Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) (42216 Views)

Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / House Of Reps Wants New Number Plate Project Halted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by dagboss(m): 10:07am On Nov 29, 2011
Sorry for replying late, it included everything nothing left.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Ibracyber(m): 10:46am On Nov 30, 2011
But it beutify it and even looks more matured like yankee,s own
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by sdbaba: 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2011
Just to give you latest about this:

Oga FRSC is now lying that he didnt know they asked him to stop the implementation, na wa o! Wetin we no go see for this country?

Reps lambast FRSC over new number plate: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/30/national-30-11-2011-008.html

Responding, Chidoka said he was yet to receive any direct communication from the National Assembly on the resolution of the House and that this was the reason the commission had not been able to comply.
He was also accused of deliberately delaying in submitting the document requested from him by the committee, but he replied that he got the summons of the House very late.

Chidoka was put to task over a purported statement he made that the National Assembly could not stop the FRSC from going ahead with the implementation of the new policy.
He, however, denied the statement credited to him, saying that he must have been misrepresented in the report.
Before the technical session was suspended, he had reported that a minimum of N192 billion is to be generated from the issuance of the new driver’s license and number plates in the next one year

Hmmnnnn
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by dagboss(m): 9:20am On Dec 01, 2011
@sdbaba

Before the technical session was suspended, he had reported that a minimum of [size=8pt[i]]N192 billion[/i][/size] is to be generated from the issuance of the new driver’s license and number plates in the next one year

Hmmnnnn   Huh   Huh   Huh

Bolded mine. That is the main reason why they put it on hold. They can not imagine that such huge money will pass bye without them having their own share. Its like you have much faith in them, if you have a new vehicle you need to take out do not risk riding it without plate numbers. Do not be suprised that at the end of the day you may still pay the same amount or a little reduction after Alagba Chidoka would have played "ball" Many of them are yet to repay their loans and those that sold their real properties need to replace them se you know?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by tunjiano: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2011
This number plate is rubbish let them cancel it.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by makonko(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2011
@Inspired, can you get me a Lagos plate number?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by topeorekoy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ Makonko,

i can get u one. i have an insider there who can get u one
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by adasco: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2011
i can get you the new plate number for lagos state call 07080955187 for appointment.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by makonko(m): 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
Thanks guys, i've already gotten one.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by gabrieli(m): 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2011
dear all,

Please, has any existing car owner get his old number plate replaced, it seems the issueing agencies are only interested in isueing to new car owners because of more profit

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by princedant: 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2011
hi guys, pls i need to change my number plate from old to new, anyone has an idea of how much it will cost?, just the plate only lagos number, my vehicle papers are all intact, kindly drop me ur contact
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by adasco: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2011
you can call me in respect of the new plate number collection,my contact is 07080955187.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by vitodorado: 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2011
Please would want to know if one with an old Lagos number can change to an Abuja Number for the new number plate. How much does it also cost?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by dagboss(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
Guys, be aware that the position of the Lagos Govt is that they want to concentrate on issuing new plate numbers for now so those that want to change their old plate numbers to new ones should wait a while. I ran into a radio program where the Commissioner in charge of of transport was made to clarify this. I am not a Lagos Govt spokes man please.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by mrinsurer: 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2011
Get authentic and affordable comprehensive/third party car insurance online.
Stop patronizing touts and paying money for papers that comes without legal value.
For details contact :
Email: risk.advisor.ng@gmail.com
Tel: 08188576779
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by adasco: 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
In case you need the Lagos state new plate number I will do it for you at a reasonable price and within one day.Call 07080955187 for details.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by zaraman(m): 10:05am On Apr 28, 2012
how true is the issue of being tax by lagos state lot of money when registering a car in lagos
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by anefbron(m): 7:16am On Aug 01, 2012
With all of these things happening, we are not going anywhere other than the govt. using the masses on its needs. And the masses are so fucking too lenient, dumb and quite not to be able to have a turn around on whats wrong in the country. Everybody does his/her things individually, so they can't come together to have a say in the govt. as well. Imagine registration of motorcycle in the country goes far to N10,000. And in Lagos State, its a total madness. Can someone answer me on how much is the approved processing fee from the govt.?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by rapheal513: 3:47am On Oct 04, 2012
First of all i think its a great idea that this will be happening in Nigerian system now, if people will actually let it happen, because most people will blame government for everything but we as human being gaan sef as a Nigerian, what have we done or what are we doing to assist the government naturally it doest have to be that we go and knock at the government door to say "hi, i wanna help you today what can i do?" But what we do everyday in day out in our lives affects and inspire government too.
But government sef wey dey try to bring such idea to existence in a nation where there's no DMV (Department of Motor VEhicles) na only MOT(Ministry Of Transportation) dey. the ministry cannot oversee everything. undecided but if there are smaller segments like DMV, ehen large ideas like this can be monitored and put to exixtence
And to respond to the last post am seeing on here before me, i think he talked about the western world registering their drivers licence and owning it for life, the answer is a capital letter NO, you still have to re-register every 3-4years but you will have to report to all local DMV in your area, Na only for naija i see say person go sit down for house dem go carry drivers licence come give am, Not in the western world.
So i think its going to be a good idea to route each individual's licence plate to his or her driver licence by doing this, each persons can be held accountable for anything that happens with his transportation means and things will even be easier for insurance companies to access their clients without going to them indoors or knocking on their doors. they can just go on some telemarketing strategies and life easier, THIS IS 2012 'JET AGE NO MORE PAPER FILE CABINETS OO ABEG
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by webmaster3: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2012
I thought the new plate number was introduced for proper identification of the owner of the vehicle. However i have noticed a lot of car owners selling thier cars with the new plate number on it, i thought the new plate numbers were supposed to be removed when you selling your car and use it for another vehicle purchased by the owner of the plates.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by evoama4all: 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
how much 2 get Abuja or Lagos plate pls. I want 2 have police permit 4 my factory tinted car. Hw long does it take and hw much?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tree Falls On A Moving Vehicle In Lagos (photos) / Long, Brown Snake Crept Out Of Lady Car's While She Was Driving / Policeman In Ojota Assists With A Vehicle Causing Traffic - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.