Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia (18975 Views)

Rev Fr Alia, APC Benue Governorship Candidate Rocks Asiwaju Cap / Gemade May Replace Alia As Benue APC Guber Candidate / Gov Ortom Vows To Work With Minister Akume To Develop Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by ForensikOrder: 12:38am On Mar 31
Benue State Governor, Hyacinth Alia, has said the state is the least developed among the 19 states in the northern part of Nigeria.

Alia made the declaration on Friday when he broke Ramadan fast with Muslim faithful in Makurdi.

He vowed, however, that the situation must change as his administration was determined to embark on developmental projects that would put Benue in a pride of place among other states in the country.

“Out of the 19 northern states, Benue is one of the very least developed. It is just now that we are even installing solar streetlights.
https://punchng.com/there-is-pressure-on-me-not-to-develop-benue-alia/

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by olisaEze(m): 12:51am On Mar 31
Just imagine, after almost a year in office dis one is still sharing conspiracy theories! His people have almost been annihilated and he’s talking about development, for who, the invaders or the murdered citizens?? They can’t keep the people safe but they can get ballot boxes to their communities. Without equity, justice & security there can be no development!

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by ForensikOrder: 1:49am On Mar 31
olisaEze:
Just imagine, after almost a year in office dis one is still sharing conspiracy theories! His people have almost been annihilated and he’s talking about development, for who, the invaders or the murdered citizens?? They can’t keep the people safe but they can get ballot boxes to their communities. Without equity, justice & security there can be no development!
Omo, the thing wey you talk so na big truth. E be like say some of our leaders dey play game with the matter wey serious. One year don waka pass, and the man still dey focus on conspiracy theory. Wetin happen to the people wey don suffer, those wey we don lost? Him dey talk about development - na for the ghost towns filled with memories or for the few wey still dey struggle to hold on?

How we go dey talk about moving forward when the basics like safety no dey guaranteed? Na ballot box we go chop? If justice, fairness, and safety no dey, wetin be development? Na just fancy word wey no get meaning. We need leaders wey go face real issues, not be to dey chase shadows while their people dey suffer.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by JagabanB: 2:19am On Mar 31
ForensikOrder:

Omo, the thing wey you talk so na big truth. E be like say some of our leaders dey play game with the matter wey serious. One year don waka pass, and the man still dey focus on conspiracy theory. Wetin happen to the people wey don suffer, those wey we don lost? Him dey talk about development - na for the ghost towns filled with memories or for the few wey still dey struggle to hold on?

How we go dey talk about moving forward when the basics like safety no dey guaranteed? Na ballot box we go chop? If justice, fairness, and safety no dey, wetin be development? Na just fancy word wey no get meaning. We need leaders wey go face real issues, not be to dey chase shadows while their people dey suffer.
U guys should stop taking it out on him, learn rather than writing long paragraphs.
He's a great upliftment to his and Benue is filled with millions of people who need roads, salaries, what to eat, clean environment etc etc.
He's tackling so many issues facing Benue and u are online ranting about him.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by ForensikOrder: 2:47am On Mar 31
JagabanB:

U guys should stop taking it out on him, learn rather than writing long paragraphs.
He's a great upliftment to his and Benue is filled with millions of people who need roads, salaries, what to eat, clean environment etc etc.
He's tackling so many issues facing Benue and u are online ranting about him.
Omo, I feel the angle you dey come from. True-true, nobody suppose just dey throw blame or yab person without looking at the good side. It's very correct to acknowledge the work wey dey go on for areas like roads, salaries, and making sure people get better environment to live.

But, make we no forget say, to talk about where things no too pure, na part of how we go fit help make things better. The matter wey I dey raise no be to badmouth anybody but to shine light for places we fit do better. Na so we go fit help our leaders see the areas dem need to put more hand. Na through constructive talk we fit push for more action where e dey needed.

Respecting the hustle and addressing the issues no be mutually exclusive. We fit do the two at the same time. E good to praise the work wey don dey done, and e also necessary to talk where we fit improve. Na so we go fit build Benue and our Naija to the levels wey we dey dream of.

19 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Foreverly02: 3:21am On Mar 31
How

3 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Gerardo88: 5:06am On Mar 31
olisaEze:
U dnt know what u are saying, so far he is trying. Only dat sme bad men are trying to make him look, cus the way its going it will be hard to play him like tennis. I pray he works more harder than he's started

8 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by psucc(m): 5:38am On Mar 31
Development for the death or for the living?
There should be a strong will to combat the "conquer and rule" Fulani invaders that has continued to to turn Benue State to a killing field. Once the people can sleep with both eyes closed, whatever development initiative will enjoy the support of the people.

So much is expected from Rev Fr Alia because of his background training and calling. He can't afford to betray the people trust

4 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Jamiubond009(m): 6:41am On Mar 31
The pressure is from Akume and other parasitic entities who only want to enrich themselves with the resources of Benue,to the detriment of an increasingly impoverished populace.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Jamiubond009(m): 6:41am On Mar 31
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:41am On Mar 31
This guy really wants to fail

2 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Cloudflare: 6:46am On Mar 31
This is how to know a failure.

The idiot even classified beune as a northern state. What a very foolish governor. Benue has been unfortunate with bad governors with no-brain

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by udemzyudex(m): 6:47am On Mar 31
I hope you won't give in?

Former kogi who we will all thought as a youth will do better but failed, now you're there as a clergy man.

Don't disappoint people ooo.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by honestivo(m): 6:48am On Mar 31
godfather is another issue we have in Nigeria,the same thing is happening in Rivers state when so called godfather wish the gov should continue to channel state resources to them

10 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Jokerman(m): 6:49am On Mar 31
Do not listen to them Sir.

Please develop the state sir so that when Helinues and Omenka go back to their village for Xmas, they will see roads to access

7 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by helinues: 6:50am On Mar 31
Jokerman:
Do not listen to them Sir.

Please develop the state sir so that when Helinues and Omenka go back to their village for Xmas, they will see roads to access

So you also troll people on Sundays, when exactly do you have time to relax and enjoy yourself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Antoeni(m): 6:52am On Mar 31
Is This to Attract Sympathy or What,
You Were Elected to Work for the Larger Majority of Benue State Not For Some Greedy Selfish, Dubious & Fraudulent Politicians, You Are a Catholic Priest , Do the Will of God, Which is Service to Humanity

5 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by kenny160: 6:57am On Mar 31
ForensikOrder:

Omo, I feel the angle you dey come from. True-true, nobody suppose just dey throw blame or yab person without looking at the good side. It's very correct to acknowledge the work wey dey go on for areas like roads, salaries, and making sure people get better environment to live.

But, make we no forget say, to talk about where things no too pure, na part of how we go fit help make things better. The matter wey I dey raise no be to badmouth anybody but to shine light for places we fit do better. Na so we go fit help our leaders see the areas dem need to put more hand. Na through constructive talk we fit push for more action where e dey needed.

Respecting the hustle and addressing the issues no be mutually exclusive. We fit do the two at the same time. E good to praise the work wey don dey done, and e also necessary to talk where we fit improve. Na so we go fit build Benue and our Naija to the levels wey we dey dream of.
Kudos to ur mature response and your criticism, that is exactly what we need, only the wise that are not footmat of politicians can understand that.

4 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by olumaxi(m): 6:58am On Mar 31
Guy...u talk too much with no corresponding actions

Get to work.....and if you feel confused,step aside

Benue people needs and action governor and not talkative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu To Commission 3 Gas Projects In Imo & Delta / Mohammed Babangida: IBB Didn't Authorize "Buhari Don't Run In 2019" Statement / FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.