Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG (11837 Views)

Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation / El-Rufai: FG Slowing Down Efforts Of North-West Governors To End Banditry / Sue Police & FG For Aiding And Abetting In Benue Assembly Saga (2) (3) (4)

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Ejebleje: 5:04pm On Mar 22
Kindly let us know the states that are reluctant,let's begin shaming them

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by nairalanda1(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22
Melagros:
COMRADES, I see this state police as puppets in the hands of state governors when finally set up

It is possible, but at the end, if any governor wants to make his or her state attractive to investment, the state police better work independent.

Still, issue remains funding
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by tnerro1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 22
I don’t mind joining state police, I go tough well well ooo😁, I catch you doing anyhow in the bush, you are gone, no need for arrest
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by d142475: 5:13pm On Mar 22
The governors are the biggest problems in Nigeria. Even with the anachronistic system we operate in Nigeria, if governors are good and efficient managers of state resources, Nigeria will be great. See what a few governors were able to do with little : Peter Obi (Anambra), Fasola and Ambode (Lagos), Umahi (Ebonyi), Prince Abubakar Audu ( Kogi), El-Rufai (Kaduna, though he is a terroist sympathizer), Duke (Cross-River), Akpabio ( Akwa Ibom, though he is a bad senate president), Otti ( Abia), etc. . .
Again the problem is the Nigerian system that creates the fertile ground for criminals and incompetent stooges to be installed as governors. Imagine how the destiny of Abia state changed for good when one single public servant (that female professor) stood up for the right thing. We don't have enough good, upright public officials to stand up for the right thing and challenge the status quo.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Eriokanmi: 5:15pm On Mar 22
helinues:
We are not matured yet for state police

Those governors would abuse the power
What would you say of Federal police being used to snatch ballot boxes and intimidate opponents by the same governors cheesy. No better time to start than now.

You belong to the school of thoughts with those who once said Nigeria wasn't ripe for using atm in banks decades ago, as they did in developed countries because it would be bugled by armed robbers. Today, there are atms even inside malls and schools in Nigeria yet, nobody has come to remove or take them away.

Learn from the conduct of the amotekun corps. Many expected them to fail so they'd use it as a proof that we're not ripe for state police in Nigeria. Instead, they've saved lives since their formation. I see them everywhere I go within the SW, even in hard to reach places

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Johnthesuccess: 5:16pm On Mar 22
limeta:
If there was no game the fed should list the names of the snail pace governors
It will never happen under APC government never .

Cry more..your crying is joy to some of us.

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by emerged01(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22
Melagros:
COMRADES, I see this state police as puppets in the hands of state governors when finally set up
We must grow. As good as water is it kills.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by EconomistXplain: 5:22pm On Mar 22
Chinkoalhaji34:
Tinubus leadership has successfully pushed for the implementation of state police, but more efforts are needed from the remaining 20 states to ensure its speedy and effective takeoff.

With loads of uniform state officials paraded by state to do one thing or the other fpr the state..and these officers are in thousands...a beg who go pay state police...?
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Stephench: 5:22pm On Mar 22
How can you get state police without true federalism? How do you want them to pay? Start with true federalism, then make Police, power generation and several other stuffs a state affair and see competition. Any state that refuses to sit up would then be left behind

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Antoeni(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22
State police Will Become Governor Tools For Thuggery, Witchunting of political Opponents,
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22
Melagros:
when good thing is coming, people like you will block it
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:27pm On Mar 22
How true can this be when i tot governors were the ones clamouring and may even hijack the various state police for there personal selfish gains!

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Blue3k(m): 5:32pm On Mar 22
Lol it's the state assemblies not thr governors. The governor doesn't get a vote.

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by jconsulting(f): 5:39pm On Mar 22
When you check the list if non compliance is still the state being rampage by insecurity
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Blue3k(m): 5:49pm On Mar 22
helinues:

If ordinary pastor can be abusing power because of privilege, how much more of the state governors..

#freeIjele

What's stopping your state assembly from checking your governors? If you guys can't handle police for don't establish one just like prisons.

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by helinues: 5:50pm On Mar 22
Blue3k:

What's stopping your state assembly from checking your governors? If you guys can't handle police for don't establish one just like prisons.

The state assembly who are under the cover of the state governor??..
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Blue3k(m): 5:56pm On Mar 22
helinues:

They're not slaves to the governor. They can override vetos as they please. Find a new excuse please.

helinues:
Even though it might be political but that's how our state assembly supposed to work but they are under the cage of the governors

Hold your state assembly accountable.

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Korectmann: 6:08pm On Mar 22
helinues:

This is my last warning to you. Desist from flooding my inbox with job request. I have told you that you are not qualified to be employed in our firm since you dropped out at primary three. Pls stop sending me emails ok. If you continue I might involve the police to arrest you. Don't disturb me again.

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by faceland: 6:18pm On Mar 22
I supported this initiative but now am worried of abuse due to corruption.

It is best we recruit more police and Civil Defense.

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by allthingsgood: 6:26pm On Mar 22
softtorce:
So The wanton killing across several n nearly all LGA should continue when the president does not even know where such local govt is ba ?!

Abeg no de make this kind comment. I take God beg you.

Why should president know every local govt? is he a police officer
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by allthingsgood: 6:27pm On Mar 22
limeta:
If there was no game the fed should list the names of the snail pace governors
It will never happen under APC government never .

Rest.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Tetraozonaitera: 6:29pm On Mar 22
Olachase:
any Governor that didn't complied should be remove from sit

i don't like what i hate undecided undecided

Likewise I too, I hate what I don't like.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by occfx: 6:50pm On Mar 22
The governors are avoiding expenses and responsibilities. They just want to use their 4yrs to loot the hell out of the state and run away

Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Iceberg3: 6:50pm On Mar 22
The state police should be well armed and equipped to counter terrorists and bandits and these marauding killer herdsman.... But I really doubt if they will be able to function in this naija
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Osanoghodua1: 6:56pm On Mar 22
People opposing state police are devoid of internal security workings. Only communities can comfortably safeguard the State not foreigners that come here to extort money and build mosque in police stations and free their terrorist brothers when arrested.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by CountinBlessins(m): 7:08pm On Mar 22
helinues:

Modified: #FreeIjele, na so one pastor arrested one of the NL members because the guy said he his a fake pastor and almost all his miracle stunts na lie. If no be abuse of power, why can't the pastor pray to God to punish Ijele without involving DSS, okay God no dey work like that, then go to LUTH where real sick people dey and perform wonders, he couldn't.

If ordinary pastor can be abusing power because of privilege, how much more of the state governors..

#freeIjele

Do not be stupid , if you don't have facts stop with your propaganda.

I was prvy to the whole saga by virtue of following it on social media

I watched the video were ijelespeaks was threatening a man and his family for getting involved between him and the pastor .

Ijelespeaks threatened someone's life on Facebook video , the video is available online if you don't believe me

Alla of you who feel free to abuse social media will be arrested one by one . You and your gang
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by SoNature(m): 7:20pm On Mar 22
helinues:

Modified: #FreeIjele, na so one pastor arrested one of the NL members because the guy said he his a fake pastor and almost all his miracle stunts na lie. If no be abuse of power, why can't the pastor pray to God to punish Ijele without involving DSS, okay God no dey work like that, then go to LUTH where real sick people dey and perform wonders, he couldn't.

#freeIjele
Stop writing what you know nothing about.

Ebuka Obi is not a pastor.

Besides, this is a case of character assassination.

He will be taken to court so he can provide evidence that Ebuka Obi is an arrangee evangelist.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Abbeytoy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 22
Those Governors are brain behind all the atrocity in their respective states just to get more found from federal government or to gain more political, so they don't want it to stop.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by being(m): 7:39pm On Mar 22
helinues:

U can't just throw away the baby with d dirty bath water. Local policing has become very necessary with d fulani herdsmen problem.. why do u think SW had to start amotekun, SE started ESN (though not d govs)Or even civilian JTF in the NE? what u should rather be talking about is how there will be checks and balances. And I'd rather a zonal police force with a chief executive and govs in d zone as board members.. this helps funding (which is what d govs are currently afraid of) and also is some kind of check and balance..
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by Chimex82: 8:03pm On Mar 22
The state governors are afraid to take full responsibility for funding and equipping of their various State police forces. Yet they were all shouting give us State police.
The ball is now in their court.
Re: Governors Slowing Down Take-Off Of State Police - FG by FaceTanke: 8:37pm On Mar 22
Korectmann:
Hello, do you want to be a police officer? I can make it happen within seconds.

Can you help me?

5000 Flee As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue And Nassarawa / Court Sacks Abdurauf Moddibo, Adamawa APC Rep-elect / Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief