Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia (18931 Views)

Rev Fr Alia, APC Benue Governorship Candidate Rocks Asiwaju Cap / Gemade May Replace Alia As Benue APC Guber Candidate / Gov Ortom Vows To Work With Minister Akume To Develop Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 9:01am On Mar 31
Cloudflare:
This is how to know a failure.

The idiot even classified beune as a northern state. What a very foolish governor. Benue has been unfortunate with bad governors with no-brain

Where is Benue classified in Nigeria among the 6 Geopolitical Zones? grin

Answer this and we go truly know who no get brain. grin
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by pocom16: 9:05am On Mar 31
Cloudflare:

The idiot even classified beune as a northern state. What a very foolish governor. Benue has been unfortunate with bad governors with no-brain

Benue state is a northern state.. nothing to sugar coat..

You are the very f$$lish one..the governor spoke facts. His 1 year in office outperforms previous administration
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 9:05am On Mar 31
olumaxi:
Guy...u talk too much with no corresponding actions

Get to work.....and if you feel confused,step aside

Benue people needs and action governor and not talkative

The accelerated development he is currently achieving is not an action abi?
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by funshint(m): 9:08am On Mar 31
So they're still referring to themselves as northerners?! These people have a self esteem issue to deal with first.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 9:12am On Mar 31
HRMK:
what a very stupid statement from a man that governs a state!if you cant develop the state,what are you doing in the state house?HONEYMOON?
Let me explain what he means to you since you need help to comprehend it.

He is currently developing the state like no other governor before him since 1999. Politicians prefer that he share money and contracts to them so that they will embezzle just like the normal culture in the previous governments. he stands against that and they are trying to sabotage his efforts.

That is actually a statement of fact of happenings and not a complaint by him.

Do you understand now? or should I use an analogy? cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Charli3benkz(m): 9:13am On Mar 31
olisaEze:
Just imagine, after almost a year in office dis one is still sharing conspiracy theories! His people have almost been annihilated and he’s talking about development, for who, the invaders or the murdered citizens?? They can’t keep the people safe but they can get ballot boxes to their communities. Without equity, justice & security there can be no development!
U are a mumu man.
That's all i got to say for now. Shouldn't u make ur findings before u delve into talking nonsense.?
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 9:19am On Mar 31
Antoeni:
Who are those pressuring you Rev fr. that joined evil cult like APC and u want peace or development? It’s not possible na. APC only gives retrogression , hunger , suffering , looting and insecurity
Its the same people in his party that are doing this oh!

Make the man commot from APC. we go vote am anywhere.

After a long time, Benue has found a Governor who works but politicians will not let him be because they are unable to embezzle funds like they do before.

Just imagine that this is not only coming from the main opposition party (PDP), it actually coming 80% more from his own party members (APC)
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Johnjustice: 9:19am On Mar 31
Forget stories for pressmen and bloggers, do your work, use the state allocations and revenue and develop it.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 9:21am On Mar 31
psucc:
Sir, you've just succeeded in saying nothing.
Read and reread my comment or take it to your Primary school teacher to interpret it.

Tell us what HE Fr Alia is doing. You can cap that with pics, links, etc. That's how to defend your principal and not jumping from one post to the other accusing all of ignorance. How do we know if you don't tell us the much you know about Benue.

Stop the Killings, first!

Benue People are not complaining apart from greedy politicians.

Make leg no dey d pain you pass person wey wear d shoe. cool
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Pearlty(f): 9:23am On Mar 31
What an excuse!
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 9:36am On Mar 31
Melonsmasher:
Benue state is among the 13 states currently in dept within 6 months in office.

What has the governor done so far with the borrowed money

The Owing of salaries is Courtesy of the last Governor, Samuel Ortom.
His own government has never owed salaries, rather he has cleared some owed, and paid some but the government is still owing. they are clearing it one parastatal after the other.

The borrowed money is to facilitate the many ongoing capital projects that benue people are celebrating. but the politicians prefer he shares money to them like other governments did.

The masses in Benue are content.
(Apart from those who illogically blame him for owed salaries which he inherited from Samuel Ortom who embezzled the whole state and vehemently refused to pay salaries.)

1 Like

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by frog12: 9:39am On Mar 31
you are not northerner, olodo !! grin
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by pocom16: 9:41am On Mar 31
psucc:
Sir, you've just succeeded in saying nothing.
Read and reread my comment or take it to your Primary school teacher to interpret it.

Tell us what HE Fr Alia is doing. You can cap that with pics, links, etc. That's how to defend your principal and not jumping from one post to the other accusing all of ignorance. How do we know if you don't tell us the much you know about Benue.

Stop the Killings, first!

The governor is Installing streetlights on every highway (state and federal) in makurdi.
Yes mediocre but imagine a whole capital not a single road have functional street lights..

The first flyover to decongest traffic at a major roundabout is under construction.. another is planned at a junction just before the river Benue bridge thay will serve as a landmark....again mediocre..but Benue is the only northern state without a single flyover bridge..
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by pocom16: 9:42am On Mar 31
frog12:
you are not northerner, olodo !! grin
So na middlebeltan ba..

Una go just carry this north and south thing for head like it means anything..
If them like let them rebrand as south south...it just change anything...alot of northern states like borno, Kaduna ,Kano, plateau and even adamawa beats Benue hands down
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Jungleluv5: 9:48am On Mar 31
Fr Alia I don't believe it. As a catholic Priest I don't think you need to be afraid of anybody to do anything except God. I PRAY THAT GOD PUNISH ANYBODY WHO WILL DISTURB YOU IN YOUR WORK
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by frog12: 9:58am On Mar 31
na political thing to suck money away and dump middlebelt. na reason wike want that pdp chairman Ayu to resign grin
middlebelt has no voice

pocom16:

So na middlebeltan ba..

Una go just carry this north and south thing for head like it means anything..
If them like let them rebrand as south south...it just change anything...alot of northern states like borno, Kaduna ,Kano, plateau and even adamawa beats Benue hands down
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by patrickmuf(m): 10:04am On Mar 31
ForensikOrder:

Omo, I feel the angle you dey come from. True-true, nobody suppose just dey throw blame or yab person without looking at the good side. It's very correct to acknowledge the work wey dey go on for areas like roads, salaries, and making sure people get better environment to live.

But, make we no forget say, to talk about where things no too pure, na part of how we go fit help make things better. The matter wey I dey raise no be to badmouth anybody but to shine light for places we fit do better. Na so we go fit help our leaders see the areas dem need to put more hand. Na through constructive talk we fit push for more action where e dey needed.

Respecting the hustle and addressing the issues no be mutually exclusive. We fit do the two at the same time. E good to praise the work wey don dey done, and e also necessary to talk where we fit improve. Na so we go fit build Benue and our Naija to the levels wey we dey dream of.
I love that you responded to him in a rational way. This is how people to should in a forum and not gbas gbos every time.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by JagabanB: 10:15am On Mar 31
99thEnemy:

Na you the indulge the OlisaEze sef.

they see news and make complete one sided analysis without knowing truly what is on ground.

dem feel comfort or pain pass the people wey wear the shoe.

Another Mofo was saying 2 days ago that benue doesn’t need a flyover ( This was someone who has never passed through benue in his entire life).
Just imagine the nightmare at wurukum roundabout when one tries to pass there with a vehicle.

Last last, this Governor is the best thing that has happened to Benue in 25 years.
I wonder why they will praise Otti and discriminate against Alia.
Who does that?
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by JagabanB: 10:16am On Mar 31
Votejagaban:
There's nothing on ground here, we are even missing the previous administration.
That's a fat Iie, u are not even in Benue State.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Sam1994: 10:32am On Mar 31
[I believe you don't have an elder in your village. Referring to an elder as idiot entails how barbaric you are. Go to Benue and ask the inhabitants and get to know what the governor is doing before you will come online and display your foolishness.post=129193127]This is how to know a failure.

The idiot even classified beune as a northern state. What a very foolish governor. Benue has been unfortunate with bad governors with no-brain[/quote]
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by JagabanB: 10:34am On Mar 31
ForensikOrder:

Omo, I feel the angle you dey come from. True-true, nobody suppose just dey throw blame or yab person without looking at the good side. It's very correct to acknowledge the work wey dey go on for areas like roads, salaries, and making sure people get better environment to live.

But, make we no forget say, to talk about where things no too pure, na part of how we go fit help make things better. The matter wey I dey raise no be to badmouth anybody but to shine light for places we fit do better. Na so we go fit help our leaders see the areas dem need to put more hand. Na through constructive talk we fit push for more action where e dey needed.

Respecting the hustle and addressing the issues no be mutually exclusive. We fit do the two at the same time. E good to praise the work wey don dey done, and e also necessary to talk where we fit improve. Na so we go fit build Benue and our Naija to the levels wey we dey dream of.
Most of the people talking are people who will praise Otti to the moon for doing mediocre stuffs but wiII criticize others.
He's a huge improvement to the people of Benue, the average salary earner in Benue makes his salary a prayer point before it comes, in Benue, you could get paid half salary in a month, local government areas are selected that will be paid for each month, then next month others will pay, the people critîcizing this same governors praised the governor doing all that.
This particular man pays his people on time, if I am not mistaken, they even got improved salaries, travel through Benue and see how dirty and diIapitated it is, that's when you will come back to appreciate, last time I was in Benue, I saw improvement.
The biggest probIem in Benue is póvèrty not herdsmen.
He's doing his best and growth is a gradual process and all these criticism are highly unnecessary.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Babathanks(m): 10:35am On Mar 31
ForensikOrder:

Omo, the thing wey you talk so na big truth. E be like say some of our leaders dey play game with the matter wey serious. One year don waka pass, and the man still dey focus on conspiracy theory. Wetin happen to the people wey don suffer, those wey we don lost? Him dey talk about development - na for the ghost towns filled with memories or for the few wey still dey struggle to hold on?

How we go dey talk about moving forward when the basics like safety no dey guaranteed? Na ballot box we go chop? If justice, fairness, and safety no dey, wetin be development? Na just fancy word wey no get meaning. We need leaders wey go face real issues, not be to dey chase shadows while their people dey suffer.
Many of you guys would sit alone in your Enugu or ekiti. and would be talking about state that is miles away from you. What do you even know about Benue? Come to Benue here and see project that he's doing. Othom spent 8yrs as governor and he did nothing, likewise susane.

1 Like

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by MaziX(m): 10:52am On Mar 31
JagabanB:

U guys should stop taking it out on him, learn rather than writing long paragraphs.
He's a great upliftment to his and Benue is filled with millions of people who need roads, salaries, what to eat, clean environment etc etc.
He's tackling so many issues facing Benue and u are online ranting about him.
name one thing he has tackled? Just 1.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by psucc(m): 11:21am On Mar 31
This is the way to go!
Though not entirely perfect, let him up the game on security. According to him, Benue will witness a turn around by his administration and I pray God leads him through.

pocom16:

The governor is Installing streetlights on every highway (state and federal) in makurdi.
Yes mediocre but imagine a whole capital not a single road have functional street lights..

The first flyover to decongest traffic at a major roundabout is under construction.. another is planned at a junction just before the river Benue bridge thay will serve as a landmark....again mediocre..but Benue is the only northern state without a single flyover bridge..
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Jerry1280: 11:31am On Mar 31
Cloudflare:

You get sense in that your skull at all?
Go research about the man you're trying to insult.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by schoolboymatt(m): 11:32am On Mar 31
Alia sef don wear shoe...e don know how the thing dey scratch.

if u no go. u no fit know.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Jerry1280: 11:33am On Mar 31
MaziX:
name one thing he has tackled? Just 1.

Massive infrastructural upgrade going on in Benue State, as well as social welfare. Sometime it's better to keep quiet when you know nothing about something.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Jerry1280: 11:37am On Mar 31
ote author=Babathanks post=129195962]
Many of you guys would sit alone in your Enugu or ekiti. and would be talking about state that is miles away from you. What do you even know about Benue? Come to Benue here and see project that he's doing. Othom spent 8yrs as governor and he did nothing, likewise susane.[/quote]

I swear. The level of ignorance is alarming. Gov Alia is performing incredibly well. Give him more time if he continues this way, I assure you that he'll end up as one of the best governors in the country. ..some of this boys just sit in one village and comment about things they have no single knowledge about.

1 Like

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31
JagabanB:

I wonder why they will praise Otti and discriminate against Alia.
Who does that?
Dem no like other people progress as long as no be their own.

Ignore the lean wit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Jokerman(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31
helinues:

So you also troll people on Sundays, when exactly do you have time to relax and enjoy yourself?

I'm following your lead bro
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 1:29pm On Mar 31
funshint:
So they're still referring to themselves as northerners?! These people have a self esteem issue to deal with first.

You are the one with an issue.

There are 6 geopolitical zones, Northwest, North East, North Central, South West and South South.

Benue falls in North Central (Middle belt), so what should he call it in a situation where there are referring to North and South?

let me educate you further so that you will not embarrass yourself again since you learnt nothing in school. You are supposed to know this from Social Studies which every person who at least had a complete Junior Secondary education in Nigeria should know.
Even if you forget which states are in each region, you should be able to remember after checking references.

There are 19 Northern states and a Capital totaling 20, 17 Southern states.

To Juggle your memory here are states and Capital by Region.

North Central Region:

1. Benue
2. Kogi
3. Kwara
4. Nasarawa
5. Niger
6. Plateau
7. Federal Capital Territory (Abuja)

North East Region:

1. Adamawa
2. Bauchi
3. Borno
4. Gombe
5. Taraba
6. Yobe

North West Region:

1. Jigawa
2. Kaduna
3. Kano
4. Katsina
5. Kebbi
6. Sokoto
7. Zamfara

South East Region:

1. Abia
2. Anambra
3. Ebonyi
4. Enugu
5. Imo

South South Region:

1. Akwa Ibom
2. Bayelsa
3. Cross River
4. Delta
5. Edo
6. Rivers

South West Region:

1. Ekiti
2. Lagos
3. Ogun
4. Ondo
5. Osun
6. Oyo

Never again forget that the Regions starting with North are regarded as being in the North and those starting with South are regarded as South.

so Benue is a Northern State (Irrespective of the lack of typical cultural association)

Don’t be shy to thank me for educating you cool

2 Likes

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Bimpe29: 1:29pm On Mar 31
Holy Ghost will fire those mounting the pressure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra / Court Orders Buhari, Osinbajo To Tell Nigerians Names Of All Suspected Looters / Fayose Reiterates Call For President Buhari’s Resignation, Says; “his Failure Ow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.