Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,366 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:40 PM

Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram (7662 Views)

We’ll Be Ruthless Against Any Pro-biafra Protest In Lagos – Army / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / We’ll Be Back In Four Years Time – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by francisj(m): 4:31am On Nov 16, 2011
Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, Jonathan Tells Boko Haram

ABUJA — IN apparent response to calls for amnesty for the deadly Boko Haram, President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, stated that government was prepared to reintegrate and rehabilitate those who took arms against the state provided they lay down their arms.The President who renewed earlier calls on those who chose to live on the fringes of the law to retrace their steps as government is prepared to work with them to facilitate their reintegration and rehabilitation, however, warned that they should also be prepared to face the wrath of the state should they fail to lay down their arms.Jonathan spoke while inaugurating the re-constituted Presidential Advisory Committee on the Prerogative of Mercy, PACPM, chaired by the Attorney General of the Federation, Mr Mohammed Bello Adoke, who was represented by a member of the committee, Mr Tunji Abayomi
Said he: “W e intend to always provide a window of opportunity for those who have seen the folly in anti social behaviours to retrace their steps. I wish to renew my calls to those that chose to live on the fringes of the law to retrace their steps and we are prepared to work with you to facilitate your reintegration and rehabilitation. If you undermine the state, be prepared to face the full wrath of the law. “Our review of processes and institutional reforms are indeed designed to strengthen and realign all the instruments and agencies of crime prevention and punishment. My administration will not rest on its oars until the spirit of the law runs across the land. I promise to deliver sudden justice for criminal elements.”
He warned that “today our character or reputation as caring and forgiving people are under severe test by frequent acts of mindless brigandage fanaticism which has resulted in the killing and maiming of hundreds of our citizens including those engaged in the noble acts of serving their fatherland.
“We now confront evil of nation that is unacceptable to all religions and our culture and our sense of humanity but I know that this nation is resilient and the people are strong and refuse to buy into acts of destruction which agents of violence are promoting. We shall fight and defeat the evil.”He, therefore, tasked the committee in making recommendation to assess every case strictly on its own merit, stressing: “We will not exercise the prerogative of mercy on a quota basis or in defence to the consideration of religion, geography, ethnicity or politics.”
“Let me seize this opportunity to therefore reassure the nation that I have initiated a very rapid and robust process to enhance the capacity of our security forces to protect life and property. Even as I mentioned security scare, I am confident in the ability of our security agencies to overcome the present one. we are resolute in our charge to security agencies to go after all promoters of terror and other anti social activities and bring them to book”, he said.
“The pervasive assumption is that the Nigerian penal system is punitive and that every encounter with the law may be permanent exit from decent society. We need to place emphasis on our penal system being more correctional, we need to create opportunities for convicted persons either after completing their terms or before they do so considering the circumstances to be reintegrated back into the society and be rehabilitated. Perhaps we can achieve a lot more by making the justice system a bit more redemptive. In doing this, we also need to pay particular attention to human rights especially where there is ample evidence of abuse”.
Besides, he said “at times, this decision involves matters of life or death of citizens, it calls for the highest level of decorum and ethics and utmost fidelity to good consciences and public good.
It is  will not in any way detract us from our duty to protect the life and property of all citizens and safeguard the Nigerian state against any form of violation”.
According to him, “I also want to reassure those out people who have lost their relatives to these crimes that we shall bring the perpetrators to book. We share in your pain, we stand united as we confront the actions of misguided few who seems determined to violate the core values of tolerance and peaceful coexistence”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/lay-down-your-arms-we’ll-be-merciful-jonathan-tells-boko-haram/
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by na2day(m): 4:54am On Nov 16, 2011
eh eh ehe grin
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by chima2011: 5:37am On Nov 16, 2011
TOUGH TALK, BKH de hear o! Dis time no go be police hqr/UN. e go bi ASO ROCK proper
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by slap1(m): 6:32am On Nov 16, 2011
Which book will you bring the perpetrators to? Text book or exercise book? The sponsors of the BH are in government, so they will tell their boys that the readiness of the government doesn't go beyond the words of the mouth, and the bombings will continue. . .
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by danjohn: 7:13am On Nov 16, 2011
At least he is not telling us to pray for Boko Haram members to confess.
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by 9ijaMan: 8:27am On Nov 16, 2011
danjohn:

At least he is not telling us to pray for Boko Haram members to confess.
On this one I agree totally with you.

In anycase, na another mouth service wey GEJ just dey render.
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by saintneo(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2011
The thread topic reminds me of the movie 300.

GEJ: Lay down your weapons!

BH: Come and get them!
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by francisj(m): 8:50am On Nov 16, 2011
saintneo:

The thread topic reminds me of the movie 300.

GEJ: Lay down your weapons!

BH: Come and get them!

GEJ : it not too late to lay it down and come back home

BH : i say ,come and take it !

GEJ : I promise to forgive u for all the killing and bombing so am giving u another
last chance.

BH : seem u are not ready but u can come and get it anytime u are ready !

he-he-he ,funny
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by cjfavour(m): 8:50am On Nov 16, 2011
why will GEJ continue to embarras 9ja? begging boko haram a terrorist group with al qaede link? ppl who have shed innocent blood just because of religion. GEJ PLS STOP THIS INSULT.IF YOU ARE TIRED OF RUINING SORRY LEADING 9JA JUST STEP DOWN. TO ME THE ONLY SOLUTION TO THIS MENANCE IS SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE. IT WILL ENABLE THE NORTHERNERS TO GO and establish sharia in d whole of north.
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by 9ijaMan: 8:53am On Nov 16, 2011
cjfavour:

why will GEJ continue to embarras 9ja? begging boko haram a terrorist group with al qaede link? ppl who have shed innocent blood just because of religion. GEJ PLS STOP THIS INSULT.IF YOU ARE TIRED OF RUINING SORRY LEADING 9JA JUST STEP DOWN. TO ME THE ONLY SOLUTION TO THIS MENANCE IS SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE. IT WILL ENABLE THE NORTHERNERS TO GO and establish sharia in d whole of north.

You made some sense except for the part where you displayed utter bigotry. In anycase, I agree with you that GEJ should simply throw in the towel.

francisj:

GEJ : I promise to forgive u for all the killing and bombing so am giving u another
last chance.

he-he-he ,funny

You are just too funny.
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by chuks49(m): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2011
the topic should have been " Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, Boko Haram To GEJ
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by babalo1: 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2011
i de laf grin grin
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by blacksta(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2011
In exchange for how many oil wells. This man goofs everyday
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by Kx: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2011
chuks49:

the topic should have been " Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, Boko Haram To GEJ
abi?
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by babalo1: 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2011
Nigeria is a comedy funnier than any youve seen in Hollywood or nollywood put together. You steal groundnut in market place, they set you ablaze, no amnesty or reintegration or what so ever. you pick up arms bomb pipelines, police headquarters kill and kidnap, they give you amnesty, pay you monthly salary send you abroad for trainings, and you get to shake hands with people in high places.
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2011
don't mind GEJ
very soon , they gonna suffer angry angry angry
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by marocguy(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2011
i feel GEJ is talking with powers confered on him as the commander-in-chief of ARMED forces. Army,navy,bokoharam, anytn armed.
Our president is a clown, HEEEEEEEEELP!!!
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by mustspin: 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2011
^^^^^ y u dey disturb d thread with ur noise na. undecided undecided
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by Sicherheit(m): 3:05pm On Nov 16, 2011
Why is it that GEJ is always inaugurating something? If he is not cutting ribbon for one center, he is opening envelop for a theater. It looks as if he is just inauguration president. I'm sure if Boko Haram invite to come and launch their first terrorist school, the dopemu will go. undecided
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by 75kobo(m): 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2011
I believe this BH amnesty ploy should be given a chance to fail first,

grin
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by nex(m): 3:17pm On Nov 16, 2011
When Nigerians will not weigh the mental capacity of those they are voting into office.

To even think that Presidential Microphone Holder, Reuben Abati was senile enough to say that the President has warned Boko Haram to "stop the bombings OR face the full wrath of the law"! I really don't understand these people!
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by silibaba: 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2011
I dey laugh ooooooo grin
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by renewnaija(m): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2011
GEJ talks, BH acts. smh
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by kemmeye: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2011
hahaha yeah right like he's going to do anything if he had something to do he would have done it a longtime ago
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by unclebros: 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2011
I hereby Volunteer myself to the service of the people of Nigeria and our Great President Jonathan, I offer myself to be sent to the deadly Boko Haram and pack all their arms and ammunition as they surrender to the promise of Amnesty by the FG. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by bigsean(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2011
75kobo:

grin
like stated in the quote above, lets give it a chance (fail or not). But i would love to see a more decisive leader in action in this situation. GEJ has to make life uncomfortable for this rebels or murders before they can even consider surrendering (no be by mouth).
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by EkoIle1: 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2011
Gej the merciful . And the comedy goes on,
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by kunmibola(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2011
On the contrary, the message should have been; Be Merciful to us, Please Lay Down your arms/Harms grin grin grin grin
GEJ is such an incompetent fool! Mschewwww!!! angry angry
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by brainpulse: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2011
francisj:

last chance.

he-he-he ,funny

GEJ : Hmn i av learnt so many skills to fight you, for the last time i say surrender

BH : no retreat no surrender part5, sho u no get the liver ( boko clears his throat and spat)

GEJ sadcalling Anyim to join hands to fight the battle)

Ayim : Oga pls i have new yam festival to attend

GEJ sadcalling Abati to join hands to fight the battle)

Abati: Oga who will tell the story now? at least let me be the one to narrate the story

GEJ sadcalling patience to join hands to fight the battle)

patience : No i dont want to be a widower u Know i was already a widow

BOkO: ( BK charged the bomb ready to explode it again)

Gej : I beg u no i no get shoes b4, the litle one wee i try buy abegi no small am nao, i begi, bro Boko haram in the lord
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by francisj(m): 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2011
75kobo:

Amnesty indeed !
but to WHO ! ! !
who are the boko harams ?

is it those faceless almajiri's or their faceless sponsor ?

who will come OUT to return the arms ?

WHO WHO WHO !
Re: Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2011
The last time the IG spoke like this, na bomb blast the guy experienced for im office. is it good to say that Aso rock should be expecting a blast soon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Latest Development @ Awka / Ekiti Election: Court Begins Hearing In Oni’s Suit Challenging Fayemi’s Eligibil / APC Presidential Aspirant, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim Speaks To Arise TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.