Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? (924 Views)

Cultist Caught With A Gun In Bayelsa. Beaten Mercilessly (Photos) / California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. / Police Engages Herdsmen In A Gun Duel In Benue, Kills One In The Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by GeneralKoko(m): 10:56am On Mar 21
I haven't had a gun pointed at me before. What about you?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by Myrepublic(m): 3:42pm On Mar 21
Yes,by the then SARS .. When they were always misbehaving ,before the end SARS protest.. They even threatened to shoot ,if I dial any number on my phone again,while I was with them at their road block ..
Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by Franzinni: 7:54am On Mar 22
Yes ... By fulani bandits ...
Location... Obajana road

The feeling is something you can't forget especially when you look into the dark void of the barrel knowing something can come out of the darkness and end you.

This happened around 2008 or 09, at that time they didn't know the value of kidnapping so they just robbed us, beat some like cows and then they strolled back into the bush.... Drinking the red wine they stole from us.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by Jakumo(m): 8:10am On Mar 22
Franzinni:
Yes ... By fulani bandits ...
Location... Obajana road

The feeling is something you can't forget especially when you look into the dark void of the barrel knowing something can come out of the darkness and end you.

This happened around 2008 or 09, at that time they didn't know the value of kidnapping so they just robbed us, beat some like cows and then they strolled back into the bush.... Drinking the red wine they stole from us.

You should write a book about your experiences in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by Franzinni: 9:22am On Mar 22
Jakumo:

You should write a book about your experiences in Nigeria.
men that is great advice bro... I would ruminate on it. Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by Gerrard59(m): 10:08pm On Mar 22
Twice.

One in secondary school. I and a group of my classmates went to a sit out opposite a bank across the road. I followed them because of peer reasons as the school stated that those who didn't pay their terminal sporting fees will not be allowed into the school. Meanwhile, I paid mine, but stoopidly followed these boys. Few minutes while seated there, a dude came to tell us that we're seating in a place where bad boys congregate and we should leave immediately. None of us took it seriously, but looking back, I think the majority of the boys got mentally prepared, which I didn't as I wasn't used to running because of an emergency.

Few minutes later, a group of policemen surrounded us pointing guns at us. In split seconds, everyone ran away at various angles. The main capon - one who led us - had his shirt grabbed by a policeman, only for him to use his fist to forcefully hit the policeman's hands off his shirt. I and one other lad were apprehended. I couldn't run as I saw that gun pointed at me. I just freezed!

They took us in their van and drove round the area, first to a petrol station where they bought fuel and we saw someone who recognised our uniforms and begged him to inform the school. While inside the hilux van, they told us to sing popular songs then, especially the ones by artists from the state. The other lad couldn't sing it well, but I sang mine with tears running down my cheeks so well my fellow classmate started laughing. I put in my best as the policemen stated that anyone who sings so well will get released. I believed them, foolishly anyway. Later, we were informed we would be taken to the station but before then, they'd branch somewhere to drink. Taken to the police station, that statement made me shed tears as my mom warned I and siblings never to get into trouble with the police as she doesn't like them. So, if anyone gets into trouble with the police, that person is On Your Own (OYO). It means I would have to contact my dad, but he was out of town. Well, we got to the drinking spot and luckily, the folks who managed the place were the kinsmen of the other lad. They spoke to him in the local dialect and further discussed with the policemen. Obviously, to know why he got arrested. Few minutes later, they told me to go home as everything was OK. I was so relieved!!!!!! cry cry Till date, my secondary schoolmates use that experience to taunt me. I still thank the other lad for his kinsmen assistance.

Second was when police men barged into our house stating that a hotel of us (we live close to it) harboured an underage girl, which was entirely untrue as we had a policy never to lodge an adult man with an underage girl no matter who he was or how much he offered. My dad wasn't around, so they arrested or better still kidnapped my mom. Before then, a gun was pointed at me when I came into the house to rectify something. I freezed! I wept as my mom got kidnapped as I couldn't do anything. My siblings who were sleeping woke up later to hear the tale. I had to go to the station to bail her out with 50K. Terrible experience.

Till today, two things are dread are dogs and the sight of a Nigerian policeman with a gun.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by Hisimperialmaje(m): 10:52pm On Mar 22
I've got a gun pointed at me twice that I can clearly remember,, first was on a rainy morning here and boys My age were smoking weed in a bunk when suddenly a van of police patrol Van rushed in on us , captured every one and told us to line up against the wall,, we were each slapped like thrice while being pointed big guns.. I nearly pissed on myself... Before we were thrown into the police van we were asked to remove our shirts, and as you match to the van an officer will use koboko to design your back....
My second experience was when a nervous colleague of mine in school was viaing for the position of an exectioner in school,,, this guy came with his boys to our drinking joint pulled out a Dane gun pistol pointed directly at me and said jazz down your not loyal ,, I just looked at him,, my colleagues were begging me to go down for him,, I later obliged and my phone was robbed by the squad... From that day on I promised myself that gun no go work for my body again

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by dkidd: 9:13am On Mar 23
First time was my own Dad after I was expelled in ss1 for misbehaviour... My wahala was too much. That night he called me inside his room and before u know it I done dey collect panelbeating in my bid to escape na English B I immediately froze and thought this is it for me. I still escaped sha he was the one still looking for me with police to bring me home. I just sorry for am come back grin

Second and third were trigger happy policemen. One time for late night waka. I was supposed to be in school but I traveled down to Benin because of groove on our way to plaza to pick girls police round us up with guns. Another time in school one jealous man called police on us for protecting some of his female tenants he was harassing for sex and threatening. Those girls were like my kid sisters so when dey report I made sure we were there every evening with them just chilling and doing everything.

Fourth time was during interfrat matter and I was labeled a rebel by my own trusted guy and he was the one who pointed the gun at my head very late that night as I was going to see my school son not knowing they had been waiting for me to show up. I later found out he did the move to protect me though. I was able to clear myself with the gun pointed and pressed against my head.

Another time in a gathering I walked into unplanned they just did it to oppress me because I no dey run things with them they said I was always forming, ignoring them and selecting people I move with like I should be relating with every riffraff because say we dey same levels. If ur head no straight I don't know u. They sha get me that day sha. Obtain my phones. And painful thing is that these were just domestic boys when nor dey school. But I came back with my squad pick every single one of them and they understood the difference in the end.
The last was policemen who robbed me while I was asleep in my hotel room. I was set-up by the runs girl I controlled that night. The banging on the door was disturbing cos I actually slept off while my friends were drinking at the bar on me. The witch girl said she wanted to go get condoms na so I sleep wake up hear banging for door. It was a friends voice I heard that made me open the door only to see three hungry police men with AK's pointed at me saying I'm a rapist and I threatened to kill her lol. I even gave the broke bitchc money to get the condoms. They still carry me reach corner disarm me like 30k+... That was about 2017 I just respect myself cos I didn't want popsy to hear make Dem no say I never still change cos I just came home to visit and decided to chill at that useless hotel that night when I for jejely go my family house enjoy sleep for my big bed

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by Jakumo(m): 10:38am On Mar 23
Gerrard59:
Twice.

One in secondary school. I and a group of my classmates went to a sit out opposite a bank across the road. I followed them because of peer reasons as the school stated that those who didn't pay their terminal sporting fees will not be allowed into the school. Meanwhile, I paid mine, but stoopidly followed these boys. Few minutes while seated there, a dude came to tell us that we're seating in a place where bad boys congregate and we should leave immediately. None of us took it seriously, but looking back, I think the majority of the boys got mentally prepared, which I didn't as I wasn't used to running because of an emergency.

Few minutes later, a group of policemen surrounded us pointing guns at us. In split seconds, everyone ran away at various angles. The main capon - one who led us - had his shirt grabbed by a policeman, only for him to use his fist to forcefully hit the policeman's hands off his shirt. I and one other lad were apprehended. I couldn't run as I saw that gun pointed at me. I just freezed!

They took us in their van and drove round the area, first to a petrol station where they bought fuel and we saw someone who recognised our uniforms and begged him to inform the school. While inside the hilux van, they told us to sing popular songs then, especially the ones by artists from the state. The other lad couldn't sing it well, but I sang mine with tears running down my cheeks so well my fellow classmate started laughing. I put in my best as the policemen stated that anyone who sings so well will get released .

I believed them, foolishly anyway. Later, we were informed we would be taken to the station but before then, they'd branch somewhere to drink. Taken to the police station, that statement made me shed tears as my mom warned I and siblings never to get into trouble with the police as she doesn't like them. So, if anyone gets into trouble with the police, that person is On Your Own (OYO). It means I would have to contact my dad, but he was out of town. Well, we got to the drinking spot and luckily, the folks who managed the place were the kinsmen of the other lad. They spoke to him in the local dialect and further discussed with the policemen. Obviously, to know why he got arrested. Few minutes later, they told me to go home as everything was OK. I was so relieved!!!!!! cry cry Till date, my secondary schoolmates use that experience to taunt me. I still thank the other lad for his kinsmen assistance.

Second was when police men barged into our house stating that a hotel of us (we live close to it) harboured an underage girl, which was entirely untrue as we had a policy never to lodge an adult man with an underage girl no matter who he was or how much he offered. My dad wasn't around, so they arrested or better still kidnapped my mom. Before then, a gun was pointed at me when I came into the house to rectify something. I freezed! I wept as my mom got kidnapped as I couldn't do anything. My siblings who were sleeping woke up later to hear the tale. I had to go to the station to bail her out with 50K. Terrible experience.

Till today, two things are dread are dogs and the sight of a Nigerian policeman with a gun.

Hahaha I haven't laughed so hard in a while. You know the chit is real when you are forced to sing joyously at gunpoint hahaha

Also, I would be seriously dismayed to hear from my arresting police officer that we would first visit a drinking joint before finally heading to the police station. On the one hand, I would be silently rejoicing in the possibility of escape when the policemen get drunk. At the same time, I would also be apprehensive about the cops firing celebratory shots when drunk, and killing me in the process.

Finally, as a responsible dog owner in good standing, I am not amused with how you listed your twin phobias as dogs and Nigerian policemen. Please in the future try not to tarnish the good name of our four-legged, tail-wagging furry canine friends.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by Reelmii: 11:46am On Mar 23
Yes oo..can never forget that day grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by richiemcgold: 2:21pm On Mar 23
Year 2013, at the car park gate of Akure sports stadium, SARS pulled up beside me at night around 9pm and asked me to enter their van.

"Oga why I go enter when I no be criminal? For roadside? Wetin be my offence?" I dey challenge them.

Na so one of them jumped down from the rear, another one commot from the van, both of them were pointing their AK gun at me. I just come down right away, come dey do yes sir, yes daddy, yes sir, like Mr Obi.

..the kind slap I chop that night, hehn! Na God go judge the matter for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by dangotesmummy: 8:29pm On Mar 23
Yes by one police man before the end Sars issue.i was coming back from work and because he was speeding,he nearly caused an accident.i told him to calm down that he almost caused an accident with his reckless driving.meanwhile the bike man's head was already on the ground.he fell with his bike on the ground and he was already bleeding and instead of the police to apologize and help or at least go he pointed a gun at mi and said who do you think you are.i looked into his eyes and saw he was already high at that point I just applied emotional intelligence and said no vex.i lifted the Okada man up,dusted his clothes and said let's go.

However my heart was cursing him.since then whenever I see police officer with a gun I remember that incident

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by SALIMAN(m): 5:46am On Mar 24
Well well Nigeria Police
Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by MrsAminaBello(f): 8:34am On Mar 24
GeneralKoko:
I haven't had a gun pointed at me before. What about you?
A gun has been pointed on me once, the criminal is even a member of this forum by moniker DKM123.
She created a thread seeking for a job as life wasn't rosy with her, being moved with empathy I then hired her to be working and managing my business, I never knew she's a thief and an armed robber. On that fateful evening after sales I drove in to collect her all the money from the sales so I could deposit to the bank the following day but she had planned with her boyfriend to rob me that evening, as soon as I stepped into the shop she held me by my throat while the boyfriend pointed a gun on my forehead, emptied my bank account using POS and forcefully took my car keys and all the money I had with me and both of them disappeared with my Toyota Avalon and goods worth millions of naira.
This happened last year and intelligence report gathered is that they both travelled and flew to Ghana.
Karma will come on them soon

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by kereman1: 8:52am On Mar 24
In school one of my homeboy just bought a car, we were 3 in the car I was in the back seat cruising along bank road Owerri, all of a sudden a SARS hilux double cross us,
Come down shouted the jnr officer, we all came down, I wasn't really scared cos I had my ID cards with me,
Where is your drivers license and other car documents requested the officer, my homeboy showed them all, he bought the Toyota camry in him mother's name, them cudnt kind anything against us, so they switch tactics,
Then goes the killer question, there is your tinted glass permit, homeboy was tryan to explain with no evidence, nest thing was a resounding slap, having all 3 of us panicking, he stylishly signal me to remove the key from the ignition, which I did and disembarked. I took a bus straight down to my hostel,
After like 3jrs I saw the same hilux, driving to our hostel, fortunately I had the car keys with me, Naso I fling the keg to the SARS officers, jump fence escape. After 2 days my guys were released they spend over 200k, cos the officers accused them of being cult members.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by DKM123: 9:06am On Mar 24
MrsAminaBello:
A gun has been pointed on me once, the criminal is even a member of this forum.
She created a thread seeking for a job as life wasn't rosy with her, being moved with empathy I then hired her to be working and managing my business, I never knew she's a thief and an armed robber. On that fateful evening after sales I drove in to collect her all the money from the sales so I could deposit to the bank the following day but she had planned with her boyfriend to rob me that evening, as soon as I stepped into the shop she held me by my throat while the boyfriend pointed a gun on my forehead, emptied my bank account using POS and forcefully took my car keys and all the money I had with me and both of them disappeared with my Toyota Avalon and goods worth millions of naira.
This happened last year and intelligence report gathered is that they both travelled and flew to Ghana.
Karma will come on them soon

Victor Omerigwe the 40 year old expelled teacher, a paedoph!le g@y rap!st and Ch!ld molester, resident Nairaland beggar and perpetual internet scammer also known as HellVictorinho6 aka abba190 aka TrustNone aka EbenezerTriumph aka keet13 aka MrsAminaBello and 40 other monikers....

You think I am those people you scam and then use your many monikers to lie and harass them when they call you out abi?

Hahaha! I will keep coming for you until you are arrested for scamming a p00r widowed mother of 4 and scouting for underaged kids on the internet to m0lest. You must pay for all your evul doings.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by emmi14: 6:09pm On Apr 19
kereman1:
In school one of my homeboy just bought a car, we were 3 in the car I was in the back seat cruising along bank road Owerri, all of a sudden a SARS hilux double cross us,
Come down shouted the jnr officer, we all came down, I wasn't really scared cos I had my ID cards with me,
Where is your drivers license and other car documents requested the officer, my homeboy showed them all, he bought the Toyota camry in him mother's name, them cudnt kind anything against us, so they switch tactics,
Then goes the killer question, there is your tinted glass permit, homeboy was tryan to explain with no evidence, nest thing was a resounding slap, having all 3 of us panicking, he stylishly signal me to remove the key from the ignition, which I did and disembarked. I took a bus straight down to my hostel,
After like 3jrs I saw the same hilux, driving to our hostel, fortunately I had the car keys with me, Naso I fling the keg to the SARS officers, jump fence escape. After 2 days my guys were released they spend over 200k, cos the officers accused them of being cult members.
Madness get models. This is case of madness.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by pretydiva(f): 9:25pm On Apr 19
Yes . Back then in uni outside my room. Was sitting on the chair close to the window, my roommates and a friend of ours were all inside

Two guys walked up to me asking for a random person told them I had no idea. Was still pressing my phone when something in me prompted me to lift up my eyes lo and behold one of them pointed a gun at me😪

I knew the gun was real so I had to cooperate. They took me to the room, they robbed all four of us. We were all girls. Took our phones and other valuables.

Asked me in particular to stand up. I was taken to the next door neighbor were a young girl came for her post utme. I knocked on the door, told her to help me with matches. She opened and they pushed me to the ground. They took her phone too and the next thing I heard from her was bros Abeg make una give me the sim😳

Ehh, in my mind I was like Shuo this girl no Dey fear ni? They actually gave her the sim. That was how they left us in the room. Thought they had gone far when I saw a guy downstairs and raised alarm. The guy was about chasing the thieves but they started shooting. See me begin cry😭. Who send me raise alarm. Had to start saying my last prayer just in case they come back to ask who raised the alarm.

Omo! I just thank God we were not harmed or raped. It’s one experience I don’t wish on anybody .

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Gun Pointed At You? by Fisiryorh(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23
Dem don point + shoot so many times...

Daarh, ko le easy mehn...

(1) (Reply)

Great Looking Minisites - Step By Step Guide / Tenant Kills Landlords Daughter Over Slippers / Going To America In A Suitcase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.