Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) (42405 Views)

Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / House Of Reps Wants New Number Plate Project Halted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by chidexy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
we all want things done differently in this country, but nobody wants to accept change. The best way to capture all vehicle owners is by forcing a change in the license numbers. Now you get a new license plate number and it's registered against your name and drivers license. That's how it is done in other countries.

If you own a car go and get the new license and stop moaning!
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by jakigaga(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
chidexy:

we all want things done differently in this country, but nobody wants to accept change. The best way to capture all vehicle owners is by forcing a change in the license numbers. Now you get a new license plate number and it's registered against your name and drivers license. That's how it is done in other countries.

Guy Capture what? so when you bought your existing plate they didn't take your details?,Why cant they upload those details into a data base or better still give a five year time frame so that when next one goes for registration they capture the data.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Mobsync(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
Another nonsense, You can also imagine the amount wasted to print new notes esp the =N=50 note. From big paper to small paper to polymer to another one with 50th  independence celebration logo>>>PATHETIC undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by chidexy(m): 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2011
the policy is already in place and we can cry all we want, it won't change anything. If you want to know the true advantage of the new license number, wait until you have some points against your license for reckless driving
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by ikechukz(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2011
so not cool.is this the new plate number they were talking about
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Kx: 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2011
chidexy:

the policy is already in place and we can cry all we want, it won't change anything. If you want to know the true advantage of the new license number, wait until you have[b] some points against your license for reckless driving
[/b]
dream on
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by tboy1(m): 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2011
chidexy:

This is to extort money, nothing else
They can easily merge the driver's details and address by instructing all car owners to come and update their details and a time frame should be implemented, say 3 months. . . once you have re-registered your car, you'll be given a slip to show your car had been updated. After 3 months police or LASTMA have a right to tow any car which was not re-registered. Worst case scenario they can charge each car owner 100naira (we can call this admin fee)
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by sdbaba: 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2011
tboy1:

They can easily merge the driver's details and address by instructing all car owners to come and update their details and a time frame should be implemented, say 3 months. . . once you have re-registered your car, you'll be given a slip to show your car had been updated. After 3 months police or LASTMA have a right to tow any car which was not re-registered. Worst case scenario they can charge each car owner 100naira (we can call this admin fee)

My Brother, you couldnt have spoken any better. God Bless you! Excatly what they should have done. This is sheer common sense and reasoning. ooopppsss, I forgot those ruling us have neither! may God help us in this country1

So expecting a family with three cars to churn out about over N150K to get the new plate numbers and licenses is a good idea? Chidexy u need to think right!!!
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by eros(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2011
What more can we say to these things lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by chidexy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
tboy1:

Believe me, it would cost more to implement what you are suggesting. Besides, how do you "force" people to go for the update? How long did it take to have people go register their SIM cards? Even so, weren't people crying foul and our senators and reps calling for the registration to be suspended, just like they are doing now?

The approach the government took on this particular policy is the best. To gradually phase out the old license plate (not that there's anything wrong with it) in order to capture the people accordingly in the new system (which is the sole aim of the new license plate)
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by inspiredm(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2011
chidexy:

Believe me, it would cost more to implement what you are suggesting. Besides, how do you "force" people to go for the update? How long did it take to have people go register their SIM cards? Even so, weren't people crying foul and our senators and reps calling for the registration to be suspended, just like they are doing now?

The approach the government took on this particular policy is the best. To gradually phase out the old license plate (not that there's anything wrong with it) in order to capture the people accordingly in the new system (which is the sole aim of the new license plate)

There is No Security Feature on this New Number Plates.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by brainpulse: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2011
What its the difference? we all know somebody some where needs a contract to embezzle the treasury and hasnt bribe the vultures in the senate. Is this what we should be developing in this century? are ww really moving forward or backward
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by chidexy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2011
sdbaba:

So expecting a family with three cars to churn out about over N150K to get the new plate numbers and licenses is a good idea? Chidexy u need to think right!!!

@sdbaba, a family that can afford to maintain 3 cars would very likely be able to change the plate numbers of their cars. I am told that the high cost now is due to the Nigerian factor of civil servants collecting extra money to do their job. For all I know, it costs 15,000 Naira to obtain the new license plate. And yes, I think right, perhaps a little differently (on this matter) from the way you see the whole policy.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by chidexy(m): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2011
inspired_m:

There is No Security Feature on this New Number Plates.

@ inspired_m special security feature(s) are not required in license plates. From what I have read, the main aim is to have the new numbers registered to a person and a car (as is obtained in other climes) instead of just to a car. That way, if one wishes to sell his car, he has to de-register the number while the new owner would have to register the vehicle anew with his name and a different license plate. We've had cases where people commit crimes with their cars and are untraceable. That in my opinion would be minimized with this new system
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by inspiredm(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2011
chidexy:

@ inspired_m special security feature(s) are not required in license plates. From what I have read, the main aim is to have the new numbers registered to a person and a car (as is obtained in other climes) instead of just to a car. That way, if one wishes to sell his car, he has to de-register the number while the new owner would have to register the vehicle anew with his name and a different license plate. We've had cases where people commit crimes with their cars and are untraceable. That in my opinion would be minimized with this new system

Chidexy,

This System has been existing in Lagos State for over 7 Years if not more, its Called the AUTO-REG System

Once a Car has been Assigned a License Plate Number, That Number is registered to that Particular Car and the Owner

The Names & Address of the Owner, Chasis Number, Color of the Vehicle etc are stored in the database of the Auto REG System for that Particular Car.

I dont think we need New Number Plates for the Purpose as Anti-Theft or to have a Database of Car Users.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2011
Same s'hit different design!
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by sexlog(m): 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2011
I thougt it has been postponed.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by alex406(m): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2011
All they want is a way to loot the remaining treasury in this country. They should rather focus on providing quality standard of living instead of this.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by otokx(m): 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2011
Looks ugly
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by sdbaba: 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2011
inspired_m:

Chidexy,

This System has been existing in Lagos State for over 7 Years if not more, its Called the AUTO-REG System

Once a Car has been Assigned a License Plate Number, That Number is registered to that Particular Car and the Owner

The Names & Address of the Owner, Chasis Number, Color of the Vehicle etc are stored in the database of the Auto REG System for that Particular Car.

I dont think we need New Number Plates for the Purpose as Anti-Theft or to have a Database of Car Users.

Oga Inspired thanks for educating our dear Chidexy cos he seems to be the only one so far supporting this dumb arse idea. The whole purpose of the Auto Reg system is same as that being adduced as the reason for this new plate numbers. No doubt this is another scheme to fleece us of our hard earned money.

By the way Chidexy, if I give you N15k will you be able to get me the new plate numbers for my cars? Cos you sound like you work with the FRSC!!!
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Ofido(m): 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2011
even the old one is far more better than this new stuff. kini difference??
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by ikennahill: 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2011
what is wron g with the old plate number. this is rubbish as far as i am concern, to get data base u dont need to change number.what sort of country is this.i mean u can all make money in different ways not this useless policy
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Myself2(m): 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2011
This new on e is actually dumber and uglier than the old one
Mcheww to the highest power  angry angry
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by sdbaba: 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2011
Thr truth is that the national Treasury is no longer enough for them to loot now as they're all getting greedier by the day, so the only way out for them is to coin out some stupid and hapharzardly thought out ideas just to get us the commoners to part with our meagre income so that their egos and outrageous lifestyles can be maintained.

Arrant Nonsense and waste of Public Time and Energy!!! Pshew!!!
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Exponental(m): 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2011
Wats d essence of d inversion.
KJA 193 AA - new
AA 193 KJA- old
AAA 193 KJA would av been better cos it will allow larger coverage.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by catso(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2011
I don't see any reason to this change, there is virtually no difference from the old one.
some people are making business out of this.
As long as they benefit, they don't care about how much it cost a common man.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by tnktosin(m): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2011
New plates, same old bad roads
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2011
Mtcheew, What can we do?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Niseamaka(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2011
chidexy:

CHIDEXY, I WONDER WHY ABOUT 90% OF N`LANDERS ARE OPPOSED TO A VERY GOOD STEP. NIGERIA, LIKE MOST DEVELOPING COUNTRIES DO NOT HAVE A CREDIBLE CENTRAL DATA BASE FOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND LICENSING, BIRTHS, DEATHS, ETC, THAT CAN BE ASSESSED AT THE CLICK OF A MOUSE. THIS IS THE MAJOR REASON FOR THIS MOVE. EVERYONE BEMOANS THE CHAOTIC STATE OF AFFAIRS IN VIRTUALLY ALL SEGMENTS OF OUR SOCIETY, YET WE RESIST THE SLIGHTEST EFFORT TOWARDS POSITIVE CHANGE. VEHICLE NUMBER PLATES IS A GREAT TOOL IN FIGHTING CRIME, PARTICULARLY IN A COUNTRY LIKE OURS WHERE "TRACEABILITY" IS VERY DIFFICULT. THIS DOSENT MEAN ELDORADO, BUT IT IS CERTAINLY A GOOD STEP IN RIGHT DIRECTION.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by http(m): 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2011
Again another insensitive, idiotic, moronic policy from the most useless President and people in any givt in the world.

Pls can these idiot explain the following.

1. Was there no drivers and owner's detail in the old plate when you register and renew your license?
2. if not to one, why can't be data capture when you go for renewal to your license.

imagine u have to get a new drivers license again, what is this duplication of exercise, u capture data in drivers license also in plate number,

This policy is evil and it show that the owners of nigeria have decided to kill and finish the masses once and for all.

Imagine, someone wake up one morning and said, oh! let change the drivers license, motor plate number, international passport, and giving deadline on it, sorry, we must remove subsidy, hhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! why has Nigerian decided to end their lives in this way, what has the poor masses do the govt? all these evil policy and decision by these b.a.s.t.a.r.d in power is too much.

Why have we dicided to punish and kill this nation?

The effect of Power tarriff, fuel subsidy removal,international passport renewal, drivers license and new plate will sink the masses to their grave, all these extortions is evil and too much for us to bear.

This is BAD BREATH angry angry angry angry
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by ollyruffy: 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2011
This is another dividend of voting mr GEJ, a.k.a " I had no shoes" to the poor masses. My main annoyance is that of my misjudgement to vote this guy.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by johndavid1(m): 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2011
mbatuku2:

Same old crap
grin grin grin grin i tell u na jst dat niger map dem put 4 the tin sef sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2018 Independence Drive: The Classic Cars That Graced Event (Photos) / Coscharis Debuts The All New BMW 7 Series In Nigeria (PHOTOS) / Serial Car Scratcher Caught On Camera (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.