Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku (16915 Views)

Again, Atiku Asks Tinubu To Reveal Full Cost Of Lagos-calabar Highway Project / Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project / Sanwo-Olu: We Will Deliver 6-Lane Lekki-Epe Highway Project 1st Quarter 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by verifiablefacts: 12:03pm On Apr 12
Kukutenla:

Good one by Atiku and his team.
I'm sure he was able to expose this rot due to his knowledge of Tinubu as a man who enjoys shady dealings.

Umahi ought to be ashamed of himself. He's fast turning out to be the Amaechi of this administration.

It's obvious Atiku is playing very vibrant opposition on this matter. The project is shrouded in corruption and what is more shocking is the claim that the project will take 8 years (a total lifespan of a possible two- term Tinubu presidency) to complete. Anyone can easily see that it's a lie and there's a huge possibility the project will be used to settle friends and cronies and then handed over to a northern govt who will waste no time in abandoning it just like the Kano to Abuja road and the Maradi rail has been abandoned since this new administration took over

I was enjoying and agreeing with your comment but the moment you mentioned 'hand over to a northern government ',I left.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by pseudaria: 12:04pm On Apr 12
soil4soil:
But all the construction from South West to Adamawa is fraud or waste.

A vice president that thinks like kindergarten

Some one that wants to be president thinking like a baby

Look at the foolishness in your reasoning. How can a road project cost more than the entire 36 states annual budget. Chagoury HITECH that can barely repair apapa-tin can road was awarded the contract when Julius berger and ccecc are there. Appropriation bill was pegged at 500m initial release for the project but over 1trn has been released dubiously yet a fool like you is still typing foolishly instead of just admitting the entire project is a scam and a conduit pipe to embezzle recklessly. There would be no road but they will keep lying that the road is under construction while trillions will keep vanishing. Stupid bigoted race of morons who should be recolonised

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Timmi: 12:24pm On Apr 12
[quote author=iwaeda post=129390518][/quote]

See who is talking - Atikuthief, the fraud master himself. I didn’t say it o, it’s all written and documented in Obasanjo’s book.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by endi4real: 12:24pm On Apr 12
Juliusganduje:
A big shame on you. Atiku, a man that is already made for life is defending your future, but all you could come up with is to insult him. If you are above 20 and still reason like this, then you are beyond redemption.

He's beyond 20 of course, he's even beyond 30..he's a congenital idiot, that's all..sad.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by KIDfurniture(m): 12:24pm On Apr 12
High way to fraud made my day

[quote author=iwaeda post=129390518][/quote]
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Gapsy101(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12
Becos the road no go Kano abi
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by broadman20: 12:33pm On Apr 12
jkpbestseries:
Dubai Presido

How I wish you could read the statement and maybe you may understand what is happening but how can you?

Most of you are just better seen as a programmed robot, you don't have the mind of your own.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by WizardOfNG: 12:33pm On Apr 12
professorPABX:

Atiku is a FRAUD and you are one of his accomplices. I think Prof Pat Utomi can see what is happening. When I left nairaland (babaolofin) I promised never to return but some people forcibly brought me here during Presidential yacht misinformation and later on this project because of Senator Ningi's allegation. I observed Prof Pat Utomi joined in the budget padding discussion which Obidient people started rather than faced the crux of the matter raised by Ningi. I had said Prof Pat Utomi as an intellectual ought to know that Ningi's allegation is mainly because of the Lagos Calabar Highway Project announced by Umahi and the release of FG Counterpart funding for the first section of the project. I think everybody can now see the crux of the matter.

Senator Ningi listed major projects in the North which he said are abandoned and never mentioned any project in the South (Southwest and South South) .

You have also brought the same accusations though yours is not elaborate you only mentioned Maradi railroad and Abuja Kano highway projects. I will remind you that Lagos Ibadan expressway is less than 150km and Tinubu government in less than one year through David Umahi has been everywhere on projects despite a bastardized economy he inherited. More importantly, you said Tinubu cannot finish the road and any Northern government will abandon it. Is that not how Yaradua killed OLOKOLA LNG project started by OBJ?

The main thing is that Atiku believes he owns Nigeria with his co-travellers. Atiku fought OBJ as a VP. Jonathan and Osinbajo were just like errand boys to their principals. I will stop on this for now.

Why didn't he invite Amaechi to come and defend Rail project to Maradi? He should have invited Kyari to come and defend Ajaokuta Kaduna Kano pipeline project. Billions of dollars spent to prospect for oil in the North for 4 decades should be probed by Atiku. The 16 years of Atiku's INTEL Logistics deals at the Seaports during Obasanjo and Yaradua Jonathan government should also be probed . Atiku never played opposition when Nigeria was being impoverished with dubious Maritime deals, Petroleum (oilfields and crude oil) deals, Defence and Security Contracts deals because they own Nigeria. It is their birthright.

Yaradua Jonathan did not save one Kobo as president and spent estimated $25 billion dollars out of the money ($60 billion) Obj left . OBJ met $5.5 billion in the reserve as at May 29, 1999 and left $60 billion in 2007 after paying debt. Jonathan still borrowed. Everything was looted. Atiku never said anything. Less than one year Tinubu government cleared a forex backlog of 7 billion dollars.

Where was Atiku during Buhari government? I remembered he played opposition by being the father of the bride during Buhari's daughter wedding. It is now very clear when IBB said he was threatened not to handover to ABIOLA.

Gid bless you baba. Exactly what I have been saying here to ignorant and self-destructive Nigerians, especially Igbos, but delivered by you with sublime knowlege of definitive details and intellectual panache.

Atiku took a sabbatical in Dubai for the entire 8 years Buhari was President but he is here to stay, with a vengeance, against the 11 months old Tinubu Presidency.

The way Atiku sponsored gullible and egotistical elements like Hundeyin and co to dig dirt on his so-callef friend Tinubu, who has saved him politically several time, shows he is beholden to ethnicity, Islam and the North above human decency, friendship, loyalty and even progressive ideals.

We can remember this same Atiku, dragging Tinubu incessantly from the beginning of his Presidency, simply allowed Buhari to 'bow and go' for 8 years.

Even when Fulani herdsmen were raping, killing and destroying livelihood under Buhari, far beyond the borders of the North, Atiku said nothing.

He is vocal now about a highway that is a lifeless thing yet could not speak up for the many thousands of living and breathing humans Buhari's deliberate misrule sent to early graves.

Atiku is indeed a fraud. The South will continue to myopically consume her own children and dance to the tune of the machiavellian, entitles and imperialistically arrogant North. It is the reason Yorubas are demanding out of 'one Nigeria' for regjonal autonomy.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Krankhead: 12:38pm On Apr 12
Foolish man. Electricity project that happened during his regime . Where is the electricity now. $16m in 1999. He stole the money and broghMikanoNigeria
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Krankhead: 12:47pm On Apr 12
Juliusganduje:
A big shame on you. Atiku, a man that is already made for life is defending your future, but all you could come up with is to insult him. If you are above 20 and still reason like this, then you are beyond redemption.
Atiku os not defending anything. Where was Atiku when they awarded contract worth billions of dollars for o exploration in the North and up.till.no2 no single deop.of oil. Why didn't he ask questions. He will.never be president of Nigeria
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Scarcity234: 12:49pm On Apr 12
Juliusganduje:
That's what their lot is made of.
Unintelligent, sentimental, tribalistic and dumb.

Someone is actively exposing a fraud to protect you and your future and all he could come up with is this foolish comment.

Shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by WizardOfNG: 12:57pm On Apr 12
Krankhead:
Atiku os not defending anything. Where was Atiku when they awarded contract worth billions of dollars for o exploration in the North and up.till.no2 no single deop.of oil. Why didn't he ask questions. He will.never be president of Nigeria

Correct bro, where was Atiku when Tinubu was the only senior Nigerian statesman able to bravely declare, in 2021, that open grazing is no longer tenable because it was a convenient avenue being used by partisanly-empowered Fulanis , from all across Africa, to kill folks in the South and middlebelt plus devastatingly retrench their livelihood.

I want Southern defenders of Atiku to show his response when Tinubu stated below that open grazing is no longer tenable while Buhari continued to insist "no going back on grazing routes".

If the South is full of knowledgeable, progressive, growth-focused and dispassionately logical folks, should Atiku even have a single supporter from the region?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thewhistler.ng/convert-unused-public-land-into-ranches-to-resolve-herdsmen-farmers-crisis-tinubu/amp/

Convert Unused Public Land Into Ranches To Resolve Herdsmen, Farmers Crisis- Tinubu
NIGERIA POLITICS
By Olufemi Makinde On Mar 14, 2021

Tinubu, who is believed to be seeking to contest the 2023 presidential election, said these in a statement on Saturday.

According to him open grazing is no longer tenable and he suggested that herdsmen should be assisted to transit to modern method of doing their business to increase their profits and to boost food production in the country.

If followed, Tinubu said, the suggestion would also address the problem of killing and destruction of property which had been on the increase in the recent times.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by pseudaria: 1:01pm On Apr 12
NinjaMetahuman:
Out of all pdp can attack FG with, they are going after development that everyone wants.

They now wonder why they are useless and no one is willing to trust them with power again.

Shut your fucking mouth. Who wants a project that we all know will never be completed in 50yrs but just a conduit pipe for druggie and his cocaine dealing partner to siphone funds. Fucking neanderthals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by BJanta: 1:04pm On Apr 12
lexy2014:

but how does that negate all that he said?

No matter how much they stole , it will leave a u ifhing a d lasting heritage for us southerners. Then must they do a project to steal ? Is the money not in their hands to s without so much a squeak? Now as they steal, they're a gi ing us an edifice. Has Atiku himsf źetex bis PÞXFlot?
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by lexy2014: 1:05pm On Apr 12
BJanta:

No matter how much they stole , it will leave a u ifhing a d lasting heritage for us southerners. Then must they do a project to steal ? Is the money not in their hands to s without so much a squeak? Now as they steal, they're a gi ing us an edifice. Has Atiku himsf źetex bis PÞXFlot?

how does that negate all that he said?
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by WizardOfNG: 1:07pm On Apr 12
Scarcity234:

That's what their lot is made of.
Unintelligent, sentimental, tribalistic and dumb.

Someone is actively exposing a fraud to protect you and your future and all he could come up with is this foolish comment.

Shame

You are the one who should feel shame because you lack civility and exposure to the advanced society where there is a hierarchy of engagement that places sanctity of human lives above everything else.

When has fraud equalled the needless killings of thousands of Nigerians Atiku kept quiet about under Buhari over several years yet he has turned into a masterful Sherlock Holmes for the entire of Tinubu's11 months old presidency ?

You guys are too hateful to see the point of others which is that at no stage in his several decades long political career was Atiku ever on the side of ordinary Nigerians for any sane person, aware of his history, to then crown him a hero of good governance today.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by sokera: 1:07pm On Apr 12
blamingthedevil:
This project pained Atiku very well...SPV
because the project is from south-west to South-south region … only a smart person will understand why that project is important… 1 the 2 financial region of Nigeria will enjoy their money for the first time, 2) the road is going to be a food supply route between south-south and south west to the international market while avoiding the kidnappers route,3) politically Tinubu has cement the political Allies between south/south and south/west which could benefit both region when Nigeria finally break away(this point was the same Buhari did when he use Nigeria money to build train to Niger 🇳🇪 ) . Finally Nigeria will break up and Yoruba land and only south /south will be friends by trade others can go to hell …
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Yorubaponu: 1:13pm On Apr 12
9jatriot:
Atiku's opposition is actually more sensible. He puts some research into it unlike lamba king that seems to work alone so that he tweets without putting things in context.
That’s why I keep telling people that we Yoruba is the problem of Nigeria .

God bless Atiku and we Yoruba that always speak the true
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Yorubaponu: 1:15pm On Apr 12
sokera:
because the project is from south-west to South-south region … only a smart person will understand why that project is important… 1 the 2 financial region of Nigeria will enjoy their money for the first time, 2) the road is going to be a food supply route between south-south and south west to the international market while avoiding the kidnappers route,3) politically Tinubu has cement the political Allies between south/south and south/west which could benefit both region when Nigeria finally break away(this point was the same Buhari did when he use Nigeria money to build train to Niger 🇳🇪 ) . Finally Nigeria will break up and Yoruba land and only south /south will be friends by trade others can go to hell …

Yes We Yoruba want to claim South South people and they can pay Tax to us every month from their APC governor. We are going to have Union of everything just like South West
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Yorubaponu: 1:18pm On Apr 12
Gboom:

It seems you are o sa l'Aro
What are you even saying
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Yorubaponu: 1:20pm On Apr 12
LifeofDream:

You're not proud of your heritage, you just have to claim Yoruba to perpetuate your evil intention...

Omo Igbo wetin Yoruba do you?.. cheesy
Mind you , I’m not what you claim , I know the true is bitter . I have a lot of Igbo friend here and I do buy from them , I like saying the true
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Dchampion65: 1:31pm On Apr 12
Kukutenla:

What is the relationship between this and the points he raised?

Only the thief knows how to trace the footsteps of another thief.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Obainomilano: 1:33pm On Apr 12
vowiski:
4 billion naira per kilometer,,, cheesy

This is even without costing the rail part of the project.

No wonder Umahi left the senate…

Is it the same Nigeria government that has not been able to fix lokoja - Auchi - Benin road for 20 years? People hailing Tinubu for a road that will never go past Lagos.

If Tinubu was sincere, He would have started this Project from Calabar or started from both sides.. 22km in Lagos . 22km in Calabar.

Nigerians are just something else, too emotional and religious.

We suspend our thinking most times..
the average Nigerian doesn't know anything about governance or the responsibility of government beyond giving them stipends during campaign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by sokera: 1:33pm On Apr 12
Yorubaponu:

Yes We Yoruba want to claim South South people and they can pay Tax to us every month from their APC governor. We are going to have Union of everything just like South West
Yoruba don’t claim what doesnt belongs to us, we know those that do that and they know their self … like I said we will only form political and economy bond with south-south … lastly can you mention any state in Nigeria that does not have union ?
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Kukutenla: 2:30pm On Apr 12
Dchampion65:

Only the thief knows how to trace the footsteps of another thief.
Oh good
So why support one thief over the other instead of worrying about the property being stolen
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Scarcity234: 2:33pm On Apr 12
WizardOfNG:

You are the one who should feel shame because you lack civility and exposure to the advanced society where there is a hierarchy of engagement that places sanctity of human lives above everything else.

When has fraud equalled the needless killings of thousands of Nigerians Atiku kept quiet about under Buhari over several years yet he has turned into a masterful Sherlock Holmes for the entire of Tinubu's11 months old presidency ?

You guys are too hateful to see the point of others which is that at no stage in his several decades long political career was Atiku ever on the side of ordinary Nigerians for any sane person, aware of his history, to then crown him a hero of good governance today.

Tinubu may be wrong in many things but when he gets anything right, I will praise and support him for the right done. It doesn't make me perfect for I have my flaws.

But will I allow these flaws to stop me from saying the truth or criticize what ought to be criticised? When he errs as he has been doing from his inauguration, he will be criticised.

Atiku has his flaws, and so are you.. he chose his battle and you chose yours. It's all to make Nigeria good right? I as well chose to attack you like you did to him. We all may seem to have same intention but you're a hypocrite.

Trying to shift attention to the insecurities and killings in the country which isn't restrained to any region in a bid to add weight to your argument and feel justified is nothing but a mental game.

And again, in order to play down the failures of Tinubu, you tried to say 11 month is small for him to be judged with? Same song that you guys sang during Buhari and we all know how it ended and you've continued the trend cos you you're what?

It's time to talk about the fraud and if you are waiting for Atiku to talk about the killings before something will be done about it, the you're nothing but a failure who thinks he needs a nudge from a competitor to do his duty.

A lot of people have already lend their voice to the killings, Atiku must not talk about it before Tinubu act on it...

To add to it, Didn't Tinubu keep quiet under Buhari when these killings were happening?
Did Tinubu ever speak against Buhari?
Suddenly, Atiku is now the evil while Tinubu and Buhari who used these killings against Jonathan, did nothing about it during their time who are also the people who dragged Atiku to their team before in 2015 are now saints?

You're a hypocrite!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by PHAYOL81: 2:33pm On Apr 12
Hmmmmm! Atiku of Dubai has spoken. What next?
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by villagereporter(m): 3:10pm On Apr 12
Juliusganduje:

Bro, dat guy is a disgrace to his unborn generation. They will soon come for his head.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Litmus: 3:10pm On Apr 12
Just the following thought alone: "train from Nigeria to Niger Republic", is a crime. Costal road from Lagos to Calaba is at least pleasing. Let's hope fears of fraud prove unfounded.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by frog12: 3:15pm On Apr 12
now I am beginning to suspect ATIKU's actual intentions shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Mrexcell(m): 3:18pm On Apr 12
I don't think a reputable company like Julius Berger will charge 50% of that amount the contract is no doubt a means to loot the treasury. I never expected anything less from the drug lord.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It’s Sad Nigeria Is Being Run On Old Ideas — Iyabo Obasanjo / Jumbo Pay: Why Senators Left Shehu Sani Unpunished / Sowore: Ortom Is A Joker, An Opportunist Who Used Fulanis To Fool Many People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.