Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense (30967 Views)

How Oil Derivation Fund Is Shared - Statisense / South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense / Gombe, REA Boss Commission REA: 85 Kilowatt Solar Mini Grid Power Plant In Da (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Max24: 10:52pm On Apr 06
LeeSantos:
No.1 to 29. Don’t have half of the resources No.30 has
Do they have the population Nigeria has?
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by israelmao(m): 11:04pm On Apr 06
Where are countries with viable economy like South Africa, Ghana and others?
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by yommen: 12:05am On Apr 07
ZKOSOSO:
2021 statistics u are sharing in April 2024...

God punish you

The figure is so wrong. Was electricity $0.19(N223) in 2021? Or was that the right price while we have been paying less? Besides, electricity per unit I'm Nigeria cannot be said to be N223 because it's only 15% of the population that are to pay 223. Others pay far less, not even up half of that.
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Jaycee07(m): 1:09am On Apr 07
emorse:

Some of these guys are struggling to justify their choice in the last elections. Lately I had to remind one that elections are over and if we're not careful, we'll lose the next four/eight years of our lives.

You are absolutely correct. Elections are over. I am not a Nigerian, even though I have my ancestry traced back there.
That’s a plausible statement to make. Elections are over, but you’re living with the consequences of electing a leader who’s not in touch with modern times and realities.
Let me quickly remind you again that the minimum wage is N30K. So don’t even make any attempt to deflect the subject in question.
You have families and friends who are struggling so terribly to feed and pay bills. And I can assure you that most of those individuals voted for Tinubu.
Right or wrong , they made their choices and I respect that.
Does that make Tinubu pro- people leader? If Atiku or Peter Obi had won the elections, can you be truthful and honest that you wouldn’t criticize him if he had increased the tariff?
That tells me there’s something creepy about your support for this government. And it’s not even in the overall interest of the nation. It’s either you’re a tribalist or a religious fanatic, who sees nothing wrong in criticizing a leader simply because he doesn’t shares the same tribe or religious faith with you.
And may I remind you gentleman that poverty, hunger and starvation are alien to tribe and religion.
When you think about Nigeria and Nigerians and not the president, then we can have an original thought to share.
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by emorse(m): 1:23am On Apr 07
Jaycee07:

You are absolutely correct. Elections are over. I am not a Nigerian, even though I have my ancestry traced back there.
That’s a plausible statement to make. Elections are over, but you’re living with the consequences of electing a leader who’s not in touch with modern times and realities.
Let me quickly remind you again that the minimum wage is N30K. So don’t even make any attempt to deflect the subject in question.
You have families and friends who are struggling so terribly to feed and pay bills. And I can assure you that most of those individuals voted for Tinubu.
Right or wrong , they made their choices and I respect that.
Does that make Tinubu pro- people leader? If Atiku or Peter Obi had won the elections, can you be truthful and honest that you wouldn’t criticize him if he had increased the tariff?
That tells me there’s something creepy about your support for this government. And it’s not even in the overall interest of the nation. It’s either you’re a tribalist or a religious fanatic, who sees nothing wrong in criticizing a leader simply because he shares the same tribe or religious faith with him.
And may I remind you gentleman that poverty, hunger and starvation are alien to tribe and religion.
When you think about Nigeria and Nigerians and not the president, then we can have an original thought to share.
This is exactly what I say to those who support this administration blindly. Elections are over. Commend them when they do well and call them out when they don't. The next 3-8 years are at stake here.

PS: You misunderstood my earlier comment.
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by iyke2frankeze: 1:36am On Apr 07
Where is South Africa, Ghana and other African countries competing with Nigeria on attraction of foreign investment? You only show us the countries who can never dream of becoming a top investment destination.
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by korm2me(m): 3:06am On Apr 07
You are only getting $0.19/KW because naira has been rendered useless by this government and you think ours is cheap. If APC makes 1 dollar to 216 naira as they promised tell me what 1KW will cost
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Harddiskng(m): 3:42am On Apr 07
SalamRushdie:

Says someone that probably doesn't pay fro electricity

Why should i pay for it, when you generate it free for me 😹
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Blaze14k: 3:46am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

Because when you pay less than you should for power, you will get less power. It's kind of like a rule.

Now it has increased let's see how u get better electricity
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by skj1377(m): 4:53am On Apr 07
Stupid government!
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by PaZwoD: 5:17am On Apr 07
[quote author=adamusuleiman1 post=129297993][/quote]
They have started again
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Iamzik: 5:56am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

Because when you pay less than you should for power, you will get less power. It's kind of like a rule.

You people talk like people who have no brain. Just read what you wrote again and ask yourself whether it makes sense.

So if you start paying 2000/kWh today you will suddenly have more power in your area??

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Everything is not party
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Johnjustice: 6:12am On Apr 07
SalamRushdie:
Static sense and lies , why don't they compare it to America

The headline clearly said most expensive kilowatt in Africa...you people supporting government when they increase tarrifs and fuel costs, you people are.either paid sycophants or very naive.

Ask yourself, what is the government doing with all the money they make from Nigeria and Nigerians?
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Aguiyimba(m): 7:31am On Apr 07
benuejosh:
The stup!d team "what's their minimum wage" will soon be here.

Everything is been paid for already in this Nigeria for Nigerians that's why they're Lazy like the former President rightly said. If they press their neck with all this increase in price of things we consume for free without knowing the value, people will start to think out of the box. Every subsidy should be removed even the one on education.

Fake people everywhere
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by nairalanda1(m): 7:33am On Apr 07
Iamzik:

You people talk like people who have no brain. Just read what you wrote again and ask yourself whether it makes sense.

So if you start paying 2000/kWh today you will suddenly have more power in your area??

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Everything is not party

Okay, then don't complain about bad power supply. You get what you pay for.

This isn't about party, it is about how government has failed you by price controls and subsides. There is nothing like cheap power.
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by nairalanda1(m): 7:35am On Apr 07
Blaze14k:

Now it has increased let's see how u get better electricity

And things do cost money, plus the subsidy only went for less than 20% of consumers. Most of you still get a subsidy on power.
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by nairalanda1(m): 7:36am On Apr 07
CorrectionFLuid:

That's a 2021 report. Read well before proceeding to blow useless grammar

Yass, and things haven't changed much since then...until last week.
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by nairalanda1(m): 7:37am On Apr 07
correctguy101:

And it'll still be from the meagre earnings shey? . shocked

How are even the same people all these things will affect still supporting this nonsense?

Even if those earning little do not use this electricity, the things they'll buy from their meagre earnings must have passed through it and the prices will still be on the higher side.

These things are linked.

SMH

Well, would you cut your prices to help the poor then?
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Jaycee07(m): 7:45am On Apr 07
emorse:

This is exactly what I say to those who support this administration blindly. Elections are over. Commend them when they do well and call them out when they don't. The next 3-8 years are at stake here.

PS: You misunderstood my earlier comment.

And I apologize for that. That write up was for @ paraman the original poster.
Thanks for understanding.
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:03am On Apr 07
I hate Apc angry people will be suffering and they be telling us is ok to suffer
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by CCIA: 8:09am On Apr 07
SalamRushdie:

Respect yourself before I teach you sense
did you get sense installed? cool
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Blaze14k: 8:41am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

And things do cost money, plus the subsidy only went for less than 20% of consumers. Most of you still get a subsidy on power.

Bro no too much talk I will wait and see if electricity improves in the next one month
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by nairalanda1(m): 9:08am On Apr 07
Blaze14k:

Bro no too much talk I will wait and see if electricity improves in the next one month

Ah well, I know that removing subsides is the first step.

Things cost money.
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by bdon123(m): 10:31am On Apr 07
Paraman:
Power supply is so cheap in Nigeria. No wander Nigerians are not complaining about the increase in price for people in Band A
Please Wat is band A
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by femi4: 10:55am On Apr 07
Paraman:
Power supply is so cheap in Nigeria. No wander Nigerians are not complaining about the increase in price for people in Band A
where is the power?

Nigerians are paying for "Darkness supply "
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by Paraman: 10:56am On Apr 07
femi4:
where is the power?

Nigerians are paying for "Darkness supply "
I don't pay for darkness, I pay for what I use
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by femi4: 11:00am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

lies

Do we have refineries when fuel subsidy was removed?

It's not going to happen with power, the facilities isn't generating enough power. Nigerians are only paying for darkness
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by femi4: 11:00am On Apr 07
Paraman:
I don't pay for darkness, I pay for what I use
Be deceiving yourself

How many people are on smart meters
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by emperor4love(m): 11:12am On Apr 07
Stupid,wat is de minimum wage of those countries
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by PapaFejiro: 11:16am On Apr 07
Are they lying or they didn't compare it to America that is your problem? Choose one. By the way you dont you have google or Safari on your phone to make a simple research to confirm?
The America you mentioned is more than all of them there.
All you people do in Nigeria is complain, complain and complain.
SalamRushdie:
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by PapaFejiro: 11:19am On Apr 07
They are subsidizing everything for you that is what they are doing with all the money. Its easy to call people names because of the parochial mindset you have. Education, Electricity, Healthcare and many more are subsidized by the government, If you think its a lie, ask you relations abroad to tell you how much they pay for these things, then you will understand.
Johnjustice:

The headline clearly said most expensive kilowatt in Africa...you people supporting government when they increase tarrifs and fuel costs, you people are.either paid sycophants or very naive.

Ask yourself, what is the government doing with all the money they make from Nigeria and Nigerians?
Re: Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense by chukwuma234: 11:35am On Apr 07
SalamRushdie:

Is America in the continent of Africa..You and 100 idiots that liked your comment don't have any brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again / Osinbajo Welcomes Paul Biya To Nigeria (Photos) / Boko Haram Bike Man Paralysed A Boy In Chibok (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.