Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK (53382 Views)

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Emdee Tiamiyu In Nigeria Police Uniform Before He Left For The UK (Throwback) / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by socialmediaman: 6:59pm On Mar 26
helinues:
Village man.

When people are making a day trip from Nigeria to UK or vise versa

Those people have to get a job first grin

They can’t be boasting of traveling abroad frequently while on the frontpage of nairaland 24/7

1 Like

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by onatisi(m): 7:03pm On Mar 26
RichIgboBoy:
but bro one can easily save that 18k pounds easily in a year over there
Lolz , ask those who have been there for 10 years ,how many of them have 18,000 pounds in their accounts as savings
Someone was even telling me I can save 20k dollars within 6months , that is the narrative they sell to people , when people get there and their eyes clear , then they will start working their asses off to gather the same money they used in travelling abroad in order to come back. Travelling is good no doubt but e get as e be

2 Likes

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by sukkot: 7:04pm On Mar 26
socialmediaman:

From night club to night club with UK money and exchange rate lol.

I think that’s what bro in that video is trying to do as well. He couldn’t do that while in Nigeria

Just like you perhaps, 10 years from now he’ll be able to. He would’ve lived the same amount of time in Nigeria and remained the same or worse
so he spent 25 million Naira to japa so he can come to naija every December to spend 2 million Naira in 2 weeks ? Makes sense 🙆🏽‍♂️
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by socialmediaman: 7:07pm On Mar 26
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by Sapasenator: 7:07pm On Mar 26
socialmediaman:

From night club to night club with UK money and exchange rate lol.

I think that’s what bro in that video is trying to do as well. He couldn’t do that while in Nigeria

Just like you perhaps, 10 years from now he’ll be able to. He would’ve lived the same amount of time in Nigeria and remained the same or worse

I wish him the best of luck in his new country bro. Life is too short and everyone deserves to be happy.

1 Like

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by enemyofprogress: 7:08pm On Mar 26
Sapasenator:

I have lived abroad for almost 15years. I schooled there and have all my kids there.

Believe me, Nigeria is not that bad if you have the means to create your own happiness without depending on the government or employers. I am not saying anything is wrong if you want to stay in exile abroad. Your choice my friend.
come back and create it, then live here with us, if it's that easy.

1 Like

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by enemyofprogress: 7:08pm On Mar 26
Hezzyluv:

No mind that man. He even thought you're jealous of his way of live and I had to asked myself at a point how na? For person you never ever see before

Let him relocate back and stay in his solar house undecided
thanks jare.
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by iamL(f): 7:09pm On Mar 26
Akharmony:
Struggle countinua!

Struggle better pass unrepentant shege promax banza.
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by Sapasenator: 7:11pm On Mar 26
enemyofprogress:
come back and create it, then live here with us, if it's that easy.

ok
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by socialmediaman: 7:11pm On Mar 26
sukkot:
so he spent 25 million Naira to japa so he can come to naija every December to spend 2 million Naira in 2 weeks ? Makes sense 🙆🏽‍♂️

A good investment if he has a work permit. Hopefully he does. If he borrowed it, he’ll be able to pay back in a couple years

1 Like

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by iamL(f): 7:12pm On Mar 26
TableLeg:
Welcome to hell!

Next time go legit.
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by erico2k2(m): 7:12pm On Mar 26
004gist:

I came with a dependent and am permitted to work more than 20hrs off break periods.

We are in break now... As we are in Easter holidays
So I can work 24hrs per day
This is the problem with you lot .U guys like to give wrong i fo Ok let me post what you wrote.so your dependant is working all day and all night cos thats what working 24hours work .None stop
You also made mention of bills as if we dont pay bills in Nigeria..look if U think say suffer dey here go home.men dey here dey remit 2k pounds mo thly no issues.
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by AskNgige2: 7:17pm On Mar 26
atiku4President:
Honestly. Deserving. Only a fool will argue it. If you know what a combination of Buhari's wasteful 8 years and a possible Tinubu's hopeless 8 years can do in the life of someone, you will weep. It looks like a 16 year old teen who has struggled to finish college with no hope of a descent higher education in a country where life can be cut short at any moment.
Chaii u get mouth o
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by ChicagoBar(m): 7:20pm On Mar 26
Poor boy ...
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by Thundafireseun: 7:23pm On Mar 26
socialmediaman:

Yes. If he slumps at his home or on the streets, someone can place a 911 call and he’ll have a better chance than if that happened in Nigeria

If his house is on fire, emergency services will arrive within minutes. In Nigeria, he’s on his own

And some foooools will tell you it’s also hard in the UK

3 Likes

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by Emman08: 7:32pm On Mar 26
E reach to kneel down thank God. One regret I have in this life is returning to Nigeria from the UK 11 years ago after studies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by freemanq(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26
Congratulations to you my brother
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by SirLakes: 7:43pm On Mar 26
DNAconverter:
Somebody with no clear path of becoming a permanent resident in UK bad mouthing his country of birth.

You follow am process the visa to know his plans

You dey yarn dust

2 Likes

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by NPFLADMIN(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26
I don't support cursing/insulting 9ja, but congrats.
As for me, Japan is the goal.
Just have to look for a way to earn money first.

1 Like

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by erico2k2(m): 7:48pm On Mar 26
onatisi:

Lolz , ask those who have been there for 10 years ,how many of them have 18,000 pounds in their accounts as savings
Someone was even telling me I can save 20k dollars within 6months , that is the narrative they sell to people , when people get there and their eyes clear , then they will start working their asses off to gather the same money they used in travelling abroad in order to come back. Travelling is good no doubt but e get as e be
You do realise saving £18 means sqving £500 monthly for 36 months.U think this is not doable?Everyone has his or her own commitment.of yours is to save cool if yours is to invest great. If urs is to grove happy days.your P60 is there to remimd you howmuch u earned each year.
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by phorget(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26
allthingsgood:

While u are there writing epistle of lamentations, young lads are going into ICT and real estate and cashing out. Rushing to uk to go and become meaningless care worker and be living hand to mouth, when all the opportunities are here in Nigeria

How many opportunities have you harnessed? If we all go into ICT and real estate then who's going to be the client? All sectors should be functional bro, not just having everyone in one saturated environment.

3 Likes

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by 004gist: 8:02pm On Mar 26
erico2k2:

This is the problem with you lot .U guys like to give wrong i fo Ok let me post what you wrote.so your dependant is working all day and all night cos thats what working 24hours work .None stop
You also made mention of bills as if we dont pay bills in Nigeria..look if U think say suffer dey here go home.men dey here dey remit 2k pounds mo thly no issues.

Remit 2k pounds, you dnt pay rent, bills etc.. Yeye

Common shout that thin u called mouth yeye

I came with over 20,000 pounds.. Oya give me let me return back to Nigeria

Sense u no get.
I said I work 24/7 this Easter breaks did I mentioned dependant working 24/7.. I only said I came with dependant..

In Nigeria I don't pay 650 pounds for rent, plus 60 pounds every month on phone bill, 70 pounds for heat, 60 pounds for light or should I go on?
In fact in Nigeria I had my house, I stay free with free water before I sold it coming here
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by Aizenosa(m): 8:23pm On Mar 26
atiku4President:
Honestly. Deserving. Only a fool will argue it. If you know what a combination of Buhari's wasteful 8 years and a possible Tinubu's hopeless 8 years can do in the life of someone, you will weep. It looks like a 16 year old teen who has struggled to finish college with no hope of a descent higher education in a country where life can be cut short at any moment.

Someone who was born when buhari entered power, na 16 years of chaos Nigeria e go witness

1 Like

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by Singlenhappy(f): 8:35pm On Mar 26
Wise saying only works for those who use it as their guiding principle. Others may believe in other things and it works for them!
thesicilian:

He's obviously not a wise person. A wise person would know that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence and one should always remain humble and cautious as fate is unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by FinidiGeorge: 8:36pm On Mar 26
sukkot:
But guy, you be UK baba nah... For some people eye, the way you dey talk go be as if na village people matter o (let's exclude your spiritual reasons if there are any).. . grin
Why not try Canada or USA or even Australia? You should have better prospects to travel than many here in Nigeria
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by Aizenosa(m): 8:38pm On Mar 26
socialmediaman:

People talk about difficult life abroad, but do people in the UK work harder than Bus conductors and drivers in Lagos, who struggle despite working as hard?

The difference is that he can toil, earn money and progressively improve his living standards over time without struggling for the basics like electricity

5 bottles of origin for you for this your write up. People don't know how much 9ja has deteriorated in the last several years that it's so alarming. If people even get to invest in the country, they will be frustrated out of their investments by either the workers or their communities or the government. It's so painful.
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by Temi2468: 8:44pm On Mar 26
thesicilian:

He's obviously not a wise person. A wise person would know that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence and one should always remain humble and cautious as fate is unpredictable.

Beautiful comment!

1 Like

Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by erico2k2(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26
004gist:

Remit 2k pounds, you dnt pay rent, bills etc.. Yeye

Common shout that thin u called mouth yeye

I came with over 20,000 pounds.. Oya give me let me return back to Nigeria

Sense u no get.
I said I work 24/7 this Easter breaks did I mentioned dependant working 24/7.. I only said I came with dependant..

In Nigeria I don't pay 650 pounds for rent, plus 60 pounds every month on phone bill, 70 pounds for heat, 60 pounds for light or should I go on?
In fact in Nigeria I had my house, I stay free with free water before I sold it coming here

This another issue with you lot.u think everyone has to do silly jobs cos U are doing such and limiting your ability.cos we all dey Nairaland..U dnt k ow some of us earn 500 pounds a day.some even 700 plus a day.Some epeople on here earn 5k pounds take home after tax and overhead of less than 2k pounds in a month..Howmuch do you think a registered nurse earn in a month take home.look guy it all depend on your level
In Nigeria we spend 110k to fuel Gen at home.fuelling my two cars the mrs n mine cost almost 150k in a month cos min3 is diesel i took from here to 9ja..Internet is another level with MTN.now Im getting the musk dish for 900k and 38k monthly.twinskenny is going toninstal my solar i know 5hat will set me bck at least 8M.Middle class in 9ja is dead its either u r rich or u poor simple.
My 2 bed flat i just let out now 1.2m in ph so thats 120k/month dem never eat ohhh. Stay there nor hustle fast waste this chance God carve give u dey complain.as far back as 2012 I already bought a 75k car and me n u fit be same age u are here insulting your father jus cos man is pointing your flaws out.You are here crying of 20k pounds wen your mates do more legit. 20k pounds is less than 40m naira as today for your mind nah big money making ur head swell.I laugh in spanish
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by 6ixVille: 9:40pm On Mar 26
Casually remembering this KWAM1 lyrics "Ilekun toota shebi won tii ti, ilu Canada ni won ti shi". in english "The door the enemy thought they've closed, was opened in Canada". Nigeria go set you back normal normal. (unrelated) con imagine say u con go get get GF for Ibadan or Lagos, mhennnn.
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by IbeOkehie: 9:47pm On Mar 26
allthingsgood:

While u are there writing epistle of lamentations, young lads are going into ICT and real estate and cashing out. Rushing to uk to go and become meaningless care worker and be living hand to mouth, when all the opportunities are here in Nigeria

https://guardian.ng/property/foreign-real-estate-investors-record-huge-losses-amid-rise-in-exchange-rate/

Tell that story to the next mugu.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by 004gist: 9:52pm On Mar 26
erico2k2:

This another issue with you lot.u think everyone has to do silly jobs cos U are doing such and limiting your ability.cos we all dey Nairaland..U dnt k ow some of us earn 500 pounds a day.some even 700 plus a day.Some epeople on here earn 5k pounds take home after tax and overhead of less than 2k pounds in a month..Howmuch do you think a registered nurse earn in a month take home.look guy it all depend on your level
In Nigeria we spend 110k to fuel Gen at home.fuelling my two cars the mrs n mine cost almost 150k in a month cos min3 is diesel i took from here to 9ja..Internet is another level with MTN.now Im getting the musk dish for 900k and 38k monthly.twinskenny is going toninstal my solar i know 5hat will set me bck at least 8M.Middle class in 9ja is dead its either u r rich or u poor simple.
My 2 bed flat i just let out now 1.2m in ph so thats 120k/month dem never eat ohhh. Stay there nor hustle fast waste this chance God carve give u dey complain.as far back as 2012 I already bought a 75k car and me n u fit be same age u are here insulting your father jus cos man is pointing your flaws out.You are here crying of 20k pounds wen your mates do more legit. 20k pounds is less than 40m naira as today for your mind nah big money making ur head swell.I laugh in spanish

Shout up that trap yeye with smelling mouth
Re: Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK by LoveJesus87(m): 10:09pm On Mar 26
Villa12:
your kidnapping or that of your loved ones also sure die grin
Lol. I and my loved ones are covered by the blood of Jesus grin cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pictures Of 3 Train Stations In Kenya / Christmas Tree At Allen Junction In Lagos Made With Plastic Bottles (Pictures) / This New ₦4.32 Trillion Istanbul Airport Will Be The Biggest In The World (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.