Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road (49544 Views)

Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort / This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by IbeOkehie: 9:17pm On Apr 05
lexy2014:

what are the caliber of structures America tears down to build new structure?

how is this structure to be seen as "moi-moi" or anything less than what you claim America tears down?

what makes Lagos-Calabar road so important?

how is demolishing Landmark resort the solution to the jaga jaga of Nigerian cities and how will it make Lagos "align with earlier or new city-plan layouts"?

There are no rules in war.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by onecansee: 9:17pm On Apr 05
ThìsGlobe.com pictures
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by MadeMan01(m): 9:18pm On Apr 05
All those beaches should be demolished. Overpriced for natural geography to be enjoyed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by FuckOsuPigs: 9:18pm On Apr 05
Forkthiefnubu:

Collective good of who ? lol suddenly they are talking about collective good of the people

I am sure you live in Igbo Eze, so you don't see a 700-km road from Lagos to Calabar as a better infrastructure than the resort.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Image123(m): 9:23pm On Apr 05
TemporaryHansel:

The $200m claim is lamba. It can't be worth up to that. I'll be surprised if it's actually worth more than $50m.

Yeah, it's okay for him to make a claim. It's another thing for it to be audited. i can claim damages of 1 billion dollars to my reputation. It is left for a competent body to affirm or dismiss that.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Bintasukai: 9:25pm On Apr 05
lexy2014:

which are meant to be answered.

can you pls show me the "bigotry" in this question....what will be the economic value that the road will bring?

has the meaning of the word "bigotry" changed in the dictionary?

No, they are not meant to be answered. Nobody owes you an answer here. That is where you get it wrong. You are always on threads that denigrate SW.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by d142475: 9:26pm On Apr 05
I hope this is not true. Even though it ends up not happening, having thought about do it is insane. NIGERIA IS AN EVIL ENTITY. THIS EVIL IS BEYOND ANYTHING WORDS CAN DESCRIBE. IT IS DEMONIC.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Bimpe29: 9:26pm On Apr 05
Mixed reactions would surely greet the every development stride.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Forkthiefnubu: 9:29pm On Apr 05
FuckOsuPigs:

I am sure you live in Igbo Eze, so you don't see a 700-km road from Lagos to Calabar as a better infrastructure than the resort.
Don’t worry about where I live , since when are Yoruba ppl and Tinubu interested in collective good of Nigerians and no longer in your tribal domination
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by abbey621(m): 9:29pm On Apr 05
Bintasukai:

No, they are not meant to be answered. Nobody owes you an answer here. That is where you get it wrong. You are always on threads that denigrate SW.

You don catch am.....The guy is very screwed up upstairs, always asking mumu questions and even when he gets answers, he still repeats the questions.....Na real sociopath grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by SmartPolician: 9:30pm On Apr 05
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I haven't heard Yoruba's crying that Bobrisky was arrested because he is Yoruba. grin grin grin grin That is what they would have been crying 😭 all over by now had it been Cubana Priest was arrested.

Hear them start crying up and down now that this is because PAUL ONWUANIBE is an Igbo man. undecided

But thank God for the bolded remarks in the comment below about the Minister of works who is Igbo and not Yoruba or Hausa or Wike's tribe.

Oga, why are you bringing my comment to this thread? What has it got to do with this thread? You weed this night?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Bintasukai: 9:33pm On Apr 05
abbey621:

You don catch am.....The guy is very screwed up upstairs, always asking mumu questions and even when he gets answers, he still repeats the questions.....Na real sociopath grin grin grin

I swear. Question wey no Dey ever make sense. E go come Dey ask am like say na d question go bring enlightenment to the whole world. The reason why he asks again and again is because he did not get the bigoted answer wey e Dey find. Real sociopath. Unstable guy.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Image123(m): 9:34pm On Apr 05
Gerrard59:

Could you please mention other places and ill-fated multimillion dollar projects where the owners were given seven days to vacate the property?

You may file compensation claims or go to court on his behalf. You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "ill-fated", you're adviced not to use it until you get proper understanding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by lexy2014: 9:34pm On Apr 05
Bintasukai:

how does this thread denigrate SW?

can you pls show me the "bigotry" in this question....what will be the economic value that the road will bring?

has the meaning of the word "bigotry" changed in the dictionary?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:35pm On Apr 05
SmartPolician:

Oga, why are you bringing my comment to this thread? What has it got to do with this thread? You weed this night?

Yes I smoke weed. grin
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by ebufa: 9:35pm On Apr 05
nlfpmod:
Nigeria Wants A Road To Rival The Pacific Coast Highway - CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/05/business/landmark-beach-nigeria-demolition-superhighway/index.html

you tell this Lagos igbo to come home, they will abuse you and call you IPOB or ESN terrorist.....nngwa now! ee don happen! you go hold Sanwa olu for trouser! one nigeria na scam! How many yoruba people have that kind of investment in Enugu or even port harcourt! Igbo no dey hear word until the sharp needle of tribalism and nepotism enter dia eye and penetrate to the back of their skull!

Let him go and sue sanwaolu in ogboni infested Lagos judiciary! Paul oga Landmark you are a mumu man!!
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by grandstar(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05
LegendHero:
That corridor will be open to massive investment and real estate will spring across close to the water body.

Most people don't know Ogun and Ondo state have Coast lines.

I worry about the environmental damage.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Artscollection: 9:39pm On Apr 05
Peppysco:

You obviously lack cognitive capacity to understand that the government already asked him to file for claims and that the project is a federal government initiative and not the Lagos state project as that would have given you more reasons to moan over nothing. By the way, should a project that would bring more economic value to the country and Nigerians be shelved aside because it will affect one individual's interest? Better quit this your victim mentality.

EZI !!! i know the agbado they promised you has eaten the miniature grey matter in your cranium hence your lack of comprehension of basic statement.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by ThierryJay: 9:39pm On Apr 05
Seun:

The value of the complex is $100m. Can the Lagos state govt pay that much to him?

From the notice given to him, they are not demolishing the entire property but only 50metres of it. But whether the 50metre is from the waterfront or entrance, I'm not sure.

Paul is a very sound businessman. I'm sure he'll pull through and probably make something better off from this saga.

The 7 day notice is quite absurd though. I'm sure it wont fly.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Gerrard59(m): 9:40pm On Apr 05
Image123:

You may file compensation claims or go to court on his behalf. You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "ill-fated", you're adviced not to use it until you get proper understanding.

You could not answer a simple question. This implies it is out of place to order the vacation and subsequent demolition of a multimillion dollar project within a week.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by PHAYOL81: 9:43pm On Apr 05
I want to believe what they're (I mean the LASG and FG teams)planning to retake and redesign is the coastline which includes but not limited to the beach areas and adjoining adornments. Landmark would still have its main buildings untouched.
And if by chance, the affected areas are basically contained in the original survey the CEO procured while buying the property (and not an expansion as a result of dredging to get more space), then I say he must be compesated. But if the spaces were AFTER-SALES extension, then the state (LASG)and the FG owe him no apology.
But one thing is clear, urban regeneration mustn't be hindered or stopped for anyone whatever the reason.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by grandstar(m): 9:45pm On Apr 05
olisaEze:
"Valued at over $200 million, according to Onwuanibe, the Landmark site is home to over 80 businesses and provides more than 4,000 direct jobs. It also generates over 2 billion Naira ($1.5 million) in annual tax revenue"

They’re prepared to lose $1.5 million annually in tax and 4000 jobs in these hard times. Why, because Tinubu and his all Yoruba advisers are real dullards who will not stop until they see the country in ruins. Even the CNN reporter is shocked! Funny thing there is, they think they’re dealing with the Igbos, but I bet over 50% of those 4000 jobs sent into the unemployment market will be Yoruba.

I doubt all these figures he is quoting. If it is up to even a quarter, shout hallelujah grin
grin grin
grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:45pm On Apr 05
Igbos that kept their biggest investments in the slum oF Africa will learn in a hard way. No fvck given..
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by tradepunter: 9:45pm On Apr 05
RichDad1:
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

See dem Unpatriotic vitriols

men STFU..... you looking stupid
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by flokii: 9:50pm On Apr 05
The owner should pack all he can within the grace period given to him because Government will demolosh the place.. It's sad but he has to give way for the Lagos to Calabar coastal road project whether he likes it or not.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by NaijaPrince18: 9:52pm On Apr 05
olisaEze:
"Valued at over $200 million, according to Onwuanibe, the Landmark site is home to over 80 businesses and provides more than 4,000 direct jobs. It also generates over 2 billion Naira ($1.5 million) in annual tax revenue"

They’re prepared to lose $1.5 million annually in tax and 4000 jobs in these hard times. Why, because Tinubu and his all Yoruba advisers are real dullards who will not stop until they see the country in ruins. Even the CNN reporter is shocked! Funny thing there is, they think they’re dealing with the Igbos, but I bet over 50% of those 4000 jobs sent into the unemployment market will be Yoruba.
Why not go back to your land?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by rickleye: 9:55pm On Apr 05
What an Ambitious project which will be an avenue to siphon money.
Why not spend this money on upgrading the existing Federal roads and local government roads.
Inland. Making sure that every road is tarred. Providing constant electricity.
Maintenance on existing infrastructure.
Who’s paying for this and what the revenue is to be generated.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Aussie2doc: 9:56pm On Apr 05
Blaze14k:
Why always igbo people I really don't understand this trend

Just keep shut. I am Yoruba. My property worth 200 million is marked for demolition for the same coastal road. In my estate, more than 70 homes are marked and we were given one week notice too. The total estimated value by Federal ministry of works approved estate valuer is 16 billion. More than half of the properties are owned by Yorubas.

Just shut the Bleep up Tribalist

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by NaijaPrince18: 9:57pm On Apr 05
Aussie2doc:

Just keep shut. I am Yoruba. My property worth 200 million is marked for demolition for the same coastal road. In my estate, more than 70 homes are marked and we were given one week notice too. The total estimated value by Federal ministry of works approved estate values is 16 billion. More than half of the properties are owned by Yorubas, a Yoruba owns the estate and he is even an APC politician from Ogun state.

Just shut the Bleep up Tribalist
The real question is why don’t they simply go back to their land since everything is a problem to them?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by tuzle(m): 9:59pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

Do you want free electricity or constant electricity

Because if u can afford electricity u can afford petrol easily
what are u saying? Are u saying the price of fueling gen is almost equivalent to the cost of electricity? I bought 10k fuel in my sister's gen and I have not used it for more than 20hrs and the fuel is almost finished are u now saying fueling the gen for 30days will cost the same as having light for 30days.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Image123(m): 9:59pm On Apr 05
Gerrard59:

You could not answer a simple question. This implies it is out of place to order the vacation and subsequent demolition of a multimillion dollar project within a week.

Hope you learned the meaning of that word? i have less patience and tolerance on this forum for sore losers infected by the Obi disease and hoping that the country doesn't prosper, so that they can gloat. If you are not one sorry. Observe the attached pictures and letters and stop crying more than the bereaved. The bereaved is complaining over 2weeks after notice, you are crying about 7days.

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Coronavirus1: 10:09pm On Apr 05
KillIgbohoN0W:
Why wasn't Oniru & Elegushi beaches notified?
You want to closed all the beaches in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale / Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / PHOTOS: Lady Boards Flight To Ibadan, Arik Plane Lands In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.