Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,525 members, 7,958,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief (11889 Views)

Twitter User Takes Shot At Ben Bruce, Calls Him "An Unfortunate Man" / Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr / Nigeria Denies Ex-US Envoy, Campbell, Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by free2ryhme: 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Sqkn3tmG2Ok/T83zeRYHTHI/AAAAAAAAaJM/H7Qn0sDMrrg/s320/2.jpg[/img]

Air Nigeria has released a statement to debunk what they term 'negative and false information' being circulated by the dismissed finance director of the airline, John Nnorom (pictured above). The statement made available to journalists below...

The management of Air Nigeria wishes to draw the attention of the general public to the false and negative stories being spread by one of its ex- Finance Directors, John Nnorom, who is currently facing criminal charges of stealing and conversion. Mr. Nnorom is an illiterate in the maintenance of aircraft as he only worked in the finance department of the airline before he was dismissed. Mr. Nnorom after his dismissal was declared wanted by the police until his subsequent arrest and the recovery of the sum of $100, 000 from him.

The Nigeria Police authority has since charged him for stealing and criminal conversion while the court has admitted him to bail as his criminal trial continues.

The general public is advised to disregard any such negative stories and false information by Nnorom (either in the print, electronic or online media).
Air Nigeria has been flying the air space in the last 10 years with first class record of safety, without any accidents or even emergency landings.
This record remains the integrity of our existence which cannot be compromised. The airline is also a proud member of the IATA and the oldest member in West Africa and one of the oldest in Africa.

http://lindaikeji..dk/2012/06/air-nigeria-debunks-ex-directors-claims.html#more
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by MrGlobe(m): 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ok, I hear you Air Nigeria but all the same, am never boarding. A word is always enough for the wise. You can play the politics involved.

4 Likes

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Piyke: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Ok, I hear you Air Nigeria but all the same, am never boarding. A word is always enough for the wise. You can play the politics involved.

Thank you my brother, there's no smoke without fire. I've already eliminated them as an option because I believe there must be some element of truth in this.
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
free2ryhme: [img]http://3.bp..com/-Sqkn3tmG2Ok/T83zeRYHTHI/AAAAAAAAaJM/H7Qn0sDMrrg/s320/2.jpg[/img]

Air Nigeria has released a statement to debunk what they term 'negative and false information' being circulated by the dismissed finance director of the airline, John Nnorom (pictured above). The statement made available to journalists below...

The Nigeria Police authority has since charged him for stealing and criminal conversion while the court has admitted him to bail as his criminal trial continues.

The general public is advised to disregard any such negative stories and false information by Nnorom (either in the print, electronic or online media).
Air Nigeria has been flying the air space in the last 10 years with first class record of safety, without any accidents or even emergency landings.
This record remains the integrity of our existence which cannot be compromised. The airline is also a proud member of the IATA and the oldest member in West Africa and one of the oldest in Africa.

we hear you.
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by valencia25(m): 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Businesstools(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
Who do we believe?
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by 1forall: 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
I once worked there and have friends who still do. From what I know/hear I choose to believe John Nnorom.

6 Likes

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Demdem(m): 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
Damage justifiably done.
Air Nigeria is still a no-no

1 Like

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Orikinla(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
Mr. Globe:
. Make una no provoke Jimoh Ibrahim o!
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by club12: 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
Another drama in the making,I strongly believe that the best way to go is to carry out a complete overhaul of our aviation industry.Human lives has no value as long as the operators bribe their ways through.... hence our safety standard becomes compromised.We only need one or two persons that will initiate the transformation process.
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by niddamugu(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
1forall: I once worked there and have friends who still do. From what I know/hear, I choose to believe John Nnorom.

Nnorom - a DISMISSED staff, you - an EX-STAFF - I expect both of you to think and talk alike probably from a disgruntled mind. If you are calling for safety please do so without bias. DON'T raise alarm just for the sake of it. After all, several flights have taken off and landed in our airports after the DANA air crash and these planes carried human beings, not animals.

1 Like

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by akpanbaba: 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
That was expected especialy as the claims came from a man of director's status in the organisation.They can call him illiterate but i have understood the information the man passed .

3 Likes

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by juman(m): 4:43pm On Jun 05, 2012
1forall: I once worked there and have friends who still do. From what I know/hear I choose to believe John Nnorom.

Hmmm, Allahu Akbar
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
So which aeroplane person go enter now?
Dana and Air Nigeria- Flying coffins
Arik: Delayed flight+ rude staff
Aero: their planes look fckd up
Chanchangi & IRS: @ ur own risk

1 Like

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by saviola24: 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
Yes we don hear.. John Nnorom na thief,bt d koko b say it takes a thief 2knw a thief. Again answer d allegation.she na true say Air Nigeria na flyin coffin @ Jimoh Ibrahim.

3 Likes

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
niddamugu:

Nnorom - a DISMISSED staff, you - an EX-STAFF - I expect both of you to think and talk alike probably from a disgruntled mind. If you are calling for safety please do so without bias. DON'T raise alarm just for the sake of it. After all, several flights have taken off and landed in our airports after the DANA air crash and these planes carried human beings, not animals.
stubborn fly. Dem don warn u u still dey talk,hw i wish na u dey dana make one person survive.
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by juman(m): 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2012
club12: Another drama in the making,I strongly believe that the best way to go is to carry out a complete overhaul of our aviation industry.Human lives has no value as long as the operators bribe their ways through.... hence our safety standard becomes compromised.We only need one or two persons that will initiate the transformation process.

Not only aviation sector, the government is generally weak. They should be more determined to deliver and be more sincere.
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
Babzilla: So which aeroplane person go enter now?

bros we go manage Arik if dem like make dem slap me like DKB i go swallow am. All na safe flight person dey find.
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by la19(m): 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
This is Supper story.

free2ryhme: [img]http://3.bp..com/-Sqkn3tmG2Ok/T83zeRYHTHI/AAAAAAAAaJM/H7Qn0sDMrrg/s320/2.jpg[/img]

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
Orikinla: . Make una no provoke Jimoh Ibrahim o!

Shaaataarp who is he, one of those criminals.... ask him if he flies nigeria airways he wouldnt dare undecided
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by inspirenet: 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
serious
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Slyr0x: 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
PURE NONSENSE!

I had a flight booked with Air Nigeria on sunday (Lagos -Abuja), but on getting to MM2, the stoopid staff that was meant to check me in just went "Our Engineers are on Strike, go and collect your money back". .There was no remorse shown at all. .I was still vexed not until I heard about the Dana crash. .

Apparently, their Engineers went on strike 'cos they weren't ready to certify aircrafts not worthy to fly.

2 Likes

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
John Nnorom is an IGBO man we say it the way it is, if you like fly Nigeria Airways i no go cry 4 you cool

1 Like

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Esejojo: 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
The version of the ex-director appears more believable - though, we cannot completely eliminate bias in his accusations.

Also, I'm quite unsure of what Air Nigeria meant when they stated in their press release that they've been operating in Nigeria for the past 10 years. Are they including years when they were known as "Virgin Nigeria" and under the management of Richard Branson?

1 Like

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Pennywise(m): 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
Mr. Nnorom is an illiterate in the maintenance of aircraft as he only worked in the finance department of the airline before he was dismissed.

This is laughable. Technical problems will usually begin with finance (or lack of it).

Esejojo: The version of the ex-director appears more believable - though, we cannot completely eliminate bias in his accusations.

Also, I'm quite unsure of what Air Nigeria meant when they stated in their press release that they've been operating in Nigeria for the past 10 years. Are they including years when they were known as "Virgin Nigeria" and under the management of Richard Branson?

It appears some pple wanted the Virgin tradition to continue but peeps like Nnorom preferred the good old days of the Nigeria airways.

1 Like

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by pplsroundtable: 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
Babzilla: So which aeroplane person go enter now?

na waoo my broda and if u say make u use motor-road no good plus armed robber and railway w no even get

http://peoplesroundtable..co.uk/
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Arosa(m): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
The fate of those who fail to take heed to warning is already sealed. lipsrsealed
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by OilSubsidy: 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
Take Heart all those who have lost their loved ones. Words cannot express my sadness at the going ons in my beloved country. We have Demons as leaders!!!! God please come and help us your helpless children. We need a messiah to free us from all the bondages!!!

Now I know why all men of God have resulted to buying private jets for themselves. At least they can monitor the maintenance unlike this coffins been flown in the name of commercial flights. The decay in the Airline industry is as a result of the decay in the entire nigeria system. No area is spared.

I already see a situation where are our rulers(LG Chairmen, Governors, Senators, House of Assembly members, Rep, Ministers, Commisioners and even party stalwarts) will simply steal more to buy their own private planes since it is clear that these businessmen don't give a monkey about the state of their planes only interested in MORE PROFITS! Afterall most of the passengers now just effing blackmen anyway.

Even the President himself is a effing blackman as far as these people are concerned. Who cares!!!

JONATHAN & CO, please do something for your fatherland, PLEASE!!. PREPARE A CONDUSIVE ENVIROMENT FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND THEIR CHILDREN TO ENJOY THIS YOUR ILL GOTTEN WEALTHS!!! Of what benefit will it be for you guys to steal all this money and your children cannot/will not want to return to NIGERIA when you all have gone to the great beyond? IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT??
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by Biggyd2: 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
If only something good will come out of the audit of the airlines by the aviation authorities, then Nigerians will be able to determine who is saying the truth.
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by lovejo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
Accountant are the most influential person in a company, he did not need any training to back his claim because it can be clearly seen from decline in maintenance and other related cost. I will still believe him before any board of management .
Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by 1forall: 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
niddamugu:

With a username like yours I'm not surprised. I expected some pessimist(s) to find something to criticize about my earlier post as is usual. See, the thing about looking for holes in what others say is that you are likely to end up displaying your ignorance in the process. Borrowing from your post - DON'T criticize just for the sake of it.

3 Likes

Re: Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nobody want to die

But

Everybody want to go heaven

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmadu Ali’s Son Re-arraigned For N4.5b Subsidy Fraud / Elections: Remove Lagos REC, Cancel Oluomo's Contract, LP Urges INEC / Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.