Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,221 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

I Need Y'all Opinions Please. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Y'all Opinions Please. (580 Views)

Please I Need Y'all Advise. / I'm trying not to be a Simp. Please I Need Y'all Advice! / Does It Really Count? Pls I Need Y'all Opinions Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 11:41am On Apr 12
I will be turning 26 by May next month....I feel working in a hotel as a cashier is not paying me enough, because of the meagre salary that I was been paid.... although the hotel doesn't sell that much and it is a one man business.

Now the issue is this, I was offered accomodation in the hotel and sometimes, because I tend to go out and write exams and assessment centre for some of the entry level position that I want to opt in for in Lagos, making me to spend sometimes at most 6k to and fro for those exams and assessment. I can be able to save any penny or Kobo.

My uncle that I'm currently living with before I got this Job(hotel work) is not happy with me, because he is always complaining of me not coming back home to his house atleast to sleep over and see them..... infact, he is saying that the work is not good for me....salary is a little bit 40k.... let's just say 50k total....he said that i should resign and come back home....I told him that I'm currently applying and looking out for more entry level roles or better opportunities that will suit and pay me as a graduate but he is not aligning with me. He is telling me to come back home and if I did not get any job, I should join him in his business.....that he will be paying me 2k on a daily basis.....yes, that's a nice offer but I started considering transport from his shop to his house which will almost cost me 1600 on a daily basis.....

Normally, as a vibrant and young guy, I always like been independent, hustling and trying to find my own feet without stressing or depending on someone but my uncle is not seeing it like that....he is always saying that since I came to Lagos, have not achieved anything and I'm busy chasing shadows saying that I'm working....which kind of work is that? Infact going to the extent of telling my parents in Owerri that I'm sluggish, that's why I have not gotten a job......

Like this, I'm really confused....my mom is telling me to still hold on this work...while dey try to see if they will work out something for me from their own end... Because of my age, I'm only keen on applying for entry level roles and the last one I thought, I would have gotten with a painting and coating company, I was ghosted after the final interview with the management team.

Right now, I'm just distablized.....I can't continue working in a hotel earning this low amount of money.....
I'm just trying to find a way out....if I resign now and go back home, what will I be doing? They might turn me to boi boi....u know human beings....

I'm just scared of the unknown.

Please all opinions will be welcomed here.
I will be 26 by May...soon.

My plan is to save up and get a phone but at the end of the day, nothing, I mean absolutely nothing.....

Life of a second class 2:1 gradute of biological science no suppose hard like this....
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Sonnobax15(m): 11:44am On Apr 12
lipsrsealed
Your uncle who knows the in-and-out of Lagos is telling you you're chasing shadows, instead of you to listen to him,you run come online to come seek validation from us wey be total strangers.....

If you really wish and hope to live big,then you must Put it at the back of your mind that must first of all start small today......

2 Likes

Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Onuimo1(m): 11:51am On Apr 12
Is your uncle an artisan? What kind of business does he do? If he's into buying and selling, don't follow him. Kindly tell him you're working out other things yourself that your current job is not your final destination.
But if he's into a kind of handiwork that you can master and within some months depending on your level of concentration you'll master it and become a boss of your own give it a consideration.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:00pm On Apr 12
According to your analysis here, you said your uncle will be giving you 2k per day and your transport fare to his shop is 1600 what is now left for you if you use 1600 out of 2k, or he will be giving you transport fare apart from the 2k
If your answer is No, better stay with the hotel job with free accommodation till you see better offer.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Frigga13: 12:02pm On Apr 12
If your uncle is an Igbo business man and doing visible well..

Join him..

He will put you through.. is just time.

But .. you mom.. she’s knows him more.

Again if he don’t have grown up kids.. join him in his business.. he will teach you the secret of that business .
Loyalty matters a lot.. don’t disappoint him .. if you become successful under him

You’re being paid okay.. however use your young age to your advantage
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by TUANKU(m): 12:06pm On Apr 12
For now i will advise you take up your uncle's offer while you seek for something better.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 4:06pm On Apr 12
I started small bro....my first time in lagos after Nysc....my work was as a contract staff with frigo glass.... I left it for a cashier position with a supermarket and now as an account clerk in a hotel.....but I don't want to end small BOSS, I want to climb up the ladder that's why I started applying for entry level roles with top organizations in Nigeria.....my uncle is into buying and selling....and into haulage too, he said I should come and stay in the park amd be helping his boys in offloading and other things.... don't you think I might be affected on the long run by such work? So it's not about knowing in and out of Lagos....he is only concerned about his biz and wants me to help him while looking for something better. I asked here because I believe there are more experienced people or graduates that have passed through this phase of my life that I'm currently in now. Thank you
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
You uncle who knows the in-and-out of Lagos is telling you you're chasing shadows, instead of you to listen to him,you run come online to come seek validation from us wey be total strangers.....

If you really wish and hope to live big,then you must Put it at the back of your mind that must first of all start small today......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 4:08pm On Apr 12
No sir, he is into buying and selling of electrical materials and into haulage too.
Onuimo1:
Is your uncle an artisan? What kind of business does he do? If he's into buying and selling, don't follow him. Kindly tell him you're working out other things yourself that your current job is not your final destination.
But if he's into a kind of handiwork that you can master and within some months depending on your level of concentration you'll master it and become a boss of your own give it a consideration.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Sonnobax15(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12
Nedum001:
I started small bro....my first time in lagos after Nysc....my work was as a contract staff with frigo glass.... I left it for a cashier position with a supermarket and now as an account clerk in a hotel.....but I don't want to end small BOSS, I want to climb up the ladder that's why I started applying for entry level roles with top organizations in Nigeria.....my uncle is into buying and selling....and into haulage too, he said I should come and stay in the park amd be helping his boys in offloading and other things.... don't you think I might be affected on the long run by such work? So it's not about knowing in and out of Lagos....he is only concerned about his biz and wants me to help him while looking for something better. I asked here because I believe there are more experienced people or graduates that have passed through this phase of my life that I'm currently in now. Thank you
stay calm bruh...this particular phase will definitely pass.... Just believe and keep pushing on..

Don't relent..
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12
Holluwhakemmy:
According to your analysis here, you said your uncle will be giving you 2k per day and your transport fare to his shop is 1600 what is now left for you if you use 1600 out of 2k, or he will be giving you transport fare apart from the 2k
If your answer is No, better stay with the hotel job with free accommodation till you see better offer.
2k per day.....as he said. No formal or written agreement. Just orally concluded.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 4:12pm On Apr 12
Frigga13:
If your uncle is an Igbo business man and doing visible well..

Join him..

He will put you through.. is just time.

But .. you mom.. she’s knows him more.

Again if he don’t have grown up kids.. join him in his business.. he will teach you the secret of that business .
Loyalty matters a lot.. don’t disappoint him .. if you become successful under him

You’re being paid okay.. however use your young age to your advantage

We are Igbos nah....he has one grown up girl though and a small boy. Honestly, I have concluded on joining him this month not until when my Dad and mom called me and told me not to resign yet..... because of some certain remarks my uncle said or made about me....like been too sluggish to get a good work....just something like that.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 4:14pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:
For now i will advise you take up your uncle's offer while you seek for something better.

Do you think it will be feasible?
Well, I'm planning on visiting him this weekend though to see how this play out?
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 4:16pm On Apr 12
Sonnobax15:
stay calm bruh...this particular phase will definitely pass.... Just believe and keep pushing on..

Don't relent..
I don push tire....last month, I was been ghosted by an organization for a management trainee position that I reached the final stage....up till now...no rejection mail...it is well.

I wish I fit see where to borrow money and japa, I for don do am
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by abba190: 4:17pm On Apr 12
Op u are ungrateful i am 30year old. I am jobless infact i never get job, im always suffering.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by TUANKU(m): 4:18pm On Apr 12
Nedum001:

Do you think it will be feasible?
Well, I'm planning on visiting him this weekend though to see how this play out?
Yes, i think it will be.
With your uncle you have a guaranteed income (no matter how small), feeding and accommodation...with these 3 things just assume you're starting on a clean slate and hustle up from there. With your age i would advice you learn a skill, we are in the age of knowledge skill. Thanks.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by abba190: 4:25pm On Apr 12
Op pls join me with your uncle i want to work with him pls help me.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 4:28pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

Yes, i think it will be.
With your uncle you have a guaranteed income (no matter how small), feeding and accommodation...with these 3 things just assume you're starting on a clean slate and hustle up from there. With your age i would advice you learn a skill, we are in the age of knowledge skill. Thanks.
I'm in digital marketing....took some course on it.... Facebook marketing....just that I'm saving heaviyyo get either a good phone or a second hand laptop that will enable me to practice what I have been learning on Udemy and YouTube
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by TUANKU(m): 4:30pm On Apr 12
Nedum001:
I'm in digital marketing....took some course on it.... Facebook marketing....just that I'm saving heaviyyo get either a good phone or a second hand laptop that will enable me to practice what I have been learning on Udemy and YouTube
That's nice,just keep it up.
Your best days are ahead.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 4:42pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

That's nice,just keep it up.
Your best days are ahead.
Thank you BOSS

1 Like

Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 4:44pm On Apr 12
abba190:
Op u are ungrateful i am 30year old. I am jobless infact i never get job, im always suffering.
I'm ungrateful.....how?

You are always suffering..... is that what makes me ungrateful because I don't understand?
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by abba190: 4:57pm On Apr 12
Nedum001:
I'm ungrateful.....how?

You are always suffering..... is that what makes me ungrateful because I don't understand?

forget about it. Just join me with your uncle please i really need a job
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 5:13pm On Apr 12
abba190:
forget about it. Just join me with your uncle please i really need a job
if you can work as a waiter or barman....the hotel I work in is currently looking out for staffs....pay is 30k

Location is Bucknor Estate, jakande gate

Lagos State.
Come with your guarantor
Accomodation and small meal per day is given
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12
Please, 🙏 someone should help me call the moderators so that this will be pushed to the front page
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by NPFLADMIN(m): 5:37pm On Apr 12
It is well.
Only God knows how the younger generation will survive in this our Nigeria
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by abba190: 5:49pm On Apr 12
Nedum001:
if you can work as a waiter or barman....the hotel I work in is currently looking out for staffs....pay is 30k

Location is Bucknor Estate, jakande gate

Lagos State.
Come with your guarantor
Accomodation and small meal per day is given
thanks for the offer. I would take it if i happen to live in lagos
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Onuimo1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 12
[quote author=Nedum001 post=129402370]No sir, he is into buying and selling of electrical materials and into haulage too.[/quote

Concentrate on your job. Give him reasons that you're working on yourself to improve. That his business is what you can easily start if you have money. If he insists that you must come back home leave his place and take the accomodation you're given. But in all these you must be a focused person to come out victorious.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Mom007(f): 10:22pm On Apr 12
That uncle doesn't mean well for you. As a young man, you need to be out in the world, fending for yourself. Buy a bottle of wine and take to him. Thank him for his assistance and support all this time but explain to him that its time you try to stand on your own feet. Then off you go and keep seeking God's favor and purpose for your life.
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 11:02pm On Apr 12
[quote author=Onuimo1 post=129407161][/quote] Thank you BOSS
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by Nedum001(m): 11:05pm On Apr 12
Mom007:
That uncle doesn't mean well for you. As a young man, you need to be out in the world, fending for yourself. Buy a bottle of wine and take to him. Thank him for his assistance and support all this time but explain to him that its time you try to stand on your own feet. Then off you go and keep seeking God's favor and purpose for your life.
Well appreciated.....thank you for your opinion
Re: I Need Y'all Opinions Please. by vincenteger: 7:30am On Apr 13
From your write up
You are from the east.

My advice is for you to join him in the business.
He'll definitely see to your transportations from time to time.
You should forget about white collar job and see how you can learn business from your uncle, forget about wat you stand to gain now, just try and put your mind in the business. Don't worry about your age as well.

I did same after my schooling, learnt business from a snr brother of mine and today, I'm no longer there but doing that same business I learnt.

It's never too late. Forget the age my dear.
Bear in mind that it won't be easy staying with your uncle in the shop, becos you'll see alot of negative remarks.

Think of the future and not the present
Suffer now and enjoy tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Another Lecturer Caught On Camera Harassing Female Student In His Office (VIDEO) / Do I Quit This Relationship? Pls Advice Me / My Fellow Nairalanders ''matters Arisingggg'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.