Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms (44803 Views)

Jnr Pope Is Alive: He Was Revived - AGN President / Cynthia Okereke’s Bank Account Cleared – AGN President / Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by reiddecuti: 8:22am On Apr 11
Carelessness
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Slickest(m): 8:23am On Apr 11
Chekwume16:
Forget all these things they say in social media. That guy was dead before they got onshore. You could see his hands raised and stiff when he was laid beside the river. I wonder how he took the risk of doing a boat ride without a life jacket knowing how much his family meant to him
Sounds harsh but it's the piercing truth, the more tilt we make towards exposure the stupider we get.

6 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Ebukamatth(m): 8:23am On Apr 11
Hmmmm
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by ZombieDetective: 8:23am On Apr 11
"Finally"

Was this one waiting for his death ?

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by blaise26abj(m): 8:23am On Apr 11
RIP to the dead .

I think it is lack of value for life and lackadaisical attitude of Nigerians that caused this avoidable death.

1. Why would people who cannot swim , enter a boat without life jackets ? Even people who can swim can drown . It means you really don’t care about your life or that of the kids you so much want to raise.

2. Why would the government allow such boats to carry people without life jackets .

3. After rescuing him , why did no one deem it fit to resuscitate him ? CPR is not rocket science . It will take you the same amount of data to watch a woman twerk to watch videos that teaches CPR. In fact after rescuing him , you can quickly watch one and do it instead of filming the tragedy .

4. Why was he taken straight to the mortuary? Like seriously ? Lack of education is expensive ! It has cost that man his life !

5. Because there is no regard or value for human life , this WILL happen again .

May God be with the family .

6 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by McStoic(m): 8:24am On Apr 11
VaginaAcademic:
They should arrest the production team for not providing safety jackets for the actors

Even if the production team are guilty, as an adult you are supposed to look out for yourself na. That video he made showed he was comfortable cruising without life jacket. This is a painful and careless death..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by motionarena: 8:25am On Apr 11
Wawelexy:
God gave him a second chance to accept him as his personal Lord and Saviour... I just hope he made use of that opportunity... Only a very few people have this privilege...

Abeg try get brain
Mumu sheep

6 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by nedekid: 8:27am On Apr 11
That video showing he had woken up, I took it with a pinch of salt, tried to see if he made any movement, but none. Any way, it was to be hopeful.
Under no circumstances should Nigerians disregard their safety. A cousin drove me to Ilishan Remo 2 days ago, started firing his sienna to 140kph on the smooth Lag-ib Expressway, Omo, I cautioned him, he said in my suv, I speed that much. I told him, I have brand new tyres, he does not. I told him to slow down and not drive above 90kph.
How will pope go on a boat without life jacket for goodness sake? I doubt this can happen in Lagos. Sometimes we complain that our officials in Lagos are high headed, but look at it, they will never allow a boat no matter how small to move people without life jackets!
In all, may almighty grant him eternal peace, grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss. May grace shine on the 3 sons he left behind.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Mummyfour(f): 8:28am On Apr 11
All through the night I was hoping this guy would survive it. I just got the shock of my life hearing he passed after I had seen videos of people rejoicing he pulled through. This is very pathetic. This happy go lucky guy. And an only child of his parents for that matter. In the video when he was on the river, he was even begging the ferry guy to be careful because he was an only child and would be the one to raise his 3 boys. My heart is broken

11 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Benwallt(m): 8:28am On Apr 11
Sad. RIP man
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by blaise26abj(m): 8:29am On Apr 11
Wawelexy:
God gave him a second chance to accept him as his personal Lord and Saviour... I just hope he made use of that opportunity... Only a very few people have this privilege...

Silliest comment of the day goes to you ! God told you abi ?’ Was he conscious to take this “second chance” you so claim ? Religion has eroded peoples senses in this country they sometimes sound like empty drums

6 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Jokerman(m): 8:29am On Apr 11
Wawelexy:

Hopefully he did.

Righteousness2 made a post on this yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by GreatVocalist: 8:30am On Apr 11
Neddyogu:
How could they have confused signs of rigor mortis with signs of life?
It's pretty simple. They didn't know.

2 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Kobicove(m): 8:30am On Apr 11
Thundafireseun:

Nigeria obviously has a very long way to go

Someone came back to life after being pronounced dead…. Instead of rushing him to the hospital…

Asaba people rushed him back to the river 😤😤😤

Forget that nonsense story being peddled around he never came back to life.

Based on the first pic of his body that was pasted online rigour mortis had already set in so there was no way he would have come back to life
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Mexyz(m): 8:31am On Apr 11
Rest in peace Sir.
Even if he was alive when he was brought out of the water, the way the crowd were touching him, shouting and all that was enough to kill him.
There was no sign of any medical personnel there to do CPR or anything.

Yes I know death is certain for all of us one day but I don't want to go through water, when I tell people I don't go closed to water, not even swimming pool, they say am a water pikin or ogbanje, I usually agree with my full chest. I dread any large body of water more than anything in this world.

May God rest his soul and help his young family in this difficult time.

6 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by blaise26abj(m): 8:33am On Apr 11
VaginaAcademic:
They should arrest the production team for not providing safety jackets for the actors

If your boss tells you to jump out of a plane without parachute , will you do it ? Nigerians need to start putting value to their own lives .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Omoluabi16(m): 8:34am On Apr 11
blaise26abj:
RIP to the dead .

I think it is lack of value for life and lackadaisical attitude of Nigerians that caused this avoidable death.

1. Why would people who cannot swim , enter a boat without life jackets ? Even people who can swim can drown . It means you really don’t care about your life or that of the kids you so much want to raise.

2. Why would the government allow such boats to carry people without life jackets .

3. After rescuing him , why did no one deem it fit to resuscitate him ? CPR is not rocket science . It will take you the same amount of data to watch a woman twerk to watch videos that teaches CPR. In fact after rescuing him , you can quickly watch one and do it instead of filming the tragedy .

4. Why was he taken straight to the mortuary? Like seriously ? Lack of education is expensive ! It has cost that man his life !

5. Because there is no regard or value for human life , this WILL happen again .

May God be with the family .
How many people even know what CPR is? I think CPR and basic survival tips should be taught across all institutions from basic school. We are honestly light years behind those first world guys.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by udemzyudex(m): 8:34am On Apr 11
Some Nigerians don already dey attack mohbad papa.

Smh
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by VIKTO83(m): 8:35am On Apr 11
Probably he/they thought he was a good swimmer...reason they took no safety. How can even a fish go to d river without its gills and fins? How can human go to d river without life jacket? That's carelessness to d highest order.
I remember Ferring from Portharcourt to Bonny Island those years and everyone must get a life jacket...not because there are no good swimmers but because safety first and its enforced. When I knew d usefulness and importance was the day my uncle was involved in boat mishap, the life jacked kept him afloat till help came.
We shouldn't form hard man because we can swim in d swimming pools....the river is a different world and has different govt.
Again d boat drivers are the culprit in this...they were catching cruise on d sea with overspending and sweeving hence they collided with each other leading to the accident. Imagine the corpse of d little boy they brought out too...
Rip to d dead but we must take safety seriously in this part of the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Neddyogu(m): 8:37am On Apr 11
GreatVocalist:

It's pretty simple. They didn't know.

Ok.
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Lanruze: 8:37am On Apr 11
Armaggedon:
Those calling it prank, what do they have to say?

RIP to him.

You need to have heard MC Mbakara's post yesterday on FB talking as if he was in the production crew and insisted that Jnr Pope was just pranking Nigerians. He also said if it's the new trend, that he should stop it.

Imagine the degree if insensitivity from a so called skit-maker. MC Mbakaras temerity and audacity as a public figure to say such an insensitive statement MUST be repremainded.

His FB page must be brought down. His skits are so tactless and very dry don't know what he thinks he is ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by openmine(m): 8:38am On Apr 11
This shows that the very moment Pope and others were taken out of the water,there was a 45-50% of him coming out alive if there was an immediate medical unit available to administer CPR and then instantly rush him to a nearby clinic!

Unfortunately,the culture of abandoning health and safety has been our own undoing!

Most riverine areas in Nigerian states hardly adhere to safety rules by making it mandatory for travellers to wear a life jacket!

Our overall record of health,safety and environment has been terrible!

Too bad for Pope....Nigeria really happened to him!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by blaise26abj(m): 8:38am On Apr 11
Omoluabi16:
How many people even know what CPR is? I think CPR and basic survival tips should be taught across all institutions from basic school. We are honestly light years behind those first world guys.

Very True. never in the history of the world has people had this kind of access to information . From a phone o! You can watch a 5 minutes video on YouTube to quickly learn CPR. When I had my first kid , I watched enough videos on what to do when a child is choking . It is sad how people would rather film a tragedy to post online than quickly gather information that can save life .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by psalmz(m): 8:39am On Apr 11
Chekwume16:
Forget all these things they say in social media. That guy was dead before they got onshore. You could see his hands raised and stiff when he was laid beside the river. I wonder how he took the risk of doing a boat ride without a life jacket knowing how much his family meant to him
honestly i was thinking in the same direction, no life jacket in this modern day n age

2 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by musicwriter(m): 8:42am On Apr 11
Wawelexy:

There's no such thing as God gave him a second chance to repent. If he was a nice person, he'll proceed higher in the natural scheme of existence- what religion calls angels. If he wasn't, he'll be recycled back to the earth as human or even lower than human.

That's what happens after the so called death. The whole of your life time is to choose your level- high, higher or stagnant

He's not dead

2 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Emmanuel30a2: 8:44am On Apr 11
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by Emmanuel30a2: 8:46am On Apr 11
Mummyfour:
All through the night I was hoping this guy would survive it. I just got the shock of my life hearing he passed after I had seen videos of people rejoicing he pulled through. This is very pathetic. This happy go lucky guy. And an only child of his parents for that matter. In the video when he was on the river, he was even begging the ferry guy to be careful because he was an only child and would be the one to raise his 3 boys. My heart is broken
Cmon sharap!
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by DeGods007(m): 8:46am On Apr 11
Mummyfour:

And the foolish boy was just there shinning his teeth cry cry

I'll never allow someone joke with my life
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by efemena5050(m): 8:48am On Apr 11
ignis:
I hope proper investigation is done.
which investigation again abi u just want sound intelligent or wat .....person enter boat him no wear life jacket...from the videos posted on nairaland he knew that the boat was not ok and he was taking unintended risk ....the captain of the boat was another idiot bcus the actor was calling him to order to reduce the speed ....but social media no fit let the driverof the boat and including himself reason ....now wetin u wan investigate.......

6 Likes

Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by nyabinghi(m): 8:49am On Apr 11
Wawelexy:
Shut up, which lord
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by ASAPFERG: 8:51am On Apr 11
Rest in piss jnr poop grin grin grin
Re: Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms by ojonx(m): 8:52am On Apr 11
This is so sad.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Comedian AY And His Wife, Mabel At AMVCA 2016 / Kemi Olunloyo Converts To Islam - Fans React (Photos) / Throwback Picture Of Lola Omotayo In 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.