Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth (19050 Views)

Groom Abandons Bride On Wedding Day After Discovering She Already Has 4 Kids / Sex After Child Birth / Woman Narrates How Husband Died After Returning From Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by dangotesmummy: 7:13am On Apr 01
Anashe:

I've had oby/gyn patients (pregnant women) with complete hair loss, loss of dentition, temporary blindness, paralysis, partial stroke, postpartum psychosis, etc. I think they need to start raising the awareness in Nigeria because of the things I'm reading here from supposedly educated people. Plus women need to start knowing the potential risks involved before having kids with nonentities. Dear God! I don't have the strength for Nairaland.
I think there are too many maniacs here on nairaland.i thought it's lack of education but many are demented and irritatingly ignorant.before wedding I think a lot of men need to be schooled by what child birth entails and the fact that every woman has their own peculiar experience unique to them.while some have it easy and straightforward some others come with complications.however if you see man wey dey sociopathic before wedding e no dey hard to know, just know say that one Na sorry excuse of a man.carry your shoe and japa

3 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Maryam1234(f): 7:20am On Apr 01
purples25:

Why do you like to make life hard for your fellow women, belittling the effort and pains of giving birth.

Do you know that because of women like you who make it seem like giving birth is not a big deal, many wicked people will judge all women to be like that? Because of women like you, many don't even consider letting those that gave birth in many pains and complications to be going through anything. Because of you so called superwoman, they expect every woman to be like that, to just enter the kitchen and start housework too.

See, if you like stress, if you like carrying everything on your head with no help so that Nigerian men can call you a strong woman, do it. But please, for the sake of your fellow Nigerian women, don't underrate the pains and efforts of pregnancy and childbirth. Have mercy on those who cannot do it like you and have weakness or pains. Many women keep lying and stressing so as to be called strong woman. They don't consider the effect on other women. They are in competition with other women rather, they want to be considered as more of a wife material than other women, showing themselves up and down. Why can't we protect ourselves rather than look for the praise of men at other women's expense?

Thank God you are so strong, but please don't belittle the effort of childbirth please. Don't belittle all the effects to make them rate it as nothing. Men don't suffer any of these things and they want to undervalue our pains to make themselves a more valuable gender. Also to avoid doing anything special for us. Many of the men you are trying to impress hate us, they don't want to do anything for us.

My emphasis was on (normal birth)

Besides my narration is from my personal experience and I'm entitled to my opinion...

Every woman live and grew up in different society, our body and the ease with which everyone bear pain differ.

I grow up in a society where we don't see child bearing as death sentence and hence our women are always prepared for that before hand....

Whenever I'm in labour I always tell myself it's for sometimes and truly it's for sometime...

Before giving birth in my society we have a ritual of taking some natural fruits, regular ones found everywhere which makes the birthing process easier...

I'm sorry if my post belittle women From your society or you in particular but all what I have written are nothing but my own opinion and experience

And after the baby is out via "natural birth" women in my society regardless of any tribe they represent in Nigeria are back to Life......

Compliments of the season 🤗

2 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Elsueno: 7:20am On Apr 01
bukatyne:
In which culture did women start working

@OP: I don't blame the husband. If the wife has shown herself capable, who are we to say she isn't? Ideally, we can't love her more than she loves herself.

Even if she can do Kung fu immediately after giving birth, as a sensible husband, person supposed to stop her. Haba, let the woman rest na, even slaves take breaks after child birth talk less of my loving wife. I rather go to d kitchen and cook myself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Agunesinjaweola: 7:29am On Apr 01
What if the woman makes love to husband after two days
You guys would have hail the woman !!!
Oh ye Hypocrite !!!

1 Like

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Maryam1234(f): 7:38am On Apr 01
purples25:

Why do you like to make life hard for your fellow women, belittling the effort and pains of giving birth.

Do you know that because of women like you who make it seem like giving birth is not a big deal, many wicked people will judge all women to be like that? Because of women like you, many don't even consider letting those that gave birth in many pains and complications to be going through anything. Because of you so called superwoman, they expect every woman to be like that, to just enter the kitchen and start housework too.

See, if you like stress, if you like carrying everything on your head with no help so that Nigerian men can call you a strong woman, do it. But please, for the sake of your fellow Nigerian women, don't underrate the pains and efforts of pregnancy and childbirth. Have mercy on those who cannot do it like you and have weakness or pains. Many women keep lying and stressing so as to be called strong woman. They don't consider the effect on other women. They are in competition with other women rather, they want to be considered as more of a wife material than other women, showing themselves up and down. Why can't we protect ourselves rather than look for the praise of men at other women's expense?

Thank God you are so strong, but please don't belittle the effort of childbirth please. Don't belittle all the effects to make them rate it as nothing. Men don't suffer any of these things and they want to undervalue our pains to make themselves a more valuable gender. Also to avoid doing anything special for us. Many of the men you are trying to impress hate us, they don't want to do anything for us.

Mind you every woman including myself are not immune to labour pain but if you will be logical you'll agree with me that immediately after the baby is out that's where the whole pain die off even with the placenta still inside you won't feel much pain anymore...

No man will value or appreciate you except your husband so don't expect praises from any man...

I usually walk into labor ward with my hubby and I won't go to hospital until I'm 6cm dilated to make it easier for me,I bear my pain at home......

I also learned not to sleep on hospital bed while in labor because of how my first labor lasted, whenever labour starts at home I will be walking to make it faster.....

The last time four years ago a nurse said madam sleep na,I said mummy please allow me to move ..I was exercising in the labor room to make it easier...

Have you forgotten how people in the villages gave birth on their way to the Farm, Stream, Market Those women and my grandparents are my inspiration for Motherhood...

God has already prepared our body for this,if we see it as difficult and strenuous it will be difficult for us..Let's see it as part of what our body was original designed for and it will be easier for us,I don't pray for difficult child birth because I'm still in the process

All what we pray for is for that energy to push through the entire situation and come out Victorious..

Imagine a society without a woman??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by 1Sharon(f): 7:40am On Apr 01
condensedmilk:

You should have asked her what she did differently so as to learn one or two and also teach other women too.

Poor men should ask rich men what they did, so they can learn a thing or two and teach other paupers.

2 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by wany(f): 7:40am On Apr 01
purples25:

Don't mind her anything to be praised by a man. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by 1Sharon(f): 7:45am On Apr 01
Agunesinjaweola:
Oh ye Hypocrite !!!

Who will be hailing her?

That one is even worse. She can get an infection. NO doctor will recommend that.

3 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by omoharry(f): 7:50am On Apr 01
jayce232:

My friend's wife gave birth in the morning & cooked in the evening of that same day. She insisted on doing it. Only women who delivered via CS or had complications during delivery are made to rest. If it is normal delivery, there is no big deal.
Your friend is a monster and so are you. Your parents should be ashamed of you.They really did a bad job in your upbringing.
I feel sorry for any woman that will have you as a husband.
Someone like you will look at the mirror and regard yourself a man. .

4 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by purples25(f): 7:53am On Apr 01
Maryam1234:

Besides my narration is from my personal experience and I'm entitled to my opinion...

Every woman live and grew up in different society, our body and the ease with which everyone bear pain differ.

I grow up in a society where we don't see child bearing as death sentence and hence our women are always prepared for that before hand....

Whenever I'm in labour I always tell myself it's for sometimes and truly it's for sometime...

Before giving birth in my society we have a ritual of taking some natural fruits, regular ones found everywhere which makes the birthing process easier...

I'm sorry if my post belittle women From your society or you in particular but all what I have written are nothing but my own opinion and experience

And after the baby is out via "natural birth" women in my society regardless of any tribe they represent in Nigeria are back to Life......

Okay. I don't know if you're saying you don't need rest or care regardless of how easy it was for you, but...

Despite our differences in opinion, I respect you as a mother. I'm sorry if I seemed to attack you, but even if you didn't mean to belittle anyone or their experience, please have in mind that many men cannot differentiate. Most want to believe all women are like you.

So, for the sake of others who bleed, or die or have pains and complications, could you please factor in that many other women need care after giving birth? It's only being sensitive, because as you can see, many men are learning from your words. Don't let some get home and be expecting your kind of attitude from those who truly went through a lot. It is only an act of kindness to other women. Never fail to remind them that it isn't easy for everyone, though thanks to God, yours was okay.

I am not belittled, I walked right after giving birth, but I was quickly encouraged to rest and I took that treatment with gratitude. In my case, I would still always remind men that it's not easy, so nobody goes to stress a weaker woman that went through a hard childbirth🤷. Happy new month.✌🏾

3 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by purples25(f): 7:54am On Apr 01
1Sharon:

Poor men should ask rich men what they did, so they can learn a thing or two and teach other paupers.

😁😁

2 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by purples25(f): 7:58am On Apr 01
Maryam1234:

Mind you every woman including myself are not immune to labour pain but if you will be logical you'll agree with me that immediately after the baby is out that's where the whole pain die off even with the placenta still inside you won't feel much pain anymore...

No man will value or appreciate you except your husband so don't expect praises from any man...

I usually walk into labor ward with my hubby and I won't go to hospital until I'm 6cm dilated to make it easier for me,I bear my pain at home......

I also learned not to sleep on hospital bed while in labor because of how my first labor lasted, whenever labour starts at home I will be walking to make it faster.....

The last time four years ago a nurse said madam sleep na,I said mummy please allow me to move ..I was exercising in the labor room to make it easier...

Have you forgotten how people in the villages gave birth on their way to the Farm, Stream, Market Those women and my grandparents are my inspiration for Motherhood...

God has already prepared our body for this,if we see it as difficult and strenuous it will be difficult for us..Let's see it as part of what our body was original designed for and it will be easier for us,I don't pray for difficult child birth because I'm still in the process

All what we pray for is for that energy to push through the entire situation and come out Victorious..

Imagine a society without a woman??

Dear I understand, let them know it's easy but not easy because we should be appreciated and not treated as if it is nothing, i bet you also like appreciation. Much love.
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Maryam1234(f): 8:07am On Apr 01
franugo:

I heard of someone like that in bayelsa state, u in bayelsa?

I'm A Kogi Woman living in Niger State
I'm not from Bayelsa..

Scenes like that are common in my ancestral home town...

You'll see women going about their normal duties after childbirth because in the village no one cares much....

I don't see anything spectacular in what the woman did because most women do that.

It was the Internet that makes it look special and some are even insulting the man..

And she just cook food using gas in modern kitchen

It shows the birth was without complications hence she's supposed to be on bed rest for some months to make her enemies happy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by purples25(f): 8:07am On Apr 01
condensedmilk:

You should have asked her what she did differently so as to learn one or two and also teach other women too.

I didn't have a hard birth, I don't mind if her or I teach other women how to make our lives easier bruh, I just want the appreciation and care to be on point for all women regardless of how it went for each woman and how strong she is. Strong doesn't mean we should abuse that strength.

Oh, so because a man brings money home without complaining, I should just 'dey bill am dey go' right? Men want to be appreciated for bringing money in don't they? Why must a woman give birth and be treated like she didn't do anything?

5 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by DKM123: 8:08am On Apr 01
TrustNone:
lazy bone spotted.
God forbid your type as my wife.
Tufiakwa
now this is the kind of wife I want to marry.
Hi Maryam can we get to know each other?

See TrustNone the lazy @ss beggi Beggi Nairaland banbiala who sc@ms and begs on Nairaland 24/7 for over a decade calling a woman lazy! LNGKM .Wonders!

The unf0rtunate woman who will be with a s!MP like you must be suffering generational curs£s for them to be afflicted with a partner like you. Tufiakwa! Ewwww!

TrustNone , the 40 year old expelled teacher named Victor Omerigwe, a paedoph!le g@y rap!st and Ch!ld molester, resident Nairaland beggar and perpetual internet scammer also known as HellVictorinho6 aka abba190 aka EbenezerTriumph aka keet13 aka MrsAminaBello and 40 other monikers.... I will keep coming for you until you are arrested for scamming a p00r widowed mother of 4 and scouting for underaged kids on the internet to m0lest. You must pay for all your evul doings.

1 Like

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Maryam1234(f): 8:09am On Apr 01
Agunesinjaweola:
Oh ye Hypocrite !!!

It means both the woman and the man have issues upstairs.
Who does that 😒

1 Like

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by Maryam1234(f): 8:14am On Apr 01
condensedmilk:

That's the aspect some women miss out

The modern day Gen Z woman don't believe they can learn anything from elders...

Those elders are always willing to give reasonable advice to make some process easy for us but they'll be forming Class...

I learned so many things from people who can't even spell their names correctly,yes I have to learn because they know one or two things I don't know....

Even some common health issues women face can be solved by fellow women if they open up

I discovered all women face similar challenges in womanhood so I'm always available to learn from my elders...

1 Like

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by jayce232: 8:25am On Apr 01
omoharry:
Your friend is a monster and so are you. Your parents should be ashamed of you. They really did a bad job in your upbringing.
I feel sorry for any woman that will have you as a husband.
Someone like you will look at the mirror and regard yourself a man. .
You are just ranting for nothing
If a woman delivery wasn't via CS devoid of any complications, there is no big deal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by condensedmilk: 8:34am On Apr 01
1Sharon:

Are you a female?
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by folake4u(f): 8:37am On Apr 01
poshestmina:
He should have carried the gas and foodstuffs to her in the Labor room .
He didn't have to wait till the next day .

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nor be lie.

Happy New Month to you, Ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by 1Sharon(f): 8:38am On Apr 01
condensedmilk:

Are you a female?

Are you a male?
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by condensedmilk: 8:50am On Apr 01
1Sharon:

Are you a male?

Send me your aza so that you can celebrate Easter like your fellow and stop putting pressure on that young man.
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by NoToPile: 8:57am On Apr 01
I don't have an issue with the video, I guess she was strong enough. Even if she was she still deserves to rest.

What I have a problem with is the nasty comments on this thread by Nairaland boys.

Even for the same woman every pregnancy is different. Had a 4th degree tear in my first, had a very painful stitching while I had a very easy and short delivery with my 2nd.

Recovery was very different in both cases

So those yapping nonsense should stop abeg. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by NoToPile: 9:00am On Apr 01
Maryam1234:

Care to share the fruits and how it's used?

Thanks.
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by 1Sharon(f): 9:07am On Apr 01
condensedmilk:

Send me your aza so that you can celebrate Easter like your fellow and stop putting pressure on that young man.

Send yours first
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by franugo(m): 9:16am On Apr 01
Maryam1234:

I'm A Kogi Woman living in Niger State
I'm not from Bayelsa..

Scenes like that are common in my ancestral home town...

You'll see women going about their normal duties after childbirth because in the village no one cares much....

I don't see anything spectacular in what the woman did because most women do that.

It was the Internet that makes it look special and some are even insulting the man..

And she just cook food using gas in modern kitchen

It shows the birth was without complications hence she's supposed to be on bed rest for some months to make her enemies happy

Silly isn't it? Staying in your house and coming online to insult someone simply for showcasing strength and love towards her family.
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by franugo(m): 9:33am On Apr 01
1Sharon:

Alaye, have you experienced childbirth?

I'm obviously a man but i know several women that have experienced childbirth. I have been to the hospital for a friend after childbirth. Some ladies that have gone thru it have come out to say that the op is not a new thing, that they have also experienced something similar but some children here are trying to shut them up. I can bet you that several people lambasting them have not gone thru childbirth.
Some of you here make it seem like all men are heartless creatures, imagine what some foolish girls are posting in the pages. Personally, i wouldn't let my wife cook for a couple of weeks, even if she wanted to, but that's a moot point anyway as i did most of the cooking when she was in Nigeria and I'm good with that. What you people should understand is that we have different strokes for different folks and this habit of fallacious generalisation helps no one.
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by 1Sharon(f): 9:39am On Apr 01
franugo:

I'm obviously a man but i know several women that have experienced childbirth. I have been to the hospital for a friend after childbirth. Some ladies that have gone thru it have come out to say that the op is not a new thing, that they have also experienced something similar but some children here are trying to shut them up. I can bet you that several people lambasting them have not gone thru childbirth.
Some of you here make it seem like all men are heartless creatures, imagine what some foolish girls are posting in the pages. Personally, i wouldn't let my wife cook for a couple of weeks, even if she wanted to, but that's a moot point anyway as i did most of the cooking when she was in Nigeria and I'm good with that. What you people should understand is that we have different strokes for different folks.

Do you see your hypocrisy? You haven't experienced childbirth and you never will, so who the hell are you to speak on childbirth as If your experience is more valid than those other women that also haven't experience childbirth? Are you the only person with friends that have given birth?

Don't pretend like you haven't seen other men up there equally lambasting him. What are your words for them?

The husbands lacks courtesy period. A commenter here gave the perfect analogy, imagine going to a hospital and asking to eat the patients food, some of them might be okay with it, does that mean you should do it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by franugo(m): 9:47am On Apr 01
1Sharon:

Do you see your hypocrisy? You haven't experienced childbirth and you never will, so who the hell are you to speak on childbirth as If your experience is more valid than those other women that also haven't experience childbirth? Are you the only person with friends that have given birth?

Don't pretend like you haven't seen other men up there equally lambasting him. What are your words for them?

My opinion has always been the same, the lady obviously was not forced, her husband loves her and she loves her husband, what gives you people here the right to curse or belittle her If one's childbirth experience was traumatising, there's other women who didn't have traumatising childbirths so why the hate? If you say it's because the woman is encouraging your man to treat you differently even when your experience was worse, then that's on you for marrying a foolish man, not on anyone else.
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by franugo(m): 9:50am On Apr 01
1Sharon:

The husbands lacks courtesy period. A commenter here gave the perfect analogy, imagine going to a hospital and asking to eat the patients food, some of them might be okay with it, does that mean you should do it?

Where's the hypocrisy? Did i ever say i experienced firsthand childbirth? Your analogy is so flawed i don't even know where to begin, plus i don't even see the correlation to the op
Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by kkins25(m): 9:52am On Apr 01
Hmmmm.. 😁 😁

Reminds me of one woman who no wan dey rest. The day she gave birth, she was the one going up and down...

Say, she can't sit down like that.. Now that I think of it, maybe she get ADHD. 🤣.

Mumu man sha.. Instead of him to sieze the moment to be ultra-super-duper romantic.... 😁

3 Likes

Re: Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth by okerekingsley90: 9:53am On Apr 01
TrustNone:
lazy bone spotted.
God forbid your type as my wife.
Tufiakwa
now this is the kind of wife I want to marry.
Hi Maryam can we get to know each other?

Iwu ezi grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women / My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? / Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.