Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat (45996 Views)

Senegalese President-Elect, Faye, Celebrates His Victory With A Broom / Senegalese President-Elect Bassirou Diomaye Faye Celebrates Victory With 2 Wives / Israel-hamas War: Ceasefire To Be Announced In Coming Hours – Hamas Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by femi4: 6:53am On Mar 26
theysg:
Let it be known.
He is not the youngest African President.

Ibrahim Traoré, 36, remains the youngest.
That's military rule
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Chochovini: 6:56am On Mar 26
EmmyMaestro:
I can hear Nigerian judicial shouting " NO GREE O ", " NO GREE O "
. Exactly. Very rotten and highly corrupt set of demons we have there.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Deogratiasfx: 7:06am On Mar 26
Finquas:
The youths in Senegal has shown the way.. Nigeria must fall in line 2027.. All old politrickkcians must be shown the way out

Nigerians that is still teaching Igbos lessons?

2 Likes

Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Chochovini: 7:06am On Mar 26
ElSudani:

Look at contradition and hypocrisy in a few short paragraphs. We allowed religion to cloud our judgment yet in your next sentence you berate us for the outcome of our Muslim -Muslim ticket.
I wonder if some of you even think of what you are writing before hitting your keyboard.
. Well, I personally don‘t see what you‘re talking about in that person‘s comment.

If anything, what I see in his or her comment is nothing but irony and mockery.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by tenpipsperday: 7:13am On Mar 26
Franzinni:
It's high time the oldies go and sit down and let young brains bring fresh ideas ....

The old ones are still stuck in the 70s. And have been trained to see the white man as god

The young brains that are aiding in keeping the old ones in power? No be the young ones dey snatch ballot boxes?
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by jojothaiv(m): 7:16am On Mar 26
NobleAngell:
Because it is not Nigeria where religion has clouded the judgement of people. You should be weeping over the outcome of the Muslim-muslim ticket that you guys voted for that has turned out to be the "best thing"that has happened to Nigeria. Shame!
😂😂😂😂😂

Best thing since slice bread.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by tenpipsperday: 7:19am On Mar 26
kennyz247:
Very healthy for the nation's growth ..

Nigeria no go even allow youth to even have such opportunity ,na to they recycle old fools them sabi

The youths are they ready? Have they finished throwing banters on social media? Have they finished manipultaing the results to favour their tribal man? Have they finished teaching the better candidate a lesson just because the corrupt have corrupted them? Which youths are you talking about?. The ones comfortable with drinking spirit from morning till night at the bus stop running after motor like dogs?

2 Likes

Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by AbujaLagos: 7:27am On Mar 26
This is what they call youth not one man in Nigeria parading himself as youth.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Oparasunny125(m): 7:29am On Mar 26
theysg:
Let it be known.
He is not the youngest African President.

Ibrahim Traoré, 36, remains the youngest.

See this one ooo, who is arguing about the youngest president in Africa, why not be happy for them
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Arabk25: 7:34am On Mar 26
Finquas:
The youths in Senegal has shown the way.. Nigeria must fall in line 2027.. All old politrickkcians must be shown the way out
They play
Nigeria way all of us they abi they one way only you they
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:40am On Mar 26
Finquas:
some of u are naive... He had the backing of Sonko who was supposed to run and is a leader of PASTEF Party... Former president leader of PDS Party Also backed him without which he wouldn't have won..
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by NEIGHBOUR(m): 7:41am On Mar 26
Roboto11:

Young Obi nko?

🤣😭🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Trustedpronet: 7:43am On Mar 26
This one go just dey collect people wife anyhow..because the energy plenty. Just joking. Those wishing same for Nigeria must start projecting a youth from now not on the day of election. El rufai has been up and doing gathering the old again...where are the youth?
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:43am On Mar 26
NobleAngell:
Because it is not Nigeria where religion has clouded the judgement of people. You should be weeping over the outcome of the Muslim-muslim ticket that you guys voted for that has turned out to be the "best thing"that has happened to Nigeria. Shame!
Diomaye has two wives and is a Muslim.. besides faye didn't just wake up to win president he has been following pple like Ousmane Sonko who backed him to run... The likes of Atiku tinubu u want to quit started as youths too nobody ll give anyone political power on a platter
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by cardoctor(m): 7:47am On Mar 26
The man of the people
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by theysg: 7:50am On Mar 26
Oparasunny125:

See this one ooo, who is arguing about the youngest president in Africa, why not be happy for them

Happy for them for what reason?

Does been young automatically mean been capable?
I will be happy for them when he begin to change the country for good.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by theysg: 7:51am On Mar 26
jmichael259:

Who is Ibrahim Traore and where was he elected as president?

Go and ask your grand father.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by carl90(m): 7:52am On Mar 26
True !
There are always military officers that always have eyes on the seat of power.However,I believe Senegal's democracy have solidified over the years that I don't really seeing a coup occurring in that country.
You can see this in the uproar that occurred when the sitting president was hesitant in fixing a date for the election that brought in Faye.
And Faye is not really an inexperienced politician.
He has been in politics for quite a long time.
I just hope he will assemble the brightest of minds in his cabinet and hit the ground running with the aim of bringing the dividends of democracy to Senegal.
sslcrypt:

This is a very valid point, his lack of experience might be an avenue for them to infiltrate. My only hope that the military sees their main duty and stay out. Also there might be an officer with desperation for power he should also keep an eye for that also.

Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by theysg: 7:56am On Mar 26
Legalaffairs:

Youngest democratically elected President. Your thick head will not allow you to understand the different between a Junta and democratic elected President.

Okay whats the difference?
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Obierika(m): 7:56am On Mar 26
Franzinni:
It's high time the oldies go and sit down and let young brains bring fresh ideas ....

The old ones are still stuck in the 70s. And have been trained to see the white man as god

Is Yahaya Bello the ex governor of Kogi State not a youth?

What laudable improvement did he bring to the state throughout his 8 years as governor?
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by theysg: 7:56am On Mar 26
Laple0541:

Ibrahim Traoré is not an elected president, but a military leader.

Okay tell me something i dont know.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Fearurcreeator: 7:56am On Mar 26
Finquas:
Old politicians like who and who ?
And which youth do you think can handle Nigeria ?
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:56am On Mar 26
Adammamon:
Anybody above 60 yrs is old papa. We need 40- 55 yrs of age as President.

it's not by age American president is Old and America is better than Nigeria... The faye that has won today has been following pple like Sonko since.. let the youths get into the fray and follow folks like tinubu Atiku to be push ahead...
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by theysg: 7:57am On Mar 26
sslcrypt:

I won't call him a leader, he's more like a lapdog. Can't you see him light everytime he's around Putin? He wasn't elected but rather took power from the backdoor.

If a door does not exist at the backside, how will he be able to take power from there?
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by theysg: 7:59am On Mar 26
PortHarcourtcit:
traore is a dictator and not a legitimate president... Wise up... He is not democratically elected...

If you say so.
But you no wise reach me sha
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by naija4life247: 7:59am On Mar 26
Finquas:

Nigeria's youths will never rule Nigeria. Oloshos and Yahoo Boys will never rule Nigeria
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by onuman: 8:04am On Mar 26
stuffs4me:

The guy you quoted told you the absolute truth but you hate truth.

1) Obi was an Abacha boy
2) is the worst out of the top 4 contestants but SE voted for him out of religious and tribal sentiments
3) SE hate other regions and considers themselves as superiors to others and the only people who's votes should be counted by INEC. Which is why they believe Obi won the elections. The unfortunate thing for them is that everyone in Nigeria has equal votes irrespective of tribe and religion. One vote in Kebi is equal to one vote in Anambra

Truth is that Obi won the presidential election; and to subvert the will of the electorate, Mahmood Yakubu who was employed by APC government, had to disable the system for electronic transmission of vote results as he observed that Obi was leading the other candidates with a wide margin of votes.

Truth will always purge you.

The truth you refused to accept is that Bola Tinubu, Abubakar Atiku and Rabiu Kwankwaso were sharing the votes of their similar constituency, that gave Peter Obi the ample opportunity to win the three in the last presidential election in Nigeria.

SE people feeling superiors to others? Your suffering of inferiority complex gave you the feeling that SE people feel superior to others. You know you live on dole as a parasite to others in Nigeria; that already is a source for your inferiority complex. To be at the top to control what you don't have in your soil or near your environment, is reason why you are ready to go to any length to subvert the will of the electorate.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by kevwemike: 8:05am On Mar 26
Finquas:
dey play Nigerians dont learn.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Chochovini: 8:06am On Mar 26
NobleAngell:
Drop your fanatical hat and put on your thinking cap, then read my comment again. Otherwise, don't quote me again.
. Please mentain your cool.
I‘ve told him similar thing. Not knowing you‘ll still come for him.
I believe some people just quote others without properly allowing the message that the commenter is trying to pass across to really sink before quoting. It‘s annoying.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by VIKTO83(m): 8:06am On Mar 26
U people should stop shouting Hallalujah yet. Its not uhuru yet.
Young democratically elected leaders had always messed up in Africa. George Weah we all thought would set a good example was booted out by his people after failing woefully.
By this time next year u will start hearing that this guy had looted his country dry. U will begin to see his fat bank accounts all over d world. His collections of exotic cars and aircrafts and yachts. The height of it will be his escapades with different sizes and colours of wom3n while he add to his bedroom fantasies. In fact he will marry more wives and list of concubines increase.
I still believe Kind Solomon was African or has African blood in him. No be today African start to dey mess up.
Yahyah bello and Dino were youths...u can only trust youths with probably political appointments but not executive power as exalted as the president.
O Di very risky....
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by mechanics(m): 8:08am On Mar 26
Congratulations to him, it was truly a deserved victory.
Re: Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat by Otulented: 8:09am On Mar 26
HonNL:

SOURCE

Congratulations my senior man

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe's Resignation Sparks Wild Jubilation In Zimbabwe / Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral / A Mass Grave Has Been Found In Bucha, In The Outskirts Of Kyiv Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.