Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree (75646 Views)

2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by tete7000(m): 9:36pm On Mar 23
When you have retinue of first class and second class upper degrees to choose from, even you won't consider a third class graduate. Many certificates are chasing few job opportunities.

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by muykem: 9:36pm On Mar 23
Peter Obi category.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by dododawa1: 9:38pm On Mar 23
U will not know what God save you from

You better move on.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Bfly: 9:41pm On Mar 23
Your class of degree is an edge. You should be encouraged they replied you. I’m sure that was listed in their requirements before you applied.

BTW, do away with this your victim mentality o. Any small challenge, social media!

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by shortgun(m): 9:41pm On Mar 23
You guys can say all you want to make you feel good but the truth remains that there's no reason a student should come out of the university with a third class degree if not for unseriousness. angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Omoapena(m): 9:41pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
There’s a new Apple Store situated around ikeja, they strictly deals on Apple products only and they needed an accountant, the salary is quite good… so a good friend of mine sent me a link that I should apply for the job since I have Bsc in accounting, then I applied.

Yesterday I received an Email from the Apple Store stating that I wasn’t up to the criteria due to my class of degree. I felt disappointed but life goes on.

I just screenshot the mail and send it to my friend and he said he wasn’t aware that there was a specific class of degree ( minimum of 2:2) to apply for the job.
He cheers me up and told me better days ahead.

Though I’ve a job currently but the Apple Store is willing to pay x 2 of my current salary.
I won’t lie I felt so devastated.

I'm pretty sure the salary isn't upto 200k a month..

Better jobs coming bro, don't give up.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by OdefaGirl(f): 9:43pm On Mar 23
Cheer up man..... Better days ahead ok.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by lolu2019: 9:44pm On Mar 23
Ontop peanuts.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by freeborn02: 9:44pm On Mar 23
Jennyclay:
Thread for olodo rabatas!

Biko, Let me gently leave this thread for them

Gani Fawehinmi graduated with a Pass and his life was better than that of everyone in your broke family

11 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Kenmatt(m): 9:45pm On Mar 23
tonicyril:

See as u talk like ur mother grin

Buh why the talk come dey pain you lyke this?

Abi you be Olodo?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Patriotic9ja(m): 9:45pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
Sweet heart Don’t judge the book by its cover.
Not everyone who graduated with a third class are dull or unserious when in school.
Life happens to anyone academically, financially, health wise, businesses and so on.
I went to a state university and I paid my tuition fees ALL by myself, I had little time to attend lectures and study my books being a commercial bike rider and laundry service provider just to pay my bills back then. It wasn’t an easy ride for me.
I don’t blame anybody, I take responsibility for my actions.
I still Thank God I’m not where I used to be.

The bitter truth is, your excuses are not tenable. You fending for yourself while in school sef should have been a means of motivation towards coming out with flying colours.

We really need to take responsibility and stop this victim's card games. I can list many people who had less privileges than most of us here but were able to take responsibilities and achieved so much that history can't ignore or forget them.

3rd class is like certificate of attendance. We need tell ourselves the truth. 98% of people with 3rd class have no excuse for their poor grades.

Meanwhile 3rd class is not a one time event.... it's a process for crying out loud. You can't say you were sick for 4 good years and made you unable to read, neither will you say because you didn't pay your school fees on time was the reason to have consistent poor grades in at least 8 semester exams..... Now you brought this to socialmedia for usual sympathy/victim's card and paint the company bad.

Applicants are too much, hence the screening process starts with meeting the minimum requirements to be shortlisted

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by phemray(m): 9:46pm On Mar 23
chopnaira:
Keep your head up OP. There is always something or someone that would need your skills irrespective of the class of degree.

He can be up and doing and be creative to set up himself and even end up employing other. It's not bad. Obi is into business and recently locked himself head to head with a First class in the last election and he can still do better
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Omoapena(m): 9:47pm On Mar 23
1972xy:
Is it not better you remain silent rather than sending this type of reply to an applicant.
With this, don't you think the applicant can go depressed or even commit suicide because of your response to his poor degree.
It is not wise as an employer.

Exactly, very insensitive.

Even though, he wants to reply, why stated the reason for the rejection is because of his class of degree..

Some employers need sense, untop work wey no fit pass 150k monthly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by seecould: 9:47pm On Mar 23
ThìsGlobe.com
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by freeborn02: 9:47pm On Mar 23
advanceDNA:
I'm sorry oooo....But why will u go to college and graduate with a bad grade

........it's not a case of everybody cannot get good grade.... because there's actually enough room on the good grade level for everybody.....

Your DNA isn't advanced. It's backward. If not, u will know that a 3rd class graduate from a Nigerian university may be better than a 2.1. graduate

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Onewazobia(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
Not everyone who graduated with a third class are dull or unserious when in school.
Life happens to anyone academically, financially, health wise, businesses and so on.
I went to a state university and I paid my tuition fees ALL by myself, I had little time to attend lectures and study my books being a commercial bike rider and laundry service provider just to pay my bills back then. It wasn’t an easy ride for me.

They won't understand,

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by tishbite43: 9:49pm On Mar 23
Look at the atrocious grammar from the so-called recruitment team
Dunces everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by tishbite43: 9:49pm On Mar 23
phemray:

He can be up and doing and be creative to set up himself and even end up employing other. It's not bad. Obi is into business and recently locked himself head to head with a First class in the last election and he can still do better
First Class from where?!
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:49pm On Mar 23
advanceDNA:
I'm sorry oooo....But why will u go to college and graduate with a bad grade

........it's not a case of everybody cannot get good grade.... because there's actually enough room on the good grade level for everybody.....
He did not make a decision to graduate with a bad grade like you think.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Evercurious(f): 9:50pm On Mar 23
Jennyclay:

Very childish and stupid of you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Patriotic9ja(m): 9:50pm On Mar 23
Bfly:
Your class of degree is an edge. You should be encouraged they replied you. I’m sure that was listed in their requirements before you applied.

BTW, do away with this your victim mentality o. Any small challenge, social media!

Exactly 💯. Very sad. Now he is framing and anchoring the whole thing to gain sympathy, act like a victim, and paint the company bad. Just so unfortunate that people won't take responsibilities for their poor choices and performance. Soon they will say na the country and bad leaders cause am. They didn't see orphans without support that graduated with 1st class and doing great

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by shunlet210: 9:50pm On Mar 23
I am sorry to write this but their reply is just like your class of degree, they wrote "we may not be able to provide feedback about your application" is the mail they sent to you not a feedback. instead of them to write we may not be able to proceed with your application. Don't go there please, they will take your 3rd class to ordinary pass with this their kind of email. grin

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Blitzking: 9:50pm On Mar 23
Isn't elumelu a 3rd class degree holder...under the table..Over-the-counter table..you need to take the table.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by AllahOfBlood: 9:52pm On Mar 23
Jennyclay:

That gentleman may have graduated with third class, but trust me he has a dick that can service ur endless hole for life

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 9:55pm On Mar 23
TOPCRUISE:

He did not make a decision to graduate with a bad grade like you think.

Pple have 4 or 5 years to get their CGPA right..

If u don't plan to pass well....u have automatically planned to fail well....

But no wahala..let's just go with your comment

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Validated: 9:58pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
Go and register for ICAN and move on from there. If you are smart, you can dump your 3rd class in the dustbin of history.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by MrJames007: 9:58pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
There’s a new Apple Store situated around ikeja, they strictly deals on Apple products only and they needed an accountant, the salary is quite good… so a good friend of mine sent me a link that I should apply for the job since I have Bsc in accounting, then I applied.

Yesterday I received an Email from the Apple Store stating that I wasn’t up to the criteria due to my class of degree. I felt disappointed but life goes on.

I just screenshot the mail and send it to my friend and he said he wasn’t aware that there was a specific class of degree ( minimum of 2:2) to apply for the job.

Though I’ve a job currently but the Apple Store is willing to pay x 2 of my current salary.
Life goes on....

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 9:58pm On Mar 23
freeborn02:

Your DNA isn't advanced. It's backward. If not, u will know that a 3rd class graduate from a Nigerian university may be better than a 2.1. graduate

Lol .....what sort of cràp are u even saying...??

U ddnt graduate with a decent grade from the university u attended ...but u want to console urself by comparing it with another University??
See witchcraft.... grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by nams77: 9:59pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
Kudos to you. You are a warrior. Don't mind the lady jennyclay you quoted. She is a well-known rouble-rouser here. No one takes her serious

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by lamalang(m): 10:01pm On Mar 23
That's the essence of Interview, to test your brain not what's on your certificate. The founder of Apple is a dropout. Class of degree is not shouldn't be yardstick in employing people
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by BigDawsNet: 10:01pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:

Goan learn tech broda...
With ur skills.. dey will beg you to work for dem
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by PepeXKermit: 10:02pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:

Excuse for faulires and people who think the world owes them understanding. If he believes he is too good for school and getting good vrades, he should go and start his own business.. nonsense..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Just Got This Message From NYIF / Application For Recruitment Into The Nigerian Navy (nnbts 17 Batch) / Access Bank 10 Minutes Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.