Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest (49888 Views)

Nigerian Man Deported From Canada For Killing a Parrot / Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage / Man Deported To Gambia After 20 Years In US For Lack Of Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by tnerro1(m): 8:53pm On Apr 08
thesicilian:

There's a lot of idol worship in the Catholic church

If dem take you go court to provide evidence now, you go begin write long letter of apology
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by CorrectionFLuid: 9:05pm On Apr 08
thesicilian:

Kneeling down and praying in front of statue is what?

So in your mind, they are worshipping the statue.
Using same analogy as yours, one shouldn't even go to church at all because you may kneel and pray while facing the altar or pulpit. SMH.

It seems you're one of those people that pentecostal pastors deceived in the 90s and early 2000s in order to convert.
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by abah52: 9:21pm On Apr 08
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by abah52: 9:29pm On Apr 08
After His resurrection, Jesus told the disciples, “If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained” (John 20:23).
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by pacificom: 10:13pm On Apr 08
sunsweet33:

Dem dey talk Catholic you dey yarn Anglican. Nawa for u oo
Nevertheless, England is not that country where illegal immigrant will confide in any man of God about his immigration status. Illegal immigrants are seen as greater threat than al qaeda kids. It is a dangerous place to overstay visa or stay illegal.
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by Benjamin831(m): 10:38pm On Apr 08
This content is meant for cruise only.
There is no truth in it.

There is something called the seal of confession.
It entails that if it can be proven that a Catholic Priest discloses what was discussed at confession to any other person, his Priesthood will be revoked immediately.

I challenge OP to bring out the deported and watch the Priest cease to be a Priest forever.

2 Likes

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by sunsweet33: 10:39pm On Apr 08
pacificom:

Nevertheless, England is not that country where illegal immigrant will confide in any man of God about his immigration status. Illegal immigrants are seen as greater threat than al qaeda kids. It is a dangerous place to overstay visa or stay illegal.

I quite agree with you. No need telling them anything, especially if you’re black. They have Been complaining about immigration for like 15 years now! So priest or no priest Is not the point here.

Or is it not the same oyibo priest who came to deceive all of us in Africa in the first place??

1 Like

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by armadeo(m): 12:31am On Apr 09
michlins:
This is a big lie created for content. Most people in the UK are not doing anything meaningful so social media money is their next oil well

Exactly. I'm not a Catholic but I know that a priest cannot and would not report such a thing. He can only advice.

I suspect though not sure.

This is just some way to trend gist. Liars.
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by patosky3310(m): 12:51am On Apr 09
The Nigerian media is at it again. Always ready to misinterprete information. The man in question, must have initiated his own deportation, because he wants to do right or by way of restitution. The Catholic priest is never, in any circumstance, required to reveal the sins of a penitent, as this goes against the seal of confession.

1 Like

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by manikspears: 1:14am On Apr 09
princepee:
The story don't add up
No priest will snitch on someone that came for confection.

Don't mind them,they won't shut up but when those ones do something they will be shouting discrimination. A priest is not allowed to give away any information to the authority. It is part of their oat. Maybe pentecostal churches are exempted but orthodox are not allowed to snitch.

1 Like

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by manikspears: 1:17am On Apr 09
Benjamin831:
This content is meant for cruise only.
There is no truth in it.

There is something called the seal of confession.
It entails that if it can be proven that a Catholic Priest discloses what was discussed at confession to any other person, his Priesthood will be revoked immediately.

I challenge OP to bring out the deported and watch the Priest cease to be a Priest forever.

Immediately. No thinking about it.

1 Like

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by Chinjo2: 2:53am On Apr 09
Zonefree:
The idea of confessing your sins to your fellow man is what I don't understand about Catholic.

The Bible made it clear for us. Confess your sins to the Lord direct. Your pastor or Rev father cannot forgive your sins or even take you to Heaven.

John 20:22-23 All authority in heaven and on earth has been given unto you. Whatever sin you forgive they are forgiven and whatever sin you retain they are retained. Can you shed more light on this?

1 Like

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by BafanaBafana: 3:23am On Apr 09
Smitaro100:

Ok. But what makes you think it's fake?
If it looks fake and sounds fake, it is definitely fake
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by Ashirioluwa: 3:25am On Apr 09
Lies upon lies
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by michlins(m): 5:17am On Apr 09
armadeo:

Exactly. I'm not a Catholic but I know that a priest cannot and would not report such a thing. He can only advice.

I suspect though not sure.

This is just some way to trend gist. Liars.
ok let me tell you,a Catholic priest getting women pregnant can get him suspended only. But a priest defiling the secrecy of the confession is derobed immediately

3 Likes

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by femi4: 6:58am On Apr 09
omartins:
Who English dey worry between me and you now? So priest is not another? Na heavenly being?

You still don't get it. Who is the priest confessing to?
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by femi4: 7:00am On Apr 09
PaChukwudi44:

So priests are not part of the one another in the church? Are you sure you are okay?
Mumu
The priest confesses to no one, that makes it "one another " invalid
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by femi4: 7:02am On Apr 09
Coldkev17:
I wan curse you before but i realise that your level of spiritualty is below par. Mary intecede for our prayers, period. Stewpd man
Oh ye Mary worshipers....who has bewitched and blinded your spiritual sight
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by omartins(m): 7:04am On Apr 09
To senior Priest or Bishop.

femi4:
You still don't get it. Who is the priest confessing to?

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by femi4: 7:05am On Apr 09
omartins:
To senior Priest or Bishop.

And the most senior? Confesses to who?

It is a wrong doctrine. The believers of the old didn't have hierarchy when it comes to who to confess their sins to
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by AcrylicProperty(f): 9:26am On Apr 09
Best for him as he confessed to avoid greater punishment.

And to you reading this, your best is yet to come guys...

Reach out to us for the best of genuine & verified properties with a reputable Real Estate company that delivers. Read more on our signature below here 👇to leverage the current promo and contact the number.
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by Pirosaw: 10:31am On Apr 09
The story is not true and is not possible because such priest will face the wrath of the catholic church. Even in court in the whole a catholic can not be a witness.

For non catholic, there is what is called Seal of confession. No priest in the Catholic Church will dare do that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by Jacobpio: 11:12am On Apr 09
This story is merely for traffic generation. No validly ordained Catholic Priest would take that risk or breaching confessional seal under any condition, because his faculties will be ceased from him. This is but a cooked imagination!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by Lacash: 11:38am On Apr 09
officialwdhtv:
Nigerian man reportedly gets deported after confessing his immigration status to a Catholic priest in the U.K.

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AGJGgBQEig
The fools gon learn the hard way 🤡
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by armadeo(m): 11:52am On Apr 09
michlins:
ok let me tell you,a Catholic priest getting women pregnant can get him suspended only. But a priest defiling the secrecy of the confession is derobed immediately

Exactly. I suspected as much.
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by Mandate1: 11:52am On Apr 09
theophorus:
Nameless man?

Research further and you will realize that these is just one of those online clout chasing things.

People doing anything to get traffic and get some $$$.
she just wan trend. No priest will do such. Breaking the sacramental seal is s sacrilege in Catholic church. The priest will be defrocked immediately.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by BarrElChapo(m): 10:24pm On Apr 09
Fake story.
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by BarrElChapo(m): 10:32pm On Apr 09
Smitaro100:

Ok. But what makes you think it's fake?

Cos in the confessional the priest doesn’t see you, even if he does for instance in some parishes here in Nigeria, in the confessional the priest doesn’t ask your name.

This is a form of confession; forgive me father for I have sinned, this is my first confession since (the period of your last confession) here are my sins.

No mater the sin you commit even murder a priest can get laiticized if he reveals it, the most he can do if he doesn't have the faculties to forgive refer you to a bishop or a priest that does.

That blogger just cooked up stories for clicks
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by Smitaro100(m): 1:40am On Apr 10
BarrElChapo:

Cos in the confessional the priest doesn’t see you, even if he does for instance in some parishes here in Nigeria, in the confessional the priest doesn’t ask your name.

This is a form of confession; forgive me father for I have sinned, this is my first confession since (the period of your last confession) here are my sins.

No mater the sin you commit even murder a priest can get laiticized if he reveals it, the most he can do if he doesn't have the faculties to forgive refer you to a bishop or a priest that does.

That blogger just cooked up stories for clicks

Hmm
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by BarrElChapo(m): 2:20am On Apr 10
Smitaro100:

Hmm

More

Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by onatisi(m): 3:36am On Apr 10
officialwdhtv:
Nigerian man reportedly gets deported after confessing his immigration status to a Catholic priest in the U.K.

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AGJGgBQEig
Lies ,rubbish talk
Re: Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest by Smitaro100(m): 7:47am On Apr 10
BarrElChapo:

More

Ok, nice 1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Photo Thread Of My Relocation / Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) / This Woman Acts As The Conductor Of Her Own Bus (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.