Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba (5756 Views)

Oba Sijuwade’s Place In History Is Assured, Says Buhari / Gov. Uduaghan Controls Traffic In Asaba / Women Protest At Na Over Health Bill:nigerians Are Waking Up - I Am Giddy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by 5columnist: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
It is sad that because of politics, His Excellency, Emmanuel Uduaghan, Governor of Delta state is closing down businesses that existed before Chief James  Ibori  came to power because some members of the state worked with opposition parties.
Giddy's  Place as far back as 1994 has existed and overtime,  recognised as a must visit in Delta state because of the local touch to its building theme. People visit home each season and look forward to visiting Giddy's place for fresh ANIOMA  food and delicacy. It is sad that an Istekeri man has desecrated Enu-ani (Anioma) land all because of politics and nobody is saying anything.  I thought power was meant to be used to help a people and not disenfranchise them?
No regards for culture or a people's pride, a land well documented and personal property of a DPP member has been forcefully taken over by Uduaghan to build a TV viewing centre that he located at intebua round-about.
This is another blow on ANIOMA people and their elders. It is equally sad that some other ANIOMA elders and local chiefs are in support of the action of the Governor.
This is a collective insult on ANIOMA people.  Posterity will judge all men.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by Afam4eva(m): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
Uduaghan has one again brought his ineptitude to the fore. This is a disrespect to Igboland.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by efisher(m): 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2011
Uduaghan! Always in d news for all the wrong reasons.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by meexteriox(m): 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
Seriously forget this Anioma thing, Uduaghan took a very wrong decision concerning Giddy's Place.
The only sin Giddy's committed was supporting Ogboru and DPP. It's quite unfortunate that a place like
Giddy's has been permanently eroded into the history book of Asaba fun centres. Giddy's was a must
visit for anyone coming into Asaba for the first time. I passed through Anwai road and could not believe
my eyes. Soldiers numbering more than 100 plus their Police counterparts barricaded one part of Anwai
road thereby causing untold hardship on motorist. Interbau roundabout was simply impassable between the hours of 7:30 am
and 7:00pm today. They brought in caterpillars and levelled to the ground a land belonging to an opposition member. Even with
C of O, Uduaghan went on with this barbaric act. A land he legitimately acquired during the time of MILAD Kefas,

It's really sad indeed,
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by Scream(m): 11:39pm On Nov 15, 2011
When I saw this, the first thing that came to my mind was the end of Gadhafi.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by 5columnist: 6:17am On Nov 16, 2011
Posterity will judge all men. It is obvious that Victor Ochei , the shameless stooge to Uduaghan is behind this. This is a boy who use to visit drink and eat at Giddy's Place. God will dethrne all of you.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by 5columnist: 6:23am On Nov 16, 2011
This action may properly kill Giddies - the owner, He has a broken hand for over five years, he is hypertensive and diabities is there too, now this? God will judge those who bring bitterness to the land.

The Anioma people were known warriors in the past. This i an insult to the Anioma land. So heart darkening an event.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by Emmy3(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2011
Too Bad
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by ogbo17: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2011
one day his tenor will expire, and you think when giddy or any of his family member becomes the governor they will pull down his house. do me i do you.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by sirwebs(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2011
Served in Asaba. Remember Giddy's. Use to hang out there sometimes. SAD
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by ideylaff: 11:17am On Nov 16, 2011
Pictures please, what a big shame, Men think they can do an undo but GOD is bigger than us all

Ugana ha hgan or whatever time will come soon, it surely will
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by kunlekunle: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2011
u guys are internet citizens of nigeria.
know your rights in your community.
let your governor be aware of your rights.
stop basketmouthing around.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by sylve11: 11:51am On Nov 16, 2011
i nor read d story whole, why him scatter am? sad cool
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by asudan: 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2011
Well done your excellency, remember that you will soon join you uncle in Uk.People of Anioma you better fight for state creation cos come 2015, the other ethnic group wil not allow a governor to emerge from this region esp from Papa Deceive Pikin party .Remember dat they are angry wit you guys not only because of 2011 election but what Mariam Babangida did ie making Asaba the state capital.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by 5columnist: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2011
See what they have done in 24h0urs, rode fencing and leveling, all destruction hidden. Yesterday Army people and mopol seaaled off an entire acess area and destroyed pictures take in the area. The state has bought over the police and the army who they now use to intimidate our people. God help Nigeria.

Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by db10dtruth(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2011
Uduaghan is a CLONE angry, does NOTHING for d state other than destroy what has been in place even before he joined politics
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by 9ja4eva: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2011
Well na dem vote am in.

Dey should suffer the consequences.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by meexteriox(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2011
A city like Asaba begging for numerous infrastructure across board was totally neglected and fund channeled to a place like Giddy's.
I trust Giddy's, this matter no go end here, watch,
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by Chefo(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2011
This is very sad because I saw the demolition with my two eyes. Even when the man ( Giddys) was watching his building been destroyed. But I thought Uduagha is a christian every sundays you see him at winners chapel Asaba.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by Fan2: 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2011
The writer and some few ones here are been tribalistic.udu destroying a place has nothing to do with istekiri or anioma.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by TRACK: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2011
Shame to Uduaghan and his accomplice. My suggestion to the owner is dt he shud first initiate a tough protest. The protest wil be wild b/c so many youths are not happy wit d shameless guvnor. Another, he shud sue state govt. Ibori better pass this Uduaghan. I blame Aniomas for not giving 100% support to Ogboru. Some Agbors politicians helped him to rig Ogboru out. God dey.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by Bolarge1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2011
uduagha might end up like these if he refuses to repent now.

Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by Chyz2: 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2011
It has nothing to do with Anioma. OP, you are funny. Are you even Igbo?
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by otokx(m): 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2011
But Anioma people voted for Uduaghan now so why are they disturbing us here again?
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by guonno: 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
Aniomans are all cowards. All u youths of anioma are shameless. Nigeria is not USA where ur right is in the constitution. U people should do something than keep diturbing people here.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:15am On Nov 17, 2011
TRACK:

Shame to Uduaghan and his accomplice. My suggestion to the owner is dt he shud first initiate a tough protest. The protest wil be wild b/c so many youths are not happy wit d shameless guvnor. Another, he shud sue state govt. Ibori better pass this Uduaghan. I blame Aniomas for not giving 100% support to Ogboru. Some Agbor politicians helped him to rig Ogboru out. God dey.
mHm
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by ifyalways(f): 7:06am On Nov 17, 2011
Ok,the governor woke up yesterday,gave orders and Giddy's place was demolished just like that Is that really possible? No reason,prior warning and If Yes,why is the man not in court already? Have the state become totally lawless ?
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by Busols757: 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2011
Please my fellow Nairalanders, does any know Mrs Esther Okpu? She is a friend of my mum (Mrs Jane Popoola). My mum is now at London and her telephone number my mum had is been switch off since my mum came to the UK, which is 08050448871. Mrs Esther Okpu is from Delta state and reside at Ajah Lagos state Nigeria.

Please anyone with her new telephone number should kindly send to my email address manchesterx2004@yahoo.com or sms it to my telephone number +447752330511 or ask her to call this number in order to talk to my mum.

Thanks guys.

Busola
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by 5columnist: 3:32am On Nov 21, 2011
When will politics of bitterness end and when will politicians begin to see themselves as public servants than dictators.
Re: Uduaghan Levels Down Giddy's Place In Asaba by 5columnist: 3:48am On Nov 21, 2011
embarassed :p

(1) (Reply)

Port-Harcourt-based Firms Dump Wastes In Aba — Ikpeazu / Light Skin People And Multi Racial People Are Not Blacks / Picture Of Snr Police Officer handling Lady''s Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.