Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead (32059 Views)

AFGHANISTAN LOADING! VIDEO: ROTIMI SANKORE: DATA, TERRORISM, & NIGERIA'S FUTURE / Rotimi Amaechi: 'I Don't Drink Or Smoke, What Do I Need Money For?' / Rotimi Amaechi Pictured Riding Bicycle As He Receives A Team Of Cyclists(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by pikechukwu6(m): 4:34pm On Apr 13
RIP
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Christlike01: 4:38pm On Apr 13
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Finquas: 4:47pm On Apr 13
Used to listen to his insightful analysis on Nigeria info .. we will miss him.. rip one of the few veteran journalists who wanted Nigeria to be cured from its paralytic corruptions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by ThierryJay: 4:52pm On Apr 13
Cineinfo:
RIP to him.
I used to listen to him on Nigeria Info.

Wow. This man kept me hooked to Nigeria Info whenever I'm driving with his intelligent fact based analysis about the Nigerian economic and political situation.

Mr Rotimi can analyze data like kilode. First time I heard him, he sounded like the most brilliant political analyst I'd heard on TV or Radio.

RIP to a great mind. Another unfortunate death but nevertheless a life well spent and to be celebrated.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Mthumbie: 5:17pm On Apr 13
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Clobisman(m): 5:18pm On Apr 13
treesun:

https://dailytrust.com/veteran-journalist-rotimi-sankore-is-dead/#google_vignette
He had cancer some time ago which he treated but I guess cancer os what it is... rest in peace to rotimi sankore, the man that has so much passion for this country.

2 Likes

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by dondigi(m): 5:25pm On Apr 13
Really enjoyed listening to his sound analysis of data on Nigeria info 99.3 with Aghogho Oboh. RIP wise one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Reussite: 5:30pm On Apr 13
Its a huge loss to be honest. He gives one of the best insights on Nigerian politics. I listened to his analysis during the 2019 elections on Nig Info and I was awed with his depth of political info.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Burgerlomo: 5:37pm On Apr 13
RIP
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by mindtricks: 5:40pm On Apr 13
Too bad, so sad.
Deaths upon deaths, upon deaths upon deaths this era.
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by mindtricks: 5:41pm On Apr 13
Clobisman:

He had cancer some time ago which he treated but I guess cancer os what it is... rest in peace to rotimi sankore, the man that has so much passion for this country.

I wonder if we can find his replacement.
Reminds one of when Momo Kubanji of Kubanji Direct died.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by azpekuliar: 5:46pm On Apr 13
A fine expert on Development Economics. Ever since he shared his prostrate cancer diagnosis on radio and his programme stopped airing a few months later, I secretly nursed the fear that a day like this was coming. I suggest that everyone should go catch some of his works (in the form of podcasts) on Spotify. Which reminds me, stop listening to Tolanibaj-type podcasts. There is absolutely nothing of value for you in them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Chicentt(f): 5:50pm On Apr 13
Why nah. What of tilumbu? sad

1 Like

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by newoffer: 6:01pm On Apr 13
Great Mind. Rest on Sir
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by udomonday: 6:09pm On Apr 13
He really wanted to see a better nigeria,but left with a dashed hope.
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by BeigJawnson(m): 6:10pm On Apr 13
Rest In Perfected Peace of your Creator... My condolences.
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Konquest: 6:11pm On Apr 13
treesun:

Veteran journalist and development data expert, Rotimi Sankore, is dead.

Kadaria Ahmed, chief executive officer of RadioNow 95.3FM, revealed this in a post via Facebook on Saturday.

Ahmed described the deceased as one of Nigeria’s finest journalists and excellent all round human beings.

The cause of his death was however not stated.

“It is with deep sorrow that I announce we have lost one of Nigeria’s finest journalists and excellent all round human beings, Rotimi Sankore. Rotimi loved Nigeria with a passion that allowed him to be honest about her problems and what needs to be done to solve them.

“He was an expert data journalist, the best at what he does. He could analyse data like no one else I knew using it to understand events but also project trajectories, especially avoidable ones.

“Over the years Rotimi spent time and energy trying to make sure those in government, policy makers and ordinary Nigerians understand what the numbers show, how they came about , what they mean and how they can help us understand what needs to be done.

“His work was insightful and was significant and it is his legacy. His death is a big loss . We will miss him. My heartfelt condolences to his daughter and his family,” the post read.

Sankore was a Development and Policy Expert; Journalist/Journalism Trainer; and Human Rights Advocate.

He was the ED/Editor-in-Chief of the Africa Centre for Development Journalism, a centre which offers strategic communication support to organisations whose goals are to effect social, political and economic change in Africa.

He worked as a Journalist across Africa and internationally, and until recently was Editorial Board Chair of Nigeria Info Radio Group / Part of AIM Media Group with 13 Stations in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Port Harcourt and Onitsha (Incorporating Nigeria Info, WaZoBia, Cool FM & Arewa Radio Stations

https://dailytrust.com/veteran-journalist-rotimi-sankore-is-dead/#google_vignette
OMG! Rotimi Sankore has passed on from the prostate cancer he said he was treating. He was a moving encyclopedia while alive with a lot of stats smoking off his head. We've just witnessed the end of a cycle of human existence. I learned from his deep insights while he was alive.

Rotimi Sankore is the late TV veteran Joseph Abiodun Babatunde Adu's (Jab Adu) biological son. Jab Adu featured in the original Village Headmaster series for some years on TV.

My condolences go out to his immediate and extended family members.

#Respect

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by fuck419: 6:19pm On Apr 13
Something is definitely wrong with the Nollywood Industry. The Devil is obviously the President of that Industry.
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Jevica: 6:33pm On Apr 13
RIP. The writer didn’t mentioned his age.
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Henrymas(m): 6:42pm On Apr 13
One of our finest has just taken a bow!!!! Rest i peace uncle Rotimi, I will miss you.
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by breezeng: 7:07pm On Apr 13
RIP
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by victorclean(f): 7:19pm On Apr 13
May his soul rest in peace. I just hope he is not among the majority ebinpawarians journalists that use lie to turn narration.

The few good ones are exceptional.
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Samsunny99: 7:54pm On Apr 13
Farewell boss
I hope govt will pay their last respect to you by requesting for previous progs on your analysis and data on education btw you and Agogo at Nigeria info
So we don't remain in this social and political quackmire
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Focusmind: 8:03pm On Apr 13
I am shocked! One of my favourite analyst and commentator on 99.3fm Nigeria info. He always made my ride home from VI to mainland on Fridays memorable with his impeccable analysis of data to back up his position on development issues. Very articulate professional. The way he talked and his accents would hook you on Nigerian info, non stop.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by vanfem: 8:14pm On Apr 13
What a loss! I loved listening to his indept analysis with real statistics on Public Square Programme every Friday on Nigeria Info 99.3FM. He was a very brilliant and passionate journalist.
What a beautiful soul and what a loss to the nation!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by ADIPONECTIN: 8:19pm On Apr 13
Public square, not Village square
Klington:
tongue

RIP the Guru

I remember village square those days
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Josephkabila12: 9:08pm On Apr 13
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Kunlemajor: 10:44pm On Apr 13
RIp
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by ufuosman(m): 10:44pm On Apr 13
Rip
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Lawalemi(m): 11:02pm On Apr 13
Oh. I recall he treated cancer recently
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by bionixs: 12:26am On Apr 14
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

NIGERIA HAS LOST A BIG TREASURE!!!!!!

ROTIMI SANKORE..RIP

Had fought cancer for a very looooong time. He had had surgery some many times too
Re: Veteran Journalist, Rotimi Sankore, Is Dead by Morizo(m): 12:59am On Apr 14
treesun:

What a loss, a true advocate of the rule of law. Shame a Better Nigeria didn't happen in your life time. Rest well legend

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How 30 Boko Haram Insurgents Overran 1,000 Troops In Mubi / Ize-Iyamu To Obaseki: How Much Dollars Did You Pay PDP For Governorship Ticket? / Police Shoot Young Man Dead In Abia (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.