosatom, has commenced exploration of lithium in Edo and has gotten the state government’s approval to build a lithium processing plant.

The Commissioner of Mining and Energy, Hon. Enaholo Ojiefoh, who disclosed this in a chat with journalists in Benin City, noted that staff of the company have been resident in the State since October 2023, and are advancing on exploration activities.

“We have allocated land for the company to build a lithium processing plant and it will soon commence production of lithium batteries in the State,” he said.

He added that not less than three multinational companies are constructing processing plants in the State, which is an indication that the state’s solid mineral market is attaining maturity.

The commissioner noted that a number of States have come to study the Edo model and the State has been sharing its masterplan to these States so as to expand the sector for greater competitiveness.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/03/21/russian-firm-rosatom-commences-exploration-of-lithium-in-edo-state?amp=1

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by MrProlific95: 6:50pm On Mar 20
Obaseki the unfaithful friend

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by ttobizz(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20
MrProlific95:
Obaseki the unfaithful friend

I see a different Obaseki .
Educational reforms
Economic stability
Mining reforms
Human capital development

I see an Obaseki for the people and not the selected few

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by bobbyblaze4life: 7:16pm On Mar 20
This is a very welcome development as it would boost the economic value and financial base of Edo State through such Utilitarian partnerships
Kudos to the Edo State Governor for this initiative 👏 👍 🙌 👌 💪

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by agboncol: 8:18pm On Mar 20
Is a silence worker

3 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by LagosFirstSon: 8:23pm On Mar 20
Obaseki my guy , the slayer of Tinubu and Oshiomhole

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Depriest2020: 8:32pm On Mar 20
The black 🖤 man can never extract the God giving mineral resources at his backyard unless the white 🤍 man comes.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by press9jatv: 8:36pm On Mar 20
Good reforms from Obaseki administration. Really Obaseki is a silent achiever

7 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Creamypie(m): 8:38pm On Mar 20
Inferiority complex. If na u.k or eastern or western state this mineral dey, them go call Nigerians to extract it? Y not set up a team, send them abroad for training and then engage them here. Sane with oil. Blackman is 1000000 miles behind

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Moyinoluwa35(f): 6:38am On Mar 21
Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Westerhoffe(m): 6:38am On Mar 21
I wonder when this country is ever going to get it right.

You have such a competitive mineral; you couldn't figure what you are to do with them other than to call in foreigners to come and start mining them for you.

If those do not train their people on it, will you have left it there?

This country would just never get it right… never.

10 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by tutudesz: 6:39am On Mar 21
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by id4sho(m): 6:39am On Mar 21
Audio Project tongue

3 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:39am On Mar 21
Hummmm
Is this progress?

Must we bring foreigners to do everything for us in this country?

5 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by chopnaira: 6:39am On Mar 21
AI will continue the good works of Obaseki.
Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by phemmie06(m): 6:40am On Mar 21
Nice one but that doesn't mean you're not an ingrate

1 Like

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by YoungLionken(m): 6:41am On Mar 21
Foreigners are always exploiting our natural resources with ease and freelance, but when we apply to their countries, it becomes something else embarassed. I really wished we could stress them too (sometimes intentionally deny them visa for no reason), whenever they want to come around..

Come to think of it in comparison, what they take from us is far more than what we take from them; they come here harvesting what will fetch them millions, billions of dollars. Unlike we that go there and begin to hustle for peanuts (when you compare). It saddens my heart, really embarassed...

7 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:42am On Mar 21
Okay

1 Like

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by wizelink(m): 6:44am On Mar 21
Okay. Make dey money from that project no end in the pockets of these mindless politicians while the masses suffer the environmental effects of the project

1 Like

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Amayabor1: 6:51am On Mar 21
ttobizz:

Educational reforms
Economic stability
Mining reforms

Look at this sycophant. Go through Benin city and you will weep. Obaseki is the worst thing to ever happen to Edo state

2 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by seunlayi(m): 6:53am On Mar 21
Backward continent

1 Like

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by pocom35: 6:53am On Mar 21
Up EDO cool

Let's remind ourselves that lithium didn't just appear in Edo .they have always been there..it doesn't make sense if no Nigerian was willing to invest there and you see foreigners pick up interest...then next you start hearing..black people, economic slaves, government..etc

Meanwhile the 10 largest tribes in Africa 👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JIbT43UVmk

2 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by pocom35: 6:53am On Mar 21
NOETHNICITY:
Hummmm
Is this progress?

Must we bring foreigners to do everything for us in this country?

No foreign investment...you complain..now you have foreign investors you still complain..

If it is Dangote that was going to explore that area you will still complain monopoly

What is the colour of your problem undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Chukwuka319(m): 6:53am On Mar 21
That's great for the state.At least the collaboration with the Russian firm would add to the economic growth and development of Edo state, and will provide job opportunities for the youths of the state.
On the other hand, the West most especially the US will never be happy and comfortable over this and the fact that Russia is increasingly gaining an economic influence across Africa.
These abomination legalizing Pigs expected their useless sanctions to cripple Russia's economy when they imposed them over her invasion of Ukraine,but rather she resisted them, circumvented them and her economy is still buoyant.
Believe it or not, Russia and China are the reason, the West hasn't totally rubbished the developing nations and made them economic slaves.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by atobs4real(m): 6:56am On Mar 21
Good development. We still have lithium in other states

1 Like

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Judolisco(m): 7:00am On Mar 21
ttobizz:

Educational reforms
Economic stability
Mining reforms

lol.. Because say u dey benefit no mean say make u dey lie
Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by dkidd: 7:01am On Mar 21
Depriest2020:
The black 🖤 man can never extract the God giving mineral resources at his backyard unless the white 🤍 man comes.

Exactly and th process of extracting lithium consumes significant amounts of water and energy energy that we do not have. It destroys the natural ecosystem in the process as lithium mining pollutes the air and water with chemicals and heavy metals.

The production of lithium-ion batteries that power electric vehicles results in more carbon dioxide emissions than the production of gasoline-powered cars and their disposal at the end of their life cycle is a growing environmental concern as more and more electric vehicles populate the world's roads.

And along the line the white man will monopolize control of it like they did fossil fuels eventually. It's a good development but I'm more concerned about safe practices and the future of the environment they're intending to explore and at what cost?

5 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by BigBashiru: 7:05am On Mar 21
Creamypie:
Inferiority complex. If na u.k or eastern or western state this mineral dey, them go call Nigerians to extract it? Y not set up a team, send them abroad for training and then engage them here. Sane with oil. Blackman is 1000000 miles behind

I agree. How many Nigerian companies hv been awarded similar contracts in UK Europe?

Any little thing Nigeria calls foreign companies.

It's an open invitation to be colonized.

Rail - call China
Military - call US
Minerals - Russia
Crude oil exploration- call UK and their companies like Shell

Shame on Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Impregnable101: 7:05am On Mar 21
ttobizz:

Educational reforms
Economic stability
Mining reforms

Oga keep shut! I'm from Edo and i don't do politics but obaseki is the most useless governor we ever had, after luckesman though

3 Likes

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Ningishzida: 7:08am On Mar 21
YoungLionken:
Foreigners are always exploiting our natural resources with ease and freelance, but when we apply to their countries, it becomes something else embarassed. I really wished we could stress them too (sometimes intentionally deny them visa for no reason), whenever they want to come around..

Come to think of it in comparison, what they take from us is far more than what we take from them; they come here harvesting what will fetch them millions, billions of dollars. Unlike we that go there and begin to hustle for peanuts (when you compare). It saddens my heart, really embarassed...

It used to sadden my heart too until I started seeking after truth and realized that there are 'Ages' and Seasons.

1 Like

Re: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo by Watcharena: 7:11am On Mar 21
Creamypie:
lol having the knowledge is not enough capital start such project is huge.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More / Photos Of The Fattest Python You Will Ever See! As Big As A Tree Trunk / KOWA, ACD Candidates Step Down For Ize-Iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.