Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? (33212 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Is University Education Overrated? / Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:31pm On Nov 16, 2011
Da Doctor:

PEOPLE DEY TALK CONVENANT UNIVERSITY DEY TALK. HOW MANY PROFS UNA EVEN GET FOR UNA SCHOOL? ME FOR ONE HAVE REJECTED AN OFFER FROM your SCHOOL. I DONT DEAL PRIVATE UNIS FOR NOW.
TALK TRUE, na ya bank balance reject the offer not you grin grin grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by DaDoctor: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2011
buzugee:

TALK TRUE, na ya bank balance reject the offer not you grin grin grin

NOPE. THEY PAY WELL. BUT REALLY HOW DO I COME OUT AND SAW I AM A LECTURER FROM CU? GO TO ANY SYMPOSIUM AND PUBLIC LECTURES AND SEE HOW MANY PRIVATE UNI LECTURER IS CALLED UP AND IF ANY, HOW THEY ARE RATED. NOPE LECTURING ISNT ONLY ABOUT MONEY.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2011
Da Doctor:

NOPE. THEY PAY WELL. BUT REALLY HOW DO I COME OUT AND SAW I AM A LECTURER FROM CU? GO TO ANY SYMPOSIUM AND PUBLIC LECTURES AND SEE HOW MANY PRIVATE UNI LECTURER IS CALLED UP AND IF ANY, HOW THEY ARE RATED. NOPE LECTURING ISNT ONLY ABOUT MONEY.
ahhh see i thought you rejected an offer to be a student. i get it now. you rejected an offer to be a lecturer. this man sufferhead done become part of you sha. you enjoy suffer no be small cheesy so you got an offer to lecture in a private university, with higher pay and nice staff accomodation and you said no because you will rather lecture in federal uni ? LOL. yeah righttttt i believe you like i believe pinocchio
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2011
Basildon1:

Naija people and sentiments! I did not go to a private university but let's accept the facts of the situation, UI currently does not justify the past glory which keeps blinding people. The infrastructure is poor, the lecturers lack motivation, a lot of the students lack vision - scrambling for any departments available rather than choosing where they want to be.
true talk
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by kpolli(m): 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2011
Never compare a private to a public uni in naija ever. . . .
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by lucarella: 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2011
lwkmd!!!! grin grin yu gus r still talkn about dat dead sch UI I cn neva send my kids 2 any federal university. full of bribes nd cultism and insecurity and distractions. Your graduates cannot stand Covenant graduates anywhr. Goto Nigerian breweries, goto Exxonmobil, goto New banks. They are filled with private university students.
UI na jst name. If d Wole Soyinka's and other successful pple you eediots are calling had private universities during their tym, do you think dey will goto UI? gimme a break.
I knw why you pple are still makin noise. Its cause ur relatives have not been victims of cultism, or blackmail or all sort of crap dat go on in ferderal universities, if not, u guys wud b singing anoda song by now!! grin grin
Imagine OSU is still operating as a university?? Oh my GOD!!
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by kpolli(m): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2011
what tha Bleep r u talking about. . . . Covenant first class students did KPMG test, more than 90% didn't get up to 50% so wat r u saying?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Lordmok(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2011
Dude I guess u don't knw wat u're talking about I know ur first instinct wud b 2 defend ur skul but facts show dat CU can't compete wit UI in every sense of d word even the rankings of Nigeria's universities shows dat,CU might b d best private uni but it has a really long way 2 go b4 it can stand on equal footing with UI so get ur facts straight next tym
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by gaakgaba: 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2011
@lucarrella. so you dont know the difference between private and public universities? is OSU a federal university?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Lordmok(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
I Neva knew CU students were Lyk dis ,hostel Lyk 4 star hotels,better infrastructure than UI God I Neva realised that u guys cud really deceive yourselves 2 dis level u call does hostels 4 star hotels please seems u guys tink dat the guest house is a 7 star hotel then,UI is better than CU in every sense of d word d Nigerian universities rankings clearly shows dat and please self deceit is really bad so try no 2 deceive urselves next tym
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by DaDoctor: 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2011
buzugee:

ahhh see i thought you rejected an offer to be a student. i get it now. you rejected an offer to be a lecturer. this man sufferhead done become part of you sha. you enjoy suffer no be small cheesy so you got an offer to lecture in a private university, with higher pay and nice staff accomodation and you said no because you will rather lecture in federal uni ? LOL. yeah righttttt i believe you like i believe pinocchio

LMAO, ODE! You are not in the field else you wud know wat i mean. SUFFER? NO NO NO. Not these day again. My books are selling in hundered as i type and my articles get boooked online. A Fed uni would give u wonderful platform to excel not a glorified sec school.
mind you i am a visiting lecturer in more than 2 schools and an examiner. so how can the poverty come?? wake up dude.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by gaakgaba: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2011
@buzugee. i can see that you are really aggrieved to the extent that you respond to every comment. sorry ehn. in fact with this your passion that has given you sleepness night, CU is now declared the best school in the world.  grin

You dont believe in european ranking but you believe in their theories and inventions. SEE BOKOHARAM in another form.
If you are really pissed off with federal schools and their products, you need to get out of this thread and stop using nairaland because the founder of nairaland graduated from federal school(IFE).he graduated just recently.

Now get this into your head,in 2007 & 2008. CU came to observe SIFE(students in free enterprises) national competition which institutions in Nigeria participated. IFE( a federal sch) won the 2 editions and came 2nd and 3rd respectively in the world cup amidst best universities in the world (google it). This is just one of the criteria that influence ranking my brother. No vex but the fact is always there even if you are sad about it.You talk of past glory. IFE as an instance founded most law faculty in most universities and are being presently consulted to establish LAW and medicine in CU. You even argue facts and you fail to know the difference between what is and what ought to be. sorry!!!
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by db10dtruth(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2011
By FAR in all aspect, start from d quality of graduate produced. Anybody can attend Covenant as long as you can afford their fees but that cant b said of UI,
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by missuzoma: 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2011
Not true at all. You must have superb academic credentials before you are admitted at CU. I KNOW THAT.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2011
Am sure you would also be impressed with the natural beauty of both the students and the school environment, No one is trying to oppress anybody. No 1 chases after sugar daddy, we don't have people who chill at dark corners of the night to snatch people's phone, or people turning their rooms to kitchen, How do you expect all dis hungry men to pass with all those hardship.

I disagree with u on dis one o. I knw of a CU student dat was caught in an hotel with a married man (sugar daddy) she was definitely expelled. No come dey bobo us for here o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by luvola(m): 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2011
2011 rating of nigerian universities - top 15 :

1. university of ibadan
2. unilorin ,3. uniben , 4. O.A.U, 5. ABU 6. UNIJOS 7. UNILAG ,8. UNIAGRIC ,9. UNIPORT 10.LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY 11. FUTA ,12. BABCOCK 13. LAUTECH , 14 .CONVENANT UNIVERSITY.stop comparing u.i to convenant university that can't even compete with lautech and lasu.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by alpontif(m): 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2011

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University?
« #274 on: Today at 10:15:25 AM »

Quote from: alpontif on Today at 09:37:59 AM
Very sad thread,

While it is clearly obvious, in fact, glaringly apparent that the almighty UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN cannot be compared to any other university, as it operates in a kind of rarefied Olympian altitude, we must not forget , or fail to observe that if private universities are continually funded as they are now, on a consistent basis, they may very well surpass the UI in the next 20-37 years.

The UI is a very good school ,f or many reasons, reasons like the abundance of professors, and brilliant co-students ,which equates to very high standards.

In fact, while i was at the UI 90 percent of my lecturers were professors, and it is extremely hard to get a distinction in their courses, therefore, based on theoretical knowledge the UI has no peer.

But when it comes to practical skills, i mean practical engineering skills, like the ability to use CAD systems for draughting and structural design, or the ability to create software apps, private schools have an edge here, because they usually have in-house fully equipped labs, and IT infrastructure in place., in public school, it is only the student who goes the extra mile who will be able to get this practical skills, but then, as with everything in a pubic school u are expected to go the extra mile in achieving your goals.

That said, we all know that people who compare, or deign to have the shadow of the thought that CU is better than UI are only indulging in psychological consolation, and so we should tolerate them in this regard.
were you expecting them to be akara sellers ? ? see this is the type of low expectations that pervades all these federal boys. thats why they cant appreciate a young modern cutting edge citadel of learning. they are actually surprised that their lecturers are professors Grin Grin Grin Grin he was expecting his professor to be a palmwine tapper Shocked
Report to moderator Logged

As much as i would not like to join issues with you, seeing that you seem not to have more productive occupations at the moment, at the same time i would like to remind you, or tell you about something they call argumentum ad hominem, while it is clear that the ''palm-wine tapper'' and the ''akara seller professors'' at the UI have taught me how to present my views in a public debate in an ethically balanced manner, it is apparent that CU ''professors'' have not done the same job on you.

To make my point clear; since i see that you are intellectually unfit (through no fault of your own, but possibly genetic) to understand my previous post, as lucid as it is, in a STANDARD university setting, you have three classes of lecturers, professors, doctors and the others,, while most systems in Nigeria use a mix of the three, 90 percent of my lecturers were FULL professors, the rest were doctors, capisce?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by kemmeye: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2011
that stoopid convenant piece of shyt i wonder why its even a school its better off as a prison i'd hire someone from the university of ibadan with a 2nd class lower before hiring someone from convenant idk do they even get jobs when they graduate?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by DaDoctor: 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2011
IN THE PAST WE ALL WENT TO FG/GOV SCHOOLS, PRIVATE SCHOOLS WERENT OK
NOW THE REVERSE IS THE CASE IN MOST CASES.

BUT FOR UNIVERSITY, FROM EXPERIENCE, IT WILL TAKE CENYURIES FOR AN UPGRADED SEC SCH(PRIVATE UNI) TO REACH STANDARD OF LEARNING INFRASTRUCTURE SET BY THE FED UNIS. QED. NO ARGUMENTS WITH YOU ALL. I AM IN THE FIELD. IF U DOUBT TAKE A TRIP TO UNILAG SCHOOL OF MEDICINE/LUTH/UCH FOR INSTANCE AND COMPARE SAME WITH ANY ONE IN THE PRIVATE UNI
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Acidosis(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2011
kemmeye:

that stoopid convenant piece of shyt i wonder why its even a school its better off as a prison i'd hire someone from the university of ibadan with a 2nd class lower before hiring someone from convenant idk do they even get jobs when they graduate?
yes, infact companies look for them. A visit to a Igbinedion university and other private unis on convocation days will convince you. They have better connections
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2011
kemmeye:

I use to laugh each time i see post like this, Hungry people have similarities in the way they talk cheesy grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Olalekan0(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2011
@ poster ijogz k or whatever your silly name is,Of the scores of CU grads i know,you're undisputedly the dumbest,you must be a nitwit for accusing me of not knowing the tuition fee of the same CU from which  my girlfriend graduated . She finished magna cum laude  las do every other CU students last june and her final year fees was just less than 260k. For the avoidance of doubt post the tuition fees of your school for the 2010/2011 session on here and let's'see if UNIOSUN,KWARA STATE UNI,ANAMBRA STATE UNI,IMO STATE UNI et al does not pay something close. People choose to go to Fed.unis not because they cannot afford the tuition but for reasons best known to them.

I'm however not saying CU is not a good school but the fact is that they offer degrees mostly in fields that do not necessarily need a degree to work in and it's too easy to bag a 2;1 in that school.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2011
Olalekan 0:

@ poster ijogz k or whatever your silly name is,Of the scores of CU grads i know,you're undisputedly the dumbest,you must be a nitwit for accusing me of not knowing the tuition fee of the same CU from which  my girlfriend graduated . She finished magna cumlaude  las do every other CU students last june and her final year fees was just less than 260k. For the avoidance of doubt post the tuition fees of your school for the 2010/2011 session on here and let's'see if UNIOSUN,KWARA STATE UNI,ANAMBRA STATE UNI,IMO STATE UNI et al does not pay something close. People choose to go to Fed.unis not because they cannot afford the tuition but for reasons best known to them.

I'm however not saying CU is not a good school but the fact is that they offer degrees mostly in fields that do not necessarily need a degree to work in and it's too easy to bag a 2;1 in that school.
Can someone please help me tell this mumu that he is a mumu "CU babes don't date your type so stop claiming. Find your facts straight, if you had gotten d figure right i would probably have believed you if you claimed that your neighbor and not GF finished from there, E-ediot, Hahaha electronic ediot
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2011
Da Doctor:

LMAO, ODE! You are not in the field else you wud know wat i mean. SUFFER? NO NO NO. Not these day again. My books are selling in hundered as i type and my articles get boooked online. A Fed uni would give u wonderful platform to excel not a glorified sec school.
mind you i am a visiting lecturer in more than 2 schools and an examiner. so how can the poverty come?? wake up dude.

i am happy for you. keep doing your thing.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by odedele: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2011
no basis 4 comparism @all.covenant my foot.to mode ba layo to agba,kole ni akisha to lai lai.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2011
gaakgaba:

@buzugee. i can see that you are really aggrieved to the extent that you respond to every comment. sorry ehn. in fact with this your passion that has given you sleepness night, CU is now declared the best school in the world.  grin

You dont believe in european ranking but you believe in their theories and inventions. SEE BOKOHARAM in another form.
If you are really pissed off with federal schools and their products, you need to get out of this thread and stop using nairaland because the founder of nairaland graduated from federal school(IFE).he graduated just recently.

Now get this into your head,in 2007 & 2008. CU came to observe SIFE(students in free enterprises) national competition which institutions in Nigeria participated. IFE( a federal sch) won the 2 editions and came 2nd and 3rd respectively in the world cup amidst best universities in the world (google it). This is just one of the criteria that influence ranking my brother. No vex but the fact is always there even if you are sad about it.You talk of past glory. IFE as an instance founded most law faculty in most universities and are being presently consulted to establish LAW and medicine in CU. You even argue facts and you fail to know the difference between what is and what ought to be. sorry!!!
what kind of backward thinking is that ? cuz the website is by someone who went to university of ife then someone from a private uni should not come on it, is this how you federal boys think ?  grin i bet if you had the opportunity to be possessive over the air we breath you will fall all over yourself to grasp that opportunity you possessive cantankerous curmudgeon
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2011
odedele:

no basis 4 comparism @all.covenant my foot.to mode ba layo to agba,kole ni akisha to lai lai.
You are a students of one of those Ekiti State schools right? Schools that they speak a few words in English and explain in Yoruba, F*cking Razz thing  undecided
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2011
alpontif:

As much as i would not like to join issues with you, seeing that you seem not to have more productive occupations at the moment, at the same time i would like to remind you, or tell you about something they call argumentum ad hominem, while it is clear that the ''palm-wine tapper'' and the ''akara seller professors'' at the UI have taught me how to present my views in a public debate in an ethically balanced manner, it is apparent that CU ''professors'' have not done the same job on you.

To make my point clear; since i see that you are intellectually unfit (through no fault of your own, but possibly genetic)  to understand my previous post, as lucid as it is, in a STANDARD university setting, you have three classes of lecturers, professors, doctors and the others,, while most systems in Nigeria use a mix of the three, 90 percent of my lecturers were FULL professors, the rest were doctors, capisce?

grin grin grin this mouth breathing stone age man who is surprised that he is lectured by professors wants to say something. go and sit down somewhere jare. igbin dey talk pomo talk say him get idea. professors are supposed to be your lecturers at the university level. stop acting flabbergasted that you found this out.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
Ijogz K:

You are a students of one of those Ekiti State schools right? Schools that they speak a few words in English and explain in Yoruba, bleeping Razz thing  undecided
grin grin grin razzo lomor
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2011
buzugee:

grin grin grin this mouth breathing stone age man who is surprised that he is lectured by professors wants to say something. go and sit down somewhere jare. igbin dey talk pomo talk say him get idea. professors are supposed to be your lecturers at the university level. stop acting flabbergasted that you found this out.
Hahahaha each time you talk about this guy who believes that his Uni lecturers should be palm wine tappers, I always Laugh out Loud, loooooool grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Gunzilla(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2011
First of all,some of these private university people posting here are kids, IjogzK,buguzee, lucarella et al,hence the insults and all,so people should just try to tolerate their posts.Like I said yesterday,private universities are too young to be compared with the public universities just yet.In 10-15 years, most likely they’ll surpass the public ones.But not just yet.Even at that,they’ll most likely be “niche” schools, focusing on particular disciplines and not “Mega Schools” like UI,Ife,Lag etc.
Like someone posted,most people in Nigeria will not send their kids,to public Universities in the years to come.Who’d want their kids to spend 6 years for a 4 year course just because of warring cult boys and striking lecturers ? Granted school was mad fun when we were there and we became better rounded individuals because of it,but tell that to parents that lost kids to cult boys.Innocent boys like the “Ife 9” that were just caught in the cross-fire.

Also the assertation that all students in Federal Universities are smarter and the private uni ones are dumber is just false.There is so much “settling” going on in all Federal/State Unis its unbelievable…a former colleague that went to LASU made 2:1 and this guy cannot draw a simple indifference curve! Whatever little respect I had for LASU before,I lost when I met that guy, its not that he made 3rd Class or 2:2 o…na 2:1 the guy make…haba!!

Furthermore,people discover themselves at different stages of their academic careers.Average students in secondary school can become super hot in College,so the fact that some kids did not do well in JAMB does not mean that they are dumb for life.One of the best students in my class came in with a JAMB score of 203…and she graduated in the top 5 of the class,no Ojoro!!

But,if public universities continue being funded the way they are at the moment,with students paying next to nothing,it’s a matter of time that the private schools take over.The same way private secondary schools have taken over bar a few still okay fed/state schools.Education should not be free.If you value Education,you must want to pay for it.This socialist idea that there should be “free/affordable” education is a laudable ideal, but it can’t stand the test of time.I know I’ll get slaughtered that I did not think about people that cant afford to pay for expensive education,but I believe that should at least be a scholarship scheme for indigent students that deserve it.

In the US, the ways you can pay for college is to get a scholarship(full or partial),get a loan or you/your parents pay for it. Nothing is free. You leave your state to go to school in another state,you pay more cos the people in that state have been paying taxes, and you did not.

Do you think that those cult boys will be so eager to kill each other if they took a student loan of N500k to go to school ? Or if parents were paying N150k every session, don’t you think they’d be more interested in their kids/wards grades every semester? Somebody told me one that the reason people leave newspapers on the London Underground Trains is because they are free. When you pay good money for something you value it more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ishaq Oloyede Resumes As JAMB Registrar; See How He Was Received (photos) / Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities / Daniel Nkemelu Has 7.0 CGPA As Unibadan's Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.