Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams (8968 Views)

FG Releases List Of National Award Recipients 2013/2014 / Would You Refuse A National Award? / Unbelievable: Ettehgate Bags National Award In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Pukkah: 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
National Award: I’ve An Ofr Already –alele-williams

Plan by the Federal Government to confer the national award and status of an Officer of the Federal Republic (OFR) on Nigerias first female vicechancellor, Prof. (Mrs.) Grace Alele-Williams next week might have flopped as the renowned academic disclosed in Lagos yesterday that she got her OFR award 10 years ago during the tenure of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Speaking at the 10th anniversary conference of Women in Management and Business (WIMBIZ), where she was applauded to have been long overdue for the national award, the soft spoken professor of Mathematics said: It is very sad to hear such news has filtered across the country because I already have an OFR award which was given to me by President Obasanjo.

This says a lot about record keeping in this country and it is disheartening to see the country we strove to build degenerate to such level, please help me tell them that I have an OFR, perhaps what should be next for me is a CFR, she enthused. In her keynote address, Prof. Alele-Williams enjoined Nigerians to collectively stand up to the cankerworm of corruption, which has eaten deep into the fabrics of the nation. She commended WIMBIZ for being a true catalyst in helping to influence women and producing benchmarks that are attractive, persuading, educating and encouraging.

She applauded WIMBIZs mentee programme which she considered inspiring with a focus to the future and added that honesty and integrity must come alive again in our focus as a people and nation so that we can produce enduring results, we must begin to do something to make corruption uncomfortable around us, there is a need for a change in values.

She bemoaned the high level of examination malpractice in the country and urged women as home managers to desist from encouraging malpractices in every way. Prof. Grace Alele-Williams was appointed the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Benin on October 4, 1985, becoming the first female vicechancellor in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa. She held the position for seven years and was considered a disciplinarian.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/24643.html
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Gbawe: 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
Pukkah:

Plan by the Federal Government to confer the national award and status of an Officer of the Federal Republic (OFR) on Nigerias first female vicechancellor, Prof. (Mrs.) Grace Alele-Williams next week might have flopped as the renowned academic disclosed in Lagos yesterday that she got her OFR award 10 years ago during the tenure of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Speaking at the 10th anniversary conference of Women in Management and Business (WIMBIZ), where she was applauded to have been long overdue for the national award, the soft spoken professor of Mathematics said: It is very sad to hear such news has filtered across the country because I already have an OFR award which was given to me by President Obasanjo.

This says a lot about record keeping in this country and it is disheartening to see the country we strove to build degenerate to such level, please help me tell them that I have an OFR, perhaps what should be next for me is a CFR, she enthused. In her keynote address, Prof. Alele-Williams enjoined Nigerians to collectively stand up to the cankerworm of corruption, which has eaten deep into the fabrics of the nation. She commended WIMBIZ for being a true catalyst in helping to influence women and producing benchmarks that are attractive, persuading, educating and encouraging.

She applauded WIMBIZs mentee programme which she considered inspiring with a focus to the future and added that honesty and integrity must come alive again in our focus as a people and nation so that we can produce enduring results, we must begin to do something to make corruption uncomfortable around us, there is a need for a change in values.

She bemoaned the high level of examination malpractice in the country and urged women as home managers to desist from encouraging malpractices in every way. Prof. Grace Alele-Williams was appointed the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Benin on October 4, 1985, becoming the first female vicechancellor in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa. She held the position for seven years and was considered a disciplinarian.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/24643.html

Ye gbe le OOOO !!!!
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Pukkah: 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2011
Gbawe:

Ye gbe le OOOO !!!!

I'm not happy to say this but something is terribly wrong with Mr Jonathan's government. The embarrassing gaffes are becoming too many.
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by kokoA(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked Yeeehhhh!!! Is this for real? Oh my God cry cry
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by brainpulse: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
NO disgrace has ever come to this country before, but came thru Jonatin. wat a shamble
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by NET1(m): 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2011
wahala dey o.
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Demdem(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2011
Serious embarrassment. Retardeen should cover his face in shame.
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Koolking(m): 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2011
The President's advisers goof. they are just fooling around. We are sure to see more of their gaffes.
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Okijajuju1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
brainpulse:

NO disgrace has ever come to this country before, but came thru Jonatin. wat a shamble

Why you dey reason like bushfish?! angry

@ Topic

This is quite an embarassment, but not surprising!
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by mobf: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
yet Aliko Dangote is bestowed the GCON undecided undecided
utter shi.te angry angry
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by brainpulse: 3:57pm On Nov 15, 2011
Okija_juju:

Why you dey reason like bushfish?! angry

@ Topic

This is quite an embarassment, but not surprising!

Sorry i didnt know i just spoke of your role model. No diff at all in the way u think
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by tlops(m): 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
we need a serious record keeping scheme. even the federal govt doesn't know who was awarded what and when. hope dey say I go WIN GCON, cos na lottery.
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by slap1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
I hope they didn't nominate GEJ for the GCFR. . .
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by executinal(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
BuLsHiIt, bUlShIiT sad sad sad record keeping zero. Damn what is this so called leaders doing embarassed
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by birdeye: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2011
U know what baffles me when it comes to Nigeria's situation, we make silly mistakes that even countries that are supposed to be making such mistakes don't make. I tire for Nigeria oh
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by bandely(m): 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2011
OMG! I don't know what to say! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Kilode1: 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
Awon Oniyeye. . . They can't even count. .SMH
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by highland(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2011
Award of compensation rather than merit.
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Areosapien(f): 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
I hope they didn't nominate GEJ for the GCFR. . .

WTF!!?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by maclatunji: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2011
It is part of the transformation agenda now: double OFR awards. The woman should have gleefully thanked Mr. President for this "rare honour." Never been done in the history of Nigeria.
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by cloud7: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2011
Where were the Panelist that screens the nominees? where were the numerous special advisers,Aides and key officers in  Ministry of Information? Past recipeient of such prestigious awards must have been gazetted by the Federal Government,what happens to the National Archives for cross-references and research, even common goggling the award nominees would have redeem the government of their battered image,
Only God knows the billions we may have lost mainly due to poor Archive,Records and Knowledge management, Time will tell!
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color][tt][/tt]
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by 1forall: 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
Mofos in power
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Kolababa: 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2011
Somebody was mistakenly left out in their award nominees. Shina Rambo who robbed for seven years successfully without been caught or arrested by the Police is also an achiever in his chosen field (robbery). Afterall, what is difference between Shina Rambo and the likes of Tafa Balogun that got the national award. The former is an armed robber while the latter is a pen robber.
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by omo9ja1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
i think people are more wise now directly or indirectly telling gej to keep his awards get on with the real project to save the masses
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by 1forall: 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2011
Kolababa:

Afterall, what is difference between Shina Rambo and the likes of Tafa Balogun that got the national award. T
GEJ's administration nominated Tafa for a national award?!   Seriously? shocked
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by DrummaBoy(m): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2011
Trust GEJ
Never in want of gaffes

They should have taken Gbajabiamila advice seriously
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Ymodulus: 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2011
every body is saying no
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by kokoA(m): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
cloud7:

Where were the Panelist that screens the nominees? ![b][/b][color=#006600][/color][tt][/tt]

Good quetstion! Thesame government wants us to belive that the awardees were not penciled down by people in government, but were carefully selected and scruitinized by a 'special panel'. Who are they decieving?
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by DDN: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
I hate it when people attribute every wrong thing to Mr. president. The mess in this country started even with colonialism. Regionalism added salt to the wound. Our colonial fathers were very corrupt too and they trained better looters who took after them and today every evil deed is attributed to Goodluck Jonathan. It is rubbish, I am not from the south south. The Hausas, the Igbos and the Yorubas are not better leaders.
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by sirp2007: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2011
let me try and guess what hapened;
Someone else was originally pencilled down for d award.He/she was ask to PAY for it,d person refused & Alele`s name was immediately used 2 replaced it wthout crosschecking, up naija
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2011
DDN:

I hate it when people attribute every wrong thing to Mr. president. The mess in this country started even with colonialism. Regionalism added salt to the wound. Our colonial fathers were very corrupt too and they trained better looters who took after them and today every evil deed is attributed to Goodluck Jonathan. It is rubbish, I am not from the south south. The Hausas, the Igbos and the Yorubas are not better leaders.

So it was Colonialism that made Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan to give someone OFR twice? I didnt know it was colonialism I thought it was global warming that caused it
Re: I Already Have An OFR National Award – Alele-williams by Pukkah: 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2011
DDN:

At this rate of fixing the blame everywhere, you'll soon blame God for creating the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State / Thunder Strike You There..After Watching This Video And Still Believe In Nigeria / Development Hitting Kano State, Lagos Watch Your Back (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.